Profile for Rachelle E. Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachelle E. Williams RSS Feed (Mississippi)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire)
Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire)
Price: $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars if you like technology, suspense, romance, and/or a strong female lead - PICK UP WEB OF DECEIT!, March 8, 2015
This is the second book of Susan Sleeman's that I've had the pleasure of reading. Although, Web of Deceit "captures" you quite unlike her other books. This is a general market release, but is still a clean read. The storyline is so interesting to read.

Kait is changed forever when her sister Abby is murdered by Kait's brother-in-law. From page one you are struggling to understand how this can happen in a family - quite literally in the same house as other family members. You are also very curious as to Fenton's past and what happened to cause this confrontation. You learn just how far gone Kait's brother-in-law is mentally.

Detective Sam Murdock is VERY much Kait's opposite. She is part of the Cyber Crimes FBI Division and he can hardly operate his phone, much less understand the intricacies of Cyber Crimes. This is a case of opposites attract - which I LOVE, and it is neat to watch the scenario unfold in a new book time and again. Their attraction in Web of Deceit is no different.

Fenton Rhodes/Vyper leads Kait and Sam on a killing spree that tests both the FBI and Portland Police and eventually both Kait and Sam - and their brewing relationship. Why? and Why now? are questions that you will ask yourself just like I did throughout the story. (You want Kait and Lily to live a peaceful life after their initial horror, but their lives will be turned upside down over the course of the story.)

I loved the technical/computer/technology focus of the book and would love to see a series result from this and include Nina and Jae and Becca. This was very much a type of series that I could connect with because of the technology aspect (and I imagine other young adults, similar in age to myself would also enjoy this as well). The strong female characters involved - Kait, Nina, Becca, and Jae are VERY interesting and I would love to read more about them, their lives, and their roles, opportunities, and cases at work. (I would love to watch this play out in TV or movie form also...anyone out their reading this that could make that happen??)

Regardless of whether you read Christian Fiction or General Market material - if you like technology, suspense, romance, and/or a strong female lead - PICK UP WEB OF DECEIT!

*I was provided an e-copy of Web of Deceit by Susan Sleeman as part of her Partners in Crime readers/review group in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Christmas, Actually: The Christmas Gift\The Christmas Wish\The Christmas Date
Christmas, Actually: The Christmas Gift\The Christmas Wish\The Christmas Date
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ..these novellas have me falling hard for their work!, February 4, 2015
The Christmas Gift by Anna Adams

Sophie and Jack's story is very interesting. I know that a nurse and a surgeon is a little cliche', but in this case it definitely works! Sophie and Jack's background seems to draw them together. (I know from experience that being friends first means a whole lot!!) I was really struggling to move forward in the book some, because I was a little uneasy about how it would end. I'm SO glad that I kept reading! This glimpse into Sophie and Jack's life, makes me wish this was a full novel instead of just a novella! This was the hardest of the three stories for me to really get into and enjoy. It was a nice read, don't get me wrong, but wasn't quite as captivating to me as the other two novellas.

Christmas Town seems a little overbearing at first (in novella one), but it grows on you throughout the stories!

The Christmas Wish by Anna J. Stewart

Callie seemed to be begging for her own story in the brief glimpse we received of her in The Christmas Gift. I'm very glad her story was next! I love a good-looking Irish man! (Maybe that's just my blood - I've heard we are Irish, but have yet to confirm it for my self in my genealogical adventures!) Dean is a very unique character. I don't think I've ever actually read about a photographer/journalist moving (literally) from location to location quite like that! Teachers are faced with so much (I had a brief glimpse of high school teaching - two weeks as a long term substitute and substantial collegiate experience in college and graduate school.)! I was glad that the care and compassion shined through in this story! It takes a special person to teach this age group and a teacher as loving as Callie needed this unexpected interaction with Eliza and Dean. I must admit at first I was sure this was headed in a Dennis the Menace direction, but was happily surprised by the improving strides made in Eliza's demeanor.

The time frame in this story is unrealistic (as it typically is in novellas, but this is a wonderful story nonetheless!) I was intrigued by Nick and Adam in this story and was glad to keep reading!

