Profile for Iona Main Stewart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 359

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Iona Main Stewart RSS Feed (Odense, Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Corners of the Globe: (The Wide World - James Maxted 2)
The Corners of the Globe: (The Wide World - James Maxted 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very exciting, but I kept turning the pages, January 11, 2015
I don't usually read this kind of book, but felt I needed some light reading and picked up this book from the library.

Previously long ago, I'd read some thrilling books by this author, but didn't find this one particularly exciting. It was also Volume 2 in a series, so I should have read Volume 1 instead, but it wasn't available.

The story is set at the end of the First World War. The action begins in the Orkney Islands, in the North of Scotland, where we meet the protagonist, Max, who is apparently some sort of Secret Service man or the like. He is after something termed the “grey file”, which apparently lists various members of Max's organization who are double agents, or not to be trusted.

Max chases/is chased by other spies through Scotland, and eventually the action shifts to Paris. There are lots of characters, most of which were difficult for me to distinguish from each other, and one could never be certain whether they were “goodies” or “baddies”. i.e. on Max's side or not. Max is attacked by others, and not averse to defending himself violently.

As mentioned, I didn't find the book exciting, but still I kept turning the pages, and couldn't really decide to give it up, so I must admit to it being readable.

There was an unexpected ending, and not really an ending, since we would have to read the next volume in the series to get that.

In my view the best feature of the book is Goddard's impeccable writing. I won't actually recommend the book – you will probably find several of the author's other books much more thrilling.

Beyond Happiness: Finding and Fulfilling Your Deepest Desire
Beyond Happiness: Finding and Fulfilling Your Deepest Desire
by Frank J. Kinslow
Price: $12.30
37 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great philosophical book with practical exercises - it will help you to achieve inner peace, January 4, 2015
This is not a book about Quantum Entrainment, as I had assumed it would be.

It is a philosophical book, very abstract, but containing several useful, practical exercises. The author himself describes it as a "poignant and practical guide to inner personal peace". He says it is written in simple language, and that may be, but I found some parts of the book quite challenging to comprehend.

Kinslow tells us about his early life in Japan, when he practised judo, and his sensei taught him how to quiet the mind. He also describes a spiritual, blissful experience he had as an adult when sitting in a café; the state of inner peace and bliss lasted for five weeks or so.

Just as I have previously experienced when reading the works of David R. Hawkins, when reading of Kinslow's experience, I myself entered a wonderful, blissful state.

Though, as stated above, this is not a book about QE, we do learn how to stop our thinking, if we haven't learnt it before from the QE books. (Stopping one's thinking, or quieting the mind, as Jo Dunning calls it, is a key initial factor in the path to enlightenment.)

Kinslow promises that in reading the book we will learn "to overcome physical and emotional pain and the fear of death". I already had no fear of death, and I don't know if I've learnt how to overcome pain from the book, but then I haven't really had time to practise the exercise he provides. The theme of the book is "Being is more effective than doing." Being is the act of not-doing. Not-doing means that we first become aware of pure awareness and "then watch as our world is created through the Self". Knowing the Self dissolves problems and the accompanying sufferings. The result is inner peace and prosperity.

K talks about "Self", "I" and "I Am", which are the same thing, and "me", the part of us that "has a body, a mind, a history, and future hopes and fears". To know Self is to become free of hopes and fears. Your Self, the "I", is the witness. "Me" is ever changing, and "I" never changes. "I", the Self, is first felt as a gentle peace. He tells us that one day we will be amazed to find that inner peace shows up right in the middle of some traumatic event.

We learn how to stop thinking by asking "Where will my next thought come from?" There comes a break in our thinking. We are awake, waiting, but there are no thoughts in that gap.

We just need to observe the gap between our thoughts on a regular basis. The gap is pure awareness - awareness of nothing.

We are told how the regular experience of Self will begin to change our life.

