Profile for Givaudan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Givaudan RSS Feed (USA)

Gather Ye Rosebuds
Gather Ye Rosebuds
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a charming, fun romp...with a mystery to solve..., March 31, 2014
I really enjoyed this novel. I like the author's wit and twisting plots. Her servants are strong and well drawn personalities, and the primary characters are multi-dimensional and likable. This author writes pretty much non-sexual romances. After years of reading them, I will take a well written regency over a bodice ripper depending on formulaic sex any day.

The Guest Cat
The Guest Cat
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought/read this book because of a review that was on Amazon..., March 30, 2014
This review is from: The Guest Cat (Kindle Edition)
I read on and on ( although it is fairly short) because I expected some twist or some deep insight into life or something. What I found in it was a bit of a diary of a couple's life and a discussion on property values.
It was a bit zen but honestly, mostly boring and pointless.
Oh, and there is a cat involved. It belongs to someone else. They seduce it to their home and fault the cat's owners when they take it back.

Minuet
Minuet
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful well developed plot., March 30, 2014
This review is from: Minuet (Kindle Edition)
If you read regencies for sex, this is not your author. But if you want a well developed witty plot with pathos and humor, you will enjoy this author. I cannot testify as to period authenticity, and this particular piece is set before the regency period, but it seems to me that she has done her research.

An Unwilling Conquest (Lester Family)
An Unwilling Conquest (Lester Family)
Price: $6.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. This is a part of a very old book that was released years ago., March 30, 2014
This is part of an old book released years ago. I hate it when they do that. It is unfair to older readers.

The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade Series)
The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade Series)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars charming, interesting and well written., January 6, 2014
Slightly convoluted plot but well drawn characters and interesting plot twists. I felt it was worth reading and worth the price.

How To Build The Perfect Rake
How To Build The Perfect Rake
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a charming read, in the style of Georgette Heyer, January 5, 2014
I enjoy books by Kate Harper because her plots are plausible and all of her characters, including the secondary characters, are finely drawn and often witty.
This one is an enjoyable read.

The Mortgage Wars: Inside Fannie Mae, Big-Money Politics, and the Collapse of the American Dream
Price: $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly readable, this book clears up many misunderstandings about the meltdown..., November 15, 2013
I found this book to be very informative and surprisingly readable for a finance book. I felt that it made many good points and cleared up areas of confusion for me, particularly in the areas of derivatives, and the types of MBS and their different roles in the meltdown. I thought his recommendations at the end were well thought out and well argued.

Fake Rock Skimmer and Septic Lid Cover (Fieldstone) (6"H x 27"W x 31"D)
Fake Rock Skimmer and Septic Lid Cover (Fieldstone) (6"H x 27"W x 31"D)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $87.52
5 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars nice rocks!, October 14, 2012
I have purchased several of these types of rocks this year to hide pond pumps and other mechanical things in my garden... This rock is even bigger than I expected...the color is good, too. Thanks!

15 in. Outdoor Polyethylene Artificial Rock
15 in. Outdoor Polyethylene Artificial Rock
Offered by Etailz
Price: $83.44
4 used & new from $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars This fake rock fits owner my well head and has stakes to hold it in place., September 27, 2012
This product was better Han I expected. The rocks have tiny flat places on the bottom where the enclosed (and taped to the inside of the rock) stakes poke through and into the ground so it doesn't move when the mowers hit it!

The colors look natural, too.

I recommend them. I bought two different sizes and may buy one more.

Polar Pacer Heart Rate Monitors
Polar Pacer Heart Rate Monitors
Offered by share a book
Price: $74.99
6 used & new from $28.88

3.0 out of 5 stars great product, watch band fails, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Polar Pacer Heart Rate Monitors
I have several different types of Polar heart rate monitors for our family.
This one works well, but it is the only one where the plastic band has failed.
In the area where the band attaches to the metal bar hinge, the plastic is very thin and breaks
I believe this is a design flaw that may be avoided on other models.