The Christmas Date by Melinda Curtis

Gina the Teapot Shop Owner is hurting so much! Nick is the dependable handyman around town. They seem very much an unlikely pair and appear to have been lifelong friends. I love their interactions so much! It is very down to earth and reminds me of a couple of people in my own life. Gina starts acting odd in anticipation of her meeting with her online "boyfriend". Nick can't help but give her sound advice and a little to think about... Gina sounds absolutely adorable! (I love the idea of owning a coffee shop. I've toyed with it for a couple of years, but don't think I quite have what it takes...) Nick is an exceptional man! I hope the idea of projects is not true and running for public office seems a bit of a stretch right now. Football20 seems....interesting to say the least! He certainly isn't the most "dependable" man for Gina. I can only imagine the "characters" in her coffee shop in Aunt Martha and Gina's mom and dad! Oh wow!

This novella ended the way I wanted - I was glad for that! The other stories kept me on my toes, this one not so much, but it was my favorite in the whole set! I liked the additional information we gathered at the end of "The Christmas Date", but would have liked to have seen this in the other stories as well somehow.

I don't think I've read anything by any of these authors before, but these novellas have me falling hard for their work! I used to receive the Harlequin Heartwarming books monthly, but I didn't have room for anymore paperback books in my house and had to give it up. I'm so glad they've continued these offerings!

*I received an e-copy of Christmas, Actually from Prism Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. I was not required to give a positive review.

The Preacher's Faith (Red River Romance Book 1)
The Preacher's Faith (Red River Romance Book 1)
Price: $3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I look forward to reading more of Faith and Asa's story and hope for a sequel or prequel!, February 4, 2015
I have come to love Caryl McAdoo's writing style and her fresh, quirky characters and well crafted settings. This book is Caryl's free e-book for the February "The Caryler" newsletter/email subscription. She is giving away a free ebook every quarter of 2015.

This is Caryl's first attempt at a novella and was a delightful read that I finished in a day of reading, a couple of hours at a time. This is also my first read of a Contemporary Christian Romance by Caryl.

Faith is a hardworking horse trainer who's father has fallen ill. She made a promise to him that she would marry the person who fit her qualifications before he dies, so that he can walk her down the aisle.

Dad (Johnson) is a caring and loving father who has a terminal illness. He loves to play Scrabble and has many qualities that Faith can identify in Asa.

Aunt Iris is Dad's younger sister and is somewhat of a matchmaker and dearly loves both Dad and Faith, and soon enough Asa Davidson.

Asa Davidson is a very interesting character to say the least and is a person that you wouldn't necessarily expect to chose the ministry, but very much relies heavily on the Lord and does not shy away from his faith.

This cast of characters are very interesting and you learn more about the Red River Valley in this first novella of Mrs. McAdoo's. I look forward to reading more of Faith and Asa's story and hope for a sequel or prequel!

*I recieved a copy of The Preacher's Faith by Caryl McAdoo for review purposes as part of the Christian EVALUators group. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own.

You can sign up to receive "The Caryler" here:http://carylmcadoo.com
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2015 9:28 PM PST

A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a good read...and SUSPENSE then do yourself a favor and pick up A Fresh Start!, January 31, 2015
This review is from: A Fresh Start (Kindle Edition)
My take:

I was contacted by Ms. Grace regarding reviewing A Fresh Start. I readily agreed to review after reading the book description. It had me intrigued about the novel's plot. This is the first book that I've read by Trisha Grace and if every book sucks you in and keeps you wanting to read and read and read (and try to finish it in one sitting) I want to read them all!

I started reading this book while traveling with my husband recently. I was drawn into the book from the first page and had a hard time doing anything else, talking to my husband during our drive was pretty much out - that is until he started asking about what I was reading. I gladly filled him in every time I took a break. He seemed interested in the book, particularly toward the end.

Paige and Drew (Andrew) in the opening scene have you intrigued by what has happened for this to be the solution. It feels like the start to a good action or suspense movie and by the way I was captivated by the book description, let alone the first page - it could be!

