Profile for J. Scholz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Scholz RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
by Katy Bowman
Price: $17.00
13 used & new from $14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindful Movement-Simply Sensible, October 1, 2014
This is a very engaging book, easy to understand and very motivating because the author explains very clearly how movement impacts the bottom line - your individual cells-trillions of them. It puts in perspective how we injure our bodies over time by sitting too long, by doing "exercises " to make up for inactivities etc. Readers will do themselves great good by following the protocol outlined in Chapter 6. For greater visual help Katy Bowman's videos Aligned and Well as well as Alignment Snacks from her website are investments with healthy returns.
This is a quote from the book p49. "Moving differently requires an inordinate amount of mindfulness and once we forget to pay attention, we automatically default to the same pattern...." I am reading the book again to reinforced what I learned from the videos. I bought the videos prior to the book's publication The best feedback I have is my body starting to say "ahhh ahhh, I like that". I am now on a journey...learning how to stand. I have my mental checklists just for standing. Here is one... it is fun to catch myself tucking my pelvis and untucking it to make it neutral throughout the day. Now standing is not a mindless activity anymore. I have experienced positive changes already and all for less than a month.
I highly recommend this book, I bought two more to give away.

Savanaahs Organic Argan Oil 8 Oz / 240 ML 100% Pure & Cold Pressed - Premium Grade - USDA Certified Organic - Large 8 Oz Glass Bottle - Excellent Natural Multi-Purpose Moisturizer for Skin, Hair & Nails - Non-Greasy and Fast Absorbing - Good Source of Vitamin E & Omegas - Rejuvenates Dry Skin - 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - 90 Days Full Refund/ Return Policy (No Questions Asked) - New Design & Packaging - Promotional Price for Limited Time Only
Offered by Divine Organics Inc.
Price: $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Moisturizer, February 13, 2014
First of all I appreciate the fast delivery of the product. The argan oil is effective by itself or added to my favorite lotion especially in this winter . Since I bought an 8 oz bottle I put the oil in a small container with a dropper for ease of use at home and travel. I also added a few drops of lavender oil my favorite scent which at the same time takes care of the very faint nut smell

Pool Rx Mineral System for Pools up to 20k Gallons
Pool Rx Mineral System for Pools up to 20k Gallons
Offered by Top Dog Pool Supply
Price: $64.89
15 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Kept Secret I will Share, May 14, 2013
I started using Pool Rx extreme for our 20,000 gallon pool about almost 4 years ago. When I saw the claims of no more algae I thought it was too good to be true. I called the company to ask questions then I bought my first unit. Prior to this our pool would bloom with algae in the summer. I had a pool maintenance person and he was not doing a good job.So I thought I'd help out by buying pool rx. To make a long story short I took over the pool maintenance. I had only one incidence of visible algae when the pool started to look light green.....I forgot to add the booster after 6 months. The booster took care of the problem without shocking the water. I test the water weekly in the summer with Taylor test kit. I check the free chlorine, alkalinity, pH etc. One thing I noticed, there is no algae growth even when free chlorine is below .5ppm. There are no incidence of hair turning different color especially treated hair. Even when the water temperature went up to 85 or 88 degrees there was no greening of the water. Oh yes I use less chlorine. I use chlorine tablets in a floater even though I have a chlorine feeder. If there is too much free chlorine I just take the floater out and put it a a bucket with a seal. Pool maintenance is a breeze. I try to keep the free chlorine between .5 and 1.5ppm. I just want to add that there is no discoloration on my pebble tech pool surface at all. My reward is a clear shimmering pool all year round. Need I add I saved money by not paying a pool guy to do weekly maintenance?

Arts, Crafts & Sewing: 60-Inch/150-Centimer Heavy Duty Professional Vinyl Tape Measure

5.0 out of 5 stars accurate, April 8, 2013
This measuring tape is easy to use. The lines are clear and edges straight. I tried to stretch it to see want will happen...it did not stretch. The edges remain straight. Another feature that I like is the flexibility and ease measuring the body. I wish that I had this measuring tape sooner.

The Sex Drive Solution for Women: Dr. Jen's Power Plan to Fire Up Your Libido
The Sex Drive Solution for Women: Dr. Jen's Power Plan to Fire Up Your Libido
by Virginia Hopkins
Price: $15.93
46 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Resource for Restoring Sexy Back, March 22, 2013
For preventive purposes, I hope that this book get in the hands of many women before they become symptomatic or endanger their health by being treated with synthetic female hormones. If the woman is already symptomatic this book will bring hope and scientific understanding about what a woman is going through and what to do about it. The book is holistic and realistic encouraging women to take charge of their well being. It clearly describes the interrelationship and interactions of hormones, diet, sleep, drugs (prescription and recreational), herbs, stress, exercise, supplements, physical/psychological issues and intimate relationship to a woman's libido. The last chapter addresses a man's libido problem.
Highly recommended. The format is very reader friendly. Important points are highlighted in every chapter. Websites and books are generously provided for further reading.

