Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for J. M. Taylor > Reviews

Browse

J. M. Taylor's Profile

Customer Reviews: 197

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. M. Taylor RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Coaster 3 Piece Dining Set Cappuccino
Coaster 3 Piece Dining Set Cappuccino
Price: $160.00
14 used & new from $158.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A good low-cost option if limited on space., February 10, 2016
This bistro set is fine as a low-cost option. My house is small with no dining room; I only have a breakfast nook. By folding one of the leafs in, the table and chairs work for my space. The leafs are stable when they are extended. You need to put this set together which isn't difficult, just awkward to deal with. Once assembled, the table and chairs are pretty solid, though I recommend re-tightening the screws after its been used a bit to get everything nice and snug. All three pieces of furniture are of an adequate height for my six-foot, 200 pound frame. The chairs are straight-backed, and the cushions are pretty firm (read: thin with little stuffing). You get what you pay for. The finish is 'espresso' and already has a few chips in it from shipping. The other issue I've had is that the chairs have dowels on the underside of the cushions which are hammered into the frame and aid in supporting the cushion. They refuse to stay in. The seat is still usable, but you may want to consider gluing them into the frame if it bugs you.

It's a decent low-cost option for people with limited space.

Slipstick CB511 2" Furniture Gripper Foot Floor Protector 1" Riser (set of 4) Black
Price: $7.32
7 used & new from $7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid choice for raising furniture on wood flooring, February 10, 2016
I bought these to raise up my ottoman so that my http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Roomba-Vacuum-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B013E9L4ZS/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0W132ATC4EA4MN0H5GVP could clean underneath. They worked fine; I just drilled them to the bottoms of the existing legs. The legs are black already, so they aren't noticeable unless you look for them. They don't mar the floor either.

iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Price: $899.99
26 used & new from $742.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A lengthy comparison of three robot vacuum models (And my I like the Roomba 980 the best), January 26, 2016
This review will be lengthy. I'll compare this 980 with the Roomba 870 owned by my parents and my Neato Botvac D85. These opinions are strictly my own based on approximately one month of using these robot vacs in a variety of situations. If you dislike my opinion, that's cool. If you feel directly insulted that my opinion doesn't match yours, then you are a delicate flower who should likely stay off the internet. So buckle up!

To start, here is the TL, DR version of my review: The Roomba 980 is a huge leap ahead for Roombas, with navigation abilities far surpassing the previous generation (870/880).

The really REALLY short version: I think it's spiffy.

Now for the real thing:

I purchased the iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies on sale at a local store, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I live in a small ranch home (836 sq ft) with 100% hardwood floors and the messiest geriatric cat you've ever seen. While the 870 sports a new set of "extractors" (essentially rubbery rollers that replace the old-style bristled beater brushes and are designed to prevent tangles), I could never be sure it cleaned well. It uses some combination of algorithms based on how it bumps into furniture and walls, it's infrared sensors, and some form of alchemy known only to iRobot and possibly Gandalf the White. While the extractors and suction power do a great job of cleaning both wood floors and carpet (my parents have a Chihuahua, and I trialed it at their place), the semi-random wandering of the 870 seemed to be most effective when left in a small room with the door closed as opposed to wandering my entire house which was my preference for it's use. As such, I gave my parents the 870 (they love it, BTW; they toss it into a room, hit 'Clean' and close the door), and explored another popular option.

The Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies. This robot is fascinating to me. Neato is a newer brand, approximately ten years younger than the Boston-based iRobot. Regardless, their approach to a robot vacuum is quite different. The D80 is literally shaped like a capital 'D'. The flat part of the body allows it to get right up against a wall straight on. It also has a side brush, but like all the robot vacuums I'll mention, corners aren't it's strong suit. It DOES, however, get much closer to the wall than the Roombas do. The dust bin is larger, and easier to remove from the body, although removing the filter to empty it can be messy. It has a combo bristle and silicone blade brush that runs nearly the length of the flat portion of its body, making it fairly efficient. I also found it to be quieter than either Roomba. It cleaned well on hardwood, but I didn't test it on carpet so you've got me there. Unlike the Roomba 870's bounce and go navigation, the Neato has a low powered spinning laser turret (doesn't that sound cool? Laser turret. Like something out of Star Wars!) which spins constantly reading the surroundings. This means that it can also work in total darkness which might be of value to some. It also has an interesting trick to get out of sticky situations: both of its main drive wheels are able to extend upwards and almost 'bunny hop' to get free. It's kind of interesting to see, and is often effective. Because of it's laser turret (sweet!) It is able to clean my entire floor plan in one go and dock itself 90% of the time. It is impressive and cheaper than most Roombas.