From the sounds of it, I want to move to Pine, Wyoming. I am "in love" with the idea of the West. I've traveled out there some and it has a mystique that I love and am drawn to. You don't read many book set in Wyoming unless they are through and through Western - type romances, but other than some references to places in the area, this book could be set anywhere but I love that it is set in Wyoming nonetheless.

Justin Doyle seems like the boy next door and apparently was just that for Amanda and Travis growing up and the three were childhood friends and continue to be close.

Ah! The Seymour's - you feel like you know them personally, they feel like your grandparents or that nice old couple from the restaurant, the store, church (anywhere really!).

Paige has run to Wyoming for a reason and wants to feel safe. Justin ends up helping her repair her house due to God's mysterious ways. The story between them is so very captivating and might be the first story I've read of it's kind. (We've all seen a Lifetime movie or two with a similar plot though.) The plot twist BLEW MY MIND!

If you are looking for a good read (not light by any means - this is a lengthy book and I was so glad. I didn't want to put it down.)and you like a little bit of romance, a touch of small town life, and SUSPENSE then do yourself a favor and pick up A Fresh Start by Trisha Grace.

I would love to see a sequel or even a prequel to this story!

Side note: Yes, like others mentioned there are some text/editing issues. Although, I believe that the author is not a native English speaker and as such there are slight wording problems. THIS DOES NOT DETRACT FROM THE STORY IN MY OPINION.

*I was provided an e-copy of A Fresh Start by Trisha Grace in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Prelude: Prequel to The Lewis Legacy Series
Prelude: Prequel to The Lewis Legacy Series
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The people of this town grab you by the heart and you feel right at home and connect with the characters., January 31, 2015
I came across the author - JoAnn Durgin in a Christian Book or Book Review group that I'm a part of on Facebook. I sent her a message inquiring about the review opportunity that she mentioned. We talked about the other authors that I've worked with recently and strangely enough found a lot of common ground. It was so fun and nice to chat with her a little bit before reading the book. She commented on the Amazon email address that I provided and I mentioned that it is because I've always been a little bit of a tomboy. She said that it's funny that I said that and would know why when I started reading Predlude - I must admit, with such a gorgeous cover I couldn't understand how that would have anything in common with the story, but boy does it. :)

Reading Prelude, set in Texas in the early 1960s was a time period and location that I felt connected to because my mom was born in Texas about the same time (my grandpa was stationed out there in the Air Force). The time period and the setting of Rockbridge was so charming! I think this is the first time I've read a book set in this time and most certainly set in Texas.

Sarah and Tess are very interesting people and quite opposites to be sisters. I suppose that is no different from any other siblings. Debbie is adorable!

Sam oozes charm, that hometown boy trust, and a quite praise and confidence in him.

The people of this town grab you by the heart and you feel right at home and connect with the characters, Rockbridge, and the daily activities depicted in the novel. I suppose that might be because of the areas that I grew up and am currently living that are definitely "small town" - no doubt about it, but I feel at home in an area like that and very much out of place in bigger cities.

Sarah and Sam's friendship, struggles, and triumphs are very real and relatable. You are cheering for them a little way into the story, probably beginning with the "scene" involving Kathy Parker. It was so nice to vividly read the values of Sam and Sarah and the importance families used to take in their children's lives and relationships. I was raised the same way (thank you mom and dad - particularly in this day and age - and it's nice to know that others can experience it, even if through this story, that care and consideration should be taken in your appearance, your relationship with your significant other, and to not be put in uncomfortable or reputation damaging situations.

Sam and Sarah's relationship starts out with childhood friendship. This was poignant to me, because my husband and I started out as friends in high school. It's funny the parallels that touch you when you read and you realize it's because you've been there or experienced some of that yourself. They are now adults and are figuring out their lives in and out of Rockbridge, Texas and eventually their life together.

I was sad to finish this story, it was so refreshing and a touching read for me. I laughed and cried throughout the novel and I hope you will do the same.

This is the first book that I've read by Mrs.Durgin, so I don't know the rest of the family like some of her readers, but I'm greatly anticipating reading more about this family and their faith and love stories moving forward with great a great foundation in their patriarch Sam and matriarch Sarah Lewis.

