Profile for A. Stack > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Stack RSS Feed (Oak Harbor, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EcoPlus Commercial Air 1 - 18 Watts Single Outlet
EcoPlus Commercial Air 1 - 18 Watts Single Outlet
Offered by Deerso
Price: $31.86
14 used & new from $29.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing runs like Forest Gump!!!, February 5, 2014
Nothing bad to say at all about it. I've been running it for almost a year now and it's never given me a single fuss. It does get quite hot, so hot that you could burn yourself touching the heatsink (case), but that doesn't appear to hurt it. I was almost tempted to put a small fan blowing on it when I first felt how hot it gets, but I've been told that is not necessary, that it's built to handle the heat and it's not a problem. So far, I'd have to agree!

18 Site Aeroponic Plant Cloner, Seed and Strawberry Starting Machine - Econo Clone Bucket 18 from Hydro West
Offered by Hydro West
Price: $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cloning system, but not perfect, February 5, 2014
This is a pretty good system, but it's not perfect.

First, the small pots are designed to hold 1 inch rockwool cubes, but when I used rockwool, my plants were constantly overwatered. I have better luck just using foam plugs and letting the roots start through the empty pots.

Secondly, I don't really like the PVC water nozzle they came up with. I feel it puts water jets too close to the plants. So what I've been doing with more luck is not even using the water pump and nozzle. I put airstones in the bucket and the clones love that so much more. They still get tons of humidity, and the delicate stems don't get blasted with water jets.

Third, this system does not come with any water heater. That's a must if your water temp gets too low, because it will stunt your plants growth. Especially in the cloning stage, this is bad. I bought a cheap aquarium heater at Wal Mart and have used that successfully since.

In order to achieve the humidity you need to successfully clone, I had to find a cover for the bucket. What I came up with works pretty well, but it's not an exact fit. It's actually made for making mushrooms, but it works good and gives my clones 99 percent humidity. The link for that is: [...]
That keeps their leaves alive and fresh for much longer, greatly increasing their chances of success.

The other thing I thought was odd was that the instructions said that clones do not need grow lights until they start rooting...I've found that getting them under a grow light within a week greatly increases their chances of survival.

In closing, I would say this is a pretty good cloning system. It's small and doesn't take up a lot of room. But it does need some tweaking to make it better. I don't regret my purchase at all though!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2014 10:02 PM PST

Kirby Generation 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Ultimate G Allergen Filtration Bags PKG of 9
Kirby Generation 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Ultimate G Allergen Filtration Bags PKG of 9
Offered by Merchandise Mecca
Price: $8.26
15 used & new from $8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as good as Kirby bags for much less, February 5, 2014
Not much to say except these costed me a lot less than original Kirby bags, and they work just as well. I'm always happy when there is an alternative product that costs less!

Finnex 50-Watt Hang-On Electronic Controller Aquarium Heater, Titanium Tube, 10 to 20-Gallon
Price: $34.50
2 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable little heater!, February 5, 2014
I bought two of these for my hydroponics. My water was getting so cold that my plants were stunted. I put these in and there are no more worries! My plants look wonderful and I couldn't be happier. They are small and the sleeve is metal, not glass. So if you do something stupid like leave it plugged in when there's no water, at least it's not going to blow glass all over the bottom of my hydro tubs! It's easy enough to unplug it and avoid problems all together though! Great heaters!

25 Pack Compatible Canon CLI 221 , CLI-221 , CLI221 , PGI 220 , PGI-220 , PGI220 5 Small Black, 5 Cyan, 5 Magenta, 5 Yellow, 5 Big Black for use with Canon PIXMA Ip3600, PIXMA Ip4600, PIXMA Ip4700, PIXMA MX860, PIXMA MX870. PIXMA Ip 3600, PIXMA Ip 4600, PIXMA Ip 4700, PIXMA MX 860, PIXMA MX 870.. Ink Cartridges for inkjet printers. © Blake Printing Supply
Offered by Blake Printing Supply TM
Price: $36.99
2 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as good as original cartridges at a fraction of the price!, February 5, 2014
I've tried aftermarket printer cartridges before in hopes of saving money and I've always been dissapointed. Until now. This cartridge pack will set you up for a while on printer ink. And they work flawlessly. I don't notice any print quality difference and the printer also thinks they are Canon cartridges. I can't think of a single negative thing to say, that's why I gave these 5 stars. That and their value and quality. Great product that saves $$$!

Shimano XTR PD-985 Speed Clipless Pedal
Shimano XTR PD-985 Speed Clipless Pedal
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $179.95
16 used & new from $126.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, reliable, I don't see how it could be much better!!!, September 29, 2013
This review is from: Shimano XTR PD-M985 Trail Pedal
I've thrashed a lot of pedals over the years. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until late in life. I was about 10 years old and with all the people I had in my life, my dad, my brothers, it was funny, this distant friend of my dad's came to see him and he was kind of messed up with his life with alcoholism and whatnot, but he somehow taught me and I've ridden many miles since. That's supposed to be my attempt at giving my review credibility, Lol!