The downsides of the Neato are few, but important. The first is lousy customer service. I contacted them several times by email, phone, and online chat and got nothing. Whenever I contact iRobot, I get a prompt replay that is to the point and polite. You can tell iRobot has been in the retail game longer than Neato. The other issue involves Neato's longevity. Mine has been fine, but many on internet forums, review sites (Amazon) have mentioned software error codes, stuck turrets, batteries that won't hold a charge after only a few months. I only toss that out there so you can keep it in the back of your head, and maybe get some form of warranty through Square trade. It also will eat more cords than either Roomba, and tends to want to crawl up furniture where the legs gently slope upwards (it has gotten fresh with my coat rack on many occasions due to this issue). All bots need to have cords, shoe laces, and other common sense items placed out of their way to get around without incident, but I feel that the D85 needs more hand holding than the Roombas. It seems to get itself hung up on objects more easily, and is not able to extricate itself all the time without human intervention. I feel more confident letting the Roombas 980 clean when I'm not home than the Neato. So far it has been much more independent, and I'd always back on its cradle when I come home from work (it's app tells me it ran, for how long, and how many square feet it did, so I know it actually cleaned as opposed to not moving).

Finally, the aforementioned Roomba 980

I like this thing the best. It has impressed me the most of the three. The cleaning ability and suction is top notch. It is a much more solid device than the Neato (in terms of pure weight and feel). The new navigation combines a low resolution camera mounted on top at a 45 degree angle as well as a smaller sensor on the bottom that acts a bit like an optical mouse. My 980 cleans every room in my house on the one level quite well. Cat litter, lint, and God knows what else gets picked up beautifully. It has a more advanced Lithium ion battery, which the others lack. The app that you can download for iOS or Android is quite thorough. In fact most of your controls for the 980 will be through the app via a phone or tablet (which might not be of interest to you). The ability the app gives to tweak the settings on the machine is great. I won't go into much detail on them since this comparison review is crazy long already, but for a first time attempt at an app, iRobot did great. And it just updated for me today so I know they want to keep the user experience positive. For the app to work, the 980 needs WiFi (since the app works through your WiFi network). It also means that the 980 can potentially receive firmware updates that could improve it's performance (in theory). If this is utilized by iRobot, the 980 would be a bit more 'future proofed' than other offerings. The 980 has a carpet sensing mode where when it rolls over carpet from bare floor, it increases the suction power until it leaves the carpet (or in my case, rug). This sounds gimmicky, but the flippin' thing works every time. It's much louder in the carpet mode, but as the English say 'it does what it says on the tin'. Via the app, you can turn this option on or off, keep the higher power on all the time, or keep it on it's normal power all the time (normal has been sufficient for me). The app allows another feature if you wish: a double clean. Instead of just one go through your house, it will do a second in a criss-cross pattern so it can be extra thorough. It basically gives your Roomba OCD.

Nothing is perfect of course. Even in its normal mode, the 980 is noisier than the Neato, I feel. And compared to the Neato, all Roombas have a smaller cleaning path. As it navigates, it compensates for this, so it hasn't been an issue. It also tends to run into dark furniture harder than I'd like. When it approaches my white baseboards, it slows up, gives it a little love tap, then moves on. My black furniture, however, gets smacked a bit harder, although it hasn't left a mark (yet). Another problem, compared to Neato, is that it won't navigate in total darkness. Low light levels are fine (I've had it going in some very dim rooms with no problems), but there needs to be something for the camera to pick up on. The very last issue with the Roomba 980? Price. Seriously, a robot vacuum is already a First World luxury, but just shy of a grand? Wowsers. Sometimes I'm surprised I shelled out for it.

