Profile for Skyy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Skyy "Everlast" RSS Feed

How To Draw Manga Volume 6 (How to Draw Manga (Graphic-Sha Numbered))
How To Draw Manga Volume 6 (How to Draw Manga (Graphic-Sha Numbered))
by Hikaru Hayashi
38 used & new from $8.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonchalantly content, August 27, 2004
This book has proved to be somewhat usefull. It shows a variety of posses from different fighting styles as well as different uniforms and fighting arena's used for each. It shows how the different uniforms flow according to different stances and moves, this is also usefull if your are planning to draw using the uniform, but what I found unsatisfactory about this book is that since it shows all the moves in very loose, often times baggy, clothing you do not grasp the full understanding of what the body parts look like performing the actions. Ofcourse this greatly affects upon drawing a female fighter. Most of the pictures are male, but if it showed there muscular structure during the combat it would be easy to understand the differences between the female and male posses. Other than that I have no complaints.

Trigun - The Complete Box Set (Limited Edition)
Trigun - The Complete Box Set (Limited Edition)
DVD ~ Masaya Onosaka
6 used & new from $132.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unique, August 13, 2004
I enjoy a good deal of anime. I have the complete Box sets for Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noir, Gundam Wing, Naruto(which they unfortunately don't sell here at amazon, check out [...] And ofcourse Triguns. I probably have many others, but I do not recall them at this moment. I have watched very many anime series but to my dissapointment they seem to always be compared to each other. Mostly Cowboy Bebop as of late. I feel that what makes an anime good is how unique it is from the rest of them. Ofcourse they will always have swords or guns in them, and the really awsome tweaked out hairstyles of the main character, but the uniqueness is defined by the main character and the storyline overall. That is why I recommend Trigun. The other reviews are right when they say that in some areas they are lacking in the detail of background. In some areas the artwork is not as perfect as it may be in other anime, but you have to be a real stiffler to sit through a whole anime just trying to find things wrong with it. Personally one of my favorite traits about this anime is that Vash the Stampede actually hates hurting others. This is something not expected from a man who carries around a gun that is powerful enough to put a hole in the moon.Speaking of the gun, I have also noticed that in previous reviews that some were upset that they didn't even draw the gun correctly. They said there should have been more research from the artists to properly draw the gun. These reviewers are obviously referring to the barrel of the handgun being on the bottom of the firearm rather than the top. Unfortunately for them, that was performed on purpose to try to further explain that this handgun was, by far, unlike any others out there.

All together the story line is about average. They could have given it a little more though, but they did a fantastic job of expaining the background as the story progresses. Another thing I liked about this anime is that it had enough humor to keep you in a good mood, but had just enough emotional struggle and, in some parts, pure violence that kept this anime into more of an action flick than a comedy, but the humor, nevertheless, is still there and I found that quite appealing. Overall, I must say that I enjoyed this anime very much and feel that it has deserved the five stars I have given it, even if others feel it does not. I hope you have found this review helpful. Just remember this: If you love Cowboy Bebop and want to watch something like Cowboy Bebop, then pop in the first disk of Cowboy Bebop and start watching it again. If you loved Outlaw Star and you want to watch something like that, then pop in Outlaw Star and start watching that, but if you want to watch a new anime that you haven't seen before then watch it and enjoy it for what it is. Unique.

-Me

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) - Vol. 3
FLCL (Fooly Cooly) - Vol. 3
DVD ~ Jun Mizuki
6 used & new from $8.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique, July 18, 2004
This review is from: FLCL (Fooly Cooly) - Vol. 3 (DVD)
FLCL was surprisingly a good anime. It's name (Fooly Cooly) might throw some off. Just think of the name as the creators way of expressing the uniqueness of this anime. I'll admit that I don't prefer to many animes that have alot of gimicks and comedy. I usually prefer more serious animes such as Serial Experiments Lain, but this FLCL has definately put forth the effort. So why did I only give it a 4 star rating if I have nothing negative to say about it, some may ask. The reason is simple. It's just to damn short.