Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for L. Amador > Reviews

Browse

L. Amador's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Amador RSS Feed (Torrance, CA)

Soft Air PT99 Taurus Co2 Full Auto Metal Blowback Pistol
Soft Air PT99 Taurus Co2 Full Auto Metal Blowback Pistol
Price: $119.96
9 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars really fun airsoft pistol, August 2, 2014
This is a very solid, really fun airsoft pistol. The blowback is pretty convincing and simulates the recoil on a real pistol. One of the most impressive things about this particular model is the weight and feel. Aside from the grips and the orange tip, this is all metal and actually weighs a little more than the real gun. The other cool feature on this gun is that it's fully automatic. As others have said, this can be a lot of fun but it will drain the magazine of BBs and gas in seconds. Regardless, this pistol is a great gun. if CO2 is not your cup of tea, I found a green gas magazine at my local airsoft store that fit the gun perfectly. It's a WE M-92 Tactical Master gas magazine.

Rhino Rack Roof Mount Cargo Basket, Regular
Rhino Rack Roof Mount Cargo Basket, Regular
Price: $259.60
4 used & new from $251.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cargo basket for the money, July 14, 2014
Wonderful cargo basket for the money. I purchased this for my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek for those long trips where the family needs the added luggage space. It was fairly easy to assemble (comes shipped in about 4 major pieces), but I would be careful in installing the bolts that secure the front wind deflector. I screwed one a little too tight and it cracked the plastic bracket that connects the wind deflector to the cage. It was nothing that a zip tie couldn't fix but still worth noting. Installation on the car is relatively simple as well, with 1 big, personal complaint: The screws used to connect the cage to the roof rack are special security hex screws to make it more difficult for someone to remove/steal the cage. I actually appreciate this feature, however, the tool they provide for installation is a small, special allen wrench and it is difficult to the point of annoying to use this for the install. If you look on the Rhino Rack website, they actually sell a t-handle wrench for an additional $14 which to me is just price gouging and somewhat predatory in its tactic with customers. Do yourself a favor and just do a quick search on Amazon for a 5mm hex security bit that can be used instead of the allen wrench. This should also be much cheaper than the $14 t-handle wrench from Rhino Rack. I found this Security Bit Set 33PC (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030UXOEQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for half the price and it comes with 32 additional bits. Now I can secure my basket onto the car without fear of carpal tunnel and can even take apart my PS Vita if I needed to . Other than this one gripe, I would say the Rhino Rack cargo basket is an awesome option. The family and I used it last week for a trip to Yosemite and it worked flawlessly. It also looks great on my Crosstrek!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2015 6:10 PM PDT

iPad mini Keyboard Case, New Trent NT31B Airbender Mini Rugged Splash Resistant Dirt and Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth iPad mini Keyboard Case with Built-in Screen Protector for iPad mini 1 2 3 Only
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $69.95
20 used & new from $27.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard/case for the money, July 14, 2014
My first iPad mini was recently stolen so I had to buy a new device and case and opted for the New Trent. On my initial iPad, I went with the SHARKK which has very similar features and design as far as the keyboard but is much slimmer. I opted for the New Trent for a little more added protection and so far I've very pleased with the case. It does add quite a bit more bulk and weight, which worried me initially but now that its on the iPad, I can honestly say those concerns have been mitigated by how impressed I am overall with the quality and functionality of this case. Case is very Otterbox-like and can appreciate the added protection as I've had endured cracked iPad screens in the past. While the keyboard is a little cramped, it's not any more so than any of the other keyboard cases out there. In fact, I'd argue that this is slightly more roomy than the SHARKK. Continuing with that comparison, I also like that there is more articulation in the metal stand for the New Trent than the SHARKK. In some of the initial video reviews, folks were complaining about the lower part of the stand being plastic, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that New Trent has listened to these concerns and replaced the plastic with an all metal stand. Another feature I really appreciate is the ability to separate the iPad from the keyboard, which allows me to reduce weight and bulk while maintaining protection of the iPad when I only need the tablet. Furthermore, in the is configuration, the iPad feels very computable and stable in my hands. It actually reminds me more of the iPad Lifeproof case when it's separated from the keyboard (less the water proof feature of the LIfeproof case). Given all of this, you're kind of getting two devices for the price of one. Speaking of price, the $40 for the New Trent is even greater testament to the company for not gouging customers with a $100+ price point, as they probably could have with the quality of this case. Prior to buying this case, I read some of the 1000+ reviews on the case, including the few negative, 1-star rated reviews. I was very impressed with the fact that many of those reviews had comments/responses by the company offering assistance to the unhappy costumer about their purchase. This had me sold. Overall I would say that if you are cost-conscious and want a more rugged case/keyboard, the New Trent is definitely worth the look. If the added bulk and weight is a concern, I would recommend looking at the SHARKK for the same price.