But for what it is, it's great. Any of these three devices would serve you well, but for me the 980 is everything I want, and I've yet to be disappointed with it.

I hope this comparison was of some value to you, and frankly, if you read this far I'm impressed! Your attention span far surpasses mine!

Cheers!

**Update**
I took the Neato Botvac to my parents' house on a visit. They have carpeted floors and a long-haired dog who sheds like crazy. The Roombas 980 did well, but the Neato Botvac was an absolute BEAST! The comb brush was super effective, and the bin was stuffed with dog hair. Just thought I'd update in the interest of fairness.

iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
Offered by X Tech
Price: $599.98
26 used & new from $449.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo Review: Roomba 870 vs Neato D85, December 25, 2015
I was undecided between the Neato Botvac D85 and this Roomba 870, and had played with both for about a week prior to returning the Neato. I won't bash the Neato; in fact it was a close call since both are impressive robots AND vacuum cleaners. Ultimately I chose the Roomba based on three criteria:

1. Ability to clean. Both bots can clean, and in all actuality, the Roomba only pulled out slightly ahead of the Neato in terms of my non-scientific tests involving Chex cereal and sugar tossed on the floor. (The Roomba's name is Optimus Grime, by the way. I read someplace that 70% of robot vacuum owners name their robots. Odd.). Anyway, it seems that the smaller the space, the more Roomba's somewhat random method of traversing that space results in thoroughness and multiple passes. It isn't entirely random; while watching it clean it is clear in some cases that there is method to its madness. I'm still constantly impressed by how much it picks up. In terms of pure navigation, the Neato is more logical: it fires up out of the gate, spins its laser turret and maps the room. In most cases, its movements were very precise while threading around furniture. But it often only did one pass. If it didn't get something the first time, well, meh. Both were great at my typical messes: cat fur, litter scattered everyplace, and dust bunnies. I do like how the exhaust from the Roomba pointed slightly upwards so as not to accidentally scatter debris around that it hasn't collected yet.

2. Perceived robustness. iRobot has been making robots since 2002. It also dabbles in military and police grade robots aside from making cute vacuums and autonomous pool cleaners. It is my understanding (I didn't check up on it) that Neato is a newer company. And one that apparently has some kinks to work out. Neither machine is perfect, but informal Google searches show that Roomba owners have been generally using their robots for years only needing standard maintenance. Neato owners have complained about glitchy software and flimsy plastic parts. The week I had my D85, I received the infamous 'Please clear my path" error. There was nothing in it's way at all. It also got fixated on a corner of my kitchen and just sort of spun around. These things are pricey, and although they ship with manufacturers' warranties, I'd prefer to let the product work as advertised and not hassling the company for technical assistance. Which leads me to:

3. Customer service. Every single email or live chat I've had with iRobot customer service has resulted in a prompt reply that wasn't some boilerplate message. I was concerned that my Roomba was running into my black furniture fairly hard (it has a tough time 'seeing' black) and contacted customer service to see if that was normal. Although it was, they shipped me out a free set of bumper extenders that I can place on the Roomba. Perfect solution? Nope, but they tried and I'm sure the bumpers will help stave off potential damage. Now, the three times I contacted Neato, I got nothing. Zip. Tumbleweeds were rolling across my screen. I need to know that a company that is selling a complex and expensive product will be their to help with issues.

In conclusion, Both devices have their merits and downfalls, but NEITHER is incompetent as a robot or a vacuum. They both have different means as to how they go about their duties. I really had to take time and think about which would stay home and which would be returned. I'm happy with my Optimus Grime, but I'm sure either device would be helpful in your home

Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Price: $99.00
6 used & new from $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars but it was annoying getting it out all the time for what is ..., December 4, 2015
I'll be brief.
I basically got this to keep in the room where my cat's litter box is. I have a full size vacuum, but it was annoying getting it out all the time for what is essentially a small but frequent job. I looked at a bunch of 'stick vac' reviews but settled on this one. My house is mostly hardwood floors, and is small (836 square feet). Here's what I found:

The vacuum had remarkably good suction initially. Even without engaging the beater brush, it could pick up stray litter, fur balls, dust and the odd spider without issue (the spiders took issue, but screw 'em).

