Profile for D.W. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.W. "tv-watching history buff" RSS Feed (Chicago/Boston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Leviton 80436-W 6-Gang Decora/GFCI Device Decora Wallplate, Standard Size, Thermoset, Device Mount, White
Price: $13.21
12 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, July 23, 2014
Great price. Looks good. Easy to install.

Thomas the Train: TrackMaster Stepstool
Thomas the Train: TrackMaster Stepstool
Offered by ****End of Year CLEARANCE ITEM*****
Price: $15.28
5 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, July 23, 2014
Sturdy. Bright colors. Ok price.

Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream 1.7 Oz
Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream 1.7 Oz
Offered by G-Wholesale
Price: $11.99
35 used & new from $8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave me zits, July 23, 2014
This is a very thick and moisturizing cream. After the first night I woke up with skin feeling hydrated. Skip forward 8 days of nightly use: terrible breakout. No other new products.

PRIMO Folding Potty with Handles, White granite
PRIMO Folding Potty with Handles, White granite
Price: $7.58
12 used & new from $7.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small and rickety, May 22, 2014
This was just too small and didn't seem stable enough. Plus the peepoo hole is too small! We returned it.

Dora The Explorer Butterfly Buddies Soft Potty Seat
Dora The Explorer Butterfly Buddies Soft Potty Seat
Price: $12.99
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits most toilets, May 22, 2014
We have 3 of these (1st was a gift; subsequent others purchased from Amazon after successful use). It is comfy padding (I presume comfy - the padding is quite thick and has some squish to it). The handles are great for keeping my daughter's hands busy instead of touching other things. While it does slide around on some larger toilets, I'd say it fits well to about 75% of toilets we've used it on.

Summer Infant Keep Me Clean Disposable Potty Protectors, 20 Count
Summer Infant Keep Me Clean Disposable Potty Protectors, 20 Count
Price: $8.78
10 used & new from $7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars We would be so unhappy without these, May 22, 2014
I can't live without these. Our 2 yo is recently potty trained. While that is happy making, it is also sad making now that she has to go into every disgusting public toilet. These are life savers. They're big enough to cover the entire width of the toilet in case she puts her hands down. Then we place our potty ring (Dora) on top of it. It's a plasticky type of material, so all the pee puddles don't soak through onto her or Dora. Well worth it. We tried another brand - can't remember the name - and it was too small so we're sticking with these.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing to dislike - rarely give 5 star reviews, April 26, 2014
Well written. Good character development. All like able but with realistic flaws. I loved how it all came together at the end - even if a bit predictable - bc so well written. Even the epilogue added to the book's "aftertaste ".

Life After Life: A Novel
Life After Life: A Novel
by Jill McCorkle
Price: $9.38
143 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Why did I buy this?, April 22, 2014
I can't remember how this book came to my reading list, but wish I did so I could complain to the source. I tried, and tried, and tried but couldn't latch on to the plot or characters. It's well written but boring. It takes too long for the pieces to come together and I gave up. You can read other reviews for a detailed summary, but for me just dry reading.

Maybe He's Just an Asshole: Ditch Denial, Embrace Your Worth, and Find True Love!
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars superficial, April 18, 2014
Some anecdotes funny and true; several superficial and immature. Not as funny as I'd hoped. "Letters" didn't have heart and they came across a bit tinny.

This Is Where I Leave You: A Novel
This Is Where I Leave You: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars enh, April 3, 2014
This is a family "dramedy" book. It was ok, but there the editing seemed loose and sections I skimmed over. Like an over written movie script. That said, it's easy, light reading but a bit feeling less in the end. Like a Judd Apatow movie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5