Profile for Mae G > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mae G "Mae G" RSS Feed (Bay Area, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Crocheter's Companion: Revised and Updated
The Crocheter's Companion: Revised and Updated
by Nancy Brown
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $16.57
56 used & new from $0.63

3.0 out of 5 stars ... lines of "The Knitter's Companion" which I own and love. My experience crocheting is very limited so I ..., November 23, 2014
I wanted a go-to reference guide for patterns along the lines of "The Knitter's Companion" which I own and love. My experience crocheting is very limited so I ordered a pattern geared at beginners. Even so, the first stitch called for (Foundation Double Crochet, or FDC) is not mentioned in this book, so I had to turn to utube. This is disappointing especially as the volume is rather slim and honestly, how much could it have hurt to include an extra page. I don't know what else is missing or how useful this volume will end up being, but thus far the illustrations and explanations for the techniques covered seem clear and helpful, so I'm going to keep this and hope for the best.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2014 9:43 AM PST

Casabella Round Brush Scrubber 1ea, Assorted Colors
Casabella Round Brush Scrubber 1ea, Assorted Colors
Offered by MidAtlantic Merchant
Price: $7.22
8 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I got green! GREEN!!!!, June 23, 2014
Wow, I felt like winning the lottery! Only for a little bit though, now it's still a great dish washing brush but the million $ windfall effect has worn off. Will buy this again though and hold my breath until I find out the color...

Capezio Women's Bunheads 2.5" Hairpins,Brown,One Size
Capezio Women's Bunheads 2.5" Hairpins,Brown,One Size
Offered by Under Moments
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy enough to hold my thick, heavy and loooong hair!, June 23, 2014
I haven't worn my hair up in ages because I've never found an implement that was sturdy enough to hold it in place. My hair laughs at bobby pins! These are wonderful and i'm pushing new limits for my style and raking in compliments as I go :)

Levi's Baby Boys' Overall W Snappy Tape, Hickory Stripe, 18 Months
Levi's Baby Boys' Overall W Snappy Tape, Hickory Stripe, 18 Months
Price: $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but, April 14, 2014
Ok, for cuteness I would give this one 5 stars. I am deducting one for the leg-snaps: they are flimsy compared with other baby overall's and come undone too easily and sometimes entirely unintentionally. Another star is deducted for the hook closure and the metal thingies that make the shoulder straps adjustable. The way these are made they don't hold the material in place but slide around. As a result, the overalls hang down lower than you want them and whenever you grab the loops to hook the front buttons in place you have to twist and wiggle them into position. I ended up fixing the adjustable shoulder strap in place by sewing it in place but obviously that's not the point. A company like Levi's should be equipped to design and manufacture a better product than this. Overalls from The Gap, Carhartt, and Oshkosh have all served us better.

Disana Wool Overpant Diaper Cover (6-12 months 74/80, blue)
Disana Wool Overpant Diaper Cover (6-12 months 74/80, blue)
Offered by DisanaUSA
Price: $26.50
3 used & new from $25.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Second-best to DIY, March 27, 2014
I love that this rises high on the body and low on the legs for extra leak protection. However, I don't find that this is as good a barrier for pee as other reviewers have stated. I did lanolize it but still the moisture comes through. Unfortunately not an option for overnight. If you're up for it, knit your own from lanolin-rich wool and line the inside with loose wool fresh off the sheep (needle-felt it on). Pretty involved, I know, but unbeatable in terms of moisture stoppage. (Are we crazy?)

Baby Knows Best: Raising a Confident and Resourceful Child, the RIE™ Way
Baby Knows Best: Raising a Confident and Resourceful Child, the RIE™ Way
by Deborah Carlisle Solomon
Price: $17.95
56 used & new from $0.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice theory, delivered in annoyingly dogmatic tone., March 27, 2014
While I intuitively agree with the RIE philosophy for the most part, this book started to annoy me: The author is the president of Magda Gerber's fan club and it's all "Magda says." I'm sure Magda was an insightful and intelligent person but not every drop of her wisdom will be right for your child. If you feel you need a "how-to" manual for parenting (which this aspires to be) then maybe you really need the kind of intuition and confidence that no book can give you. Take this book with a good grain of salt, trust your instincts, and enjoy your baby!

White Down Baby Comforter
White Down Baby Comforter
Offered by Down Town Feather

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Option, March 27, 2014
This review is from: White Down Baby Comforter
I needed these exact dimensions because I already had some covers to fit. It fits, it's warm, and my baby loves to sleep under his new "cloud." So far no down has pushed through either and the way it's stitched the distribution stays pretty even. Of course you need to shake / fluff it up regularly, as with any down comforter or pillow. Warmth wise, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say it's about a 7 - warm enough for most cool nights in Northern California.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 8:15 PM PST

Frontier Earl Grey Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, 16 Ounce Bag
Frontier Earl Grey Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, 16 Ounce Bag
Price: $22.20
5 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good tea, March 6, 2014
I have to agree with the reviewer who complained that this doesn't taste much like Earl Grey tea - the bergamot flavoring is very subtle. Also, the leaves are very small with a lot of tiny particles that slip right through the sieve and end up at the bottom of the cup (hence my 1 star deduction). That said, the flavor is in my opinion delicious for just a classic cup of English-style tea. And the price is not outlandish for fair-trade organic so I keep coming back to this one.

Baggu Baby Reusable Bag, Alpaca Print
Baggu Baby Reusable Bag, Alpaca Print

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading: This is the BABY size bag, not the standard!, March 4, 2014
I bought a standard size Baggu in a store and love it so much that I wanted more. The standard size holds a ton of groceries and is both sturdy and comfortable to carry - not to mention pretty and practical. Since the title of this one is "Reusable Shopping Tote" I figured it was the same. Should have double checked the measurements because what I got is the "Baby" version of my favorite tote. Not much use for shopping at all. For the price it's too much hassle to return but I still feel like I just lost some nice $. Bummer.

DARICE 1217-153 Washi Tape Roll, 5/8 by 315-Inch, Assorted Neon, 4-Pack
DARICE 1217-153 Washi Tape Roll, 5/8 by 315-Inch, Assorted Neon, 4-Pack
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $9.00
5 used & new from $3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Neon!, March 3, 2014
I'm no expert on washi tape so i can't comment on the quality of these compared to others out there. The tape is semi-translucent and tears off nicely. It is, however, NEON, not sort of nice strong colors as in the picture but a true, back-to-the-90s flash.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 2:47 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4