The LED headlight is amazing. Seriously. Even in daylight, the light is angled and bright enough where you can see debris otherwise invisible to the naked eye.

Assembly is easy. Put the handle on, put one screw through the accessory holder and handle, and tighten said screw. Done.

I had no issues with the wheels or brush scratching my floors. The swivel head worked very well; with a twist of my wrist I could direct the vacuum around corners and into tight spaces. Some claim it is unwieldy, but I thought it worked great.

The hand vac mode was super handy for cleaning out your car and whatnot.

It's cordless, so it was quick to pick up, use, then put away if I was in a hurry.

The downside: it's cordless. Sure its Lithium ion, but the battery and charger I received took nine hours to charge fully, and yielded about twenty minutes of use. My house is small, but I would have liked more juice per charge.

The dust cup is small, and needs emptying often. You can't empty it completely since there are lots of crevices molded into the plastic where junk gets trapped.

The filter in the dust cup is exposed, so almost immediately fine grit and dust clog it, lowering suction power. The foam filter has to be cleaned every 4-6 uses, and left to dry for 24 hours. You could buy two, I guess.

The pros outweigh the cons, but I still returned it. It was convienient, but for the price paid I was hoping for more battery longevity and no suction loss. Honestly, it's a great device. I just think it could be better.

I think I said I was going to be brief. I lied. My apologies.

Iron Man T Shirt Funny Chemistry Shirt Periodic Table Element Elemental Geeky Fe
Offered by shop4yoo-US
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun shirt of good quality, July 29, 2015
Clever shirt, and the material feels like its high quality and denser than the shirts you find at the big box stores locally. It's washed well and hasn't shrunk on me. The red and yellow are nice and bright. Cool buy - I've gotten lots of compliments on it the few times I've worn it out and about.

Cole & Mason Button Salt and Pepper Mill Set
Cole & Mason Button Salt and Pepper Mill Set
Offered by Kitchen Essentials
Price: $24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small and comes apart with use, July 29, 2015
I bought these on a whim. In person, it is impressive how tiny they are. I don't have huge bear paws for hands, but trying to grind with these was uncomfortable and awkward. The pepper mill lid would also work its way loose as I was using the mill no matter how tight I turned the knob on top. This, of course, makes dialing in the coarseness of the pepper kind of useless. They look kind of neat, but they hold so little spice and are difficult to use, I say pass on them.

Sony Xperia Z3v, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
Sony Xperia Z3v, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
10 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing , Little-Known Phone That Only Suffers from Lack of Accessories!, May 25, 2015
My smartphone background is this: iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, and a Note 4 for only a few days. And then I picked up the Xperia.
I won't bore you with details about how and why I bounced from Apple to Android; it doesn't matter. I was due for an upgrade on my S4, and despite it being a pretty good phone, I wanted something else. Due to an incorrect label at a local store, I got a great deal on a Note 4. It's a fine phone, approximately the size of your neighborhood IMAX screen. And it came with the same bloated Touch Wiz UI that I had grown tired of with the S4. And the stylus? Forget it. It was a fun novelty but, I had no need for such a thing. So back it went for the Xperia.

And I'm ridiculously happy I got it!

The 5.2inch display is beautiful with great viewing angles, and sharp colors. The camera is fantastic - nobody talks about it! It's quick to load and snap off pictures. It has a fantastic auto mode, but lots of interesting other modes (The AR function is a fun diversion - I spent fifteen minutes lobbing 3D suction cup arrows at my cat. That says more about me than I'd like it to). A genius idea on Sony's part was to place a hardware button on the lower right side that is dedicated to launching the camera in landscape mode. You hold it down for a hair over a second to launch it so it doesn't fire up accidentally. Another reviewer called this a camera that happens to be a smartphone. That's very apt.

