Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Snorri Wolfersson > Reviews

Browse

Snorri Wolfersson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Snorri Wolfersson RSS Feed (INDY,IN)

Page: 1 | 2
9", Black, KONOV Jewelry Black Leather Mens Bracelet Stainless Steel Clasp - 9 inch
Offered by KONOV
Price: $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells like Deep Storage, May 10, 2013
Nice looking item, but I will never buy from Konov again. They apparently source their "leather" from cows grazing in the Land of Perpetual Mildew. Lysol did not help. Being outside in the sun and wind for two weeks did not help. Thus, this item shall never be worn and no repeat business will happen for Konov. A incredibly terrible item. No customer should ever have to deal with a smell like that on an item worn on or about their person. Horrid. Did I mention the foul odor? Good. Just making sure that there is no confusion...

49:00
49:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yikes !, July 22, 2008
This review is from: 49:00 (MP3 Music)
Another fantastic effort by Mr. Westerberg. I mean really - how many good songs is one man allowed to write? I have had my ear hooked to his music since the earliest days of the 'Mats and I still have yet to be truly disappointed by one of his group or solo albums. Sure, there have been a few songs that do not make me rave, but I am always amazed by the sheer talent that shines through in all of Mr. Westerberg's musical output. This new album is a stunner through and through. Odd format, but who cares? I was going to listen to them all straight through anyway. When I listen to this album I hear shades of so many great songwriters and yet, I really do not hear anyone else at all. Familiar notes, notions, and ideas filtered through a truly original and ever evolving lens. I just love it. Starting my third listen and I like it better each time. Listen to this one kids - this is how well it can be done. Impressive.

Banvard's Folly: Thirteen Tales of People Who Didn't Change the World
Banvard's Folly: Thirteen Tales of People Who Didn't Change the World
by Paul Collins
Price: $12.23
82 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly insightful, June 15, 2005
I absolutely loved this book. Paul Collins takes thirteen chapters of American myth that have been largely forgotten and turns them into an eye opening treatise on the failure of will, the folly of hubris, and the absolute madness of challenging the status quo. Mr. Collins' style leads to frequent laugh out loud asides while telling the story of folks who either succeeded and then lost, had a mad idea that failed (but not for lack of trying), or who had the sheer will to make themselves momentarily inportant only to be swallowed up by the tide of time. Every person and idea profiled was at one time wildly popular or important and each eventually fell from favor for one reason or another. Sometimes it was common sense that triumphed, sometimes fad ran its course, sometimes folks just got too bizarre for accomodation. I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting a look into uncommon history. Mr. Collins has done us the favor of rummaging through the musty, dusty, long forgotten bookstacks of some of our most prestigious libraries and he has come up with a winner of a book. Save yourself the moldy lungs and long hours of researching the library basements yourself and read this work.

Breville JE900 Juice Fountain Professional Juice Extractor
Breville JE900 Juice Fountain Professional Juice Extractor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer, May 28, 2005
For the money you absolutely cannot go wrong with this product. This thing juices quickly and efficiently and the unit breaks down in a logical sequence for cleaning. This is actually the easiest to clean juicer I have ever used. Almost all of the components are dishwasher safe, but I have found it just as easy to rinse and wash in the sink. 5 minutes tops from start to finish for cleaning by hand. This unit says it can juice "Whole apples" and I'm certain that it can if you can find apples small enough. Why bother? I just knife them in half or quarter them and toss them in like that. No problem. I have made the most wonderful juices using this machine. I count myself as a total convert. Unless you need a gigantic commercial sized motor (running a juice store, juice for a summer Boy Scout camp, etc) then this is really the juicer to use. I caught this on sale and spent right at $100 and I think it is money well spent. A highly recommend product.

OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester with Channel Knife
OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester with Channel Knife
Price: $7.95
17 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Solid, May 26, 2005
This is a wonderfully efficient zesting tool. If you find that you need a zester more than even once a year you should invest in this nifty little product. It boasts solid construction with an easy grip rubberized handle and 5 sharp holes for quick and easy zesting. Very easy to hold and twist when zesting. It even has a little channel knife if you want to do some fancy peeling. This beats the heck out of trying to zest with a cheap grater type device and is vastly superior to trying to zest with the edge of a knife. (As I did for years before I learned better) I use lemon and lime zest quite a bit more than the average person and I see no signs that this tool will dull, break, or wear out anytime soon. Highly recommended tool for any active zester. As easy to wash as a fork. Cool.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (The Criterion Collection)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (The Criterion Collection)
DVD ~ Bill Murray
Price: $9.73
87 used & new from $0.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Call me weird..., May 26, 2005
...but I really enjoyed watching this film. Willem Dafoe carried a manic comic energy throughout that was the perfect foil to Bill Murray's well developed drollery. I thought the take off on the Jacques Cousteau TV specials was spot on and truly humorous. I did not laugh out loud all the way through this film mind you, it is chock full of dull stretches and things that just make you want to scratch your head in puzzlement. I do that all the time with Wes Anderson movies, so I guess this one should be no surprise. I found this film to be clever, smart, profoundly silly, and usually just plain fun. The views of the fanciful sea critters encountered by the crew were very well done and showed a great deal of imagination and wonder at work. The fellow who kept popping up singing David Bowie songs in Portuguese somehow stole my soul and I couldn't get the sounds out of my head. Lovely idea squeezed into a wonderfully odd little film. C'mon, since when does everything have to make sense to be fun?