* I was provided an e-copy of Prelude by JoAnn Durgin in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

$10 Great Dates: Connecting Love, Marriage, and Fun on a Budget
$10 Great Dates: Connecting Love, Marriage, and Fun on a Budget
by Claudia Arp
Price: $9.18
67 used & new from $1.03

4.0 out of 5 stars $10 Great Dates was written really well and was broken down ..., January 31, 2015
I've had this book for awhile. It took me awhile to read it and then a couple more thumb throughs, before I was able to write an honest review of the book.

This is the first time that I've read a book, that I remember, by either the Larson's or the Arp's. $10 Great Dates was written really well and was broken down into very manageable sections. I liked how each date category was separated into a broader type. The dates themselves are broken down into a little bit of background provided by either the Larson's or the Arp's, "The Idea", "Before Your Date", "On Your Date", "Talking Points", and a "Great Date Takeaway".

This book provides several great date ideas that I liked and were truly good ideas, some of these dates are a little far-fetched, and some of these ideas are perfectly do-able date ideas. My favorite part of the book is the "talking points" and the "Great Date Takeway". I suppose that I had such a hard time reviewing this book, because I know that very little of these ideas are ones that my husband would go along with. I know that shouldn't cloud my judgement and I hate that it has taken me this long to write a review, but I've really struggled because my view of the book is tempered by my knowledge that I'm not going to be able to appreciate but a couple of these date ideas. I'm going to go back through the book again and come up with a list of dates that I want to have in 2015 and see how many I am able to "accomplish". Thank you to the Larson's and Arp's for providing us an insight into your wonderful dates and setting up a framework we can easily and affordable follow to accomplish the same dates!

*I was provided a print copy of $10 Great Dates by Bethany House Publishers Blogger Review Program in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes Book #3): A Novel
Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes Book #3): A Novel
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The novel opens like a Hollywood action movie (and keeps you gripped just the same.), January 31, 2015
This is the first novel I've read by Lisa Harris. I was "introduced" to her on a Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt (I'm not sure which one now...). I've been following her blog (http://myblogintheheartofafrica.blogspot.com) for awhile now. Back in October, she was looking for influencers for Hidden Agenda and Taken on her newsletter. I requested to join and was so happy to receive Hidden Agenda a little while later to review. (I hope that I can continue to help spread the word about her work as an influencer!)

Where do I start with this novel?.....

Liam Quinn/Michael Hunt is in a bad predicament. Is he going to leave this assignment dead or alive? He is seconds from death in the first few pages... His story is one that will have you crying, cheering, and crying some more.

Ivan witnesses horrific acts and feels compelled to help where he can. He is such a unique and lovable character nonetheless. You root for him just like you would your own brother!

Olivia Hamilton is at odds with these accusations against her father and has doubts about the man she knows and loves. She doesn't know who, or what to believe.

Olivia and Ivan's world is turned upside down in a moment.

The rest of the story is intriguing and full of twists and turns that keep you up at night, trying to finish the book in one sitting. (I unfortunately wasn't able to finish it in one sitting and had to begrudgingly go to sleep, but I was back up and devouring this story again for a couple days.)

The gorgeous Georgia coast setting sounds so beautiful and calming, quite the backdrop for such a story. I suppose that is part of this book's allure. You won't think about some of your favorite vacation spots in the same way again!

(Let me know if you still do after reading this book!)

The novel opens like a Hollywood action movie (and keeps you gripped just the same.) I was kind of surprised by the amount of action going on in this book - it's definitely not a bad thing! It's a nice break from the "typical" Christian Fiction that I normally read and I think I've recently fallen in love with the Christian Fiction Romantic Suspense genre.

Now I have to read the other books in the Southern Crimes Series! (Not right now - eventually. :))

*I was provided a copy of Hidden Agenda from Lisa Harris to be an influencer regarding the book. A positive review was not required. All opinions are my own.

