Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Radio Man > Reviews

Browse

Radio Man's Profile

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Radio Man "yarns13" RSS Feed (NY, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
SONY Walkman NW-A25 16G High-resolution sound, Silver, International English Version, Replaces A15
Offered by BuyWise Corp.
Price: $219.99
2 used & new from $219.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This NW-A25 is well....FANTASTIC!, January 13, 2016
This will be a rather short review, especially since I usually end up writing a novel every-time I do a review.

To the point this thing sounds AMAZING. On regular mp3's say at 192k, 256, 320 etc. this A25 is supposed to some how up-sample these tracks to better than CD quality. Well in fact it may be some hocus pocus but it WORKS. Tracks sound amazing. I have lived with a high end Iaudio /Cowan player for a few years as Cowan is well known or was, for the best audio on an mp3 player usually with a horrid GUI. Anyway the Sony just blows away my Cowan going head to head. As to high res tracks I only have a few right now but what I heard sounds just amazing! I'm not driving monster power hungry headphones so I can't speak to that, only that the player has plenty enough volume for me with no signs of straining or clipping. Of lesser importance and not the reason one buys a hgh res player is the A25's FM tuner. It's VERY good. I only really listen to FM when going out for walks and such, but it's a nice addition to have, and FM sensitivity once outdoors is generally a little stronger than any player I have ever had. Sounds more clear, more hifi sounding with rather good sensitivity. The interface on this thing is very simple and I feel a pleasure to use. Navigation is very easy and you don't fight with this player to get your desired track to play. I don't get it..I have seen many reviews on the A series guess it's the A17 which is same as this guy with a bit more on board storage I think is the only difference. In any case many complain that it's difficult to know when you turn this off, it's off. I actually LIKE the fact all you need do is press ANY button on the A25 and it will turn on VERY convenient. To turn off you simply hold the option button down maybe a second and 1/2 and it's OFF. You can't just barely touch a button and it will turn on, you have to purposely push a button. I have had this thing in a coat pocket, once off it stayed off...anyway I don't know what the fuss is about it turns on too easily. Some have complained it's cheapy feeling? It's perfect IMO..a mix of aluminum on the front and a nice rigid matt plastic on the back. Yes it's light, but do you need a 2 pound little mp3/high res player? This thing is GREAT...battery life seems to last forever...the sound is great..I love this little guy. I think for the price...the A25 is just great. I bought a 128gig micro sdxc card I don't think I will ever need more memory than this. Of course everyone is different in this area of how many gigs will you need. Great little player with fantastic sound. 5 stars all the way!

SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump - Queen Size
Offered by SoundAsleep Products
Price: $164.95
8 used & new from $101.96

5.0 out of 5 stars This airbed is simply incredible especially for it's price!, October 14, 2015
You can pretty much just read my headline and that's about it. :)

We recently sold our home and we had to move out so fast we are forced to rent for a couple months until our new home will be ready for us to move in. We were forced to put all our furniture into storage, as the small rental we are at now can't accommodate any of our furniture except a few chairs and some pots and pans. I knew we would need a bed so after reading a ton of great reviews on this SoundAsleep Series Air Mattress I figured it was so inexpensive it's worth a try as we needed a mattress for the apartment, but being our real mattress is stuck in storage I didn't want to buy another real mattress just for our rental as it's just going to be a couple months. I'll get to the point.

In the past I have owned the original aero bed which I NEVER liked, and basically thought it was horrible. I never heard of THIS brand so my expectations were frankly very low. I got the bed...turned on the attached airbed and was BLOWN away. As in blown away with the quality of this airbed. The air compressor is like part of the bed..not some huge ugly thing ATTACHED to it..it sits flush n the mattress somehow. Anyway once inflated this mattress is actually more comfortable for me than my $1,000 mattress currently stuck in storage was. I do need a new box spring for my real mattress, still though this airbed is simply GREAT! It seems durable, it looks good, it's comfortable it's GREAT. Oh I said GREAT already! This is one of the best products have bought all year I am TOTALLY surprised. 5 stars all the way! If you need an extra bed, or a bed for guests etc.this thing is simply incredible!