These are the best pedals I've ever used, hands down. Let me advise though. When you get them, turn the tension all the way down first. Try it like that and see how you like it from there. I made the mistake of keeping mine at the factory setting for quite a while. It doesn't feel very nice when you can't clip out and you fall over. Anyone who has used clips will testify. I did it twice and was really reconsidering having clips on a mountain bike. Then I tweaked the tension all the way down and I've never changed it since. It's super easy to clip out now. That works best for mountain bike trails, such as when you can't quite power up a hill and you lose all forward momentum. I've never had a problem not being able to clip out since I dropped the tension all the way down. Now if you use these more on the road, it wouldn't be bad to keep the tension a bit higher. I'll never raise mine though.

These pedals clean up super easy. I don't care what people say about WD-40. It's relatively cheap, it's a cleaner and it's also a damned good lubricant. True it doesn't last that long, but it's no worse than the VVL-800 we used in the military. I spray them with WD, scrub with an old toothbrush, then wipe off with an old rag. Do this monthly and there will never be lubrication or corrosion issues. That's a lot cheaper than what the bike shops will sell you! Good advice from Andy, Lol. Also, The spin bearings are sealed and will never need to be messed with. These pedals are so sturdy, I honestly don't see ever having to replace them.

Oh! I got these particular pedals because they had a fairly large foot deck, so they would hopefully work ok if you were wearing some shoes that did not clip in. I have to say this. I instantly miss that I don't have clip pedals when I ride with standard (clipless) shoes. It's fairly easy to ride, but I do kind of wish they would have put some ridges on top so it's not quite so slick. When it's wet, you'll see what I'm talking about. They get a bit slippery then. It's a small thing and honestly, most of the time, you'll want to be clipped in. Also, these pedals are the same on either side. So when you go to clip in, just kick the pedal and push down until you hear the 'click'. The Locking mechanism is so simple and reliable, I don't see how it could ever fail under normal use.

Bottom line, if you can afford it, these are great pedals. Great for Serious trails and great for roads. I love these babies!!!

Kolpin 89135 Fuel Pack (EPA/CPSC Compliant)
Kolpin 89135 Fuel Pack (EPA/CPSC Compliant)

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Functional and mine does not leak any more!!!, August 26, 2013
I've had this fuel pack for a while. Like most, I bought it to strap onto my ATV. Well, mine leaked the very first time I filled it and after much messing with it, I sidelined it and kind of thought I should write a bad review for it. After all, it was useless to me if it was going to leak. At this point, I'd never contacted Kolpin.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to contact them and see if there was maybe an upgraded nozzle or something for these things. Something designed to not leak better than what I had. Kolpin was very helpful. I was corresponding with them via email, but they were with me the entire time. They sent me a completely new nozzle and I put it in and it has not leaked a drop! This did not cost me a dime either. It's been a very long time since I've seen customer service like that. My hats off to Kolpin and for the way they handled my problem and the ruggedness and durability of the unit since then, it gets all 5 stars. As for the nozzle, it's the EPA/CPSC compliant nozzle, so you have to turn it, then push it against the side of the filler nozzle like most newer gas cans have. That is a bad design, but it's not Kolpin, that's how the government wants them to be. Kolpin's nozzles seem to leak from the U-shaped seal that fits on the end of the nozzle. If it's not aligned correctly all the way around, it will likely leak. My first nozzle strangely did not even have that seal. Probably why it leaked so bad.

For those of you out there who do have leaky nozzles, get a hold of Kolpin. They assured me that you would not be ignored.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the patches that set the standard, May 29, 2013
I've used many bicycle patches. The vulcanizing patches are by far the best and Rema is the pioneer company in that niche. These are the best bicycle patches there is. Period.

Aluminum Cycle Pro Mechanic Bicycle Repair Stand Rack Bike
Aluminum Cycle Pro Mechanic Bicycle Repair Stand Rack Bike
Offered by cyclingdeal_usa
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really good and with ease!, May 29, 2013
This is the only bike stand I've used or owned. But I've worked on bikes for many years and knew from the instant I pulled it out of the box that it's high quality. It's got some great features besides it's durable, lightweight construction. I love the frame clamp. It gives you numerous clamping options because of the rotating head feature, which lets you swivel the clamp in a 360 pattern, with stops pretty often. I also like the tool tray, with magnetic cups for nuts and bolts.

The only thing I would have done different is I would have included a strap to lockout the front forks. I use a little wood contraption that my son and I made and it just sits right on the tool tray when not in use. Oh and I also wanted to give them kudos for stability. I've had my bike on the stand many times fully weighted for road rides, which feels like about 35 pounds when I lift it. The stand does a nice job holding my bike up and is stable enough that I can work on it too.

Ladies, this is definitely the gift to give your man if you are hoping to get lucky tonight! If they ride bikes, they will love this thing!

Wiley X XL-1 Advanced Sunglasses, Smoke Grey, Matte Black
Wiley X XL-1 Advanced Sunglasses, Smoke Grey, Matte Black
Offered by Blastline USA Inc.
Price: $69.99
15 used & new from $69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hair pulling, falling off face, horrible sunglasses!, March 7, 2013
I've had Wiley X sunglasses before and I always thought they were very high quality. I've had Bolle and Oakley's and my previous Wiley X's would hold up to them anyday, but this version pulls your hair when you take them off and if you put them on over your hair, they fall off your face. The strap doesn't work well for me, so I expect sunglasses that will not fall off my face. And if you have a problem, Wiley X will not support you. They would not help me at all with exchanging these for something else, so they get my lowest rating for poor customer satisfaction.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2013 6:58 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3