Profile for Johnny K > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Johnny K "amazon3168" RSS Feed (Buffalo, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
Offered by Etech Galaxy
Price: $183.95
183 used & new from $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, June 11, 2014
My 7 yo daughter wanted her own laptop so I got her this. At just over a Benjamin, I wouldn't flip my s***e if she broke it. It's still working well 6 months later and it gets beaten up pretty good. There are some decent parental controls now available for Chromebook - read the howtos online and it becomes a very good kids laptop.

Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6V Lithium Ion Dual-Position Cordless Screwdriver (1.5Ah)
Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6V Lithium Ion Dual-Position Cordless Screwdriver (1.5Ah)
Price: $70.24
96 used & new from $61.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought a second for a family member, June 11, 2014
I've had an earlier version of this tool forever. It's one of the few tools that lives in my upstairs living area - I just use it all the time. It's such a handy little thing, and has taken a lot of abuse. I ordered one for a family member as a thank you present and it was very well received - and actually is measurably better than my old one in that the light is brighter, torque seems faster, and build quality is even better. One of those little tools that's handy all. the. time. I thought mine broke the other day, and I wasn't even upset. Just took my phone out and started ordering another one. Turns out the low/high switch was just not fully set to either setting. Boom, works just fine. I might order a backup just in case Hitachi retires this little guy.

Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink
Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink
Offered by Klipple Group USA
Price: $79.82
13 used & new from $66.65

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 yr old loves this thing, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink (Toy)
I read the reviews and held off until my little girl was 4. She has a tiny bigwheel that she loves drifting around the house, so I thought she'd get a kick out of a 'big girl version' ... oh man, what did I get myself into. She's an absolute beast on this thing! Love it. Pretty decent quality and the price is acceptable. The flag is a real nice touch - not only does she love it, but it makes her that much more visible as she rides down low. Great job Radio Flyer!

Frozen [Blu-ray]
Frozen [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.96
100 used & new from $10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids can't get enough of this movie., June 11, 2014
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great movie, and I especially like the direction Disney is going. It's funny, watching something like "Snow White" immediately before this one really gives you some appreciation for the change in attitude towards women in animated films. Keep going Disney, you're just about there!

Highland Sugarworks Jug 100% Maple Syrup Pure Very Dark Color Strong Taste, 32 oz (Packing May Vary)
Price: $23.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavor, June 11, 2014
This is my go-to syrup. Great flavor, great consistency, and the price isn't horrible. I'll keep getting it as long as they make it.

ONGUARD 87401 PVC Men's Buffalo Plain Toe Knee Boots with Lug Outsole, 16" Height, Black, Size 11
Offered by MidAtlantic Merchant
Price: $21.15
6 used & new from $9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, June 11, 2014
Not much to say. Keeps your feet dry. Pretty tough. Stand up straight in the closet. I like 'em when I have to hit up the marshy area in the backyard.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Introduces a slight taste, June 11, 2014
You know, the mug is just ok. I had another, Thermos brand mug that I loved and somehow lost, so I got this one instead. It doesn't keep my coffee as hot as the Thermos mug but I liked the button dispenser design. The problem is, my coffee has a distinctly different flavor when I drink it from this mug. It's not drastic but it's noticeable enough to make me pass it by every time I make coffee. So I decided to toss it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 5:46 AM PDT

TaoTronics RGB SMD Led Strip Light Kit(16.4ft, 150 LEDS, 24K remote & 60w Power Supply, Waterproof)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $26.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light quality, excellent product for the price, April 17, 2014
I purchased this on a whim to light my young daughter's window, to be used a light source during storytime, as I thought a nice gentle glow from behind her curtains would be a soothing alterntive to a conventional light. It turns out the effect was even cooler than that - by using a dark orange color, we simulated a 'sunset' effect that is very calming and amazing to see. By using a brighter, more yellow color, it simulates sunrise - this got me to thinking of a host of uses for this product to wake the kids up gently and efficiently by simulating a refreshing sunrise.

The number of uses for one of these strips is mind boggling. As an avid LED lighting nut, I'll probably be ordering dozens more over the years.

Highly recommended!

GE 50723 LED Motion-Sensing Auto-On/Off Plug-In Nightlight
GE 50723 LED Motion-Sensing Auto-On/Off Plug-In Nightlight

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, no longer worked after 2 months, July 31, 2013
Just like many other reviewers here, my "GE 50723 LED Motion-Sensing Auto-On/Off Plug-In Nightlight" stopped working after a few weeks. Very annoying to be flushing a few dollars down the toilet; it's too cheap to bother following up for warranty or return service so I'm probably just going to toss it. A total waste.

LEDwholesalers Tower Type G4 18 SMD LED 5050 12V Ac/dc Warm White, 1435WW
LEDwholesalers Tower Type G4 18 SMD LED 5050 12V Ac/dc Warm White, 1435WW
Offered by LEDwholesalers ®
Price: $7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Careful of suppliers & inability to match bulbs, March 6, 2012
I have a 6-bulb fixture which takes G4 bulbs. I ordered one of these bulbs from LEDwholesalers and it was a pretty close match to the halogens I was trying to replace. I ordered 3 more to replace the other burned out halogens, and received 3 bulbs from a different supplier (zitrades) which were noticeably cooler in color than the one from LEDwholesalers. I didn't mind a cooler color, but now I had one warm LED, three cool LEDs, and two halogens left (which are warm). I decided to get three of the cooler bulbs, from ZITRADES, but apparently they are unable to match the three I bought from them a month ago! They sent me a picture of a completely different bulb asking if those would be ok. Of course they wouldn't ... I need to have 6 that match!

Nobody is able to get me bulbs that will definitely match.

My advice: Stay away until these Chinese suppliers can come out with a bulb that is the same color throughout their run. Otherwise you'll have several mismatched bulbs. There are serious quality control issues with these bulbs and they aren't ready for prime time yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3