London Fog Men's Mercer Double Breasted All Weather Coat
London Fog Men's Mercer Double Breasted All Weather Coat

4.0 out of 5 stars lui951, January 9, 2013
I was looking for an overcoat that could be used in replace of blazers on cold days for work. This seemed to be a great option. The Mercer is thinner than a traditional London Fog trench coat, which is perfect for Southern California (also much less bulky than a Navy-style peacoat which is similar). I can't imagine this being suitable for Mid West or East Coast winters but seems fine for 50 degree and above weather. It's very stylish and contemporary but I questioned whether or not its polyester shell would truly keep me dry from the rain. It does have an inner lining throughout the coat, so I poured some water directly onto the sleeve to test it. The water was obsorbed into the shell but did not bleed through to the inner lining. Having said this, I will probably still grab my gortex jackets for heavy rain but this should do just fine for sprinling to short showers. I am 5'3", 150 lbs with an above average muscular build (lots of weight lifting). I ordered the medium and it falls perfectly on he shoulders and not too tight on the chest (40"-41") but there is some tightness in the arms and back. My only problem with the medium is it's a little long on the sleeves and the overall coat length. The sample photo shows the coat falling to around the bottom of the pants pocket but mine falls just above my knees. I will probably take the jacket to be tailored to address these concerns. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the coat.

Timex Men's T5K237 1440 "Sports" Digital Watch with Black and Silver-Tone Resin Band
Offered by Classic Time Collection
Price: $23.00
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money!, March 5, 2011
I'm not sure if I would have even bothered to write a review for this item if it weren't for the 1-star review left by another reviewer. I'm truly amazed that someone would believe that they were getting a heart rate monitor feature on a watch that cost $15. The watch is perfect for my needs. I use it for running, biking, the gym, snowboarding....oh and for telling time. I bought it in silver and grey which was a little more unique than the standard black, and like other reviewers, what attracted me most was the really easy to read face. The huge numbers are great and the layout of the display has everything I need for my immediate day-to-day use. My other watch is a G-Shock which is so bulky that this serves as a great relief for my wrist once and a while. Its slim and light and best of all cheaper than the price of a decent meal out so I can be stress-free about damaging or loosing it. Overall, the watch is great and in my opinion deserves 5 stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Whole Lot of Kite!, September 23, 2010
My wife and I live 10 minutes away from the beach and have nurtured a strong affinity to kite flying with our 4 and 6 year olds. This past summer, my son and I began flying foil kites when we purchased the HQ Symphony 1.4. This kite has been a blast but limited by it's flyability in low level winds, and because you need 2 people most of the time to launch and re-launch it. This was my main draw to the Rush 3 Pro. For months, I read reviews and watched video clips online about how helpful the 3rd line is for re-launching. Let me tell you, all of what I researched was true. With just a slight pull of the middle line, you can reset the position of the kite and get it back up in the air in seconds. For my initial test flight, I took it (alone) to the Korean Friendship Bell in San Pedro (Calif.) where winds and kite flying are pretty much a staple. Set up was even easier than the Symphony. The kite lines wrap conveniently around the control bar so that all you have to do is lay out the kite and unwrap the lines around the bar (see HQ demonstration video online).

Now, for the flying...this is one serious kite. If you haven't done much research on trainer kites, the reason they are called this is because they are made to train someone to handle a power/traction kite for things like kite surfing, kite snowboarding and kite buggying. In all of these sports, a kite needs to be powerful enough to pull and lift someone. While trainer kites are much smaller, they are still incredibly powerful. In fact, a kite like the Rush 3 Pro 350 could possibly be used by a smaller individual as a traction kite. I purchased the 250 which is the smallest of the Rush 3 Pro line and it still dragged me across the grass several times. Depending on the winds and the kite's position, the 250 can go from hovering calmly above you to an aggressive power turn in an instant. At one point, the kite took a power dive which I wasn't prepared for and it actually scratched my hand against the control bar because of the sudden, strong pull of the kite. Needless to say, if you are entertaining the possibility of getting one of these, I would say make sure you do your homework. Know what size and style of kite you want; figure out what type of flying conditions you will typically fly in; and learn the basics of flying (take a lesson, watch videos, start with a smaller kite like HQ's symphony line, etc).

Having said all of this, I would whole heartedly recommend this kite. It's such a blast to fly and extremely easy and convenient (kite power and pull aside). The things that did it for me was the effectiveness and ease of use of the 3rd line, the kite design, and HQ's reputation for putting out really great kites. At this point, I'm slightly curious about trying kite surfing but even if I weren't, this is a great stand alone product for anyone who enjoys kite flying and wants to take that interest to the next level. Finally, the Rush 3 Pro comes with a really cool sling, carry bag that's perfect for trips to the beach or park. The bag even has a unique component to it: the BIGGEST damn zipper you'll ever see! Totally cracked me up when I saw it.