VXi BlueParrott Reveal Bluetooth Headset with Extendable Boom (Silver) - Industry Leading 90 % Noise-cancelling Headset
Offered by VXi BlueParrott
Price: $98.00
5 used & new from $82.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Great, April 3, 2015
I am in sales and I use my phone and Bluetooth headset constantly during the day as I travel to see many customers thru-out the day. Like many I have tried just about every Bluetooth out there. Plantronics Voyager, Jabra Supreme, Blue Ant..even high end stuff like etymotics. My best bluetooth devices were always from VXI by FAR!! The famous Blueparrot 250 and I even bought the 350. Still though I drive a car, not a truck, so those were a bit overkill and just not THAT comfortable all day as they are large and heavy well compared to the smaller in ear types of bluetooth headsets. Long story short I was so impressed with my older Blueparrot I had hoped VXI put a blueparrot in a much smaller in ear unit such as the reveal. The good news is seems they mostly succeeded. People I speak to hear me VERY clearly and just like the larger VXIs, seems they have noise cancellation WELL under control, yet my voice is crystal clear to callers I have been told, WAY better than Plantronics, and Jabra. On the receiving end calls sound very clear and SLIGHTLY louder than my Voyager and Jabra Supreme but not night and day louder OR clearer. The bluetooth is nice looking...battery life seems really good and again most importantly for me, sound quality borders on superb. I took one star off because no matter what ear gel I used..even with the supplied ear hook(s) this Reveal feels sort of loose or floppy in my ear. MAY just be I have odd sized ears..:) but had the fit been a little more secure, I'd give this Reveal a SOLID 5 stars. It doesn't actually fall out of my ear but just doesn't feel secure and it bothers me. Could be it may fit you JUST fine and the weight and all makes it feel very comfortable..even though mine feels just a bit too loose. Overall I highly recommend this Bluetooth and just may be your favorite one yet...just hope it fits your ear a bit more snug than it fits my ear..
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2016 12:28 PM PST

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GM5KK DSLM Mirrorless Camera with Eye Viewfinder, 12-32mm Lens Kit (Black)
Offered by Cameta Camera
Price: $579.00
14 used & new from $499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cameras I have ever had!!, February 19, 2015
I have owned this GM5 for well over 6 weeks. I wanted to wait a while before I wrote a review so I would not be writing like an excited little kid. Often people, including myself review an item too quickly. Later some of the negatives may start to bug you, but the review you posted may already be a rave, and not really true. Well then, in this case I have had plenty of time to put the GM5 thru various situations and the more I use it, the more I like it. I REALLY wanted a take with you everywhere camera, BUT I did not want an RX100III which I had because I always felt the IQ was a big compromise. That said, I also owned the LX100 for a while thinking IT may be the small camera I always wanted. NO, I found images mostly too mushy and color was always off, especially skin tones had to battle with raw just to get colors right in nearly every picture. :( Interesting that both the LX100 and GM5 are both Panasonics but the color output on the GM5 is NOTHING like the LX100 which was JUST off..UNLESS I somehow had a bad copy. As to Micro Four Thirds I have owned my share of cameras such as the EM5 and even the EM1 which I eventually sold to get into Full Frame. Well then, having owned the EM1, to my eyes the IQ on this GM5 is every bit as good as the EM1 was. Thing is who needs a smaller sensor if you are going to stick in a camera like an EM1 which is just about as large as my Full Frame Sony A7II. I am not knocking the EM1!!, it is a beautiful camera in every way..rocket fast built like a tank everything about it was fast, fluid, fast BUT it was LARGE. So think of the GM5 as an EM1 that shrunk down about 50% well sort of. The GM5 is plenty quick and I have found auto focus to be very accurate and very quick, though not as fast as the EM1 but really good. The tiny evf IS small, but makes a world of difference to me vs holding your camera out like a smartphone trying to frame your shots on an lcd screen that often will be washed out from the sun. Specifically to me, the IQ on this GM5 is like, amazing! The fact that it IS so tiny time after time, once I check my sd card on my computer I am blown away that this TINY camera has such great IQ. By the way I usually prefer shooting with a prime lens. BUT this TINY kit zoom that comes with the GM5 is just crazy GREAT. It is sharp at all focal lengths..and the optical image stabilization is quite AMAZING there's that word again. I can frequently get tack sharp pictures at just about 1/5 of a second over and over. That said, then you no need reach for crazy high isos. I'd say the high iso is just about the same as the EM1 guess you can check that D X...well YOU know site. I find dynamic range to be excellent..even better than what it's supposed to be. The pictures you get from the GM5 are just in another league from the Sony RX100's of the world as I had two models the original and the III. I am not too proud to not use a touch screen, think of it as just another tool, Works great here on the GM5 and all I can say is this camera just constantly amazes me. Should a roofer not use a hammer JUST because it may be helpful? Well a good touchscreen can be of help sometimes too..just another useful tool and works well on this GM5. I have owned WAY too many cameras but this guy is a true keeper for what it is. WHICH is, a VERY small take with you camera that will yield GREAT IQ and it can be your only camera, OR can certainly compliment a dslr or any mirrorless camera out there. I often bring it with me along side of my A7II. What a great little camera it's worth the money, it's unique.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 6:30 PM PDT