Problems effortlessly dissolve when one becomes aware of Self, and the symptom of Self-awareness is inner peace. Moreover, K asserts that "Awareness of Self is the fulfilment of your deepest desire".

Unproductive thinking about the future creates anxiety and worry; it is impossible to worry about the future when paying attention to the present moment.

One chapter is entitled "Your problems are not the problem". The problem is the mind. Though the Self cannot be used to correct problems, when we observe the Self, we "live free of the negative influence of problems".

K refers to Arjuna in the Bhagavad-Gita, a story of good overthrowing evil, but ultimately a story of seeking and finding Self. Arjuna had a problem he could not solve, so he surrendered and waited for Divine guidance - he retreated to a state of alertness without thinking or performing action.

In a chapter about overcoming physical pain we are given an exercise/experience showing us how to find our subtle body. K tells us that doing this exercise induces healing. It keeps us anchored in Self, and should help us overcome pain when practised regularly. In another exercise we learn to observe physical pain, which encourages it to dissolve.

In a chapter about enlightenment, we learn that enlightenment is "simply a shift in perception from me to not-me".

This is a deeply philosophical book, which may require focus and concentration to comprehend. Several readings of the book will also help. Before I read this book I had experimented with Kinslow's QE, and practised finding Eufeeling with some success, but sometimes Eufeeling eluded me. After reading this book, however, it became much easier to find Eufeeling, in fact, I can practically always find it, in the midst of active life with open eyes. (For an explanation of Eufeeling read Kinslow's books on Quantum Entrainment.)

I would highly recommend that you read the book.

I'm now greatly looking forward to reading Kinslow's latest book - "When nothing works, try doing nothing"

Toxic Intent
Toxic Intent
by Mrig Trishna
Price: $10.40
13 used & new from $7.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy, enjoyable read on an important topic!, December 21, 2014
This review is from: Toxic Intent (Paperback)
I received this book free in return for a review.

This is a first novel with an important theme – that of the potential toxicity of the everyday products we use whether due to negligence or the desire for profit.

The protagonist, Meg Morgan, is a scientist employed in a chemical company and has the task of evaluating the safety of a new chemical; however, she soon suspects that all is not as it should be.

Meg expresses her doubts to her colleagues, but is constantly assured that they are unfounded and the chemical is perfectly safe.

However, Meg is a conscientious person and pursues her suspicions. This is not made easier by the fact that she is soon in line for promotion and her sceptical views are not appreciated and their expression may spoil her chances.

There is a sub-theme about a little boy who becomes seriously ill after using a particular shampoo, and also a romantic theme which counteracts the cheerless topic of toxicity in our household products.

Unfortunately, the book is marred by the presence of many grammatical mistakes, typos and wrong use of words.

The author is herself a scientist so she knows what she's talking about.

If you want an easy, enjoyable read on an important topic, try this book!

In Your Own Hands: New Hope for People with Chronic Medical Conditions: Mindfulness-Based Practices for Mastery and Wellbeing
by Larry Berkelhammer
Price: $20.06
28 used & new from $15.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Shows how mindfulness is helpful to those with chronic health problems, but not an easy read, November 16, 2014
I received this book free in return for a review.

The author suffers from multiple, severe chronic conditions for which there are no known cures.

In 1991 he experienced a spontaneous recovery from a severe bout of flu by the power of the mind. He didn’t do any trying, he knew it was going to happen. Though he was not able to replicate his cure, the episode made him realize the power of the mind to improve health when nothing else works.

This is a book for those, like the author, with multiple health challenges, particularly autoimmune diseases. The author discovered mindfulness and the book contains mindfulness-based mastery practices which will bring you “increasing states of well-being”.

Mindfulness practice entails “becoming aware of all the thoughts, images, emotions, and sensations we experience, moment by moment”. It also entails becoming aware of all our behaviour from moment to moment.

Dr. Berkelhammer tells us that the root cause of disease is physiological stress.