The phone is currently running KitKat 4.4.4 but I just got a bunch of downloads that optimize it for Lollipop whenever that drops. The phone is very fast to operate and to boot. I think that Sony does include some unnecessary bloatware, but its not to the point of Touch Wiz and can be easily disabled. Verizon is also a culprit here, as they dump tons of junk on all of their smartphones. The Sony UI (I don't know if it has a name) is still clean and uncluttered. It's very responsive and easy to navigate. They have 'sub-widgets' which is interesting. When you press the button that shows all your open apps, there is a small area with four tiny widgets. By default, they are a timer, a calculator, screen capture and internet browser window. They are tucked away in there, but its nice to have them and they don't take up home screen real estate.

This Xperia has two front facing stereo speakers. They're kind of tough to see both in pictures of the phone and in real life. Like the HTC One M9, they are great to have. They sound nice and loud, and have good clarity, but not much lower end (as to be expected). A huge step up from the little speakers mounted on the back of phones. More manufacturers should follow this speaker placement design. You have access to an equalizer for the songs, as well as HighRez play back which bumps the clarity of your downloaded music.

The phone itself is a glass-encased monolith. It is large, but not Note 4 large. It is, of course, waterproof in 5 feet of fresh water for 30 minutes as long as all of the little port flaps are closed. The flaps for the micro USB port for charging can get annoying after awhile, but the Xperia supports Qi wireless charging out of the box, which helps negate that. This wireless charging even works with a case on the phone (I have an OtterBox Defender, and despite its bulk, I'm able to charge overnight just fine without removing the phone. You will need to purchase a Qi wireless charging pad separately, but there are lots of designs for fairly low prices available on Amazon. For sheer convenience, a wireless charger is totally worth it.

The battery life has been great on this phone. I'm not a huge gamer, but I check Facebook and Instagram regularly, text, check email and surf the interwebs. The battery is a Li-ion 3200 mAH, which is bigger than my S4 and creeps up on the Note 4. Unfortunately, the battery is NOT removable like it is with the Note 4. There is a Stamina mode and Ultra Stamina mode that help you eek out more battery life. You also get a clock that shows you approximately how much time you have left on that charge.

Speaking of cases, you'll want one. That beautiful glass body likely won't hold up to a drop. Unfortunately, there are not many cases made just for the Z3v (cases made for the Z3 model will NOT fit the Z3v, so double check before buying it!). My Otterbox protects the phone well, but literally doubles the thickness of the phone, negating it's slim, sexy dimensions.

There are plenty of review sites that will give you specs and a more professional breakdown of the pros and cons of the Xperia Z3v, so my review is pretty casual. This is a phenomenal, competitive, and desirable phone that can stand up to the Apples and Samsungs out there. Why Sony, and to a lesser extent Verizon, haven't aggressively advertised this device is beyond me. This phone suffers from not being promoted adequately. Which is a shame, because so far its easily the best, most refined smartphone that I've owned.

The Babadook
The Babadook
DVD
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lackluster as a Monster Movie, Disturbing if a Metaphor for Unchecked Psychosis, February 9, 2015
This review is from: The Babadook (Amazon Video)
I just finished watching this a half hour ago after hearing about how 'groundbreaking' it was. I usually don't write reviews on movies because they are so subjective regarding what is 'good' and what is 'bad'. For example, my friend loves Adam Sandler movies whereas I want to punch him in the face whenever he is on screen. See? Subjective.

Here's my spoiler-free review of The Babadook. It was advertised as a horror movie or monster flick, with the trailer giving me the impression this is a 'mom versus creature as she tries to keep the son safe'-style outing. This was not entirely the case. Another reviewer stated that they interpreted it as more about psychosis or mental illness, and frankly that seems more plausible upon reflection. The Babadook seemed to me to be more of a symptom or manifestation of a severe psychotic break that the mother was suffering from do to events that transpired years before the movie took place.