Bose Wave Multi-CD Changer, Platinum White
Bose Wave Multi-CD Changer, Platinum White
Price: $249.00
8 used & new from $248.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Bose Wave...., May 25, 2005
....radio/CD player with remote. I'm an old school guy who always thought I needed to haul around speakers and a full system anywhere I went to get fantastic music sound. I bought my Bose Wave after hearing one a friend purchased. I was knocked out by the amount of sound and the quality of sound produced by such a compact, mobile unit. I can move this thing from room to room with one hand and when I change homes, I just grab it up and take it with me in the front seat. I have even taken this unit along to friends houses for outdoor parties and you can hear it all over the backyard with no problem. The unit really shines though when you place it properly within a room, put in a CD, and kick back with your remote and adjust the sound to your pleasure. I have been so pleased with this unit that I recommend it to all of my friends and I am saving up my nickels so I can buy another one for the back part of the house. I prefer to keep the volume in the middling range so I can appreciate the subtle tones, but even when it gets jammed up very,very loud I just don't hear much distortion - just more sound. It's a little pricey but Bose lets you pay over a whole year if you'll commit to monthly credit card withdrawals. Kind of hard to beat that! Highly recommended to anyone with a few bucks to invest.

Motorola V551 Phone (AT&T)
Motorola V551 Phone (AT&T)

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this phone....., May 17, 2005
I really like the clamshell design with the rubberized portions on the front and back. The phone doesn't slide off of tables and car seats like my old phones. I have not had any problems at all with the battery life, I have actually found it to be superior to my Nokia and Sony phones. I use it every day and usually only charge it once a week. Luck of the draw on the batteries I guess. The screen quality is gorgeous and sharp, but the camera gets drowned out by any nearby artificial light source - works fine in sunshine though. The only real problem I seem to have is that the volume on the earpiece just will not turn up past a whisper...I've never had a phone where I have to say, "Excuse me?" so many times when I'm already at top volume. No games, but for me that is not a problem. Good reception and once you figure out the keypad it's very easy to use. Don't depend on the manual to teach you anything though. It is just useless- don't even bother trying. Just use good old trial and error and common sense and you'll be enjoying this phone in no time. I would buy this one again even at full price - which I may have done already if Cingular stiffs me on this rebate like they did on the last one. Time will tell. Very good phone for the money.

Lord of the Barnyard: Killing the Fatted Calf and Arming the Aware in the Cornbelt
by Tristan Egolf
Price: $10.16
93 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad day folks........., May 14, 2005
.......I just read that Tristan Egolf, the author, shot himself to death a few days ago. I loved this book for its manic energy and its attention to the details of the assembly line killing and processing of domesticated animals. I can't even imagine standing knee deep in turkey blood slicing off heads all day long for a living. In an odd way this book celebrates individual capitalism and old fashioned gumption like no other. The protagonist studies, tries and fails, tries and succeeds, learns, becomes hopelessly isolated, and gets caught at the wrong end of the paranoia stick more than once. The parallel story track details the assembly line killing of the human spirit which occurs when despair and emotional fragility combine with the quest for the almighty dollar in odd ways in a person's thought process. I enjoyed the energy and the constant seeking for knowledge of the title character. This was truly a fascinating work and I am quite saddened that such an original, twisted, seeking voice has been lost to us all. RIP Tristan.

Basement Tapes
Basement Tapes
60 used & new from $1.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Unpolished Gem, May 11, 2005
This review is from: Basement Tapes (Audio CD)
..."The Basement Tapes" are a wonder no matter who composed them. I just love the songs. Brilliant. This is an odd little slice of Americana constructed by a group (The Band) and an Iconic Leader (Dylan) who were completely steeped in the traditions of folk, country, and rock. The songs can seem difficult on first listen because they are not polished up and glittering with studio tricks. They are just honest songs from the heart of America and Canada that reach out and attempt to open your soul. Repeated listens will solidify the humor, faith, and pain that went into constructing this album. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2