Unnecessary suffering results from three related mechanisms:

1) An unhealthy relationship to our inner subjective experiences, consisting of one or more of the following: a) cognitive fusion (an overidentification with our thoughts, emotions, images and sensations) b) judgement (criticism of self and others) and c) lack of awareness of thoughts, emotions, etc.

2) Experiential avoidance: avoiding unpleasant thoughts, emotions, etc.

3) Behavioural constriction or restriction. This is when in our quest to avoid or escape distressing thoughts, etc we choose not to engage in actions we value.

Mindfulness practice can address all of these causes of unnecessary suffering.

The author explains in depth the state of cognitive fusion, which is the state of mind in which we are “so fused with our thoughts that they appear to be synonymous with fact: the literal truth”. This is the result of not being in full contact with the present moment.

Mindfulness practice, which tackles the problems of cognitive fusion and experiential avoidance, has considerable health benefits. It normalizes heart rate, heart rhythms, blood pressure and oxygen consumption, and helps you to become aware of your unhealthy habits and problematic behaviours. MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) is as effective as drugs in treating hypertension.

The author states that practicing mindfulness is not complicated but it is not easy, since it requires “an uncommon level of commitment”. For those suffering from chronic health problems, mindfulness helps by “allowing you to disengage from unhealthy thinking patterns”, the end result being improved physiological functioning. The goal of mindfulness practices is “to learn to live in full contact with the present moment”.

I must admit that I found this book exceedingly difficult to read and thus did not get through to the end. However, I found it to be impeccably written and its content to be of absolute importance. It has got me interested in mindfulness and I have in fact found a teacher to help me with it, but not as yet got started.

The book is a good introduction to mindfulness and explains how valuable it is to those with health problems. But you will need considerable commitment, not only to get started on mindfulness, but to read the book, since it is not an easy read.

Silva Mind Control Method of Mental Dynamics
Silva Mind Control Method of Mental Dynamics
25 used & new from $0.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful or interesting as the other books, but worth a read., November 9, 2014
I didn’t enjoy or appreciate this book as much as the other Silva books I’ve recently reviewed, nor do I understand what precisely the term ”mental dynamics” means in this context.

Whereas in the other Silva books we learn José’s various techniques, I found this one to be more philosophical and discursive, and less practical.

In the first chapter we learn the basic method of meditation - slowing our brain waves to around ten cycles per second of brain-wave activity. We are told that this is the “state of being in which the mind tends to separate from the body, and the bodily intelligence with no interference from mind, adjusts and heals itself”. This healing state of mind is called Alpha.

The second chapter is entitled “Switching your viewpoint to love”. To use love as a force in our life we need to change our attitude or viewpoint toward the troublesome situation or event.

I’ve noticed that many of those leaving extremely negative reviews of Silva books on Amazon, for instance, express their dissatisfaction in very derogatory and unpleasant terms. These people have missed the loving aspect of José’s teachings, and it is thus no surprise that it is difficult for them to use the method successfully.

We should use the affirmation “Every day in every way I’m getting better, better and better.”

We learn the five rules of happiness: 1) If you like a thing, enjoy it. 2) If you don’t like a thing, avoid it. 3) If you don’t like a thing and you cannot avoid it, change it. 4) If you don’t like a thing, cannot avoid it, and cannot or will not change it, accept it. 5) You accept a thing by changing your viewpoint of it.

José then teaches us the seven mighty principles. These are immutable laws of nature and cannot be changed or destroyed.

We are introduced to the Golden Image technique, which can be used, for instance, to get rid of a bad habit.

We learn to rid ourselves of unwanted past programming, and then to reprogramme.

Before anything you want to happen can occur, you must desire that it happen, you must believe that it can happen and you must expect it to happen.

There are chapters about weight control, motivation and procrastination and solving family problems.

There are interesting stories from José’s personal experience in most of the chapters,

I found this to be quite an interesting book, just in my view not up to the standard of the other Silva books, since it doesn’t seem to contain all the many basic methods and techniques.

