Profile for sew awesome > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sew awesome RSS Feed (SD, Cali)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tree-Free Greetings sg24769 Lions College Basketball Sip 'N Go Stainless Steel Lined Travel Tumbler, 16 Ounce
Price: $3.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh., January 15, 2015
Great price, but poor quality. Image is just a piece of thick cardstock with a Very Poor crop job - - letters are cut off where the wrap overlaps. I don't expect the quality to last very long, but if you need a cheap cup for a gift or whatever, it works just fine.

Mister Zoo: The Life and Legacy of Dr. Charles Schroeder
Mister Zoo: The Life and Legacy of Dr. Charles Schroeder
by Lynda Rutledge Stephenson
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, January 15, 2015
Not quite through with this book, but am absolutely loving it so far. A great read for anyone interested not just in the San Diego Zoo, but in animals and conservation as a whole. Also, very fast shipping and quality just as described. Thanks!

Pur Gum, Pomegranate Mint, 2.82-Ounce
Pur Gum, Pomegranate Mint, 2.82-Ounce
Price: $6.51
12 used & new from $3.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Uh, Gross!, January 2, 2015
Aspartame give my boyfriend and I migraines.
We normally chew fruit flavored spry - but when I saw this offered as an add-on item, we decided to give it a try.

I have no idea why the reviews are as good as they are. I can't describe the flavor of this gum...it just tastes weird and gross and fake. Maybe it tastes like Diet soda? Too much fake flavoring? I don't know...just nasty.

If you are looking for a new gum because Spry loses its flavor quickly, this is not any different. The only difference is that with Spry, you are disappointed when it loses the flavor - with Pur, you can't get the flavor out of your mouth fast enough!!!

Dorco - Pace 6 Blade Disposable for Women SXA300 3B:
Dorco - Pace 6 Blade Disposable for Women SXA300 3B:
Offered by Just Get It!
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars PRIVATE LABEL. Worst shave EVER. Kmart sells the same..., December 8, 2014
Just bought my first Dorco kit - the December Frugal Gal. I opened these disposable 6 blade razors first. my legs felt scratched, dry and itchy before I even turned the shower off! When I got out, I looked at the package again. Nowhere does it say this product is made by Dorco. It is made by Pace. Google Pace razors and you will see they make Private Brand razors! These aren't Dorco at all! These are LITERALLY equal to Kmart store brand razors!!! I feel completely ripped off. Maybe the rest of the kit will be nice..the "actual" Dorco razors, but these just caused chaffing!

Catit Scratcher with Catnip, Narrow
Catit Scratcher with Catnip, Narrow
Price: $2.29
7 used & new from $2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy cat., October 20, 2014
Price was awesome as an add-on item...can't beat it! Cat likes it, what else can I say?!

Oggi Perforated Stainless Steel Colander with Soft-Grip Handles, 10-Inch
Oggi Perforated Stainless Steel Colander with Soft-Grip Handles, 10-Inch
Price: $12.85
6 used & new from $9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, October 20, 2014
I always get steam burns from colanders with the small side handles, so this is exactly what I needed. I chose it based on the good reviews...and the metal reminded me of one my grandmother had when I was a child. No crummy plastic or silicone that falls apart after a few cycles through the dishwasher! So far it is holding up well - no signs of rust or dents. It is a pretty study thing and washes easily. Happy with my purchase thus far.

TYR Racetech Performance Metallized Goggle (Silver/Black)
TYR Racetech Performance Metallized Goggle (Silver/Black)
Price: $14.48
9 used & new from $7.50

2.0 out of 5 stars I Could Cry TYRs of Disappointment...., May 2, 2014
Cheaper. Flimsier. Poor Quality. Not Comfortable.

These used to be my favorite goggles, but now the quality sucks. I hate the new strap. The gaskets look like they could split just looking at them the wrong way...

Like most products these days, quality down and price up.

What happened to my favorite goggles?! They ruined them...

Black Stretchy Finger Sleeve Protector 10 Pcs
Black Stretchy Finger Sleeve Protector 10 Pcs
Offered by smartshoponline
Price: $1.91
25 used & new from $1.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Narrow Fingers, May 2, 2014
These are really made for man-hands.

If you want these for your kid, or for slender fingers, they aren't going to be effective for you.

Honest to goodness, all they are is black elastic with stitching on one side. If you have small fingers and a sewing machine, just make some!
be I th
I bought these to try to cut down on the pain I occasionally get from hyper-mobility syndrome (i'm double jointed!). It does help my middle finger a bit, as it is the widest of my fingers, but works even better when I double up with these for more support.

I am going to attempt making them myself...and if I put some fray-check or clear nail polish on the ends to prevent the elastic from fraying, mine will be better quality than these!

If you are a dude or a thicker-fingered girl, I think these will work great for you, so try them out!

Yellow Night Vision Retro Polarized Clip-on Flip-up AVIATOR Plastic Sunglasses Driving
Offered by Besgoods
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $8.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., May 2, 2014
I have naturally ginormous pupils...this makes me have an especially hard time with night driving. While I try to avoid night driving altogether like an 80 year old woman (no offense to the older crowd), I usually wear sunglasses when I absolutely have to get somewhere alone. I am not entirely sure that is legal...even if it is much easier for people like me.

While these yellow glasses do cut down on that crazy blinding light, they aren't as effective as sunglasses.

While I might make an effort to wear the yellow lenses over sunglasses, this clip-on thing just doesn't cut it. I mean, I could have made a smaller clip using an extra large binder clip or a massive pile of duct tape.....this thing is so large, your eyes get crossed when wearing them! You can't look straight when your eyes are naturally focused on this big ol' honking thing clipped to your glasses!!! WHY is the clip SO BIG?!!

If you do wear prescription glasses and want to try the yellow lenses, I recommend getting a pair of the aviator style glasses with the yellow that I saw amazon when I ordered this dumb thing. I think just wearing them over your Rx would be much more effective than this giant clip-on nonsense.

I give it 2 stars only because it DOES cut down a BIT on the blinding light.

Old Spice High Endurance, Original Scent Men's Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant 3 Oz (Pack of 6)
Price: $16.14
34 used & new from $13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal!, May 2, 2014
This specific Old Spice is hard to find in stores near me. I think Food 4 Less and Ralphs (same company) are the only places I can find it anymore...and if it isn't on sale, the price is about $4.50 each! I rarely shop those two stores as they aren't real close to me, so it requires a special trip out...not to mention that my boyfriend often forgets to tell me he is running out - he tells me when he IS out!!

Not only is this 6-pack cheaper than the every day price, but I chose to Subscribe & Save - - no more running out on last minute deodorant errands!

THANK YOU AMAZON!!! You made my life simpler!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3