Profile for John Hanson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Hanson "Johnny Appleseed" RSS Feed (Payson, Utah)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gold Stars F3528002 LED Dome Light Fixture Double 921 Wedge 2 X 150 LUM 12v Natural White (1)
Offered by Smart Camping World
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Could NOT be more happy with these lights, November 4, 2014
Could NOT be more happy with these lights. My wife wanted me to install under-counter lighting - the rope-type LED stuff. When I replaced the two 12 volt lights with these, she said forget the ropes - that was exactly what she was looking for. Also, unlike the ones installed in our Montana 3750FL, we can turn on only half a light with these. We are also replacing the ceiling lights and are very happy with the new light levels. Finally, we have gone solar and the voltage draw on the batteries is a fraction - literally - of what it was. A real win/win situation for us.

Camco 22902 TastePURE 1/2" ID x 25' Heated Drinking Water Hose
Camco 22902 TastePURE 1/2" ID x 25' Heated Drinking Water Hose
Price: $153.57
18 used & new from $153.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding heated RV hose, October 6, 2014
The lowest temp I have encountered was 15 degrees in September in Yellowstone Nat'l Park where we were working. The hose kept the water inside from freezing even when the hose bib, which was NOT heated, did freeze. As soon as we heated the hose bib/faucet for about 60 seconds with a hair dryer, the water started running.

I loved that the hose came with a fitting that lets it be hooked up so the electrical plug is at either the water source end or the RV end. I'm having an AC plug installed where the hose hooks up to the RV so I will not need to use an extension chord (which would invalidate the warranty). Also, I took advantage of the $10 remote offered by Amazon along with the hose that lets me turn on the power at the plug from w/in the RV.

PortaPuzzle Deluxe 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Storage and Transport 1000pc
PortaPuzzle Deluxe 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Storage and Transport 1000pc
Offered by StitchCraftCreate - ships next day from the UK
Price: $74.95
4 used & new from $74.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution in limited space, March 20, 2014
My wife & I have become full-timers and that has really slowed down our jigsaw puzzle solving, something we've loved doing together. This case makes it possible to put the puzzle away and take it out again easily. We haven't completed our first puzzle since making the RV our permanent home, but to be honest, we haven't tried yet. However, the puzzle is safely put away waiting for us without having to dump the pieces in the box - it is about 10% finished and will transfer easily to the dining table when our busy lives allow.

Telescope Solar Filter by Seymour Solar for Meade ETX 125, 114EQ, and DS-2114 ATS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the quality I hoped for, March 20, 2014
I was hoping to see more surface detail on the sun than I do with this filter. I saw none.

I'll pay what I have to in order to get it, but thought this one would do the job. I can see sun spots, but that's about it. I've only used it once and - to be honest - am reviewing it now because I keep receiving the request, but I'd like longer to determine it's quality. If it works better with a longer effort, I'll try to come back and modify this evaluation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 5:27 PM PST

Camco 57713 Olympian Wave 6 Dust Cover (Wall Mounted Style)
Camco 57713 Olympian Wave 6 Dust Cover (Wall Mounted Style)
Price: $13.52
16 used & new from $13.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 28, 2013
The only negative reviews of the Wave 6 Olympian Heater involved having to re-build it due to pollution of the heating element by dust & dirt. People who used the heater seemed to have more success. This cover is heavy duty and fits well, and it can be placed over the heater within minutes of turning it off, so there is no need to leave the heater uncovered when leaving the RV. Good product for a very low price.

XtremepowerUS Portable 12.5' Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
XtremepowerUS Portable 12.5' Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
Offered by TZSeller
Price: $81.57
3 used & new from $81.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, October 2, 2013
My wife & I are now full-timers and bought some equipment to keep our awning out permanently. We cannot hang a ladder off our permanent 5th wheel ladder because the bike goes there, so I looked for something portable. This ladder looked good - I had seen one like it for $169 at Camping World but didn't want to pay that much.

This cost me about $85 and arrived quickly. It does the trick and stores easily on top our four folding chairs in the 'basement' of our RV. Yesterday, at the Boise Camping World I saw this ladder selling for $195 - exact same ladder - and the one that is 2 feet shorter for $165. This was a GREAT deal. The ladder works very well.

The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book from a great professor, July 23, 2013
If Sean Carroll had a fan club, I'd be a member. While serving a mission for our church in Samoa, I ordered and watched his "The Great Courses" lectures on "The Physics of Time" and "Dark Matter - Dark Energy". They were magnificent. His approach is open and his knowledge is expansive. As a guy who has made his living in front of audiences all over the world doing seminars, I was grateful for a presenter who made his 'show' about the subject matter - not about himself.

I found this book to have the same open-ness - lots of knowledge presented for me to mull over and lots of learning to be learned. I am grateful to really good teachers, and Dr Carroll is certainly that.

Kala Mahogany Ukulele Stand Out
Kala Mahogany Ukulele Stand Out

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I wanted., July 23, 2013
My guitar stands are not very portable, and - as much as I like them - I like this one better. It is very easy to take along with me. Also, I love the 'wood on wood' look this gives to my Kala Concert Uke.

Pacific Ocean Map 1:24M Hema (Hema Maps International)
Pacific Ocean Map 1:24M Hema (Hema Maps International)
by Hema Maps
Edition: Map
Price: $13.14
34 used & new from $9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, December 6, 2012
You don't realize that a great part of our world is based around the South Pacific until you live there. Hema maps provided an enlarged map of the Samoan Islands which has caused many people to ask "Where did you get that?" My new "Pacific Ocean" map is getting the same response.

Electric LED Bug Fly Mosquito Zapper Swatter Killer Control with Built-in Rechargeable Batteries - 2400 Volts (Color may Vary)
Offered by TopSeller100
Price: $14.49
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Frying is fun, December 6, 2012
We are in Samoa, where the insects REALLY bite. Mosquitoes are what this Zapper is made for and I already own one which I bought to fight them off in Alaska where my wife & I worked as Bus Driver/Tour Guides for the cruise lines.

But now the real enemy is the Samoan Wasp. Rated as one of the most painful insect bites/stings in the South Pacific and I can vouch for that rating. After three stings over the last 12 months - each one requiring a 7 day course of antibiotics to fight cellulitus and a swollen fore-arm (they go for the arms & hands) that reminded me of the old Popeye cartoons for five days - I bought another one to place by the home front door (the first one is in the office).

These insanely aggressive wasps, once disturbed, will chase you for blocks to sting. Now, after renewing my backhand technique, I listen to them fry. This is the right tool for the job. Now, if I see one, I go hunting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5