If you love José’s books, you may not want to miss this one, but I personally did not find it to be an essential work.

The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived
The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived
by Lee Carroll
Price: $11.92
577 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative book about the Indigos, November 6, 2014
Indigo children are a new kind of children who have been coming into the world in recent years. They are termed Indigos because their auras have been found to be indigo in colour.

I've been somewhat disappointed by this book due to the fact that Lee Carroll did not seem to want to let us know about his role as channeller of Kryon, as though this was too "weird". Also, the role and function of Doreen Virtue, a main contributor to the book, as an angel expert I felt was extremely underplayed, as though this too was weird. Also, there were so many different contributors to the book that I was somewhat confused as regards who was the author of whatever section I was reading.

However, all in all I found it to be a useful book providing much valuable information about Indigos.

I most appreciated the listing of the most common traits of Indigo children:
1) They come into the world with a feeling of royalty.
2) They have a feeling of deserving to be here.
3) Self-worth is not an issue. They often tell the parents who they are.
4) They have difficulties with absolute authority (without explanation or choice).
5) They simply will not do certain things, for example stand in a queue.
6) They get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don't require creative thought.
7) They often see better ways of doing things and thus seem like "system-busters".
8) They seem anti-social unless they are with their own kind. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
9) They will not respond to "guilt" discipline" such as "Just wait until your father comes home!"
10) They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Many of these children have been diagnosed with ADHD and ADD, since they have excessive amounts of energy, bore easily, have a short attention span and cannot sit still unless absorbed in something of their own interest. Many will be labelled as hyperactive trouble-makers who won't listen.

"Indigos came to serve the planet, their parents, and their friends as emissaries from Heaven - bearers of wisdom, if listened to."

They appear to stay happy, are very spiritual, and have their own agenda.

They demand much attention and can't figure out why others operate in anything other than love.

The advice given is to treat Indigos with respect, help them create their own disciplinary solutions and give them choices about everything. " ... if you give them authoritative, dictatorial orders without good, solid reasons, these kids will take you apart:"

Indigos are open and honest - this is their greatest strength.

There are sections written by various persons who themselves are parents of Indigo children and have thus special insight into them.

We are advised not to medicate these children with Ritalin since it is obviously harmful, in that it causes biochemical imbalances.

Instead, we could give the children a dietary supplement called Smart Start, which contains chelated minerals, antioxidant vitamins and "botanicals" (whatever these are, presumably something derived from plants). Many parents have found that this supplement helps tremendously. Other useful supplements are also recommended, particularly blue-green algae from Klamath Lake (before reading this book I had actually just ordered this supplement for myself to help me with detoxing).

To sum up, I found this to be an important book in the understanding of these Indigo children, particularly since I have a grandchild who seems to be one. It provides helpful information and advice on how best to tackle them, and I would recommend it both to those with children with ADHD or ADD symptoms, or those who suspect their kids to be Indigos. (However, it is pointed out that not all Indigos have ADHD or ADD, and all those with these symptoms are not Indigos.)

The Silva Mind Control Method
The Silva Mind Control Method
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.00
121 used & new from $1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars This book gives you the information you need to create the life you want and heal yourself and others, November 3, 2014
This was José Silva's first book on the Silva Mind method. It is what I would call a "must-read". Learning this method should be made obligatory in all schools and be offered to children at an early age.

José Silva learnt all that he presents in his Mind Control method in the course of working with his own children, years ago, to enable them to do well in school. When he experimented with mental training exercises, the children's school marks quickly began to improve, and, amazingly, they began to answer his questions before he had asked them - they had become clairvoyant!

In this book, José begins by teaching us how to meditate, to reach Alpha, the state in which our brain waves vibrate at between 7 and 14 cycles per second. We create a mental screen on which we can visualize/imagine our goals, and project the bodies of the subjects we wish to heal, including ourselves.