Sadapter 999765-SNCA Nano SIM to Micro SIM Card Adapter - Retail Packaging - Gray
Offered by biddeal_co
Price: $9.53
7 used & new from $6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars It JUST works!, February 19, 2015
Very simple, it works as described. The sim card fits like a tight glove. I am able to switch EASILY from my Windows Phone Nokia 1520 to my Galaxy Note 4 with this adapter in the Note 4 with NO problems. Seems well made for something so tiny. Simply..it WORKS.

OXO Good Grips Pro Y-Peeler
OXO Good Grips Pro Y-Peeler
Price: $12.95
11 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am reviewing a peeler??, November 7, 2014
This will be quick. I'm not one to review something as simple as a peeler BUT this thing is SO much better than the peeler it replaced..a Rachel Ray, I just had to say something. It literally can peel 5-10 times faster and easier than a typical peeler. Looks like it's built to last..my wife loves it. May cost a couple more dollars than some other peelers..but it's just SO well made and comfortable to use. Great peeler!

Galaxy Note 4 Case, i-Blason [Scratch Resistant] Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case / Cover with TPU Bumper for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 [SM-N910S / SM-N910C] (Clear)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clear case for the Note 4, November 7, 2014
After ordering a similar see thru clear rubbery type plastic case from another manufacturer and it DIDN'T fit right, I was a bit nervous that THIS i-Blason would have the same problems. By problems..my first case looked nice, but the plastic covering over the volume controls rendered the volume controls useless, as you could not really use the up/down motion of the Note 4 Volume controls.
Long story short THAT case is now going to sit in a drawer as IT is useless. The -Blason case here is JUST about perfect! Every cutout, hole, everything lines up perfectly with my Note 4 and MAY even make the phone a little better looking.:) No issues now with the volume controls..this case has two raised parts of plastic covering the volume control rocker switch..anyway it's PERFECT. I suppose this KIND of case is not THE most protective in the world, but it should protect the phone from lots of scratches and unintentional dings. Also the back part of the case has 4 TINY raised corners you won't even notice..but seems will raise the Note JUST enough, that the camera lens WILL be protected from hitting a surface though by only a millimeter or so, but it's good! I have the T-Mobile Note 4...and the only ALMOST negative thing I have to say is, one of the holes that covers one of the tiny microphone openings on the bottom of the phone JUST, JUST clears the tiny hole in the phone, the mic. BUT it does COMPLETELY clear it so no issue..but a tad off center. I GUESS this is why so many people here say it fits a Verizon Note 4 just fine because I think the mic holes on the phone are SLIGHTLY in a different area on the T-Mobile and Verizon model. None the less the case is darn near perfect..very happy with the case.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 7:50 PM PST

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case, [REVISED] J&D [Shock Resistant] Note 4 Case [Soft Bumper] Slim Protective Premium Jelly Case for Note 4 (Matte)
Offered by J&D Tech
Price: $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, November 7, 2014
This case was exactly what I was looking for, for my new Galaxy Note 4 phone. A very thin, see thru,sort of rubbery case...just enough protection in case of a tiny drop of the phone.It won't protect the phone if you drop it 6 feet onto a sidewalk..well maybe it would.