Monster HDMI 1000HD Ultimate High Speed (HDMI Cable with Ethernet) (2 meters)
Monster HDMI 1000HD Ultimate High Speed (HDMI Cable with Ethernet) (2 meters)
43 used & new from $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Monster Should Be Ashamed, July 28, 2009
If you've read any of the lower rated reviews for this product, I'm sure you'll find similar posts as mine, but I felt compelled to chime in because my cousin was recently "convinced" by his local Best Buy sales associate("best buy"...there's an oxymoron) to purchase some Monster cables for his new TV and PS3. Sadly, I didn't find out until after the fact and had to spend a considerable amount of time trying to convince him of the fact that he was scammed and ripped off. I seriously don't know how these guys sleep at night knowing that there cover has and continues to be blown and yet they still persist in pushing their "snake oil" to people. I guess there conscience is preserved so long as people hand over their money willingly.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HIGHER QUALITY HDMI CABLE...ONLY HIGHER PRICES.

There is incredibly compelling evidence that proves Monster and any other over priced HDMI Cable brand is just that...overpriced. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)cables involve a digital signal that is either there or not. There is no degredation in the signal strength. Therefore, as long as it is a true HDMI cable, it will work just as good as the next. With Monster, what you get are some REALLY good looking cables...so as long as you're willing to shell out the 900% - 1000% cost difference for aesthetics than so be it.

Anyway, don't take my word on this alone. Just google "HDMI Myths". Check out what reputable organizations like CNET, Popular Mechanics and PC World have to say about the issue. I was planning on providing links but in reviewing the guidelines, I discovered that I'm not allowed to do that.

Amazon should really offer something lower than a 1 star rating...perhpas some red flag alert that indicates an item not even worth rating because of situations like this. Either that or do multiple categories for ratings of a single product (i.e. cost, performance, quality, etc). Under this rating system I'd easily give Monster 5 stars for quality and performance but a negative star for cost. Equally, I'd give 5 stars across the board for the 2 meter HDMI cable I convinced my cousin to buy at Home Depot for $15 after finally returning his Monster cables(wanted to provide a direct link to the product but can't...it's available on their website though).

Please don't let these guys continue to take people's money. Get educated and educate others.

Sony Bravia XBR-Series KDL-32XBR6 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
Sony Bravia XBR-Series KDL-32XBR6 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

1.0 out of 5 stars ***BE WARNED!!!!****, June 19, 2008
I've had this TV for about a month now, and let me first say that it is an amazing monitor. It's bright, sharp, and I definitely concur with all of the other positive reviews about it. However, my low rating is more a reflection on Amazon and other websites that continue to "cut and paste" their product descriptions either from previous year model specifications or from really flawed research. In purchasing a new TV, the 3 criteria I had was LCD (Plasma is great but a real drain on electricity); 1080p (we have HD satelite and a Sony PS3/blu-ray); and last but probably the most important for me was 120hz capability. If you look both on this site and on sites like ZDnet or CNET, they all describe this as having Motionflow (Sony's version of 120hz) which dramatically reduces judder. I know that some people don't find the "sopa opera" effect all that appealing, but I really like it for some things and wanted it for my next TV.

THE SONY KDL-32XBR6 DOES NOT HAVE MOTIONFLOW/120hz.

I've researched the forums and because of coflicting reporst (some coming directly from Sony Technical Support) I know that their is still debate on whether it does or not. I've concluded that it DOES NOT. I've spoken with Sony's tech guys...they say it doesn't. Their website suggest from an ommission of this specification on their product description that it does not. And finally, I've spent the better have of a month renting Blu-Ray after Blu-Ray trying to replicate the 120hz "look" and have not been able to do it. I've played with settings on both the tv and my PS3 and their is nothing to indicate that it has Motionflow. It does have Cinemotion which is definitely NOT Motionflow. Even the manual for the TV idicates that only their new "W" series has Motion Enhancer which activates Motionflow (even this isn't entirely accurate because I know that some of the other larger XBR4, 5 and 6 models do have Motionflow.

Anyway, as I said, this is a non-essential feature for some people, but it was a major reason for me choosing this model, and I'm now extremely irritated by Amazon for posting misleading product information.

With all of this said, I am still satisfied with the TV for all of my other needs. The PS3 games and movies look beatiful, and I've seriously become spoiled for HD (it's actually pretty jarrig to go back to standard definition when switching to non-HD channels). Would I still recomend this TV?...yes but as most know, Sony relies heavily on its name recognition which allows them to hike up the price point of their stuff. I would certainly look at Samsung's LCDs as well. Just as good (if not better) and usually marked $50-$200 less.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 7:50 AM PST