Profile for Don > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Don RSS Feed (Cranston, RI USA)

Smoke & Spice: Cooking with Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue (Non)
Smoke & Spice: Cooking with Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue (Non)
by Cheryl Alters Jamison
121 used & new from $1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Compilation of the Basics of BBQ, August 2, 2003
I have tried several of these recipes, usually with my own slight variations, and have found them all so far to be very good, honest, american-made good food. They fit my BBQ diet very well!! Very satisfied with the book, but we occasionally cut back the amounts on some of the "stronger" ingredients to suit our tastes. Call it "regional taste variation". Excellent BBQ guide, and plenty of good advice too, about types of pits or grills, woods, and much more. I wish they'd add my homemade hot sauce recipe....

Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Backyard Smoker Available!!, August 2, 2003
This unit is easy to load, easy to maintain temperature, and simply cooks the best barbeque. I have not seen any other wood or charcoal smoker that can compare, dollar for dollar. You have complete control over how smokey the flavor is (or isn't). I only check the temp once every hour. I have done 5 full racks of ribs (on a ribrack), not "babybacks" either, plus 2 pork shoulders at once, and could have fit more! Use all charcoal, all wood, or any combination. I also use charwood because it burns so clean. I recommend ordering the optional thermometer which fits in the built-in opening in the right hand side of the big door. Holds up to 100 lbs of meat! Has a drippings drain on the lower right. Firebox is easy to clean, I use a garden trowel. Tomorrow I'm doing 2 racks of ribs, 10 lbs. of chicken wings, and corn on the cob... I LOVE IT!!!!!