When imagining what we want, we need to desire that the event take place, believe that it will take place and expect it to take place.

When we work in Alpha, we are in touch with Higher Intelligence and can only create good things. If, for example, we should try to give someone a headache, we are the ones that would get the headache, and/or we would snap out of Alpha.

We hear how José once won 10,000 dollars after receiving a set of lottery numbers in a dream, and we learn how we ourselves can programme for dreams to solve specific problems - though he doesn't promise that we will win the lottery!

There's a chapter about using our mind to improve our health, and we learn, specifically, how to get rid of headaches.

We're informed about what I regard as the most exciting part of Silva, the method we now apparently are taught in the Silva Intuition Course, where we tune into unknown people, spot whatever problems they may have, and correct these problems.

I learnt the Silva Method many years ago and had much success with it, but now I've taken a refresher course. Though much practice is necessary, I've had a few successes. For example, I tuned into a woman, saw that she had something crooked in her spine, and then immediately after saw the spine straighten out and correct itself. I learnt later that she had had back pains for many years, so I trust the problem has now been corrected. When we see these things clairvoyantly, and very clearly, we are in no doubt that what we see is real.

One method of healing we learn in the book is as follows:

1) Go to your meditative level and project the person onto your mental screen with whatever ailment is troubling him.
2) Place another image on the screen to the left, showing something being done to correct the problem (or correcting the problem yourself).
3) Now project onto the screen - still further left - a vivid image of the person in perfect health, filled with energy and optimism. By visualizing with conviction in Alpha and Theta you are causing. Visualize the results you want as being already achieved.
Even persons addicted to hard drugs such as heroin and cocaine can be healed through the Silva method. I myself easily got rid of the smoking habit many years ago through a Silva technique - I programmed for 30 days that I would stop on a certain date, and when the day came I simply stopped from one day to the next, and never smoked again - in fact I could not.

Although this books is from 1978, it is just as inspiring and useful now as back then. You are taught how to tackle all varieties of problems in yourself and others.

I firmly recommend that everyone read this basic book on the Silva method, and perhaps also some of the others. Even better, you could participate in one of the Silva courses available throughout the world, as I understand.

The Silva Mind Control Method for Business Managers
The Silva Mind Control Method for Business Managers
32 used & new from $0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Special Silva Mind techniques pertinent to business managers, October 25, 2014
My edition of this book is from 1986, but it is still relevant today. It contains special, detailed information pertinent to business managers. Although I am not one, I still found it relevant.

In the Silva Method we learn how to activate the right hemisphere of our brain by going to Alpha, where our brain waves pulsate at between 7 and 14 cycles per second. When we are in this state it is easier to programme for what we want in life with good effect.

We learn how to use subjective communication with those with whom we are having difficulties. This form of communication is also done in Alpha, and is much more effective than objective communication (which is ordinary verbal communication).

We go to our alpha level at night and programme to awake at the best time to programme for this problem person. When we wake up automatically, we go to our level again and imagine we are talking to him about the problem in a kind and loving way. We also move the picture slightly to the left and see the person drinking whatever he usually drinks. You programme him to activate the new, desired behaviour with every sip he takes,

We learn various techniques to effectivize our programming with our co-workers,

We must have both desire, expectation and belief if our programming is to work. This is the basic concept.

We can prepare for a successful meeting with an important person by, for example, in Alpha, visualizing an expert, who will act as a consultant, by our side. We talk to the important person and present our concepts and ideas to him/her. We should consult with the expert if we are in doubt as to which points to cover. Ask, and ideas will come to us. Present these to the important person mentally. See him/her reacting favourably and positively to our presentation. He or she is receptive, understands the points we are covering, and accepts the proposal.

The right hemisphere is our connection to the non-physical plane. This is the realm of Higher Intelligence. The “expert” is symbolic of this greater intelligence to which we have access.

