Profile for Kyle M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kyle M. RSS Feed

Bulletstorm - Xbox 360
Bulletstorm - Xbox 360
Offered by Pandy's Toy Box
Price: $17.99
177 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Game with Little Replay Value, February 28, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I've seen a lot of favorable reviews for this game, and honestly I don't really understand why. This game is a gimmick, I knew that when I bought it, but what I didn't know was that the campaign could be beaten quite easily in about 4 hours on the hardest difficulty level. The story is weak at best, and I know that the dialogue is supposed to be vulgar, but after a while it just seems forced. The characters are also some of the most annoying characters I've ever seen in a video game. There were many times I wanted to mute the game to avoid the idiotic phrases.

As far as the Echos and Anarchy mode go, I couldn't bring myself to replay the echoes after beating them once as they are just levels from the campaign, and therefore extremely repetitive. Anarchy mode was fun at first, but again, wave after wave of enemies gets old after about 30 minutes.

A co-op campaign mode would have been a big improvement, but since there isn't one there really isn't much to do after beating the campaign and the echoes. I've had the game for three days and have done all there is to do achievement-wise except for level 65 on anarchy.

Great for a rental or someone who really wants to play the Gears 3 Beta, but it's a disappointment for me.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2011 11:27 AM PST