TSUNAMI 2004: Still Wading Through Waves of Hope
TSUNAMI 2004: Still Wading Through Waves of Hope
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This feels very much like the sequel to Crooked Lines, January 31, 2015
This feels very much like the sequel to Crooked Lines, but is very much a work of non-fiction. This touching read answered some questions that I had regarding the true affects of the Tsunami and it's aftermath. Like Holly mentions, you don't know how much aid actually makes it on the ground unless it is done yourself. This is a VERY eye-opening read and I was sad at some of these outcomes, while very happy for others. This book provides a little known glimpse into the Tsunami ravaged region - then and now. It was released on the anniversary of the Tsunami, which was very poignant, but many of us let the day slip by without remembering this tragic event.

Tsunami 2004 chronicles Bishop Leo and Holly's efforts in 2004 and their trip in 2014. The ups and downs, the happy moments and the sad moments, and the sudden turn the trip took.

Thank you Holly for telling your and Bishop Leo's story. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of these wonderful people and their struggles and triumphs.

I don't have much experience reviewing non-fiction, but couldn't wait to read this book. Holly writes beautifully and their story is told so well. I look forward to many more good reads from Holly.

*I recieved a copy of Tsunami 2004: Still Wading Through Waves of Hope from Holly Michael for review purposes as part of the Christian EVALUators group. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Beyond All Dreams
Beyond All Dreams
Price: $9.18

5.0 out of 5 stars pick up this AMAZING read by Elizabeth Camden, January 29, 2015
This review is from: Beyond All Dreams (Kindle Edition)
This is the second or third book that I've read by Elizabeth Camden. I've come to count on her for gripping, historical, well-poised stories involving wonderful women in high profile or unexpected positions. This novel wasn't short on any of that. This novel felt drastically different from the others I've read. I'm not sure if it's because Mrs.Camden is very well versed in the life of a librarian or if the story was just that wonderful (I'm sure it's a little of both to be honest.). O'Brien seems to be the "typical" librarian - loves to be left to her books, a little bit of a loner, and tends to shy away from public speaking and limelight. Although all of this was true, she was such a strong, intriguing character. You could picture this entire story so vividly! (At least I could.) Luke's persona screams a little bit bad boy, a little bit rugged gentleman. (My favorite combination!) His nephew and the rest of his family are very relatable. I'm sure we all have family members we could sympathize with Luke with regarding these issues.

Anna won't give up with this mystery that she becomes involved in regarding the ship lost at sea. She seems to be shut down on all fronts. I was very interested to see how the story played out. It's amazing to say the least. (If you are a history buff - this is one of the things you will love Elizabeth Camden for. You remember these topics forever once you read one of her stories!) Luke has his own problems at the moment, but that doesn't stop him from helping Anna uncover the truth.

The setting - the early US Capitol and the previous and current Library of Congress are VERY unique settings for a story. I would love to see more stories set in this time period. The references to inventions and current technology will bring a smile to your face. It helps you realize how far we've come in these areas.

If you are looking for a book that you will have a hard time setting down, love history and a strong female character (and a little bit of romance) - pick up this AMAZING read by Elizabeth Camden (or any of her novels really.)

QUESTION: Have you read any of Elizabeth Camden's novels? What was your favorite? Please leave me a comment. I would love to add more of her work to my TBR pile.

*I received a free e-copy of Beyond All Dreams from Bethany House Publishers Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Crooked Lines
Crooked Lines
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever read a book quite like this...Her writing is unique and I can't put my finger on it, January 20, 2015
This review is from: Crooked Lines (Kindle Edition)
The parallel stories of Sagai and Rebecca are absolutely heart wrenching! I kept reading and reading - you become engrossed in the story. This isn't a love story, or at least isn't your typical love story-yet. The paths the characters face is astonishing! The ending is so touching and unexpected... This book is an absolute delight and isn't a bit like any other book you've read.

Wow! I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever read a book quite like this...Her writing is unique and I can't put my finger on it exactly what it is that means so much to me in regards to her writing. It was an amazing read!!!! I can't wait to read more of Holly Michael's work.

* I recieved a copy of Crooked Lines from Holly Michael for review purposes as part of the Christian EVALUators group. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3