The two main principles behind successful subjective communication are 1) Communicate at Alpha 2) Communicate as if you and the recipient were one. We are part of an intelligence continuum that permeates the universe. We are all one. José knew this, even back then. When using subjective communication, avoid polarity. Avoid statements that put down or criticize. Communicate what is right, rather than who is right. Be truthful, be fair, be aboveboard.

I found this book to be more advanced and complicated than José’s other books on the Silva Method, with many specific techniques and procedures suitable for use in a business with its own form of problems and potential difficulties. The programming we learn must always be beneficial for all concerned. If not, it will not work.

It will be extremely useful for the business manager, who will by means of these techniques be able to communicate effectively with all his co-workers and business partners/contacts in a positive and helpful way, including changing to new, more acceptable, forms of behaviour.

The book explains all the basic Silva techniques, but it may advisable to begin with a couple of the more basic books, such as “The Silva Mind Control method”, or “How to get help from your other side”.

I thoroughly recommend this book to all business managers or the like.

The Silva Mind Control Method for Getting Help from Your Other Side
The Silva Mind Control Method for Getting Help from Your Other Side
31 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing account of the Silva Mind Method for creating the life you desire, October 13, 2014
The Silva Method is the famous transformational method, whereby we learn to go to a deep meditational state, Alpha, thereby activating the right side of our brain, and by means of visualization/our imagination create the life we desire.

The best, of course, is to take a Silva course, or courses, but I found this book to be extremely readable and helpful.

I took many courses, and read the books, many moons ago. On re-reading this book, I see how the late José Silva was a man way ahead of his time, and in fact a highly developed being and a genius.

José terms this help from the other side, or from God, our “invisible means of support”.

Even back then he knew that the present age is “a period of awakening, of expanded consciousness”. José’s research, courses and books have enabled many millions of people throughout the world to expand their consciousness.

“The Silva Method is a way of relaxing the body and the mind and then using the slowed-down brain-wave frequency and the stepped-up right brain activity to produce some positive result.”

Picturing mentally, that is, using visualization and imagination, is a right-brain activity, and the right brain is “connected” to the other side. José tells us that our mental computer is then connected to a larger computer, and our need is heard, and then filled.

We learn how to count ourselves down into the Alpha state, where our brain waves vibrate between 7 and 14 cycles per second, and are given a series of exercises, whereby we gradually learn to do more and more mental programming.

We are taught to cancel out worry and replace it with positive, solution-oriented thinking. We learn how to programme for dreams that can help us find solutions to our problems.

We pick two counsellors, one male and one female, whom we can consult when engaged in our healing work. These counsellors are in contact with what José terms “Higher Intelligence”, and can answer all our questions. We heal both ourselves and others.

José also teaches us how to programme ourselves to obtain a deeper state of awareness by merely putting the thumb and first two fingers together (the Three Fingers Technique), so we can immediately access Alpha in a waking, Beta, state, when we need to solve pressing problems here and now.

I remember once, years ago, when hurrying from the train and having only a few minutes in which to catch a bus, I had at the same time to buy something necessary from the station kiosk. I came running towards the kiosk, saw there was a long queue there, and placed my fingers in the required position, repeating mentally “Let the queue spread, so I get to be first”. (I know it sounds selfish, but I really needed to buy the item and at the same time catch the bus.) Suddenly, those in the queue seemed to lose focus, some left it, some apparently decided they needed to buy something more and went to get it, and others just turned away slightly. I ran in, and was served first. This technique is really wonderfully helpful, when you’re in a rush or a critical situation.

The book contains chapters on solving people problems, health problems, money problems and complicated problems.

We are taught the invaluable tool of using subjective communication. This is communication between yourself and another party when in Alpha. You relax and imagine you see the person and hold a conversation with him/her in a loving way that suggests a solution to some mutual problem. This communication goes via the sender’s superconscious mind to the receiver’s conscious mind.