As a movie exploring severe mental illness with it's 'flare ups' and recessions, I think it was actually quite effective. Disturbing really. Honestly, the more I look at it in terms of a psychotic break, the more the movie elicits an uneasy, almost sick feeling. As the aforementioned 'monster under the bed' takeaway, it seemed really dull and uninspired. Fairly derivative too. So however you, the viewer, choose to interpret the plot may determine your level of enjoyment.

The interior sets were kind of cool. The house, especially at night, had a dingy blue-gray look, and seemed very minimalist. To me, it forced the characters to really be the center of attention. The actress who played the mother was quite good. She was great at appearing emotionally beaten down and really conveyed how the character was just going through the motions of her life. The other main character, her son, was one of the most obnoxious creatures I've seen on screen in quite awhile. I don't know if that was done intentionally so that the audience could sympathize with his mom always being pushed to the brink or not. All I know for sure is that if Trojan ever wanted to make an effective ad to sell condoms they should just show some scenes with that kid in it. Their stock would soar.

In short, the movie is pretty over-hyped (like so many other low-budget horror flicks), but it IS fairly disturbing if looked at under the guise of an all too plausible unchecked mental disorder. The acting is good, but the whole thing takes awhile to build up steam to the climax.

Lodge Pro-Logic P14W3 Cast Iron Wok, Black, 14-inch
Lodge Pro-Logic P14W3 Cast Iron Wok, Black, 14-inch
2 used & new from $129.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wok for Average Homeowner's Ranges, December 27, 2014
I've got a junky electric range that came with my apartment. I tried using other types of woks such as carbon steel and stainless steel, but the burner output wasn't anywhere near enough to properly stir fry using those other pans. As soon as the food was tossed into the pan, the temperature dropped exponentially. So instead of a nice searing effect occurring, the food would just boil in its own juices. Even making smaller batches wasn't especially helpful.

I bought this beast and the difference is night and day! It's heavy enough to survive an atomic blast, and it's dense enough to retain all the heat my electric burners can put out.

Other reviewers break it down more eloquently, but here's how I think of it: This wok is a giant battery. You see, heat is a form of energy. As this wok sits on the burner, the dense cast iron absorbs the heat from the electric coils. It has a smallish yet thick base on its bottom that sits on the burner like a pedestal. Like all cast iron, the wok is slow to heat up (charge) but when it does it hangs onto that heat. When food is tossed into it, the temperature drops a little but it recovers quickly due to this stored charge (in keeping with the battery analogy). With the charge stored in the dense cast iron, the cook is not as dependent on the heat source as he or she is with a thinner metal. Which is great when the only heat source available is less powerful than one would like.

The down side to all of this is that the cast iron holds onto this heat (charge) a lot longer than with less dense materials. So when cooking with higher heat (like a stir fry), the cook needs to be ready to extract the food from the hot and heavy wok to a plate so as not to burn the food. Because this is a heavy Cantonese style wok (with two handles, a bit like a colander sans holes) you should approach this wok as being essentially stationary from cook start to finish. It can be super unwieldy, especially when filled with hot oil.

Results? Stellar, at least compared to my previous woks. I'm a novice cook, and only really cook for myself, but there truly is a night and day difference using the Lodge wok. There isn't any boiling or braising that occurs when meat is added to the wok; It sears and achieves this nice smokey flavor. I have literally tossed the most random odds and ends into this wok and have been very pleased with the results. The average home range (let alone the stock range in a one bedroom apartment like mine) can't crank out the high temps required to make the thinner carbon steel jobs work. This cast iron wok is a type of bridge between residential stoves and the necessary sustained high heat needed to stir fry.

Downsides are few: It IS a beast of a pan! Heavy and large, you won't be slinging food around like a TV chef with this. Storage might be tricky depending on your space. It also comes pre-seasoned, but I wouldn't call it non stick. It needs to be used lots to smooth out the rough surface. Avoid using acidic ingredients out of the gate since it will strip off some of the seasoning. The bottom of my wok keeps losing its seasoning after I tossed some diced green chilies in it. I'll live.

Sorry this is so long. Here's the TL, DR: This wok is bomb for most average homeowners!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20