The case looks nice, seems to offer enough protection FOR this sort of thin type minimal case. Thing is I could not use it, as the plastic that covers the volume buttons renders the volume up/down pretty much useless. From the pictures I thought maybe there were cut outs where the volume buttons were. Instead you get one raised piece of plastic...but in my case I could not raise or lower the volume. Seller was great in that they shipped so quickly, It think well intentioned,well packaged..inexpensive, but the case is useless for me as I could no longer adjust the volume levels with the case on. I bought a similar case next day from I-Blason and it's very similar to THIS case but every cut out AND volume controls on the phone work perfectly...oh well so this case did not work for me.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100K 4K, Point and Shoot Camera with Leica DC Lens (Black)
Price: $697.99
39 used & new from $460.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT take with you anywhere camera but..., November 4, 2014
I recently owned the Sony RX100III so I know a little about BOTH of these cameras.

Actually when my lx100 arrived I actually thought it was smaller, than what I thought it might be. The thing is the lens while the LX100 is off, protrudes a bit similar to an RX1 and the EVF protrudes just a little in the back of the camera too, so that's where the larger size vs the rx100 mostly comes into play. The actual body is rather small, so in my opinion this IS a very easy camera to take with you nearly anywhere. I'd never put an $800 camera IN a tight pocket, for that I'd use my darn cell phone. Anyway enough about size.

I won't write a long book here I'll try and get to the major points.

The IQ of the LX100 ABSOLUTELY beats the rx100III if IQ is your main requirement. Handling again goes to the LX100 vs the Sony, and the auto focus seems to be more accurate on the Panasonic as well, vs the Sony. As to the lens...you can get beautiful SMOOTH silky Bokeh out of this LX100. The RX100III's bokeh if you could get any, was rather rough. The LX100'S IQ just looks more in the ballpark of say an EM1 or GX7 where the Sony's IQ was really good..but just never anything THAT great.
That said, I feel the Sony's lens seemed to be a bit sharper corner to corner and to me skin tones look better on the Sony as well.
Using raw I found the LX100 to have a lot more latitude in dynamic range than the RX100 and colors are actually really GOOD just not Fuji great..or hate to say it..as of late Sony great..In my opinion.:)

I struggled a bit at first with the menu on the lx100, seems every time I customized a button etc..soon as I turned it off then on again my settings were lost. Be sure to use one of the Custom settings available, I believe thee are three, C1, C2, and C3..So you can have three different custom setups which is really nice.

As to higher ISO it's no contest the LX100 will Kill the Sony, again I have files from both cameras. I had a GX7 way back and not sure why, seems the LX100 can do better high iso retaining lots of detail and less noise than even the GX7 had.

Now to the MEH part. The camera takes really nice pictures..but it's not nearly as sharp as say a Ricoh GR which I owned, nor can it's IQ equal an x100s etc. BUT it's a much more versatile camera than either of those...and I think that is key here. Versatility. Yikes how many times have written VERSATILE and I'm not done. :)

You get a camera with VERY good IQ, a very fast lens as to aperture, generally sharp lens at all focal lengths. The camera feels great in the hand, and feels very solid and well made. The EVF is really good..as is the lcd (too bad it doesn't articulate) somehow that does not bother me though. For me this LX100 is as easy to take just about anywhere as the RX100III, but I feel you will consistently get better overall IQ, battery life also seems excellent. Depends on your wallet, this COULD be your ONLY camera..but to me the LX100 seems more well suited as a second camera to maybe a better mirror-less camera or a good DSLR that's just too big and you DON'T want to use it as it's too bulky. Honestly I think this camera would be a steal if it were priced more around $699 but the lens must be very expensive to make and the body and controls are quite good..so this camera just may be the most "versatile" SMALL camera you can buy these days. One thing that may bother you? Soon as you turn the camera on the lens will extend out about 5-6 inches roughly..then zoom internally. I mention that as maybe for street photography for example, an RX100 is a much less conspicuous camera than an LX100 with a 6 inch lens barrel sticking out oh well. BUT,If it's really good IQ you are after and versatility, again with that word?? I can't see anyone NOT liking this camera.