Paleo Desserts: 125 Delicious Everyday Favorites, Gluten- and Grain-Free
Paleo Desserts: 125 Delicious Everyday Favorites, Gluten- and Grain-Free
by Jane Barthelemy
Price: $16.23
103 used & new from $3.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Paleo Dessert to the Rescue, March 7, 2013
Baking and making desserts are not my favorite activities. Just buying goodies at bakeries is no longer an option for me. I bought this book to read and to find out if the recipes will work for me. At first I felt somewhat intimidated with the unfamiliar ingredients such as yacon syrup, nutritional yeast which are optional ingredients. The table top just like sugar sweetener is totally new. Ms Barthemy's website was very helpful to give the information about this product. I "gathered" the paleo dessert essentials plus other ingredients that I know are not in my cupboard -from the internet and local health food stores. My cuisinart food processor came out of retirement as I tried my first project- the Mexican Wedding Cookies. It turned out better than I thought.I wasn't very confident about how I went about making it especially how long to process the coconut flakes and sweetener. I emailed Ms. Barthelemy about my question and she graciously got back with the answer. Slowly my confidence is building and had made the lemon bars, awesome fudge brownies and used the chocolate part of Hazelnut Butter Cups to cover nuts in candy molds...heavenly. They were all delicious, gave just the right amount of satiety and satisfaction. Most of all no sugar spikes...I check my blood sugar just to make sure that the desserts are safe.

Admittedly it takes time to become familiar with the ingredients but for me it is fast becoming a new normal. One of the reasons I had disliked conventional baking and dessert making is the amount of sugar that is called for in the recipes. I literally lose my desire to eat because I could feel the crash just thinking about it.

I highly recommend this cookbook. The recipes are easy to follow. The sweetener is pricey but is worth it for me because I can treat myself with something sweet every now and then. I find that the paleo desserts do not initiate cravings. After I get my sweet fix I am done with it for a week or more that is why I have made just three paleo desserts so far since I bought the book in the beginning of this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 6:46 PM PST

Blendtec Twister Jar
Blendtec Twister Jar
Price: $111.99
26 used & new from $100.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all this time?, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Blendtec Twister Jar (Kitchen)
I just recently heard of this item from Jane Barthelemy's book Paleo Desserts. She recommended this container for blending small quantities of smoothies, dressings, sauce etc. I own a Blendtec high speed blender for at least five years. Since I bought this twister, the blender has become more useful to me for use as a "personal blender". It now stays mostly on the counter instead of the cupboard. It is a breeze to clean. The size is perfect.
Something to keep in mind in cleaning the container...pay attention to the amount of water with dishwashing liquid that you put in the twister before giving it a whirl...I didn't and I had to include cleaning the mess I generated in the kitchen instead of just cleaning the container.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2013 6:33 PM PDT

"Low Carb-ing Among Friends Cookbooks: Gluten-free, Low-carb, Atkins friendly, 100% Wheat-free, Sugar-Free, Recipes, Diet, Cookbook Vol-3 (Gluten-Free Low-Carb ing, Among Friends V3 (14-Jan-13))"
by Jennifer Eloff

2.0 out of 5 stars Artificial sweeteners on a lot of desserts, March 7, 2013
This is a compilation of recipe books. I initially bought it to use for making desserts that are sugar free. I was very disappointed with most dessert recipes because the sweetener used was Splenda. I tried Splenda a few times in the past and had general unpleasant feeling after intake. I avoid artificial sweeteners. In fact if I accidentally ate food that was a sweetened by these kinds of sweeteners I will know by how I feel afterwards. The books were returned.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 10:53 PM PST

The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
by Joel Fuhrman
Price: $20.33
117 used & new from $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutritarian just another name for vegetarian, January 10, 2013
I returned this book because it is not useful for me. Had I known that going vegetarian to reverse diabetes is the premise of this book I would not have bothered ordering it. I love eating all varieties of vegetables but just being limited to vegetables is unsustainable diet for me. His compromise to eat some type of meat like chicken or fish as condiments to a meal was too much for me. It may work for others but it is not for me.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 1:39 AM PST

Cuisinox Roma 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker
Cuisinox Roma 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker
Price: $99.91
18 used & new from $65.58

5.0 out of 5 stars 2thumbs up from a picky coffee drinker, December 16, 2012
I bought this product to test how the coffee taste before buying the more expensive electric espresso makers. I thought my first cup tasted very good. I asked my son who is a coffee drinker to give me his opinion... 2 thumbs up. He likes it so much, that he brews coffee at home almost everyday. In less than 2 weeks the Lavazza coffee brick I ordered together with this product was gone. It really helped saved money during the week of final exams. The next best thing is easy maintenance. Cleaning can wait until it cools or whenever I get around doing it, taking care not to dump the reducer with the coffee grinds. I use bamboo skewer to thoroughly clean the bottom since the brush does not remove the coffee residue in the hard to reach areas. I'm very happy and thankful for this purchase. I highly recommend it......take time, slow down and watch and listen while the stove top espresso maker delights your senses fresh coffee smell. It does not take very long before your coffee is ready to pour and please always use a pot holder.
I searched the cuisinox site for gasket replacement. I don't need it at this time but I like to know where I can get it before the need arises. Cost 1.50 per gasket. Shipping is $25.00. They recommend changing gasket annually whether it needs it or not.

Page: 1 | 2