Profile for Dennis Maloney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dennis Maloney RSS Feed (New York USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Vikings Season 2 [HD]
Vikings Season 2 [HD]
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better every week, April 10, 2014
I consider Vikings to be one of the best shows on television right now. It has great characters, action and storylines. It's the 'watercooler' show at my office these days. Definitely worth checking out.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1980) ( Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.2 Import - United Kingdom ]
3 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back fond memories, March 9, 2014
I first saw this on PBS when I was in high school and have wanted to see it again for years. I finally did and it was as good as I remember. The late David Hemmings was a great Jekyll/Hyde and I particularly like the fact that they followed the original and made Jekyll an older man while Hyde was young. Aside from Hammer's Two Faces Of Dr. Jekyll this may have been one of the first productions to do that.

Cryptid: The Swamp Beast Season 1 [HD]
Cryptid: The Swamp Beast Season 1 [HD]
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining., March 9, 2014
The drama portion of the show is fun but I enjoy the documentary aspect more. I'm very interested in stories of Bigfoot, UFOs, etc and like to keep an open mind but I'm not an outright believer. I enjoy listening to stories like this but don't believe everything I hear. I hope History does more stuff like this.

TARDIS Eruditorum: An Unofficial Critical History of Doctor Who Volume 4: Tom Baker and the Hinchcliffe Years
by Philip Sandifer
Price: $12.59
16 used & new from $10.45

4.0 out of 5 stars He has interesting opinions certainly, but..., February 5, 2014
I don't agree with everything he says. For instance he is very intense in his dislike of Pyramids Of Mars, Seeds Of Doom and Talons Of Weng Chiang 3 stories very rightly considered classics by most people. He makes valid points about them certainly but I'm not sure if he's taking the critic role a little too seriously. Still everyone is entitled to their opinion and his blog and the books are very entertaining reads. Highly recommended.

The Curse of Oak Island Season 1
The Curse of Oak Island Season 1
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show., February 5, 2014
I first heard about the Oak Island "Money Pit" back in the 70's , probably on In Search Of. It's a fascinating story. Is the treasure the lost treasure of the Knights Templar? Pirate booty? The lost works of Shakespeare? 2 brothers are determined to find out. The show is very enjoyable and the obstacles they face are very challenging but they have made some interesting discoveries so far. I'll be interested to see what else they find.

Monsters and Mysteries in America Season 2 [HD]
Monsters and Mysteries in America Season 2 [HD]
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting show..., January 29, 2014
I love the recreations, they are movie quality and very creepy. My favorite episode is the Wolfman, Dogman episode but all of them are good.

Arrow: The Complete Second Season
Arrow: The Complete Second Season
DVD
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better., January 20, 2014
Season 1 was great and season 2 just keeps getting better. We've had Black Canary, the origin of The Flash, Brother Blood and the return of Slade Wilson and the season is only half over. I hope the show lasts at least 5 seasons to complete the island storyline.

Elementary, Season 2 [HD]
Elementary, Season 2 [HD]
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As enjoyable as Sherlock but different., January 20, 2014
Elementary proves that you can have 2 modern day Sherlock Holmes shows on at the same time that are very different. I like the fish out of water aspect of Holmes being in New York and estranged from his family. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are an excellent double act.

Finding Bigfoot Season 5
Finding Bigfoot Season 5
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show., January 20, 2014
Really enjoyable and much more believeable than some other monster hunting shows. I really hope that one day they will find something that convinces Ranae that Sasquatch does exist.

America Unearthed Season 2
America Unearthed Season 2
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show that really makes you think., January 20, 2014
Some of the theories really stretch credibility and I like the fact that the host Scott Wolter admits as much. He's open minded but is not afraid to say that a theory has no proof to back it up. He's also not afraid to go against popular opinion. I like the show a lot and hope it continues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 9:05 PM PST