I have used subjective communication many times with success, and have also used it successfully when wanting a loan from my bank, which had previously been denied me (even though this was not a “mutual problem”),

You can use subjective communication with your spouse, children, parents, in-laws, employer, fellow workers, law enforcers or friends. Remember to communicate in a loving way.

We learn an important technique called the Glass of Water Technique, which can be used mostly for people problems.

What I have here presented are some of the basic precepts and techniques dealt with in the book. But it contains much, much more than these.

I highly recommend that you read the book, which is clearly and simply written and very readable. José includes several fascinating success stories from his own life and experience, and it is thus in no way a dull book.

Ultimate Journey
Ultimate Journey
by Robert A. Monroe
Price: $13.79
100 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, exciting, informative book!, October 8, 2014
This review is from: Ultimate Journey (Paperback)
All three of Monroe’s books are unique and amazing. To my knowledge, he was the first to explore OBEs at length and to report about them.

This is Monroe’s third book. The only problem I have with it is his prevalent use of acronyms without always letting us know what they stand for, or not at first.

He tells us about his INSPEC (Intelligent Species) friend, whom he generally met with past the H Band noise. This is “the peak of uncontrolled thought that emanates from all living forms on Earth, particularly humans”. It is M’s opinion that this Noise contains not only “current time thought patterns, but all that ever existed”. Passing through it quickly is advisable.

M wonders who his INSPEC friend really is. He has a strong light around him. Is he an ET? He reads M’s thoughts, and replies that he is not an ET as M means it. M describes him as a “brightly glowing figure that some … would interpret as a god, an angel”. He is told that he doesn’t have the experience to understand who he is. M just needs to ask and help will come. He is not from another planet and is not God.

M then receives from the being a “surge of enormous energy, an immensely powerful vibration of very high frequency”. He terms this a ROTE, short for Related Organized Thought Energy, a sort of “ball of condensed thought and ideas”.

The INSPEC tells Monroe that though his (M’s) goal now is service to humanity, when he is no longer human, his desire will focus in another direction. M finds a new goal – to go and be in what he construes as Home.

After meeting with the INSPEC again, he is allowed to return Home; there he experiences “many-hued cloud towers” – music – a thousand instruments, thousands of voices. He finds patterns in a repeating loop, everything exactly the same – nothing new, nothing different. He sees curls of energy playing games, joins in, but tires of it. He doesn’t want to be “around in the same clouds forever, with the same music over and over”. He realizes there’s nothing there for him now. That’s why he left and now he doesn’t want to come back. He returns depressed.

INSPEC then takes him to an era on Earth where human organization is different. There are about 2 million people there. He is told that it is a place of the past, about a million years ago. The people do not wear clothes, but it is not a primitive society. They communicate by telepathy and control the weather. There is no conflict, and the people don’t die.

He asks the INSPEC if he could be shown one non-physical non-human intelligence which he can easily talk to. INSPEC then guides him to one – he flies out past the moon and sees an extremely large flying saucer. Out of this steps a short, chubby man who absolutely resembles W.C. Fields! This “hologram” invites M aboard the vessel. He apparently is not Fields nor a human. He explains that he is an “exporter”, who gathers jokes, which his civilization apparently needs. (This all seems very strange to me, but that is what the being explained.)

Then M asks to visit “the most mature and evolved human in physical earth, living in his time reference”. Suddenly he is in a room with a being whose sex he cannot determine and whom he thus refers to as a “Heshe”. The being’s radiation of light is astounding – it is like “standing in bright spring sunlight that was filled with every human emotion that ever existed”. Heshe has only lived the one lifetime – one continuous lifetime for 1800 years. M feels he has met the being previously. He gave up eating and sleeping years ago. Heshe calls M “Ashaneen”.

This will give you an impression of the sort of information contained in this amazing book.

The book gets more and more interesting, better and better.

I highly recommend that you read this exciting, instructive, well-written book. It states on the cover that Elisabeth Kübler-Ross found it to be the best of M’s books. This may well be so, but I found them all thrilling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20