UPDATE: I've now owned this LX100 now for about two weeks and I just updated it to 5 stars from 4. The IQ is actually even better than I thought..dynamic range has been GREAT a pleasant surprise I was not expecting. I spent one day with this LX100 and my Sony A7S together in a beautiful Arboretum here in NY. Lots of leaves changing color, Old Mansions, fine detail in some old brick buildings there, all that good stuff. The LX100 was a great camera to have with me vs my A7S that has a large heavy 70-200mm zoom glued to it as of late. Point being the LX100 was a great compliment to my larger Full Frame camera, but I was surprised at JUST how great the IQ was from this Panasonic. Again having owned the RX100III, to me this LX100 is just in another class ABOVE the small Sony. This camera is really growing on me, wasn't expecting that. :)
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2016 10:57 PM PST

TomTom GO 500 Portable Vehicle GPS
TomTom GO 500 Portable Vehicle GPS
Price: $178.38
30 used & new from $61.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Let's wave goodbye to TomTom...too bad!, June 14, 2014
I will start this by saying I am in sales and use my gps all day every day as I see many customers all over the place..well in my case Long Island NY. I write that because I am not the type to use a gps for example to just go to a store or something easy on the weekend..I use my gps 5-6 hours a day, every day. So, like many people I have previously owned several Garmins..even a couple Magellan's. Maybe my all time favorite GPS was actually the TomTom 2535. I hated how it was rather buggy, would freeze up..haha may take 4 hours for my computer to recognize it BUT as far as GPS goes..the routing is fantastic...the traffic was GREAT "when it worked". Along side of my 2525 I had the top of the line Garmin 3590 I think the model is/was BUT Garmin's 3d traffic is basically useless...and time after time I felt the TomTom 2535 had the best routing that made sense PLUS the hd traffic was great AGAIN "when it wanted to work". Sorry so fast forward....

The 2535 is rather old now. I hate having to pay for live traffic and maps every year and the processor is so SLOW.. So finally I was very happy TomTom released the new GO500 and I guess GO600. I wanted the latest and greatest and as I say I prefer TomTom over Garmin GPS for what GPS is SUPPOSED to do...get you from point A to Point B in a way that makes sense and the quickest way possible.

I bought the GO500 and first thing I notice is it's just sort of plasticky. The build quality is not as good as my TomTom2535. I turn it on and the screen is not nearly as vibrant as the 2535. Ok, but all that aside comes the horror. Someone at Tomtom must have decided people want THE most simple gps they can make..so the GO500 is like a SUPER DUMBED DOWN 2535.

By Dumbed down I mean there are so many less features. Something as small as you want to see the exact roads the gps has decided on, from where you are to your destination. Well you can't KNOW this anymore. you CAN enlarge the map so much so you can trace the route to see what roads the gps is going to choose for you..but C'MON that's so stupid and counter intuitive. Ok, but I was willing to live with that.

Then I see you can no longer import your saved favorites from many of the older TomToms SUCH as the 2535. So now I have to re bookmark in my case, over 120 customers and places. With GARMIN you simply copy /paste what they call a .gpx file..rename it, BAM you have all your old favorites from an older device. So strike 2 here. As to traffic..well we know with the GO500 you need use your smartphone's data plan. I can't complain about this cause I knew I would need do this. That said, my cell phone plan was not compatible with tethering or data sharing. I had to up my cell phone plan which resulted in an extra $20 a month just so I could share data with the GO500. When the GO500 actually connected to my phone I will say, traffic was excellent. But many times I had to try multiple times to get my HTC ONE M8 to connect to the GO 500. Actually they connected quickly but the data connection may take 3-5 tries. I guess strike 3 or is it strike 4..

I find out the GO500 can only hold 96 favorites THEY call My Places...What?? I have over 120 customers and growing....this GO500 is just so limited!!!!. As far as finding popular POIS, often they simply were not in the unit. Voice control works, but not too well...I had to scream at the darn GPS like a mental patient :), often for it to recognize my voice commands. I dunno...I just HATED this GPS it seems like a GPS made in 1998 or something... Plasticky...dull screen, dumbed down....hated it!! I am not a basher of products t I just HATED this gps it seems like a BETA version or something EARLY beta,...and now after my traffic subscription will expire on my TomTom 2535 I think I may say goodbye to TomTom period. I picked up the newish Garmin 3597 and it's like a Rolls Royce, vs this GO500 which would equal a 10 year old VW Beetle. Anyway this was my experience here, I hate to write such a negative review I was actually a TomTom fan...but this GPS in my opinion is a piece of..junk..SORRY to say!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 8:05 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6