Profile for Gregory Stromberg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gregory Stromberg "toobeeman" RSS Feed (Sussex, WI)

The End of Fundraising: Raise More Money by Selling Your Impact
The End of Fundraising: Raise More Money by Selling Your Impact
by Jason Saul
Price: $27.80
47 used & new from $9.07

5.0 out of 5 stars cannedwater4kids.org applies new information from this book, September 17, 2011
This book is about a new paradigm shift for charities and their strategies.
It will indeed help you think about a greater impact and how you can help business be a part of your purpose and give them economic value added at the same time.

Our charity cannedwater4kids.org has already used these concepts in a very useful and positive way.

We are working with the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Engineers without Borders on some very big impact projects.

Lots of takeaways and deliverables from this book.

The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water
The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water
by Charles Fishman
68 used & new from $3.18

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Thirst is very personal, May 1, 2011
Must read - You will change how you think about and manage water.

It is like most things here in the US we enjoy and take for granted. When you have your fingers and your toes you don't really think about them. That is, until you have pain or if you are unfortunate to loose them. Every day I turn my faucet on and out comes pure drinking water which I have to admit I don't think much about.

This book is a wake-up call especially to us who have plenty of clean drinking water.

Do you know how many children are dying right now because they can't get clean drinking water?

Great work Charles & with abundance comes stewardship and responsibility.

cannedwater4kids.org

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
by Daniel H. Pink
Price: $18.68
296 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning about this book!, January 4, 2010
If you are a left brain, think twitter is a waste of time and generation Y needs a wake up call do not read this book because you won't get it.

I have always been a fan of Alfie Kohn "Punished By Rewards" and when I tried to instill this thinking at the corporate level at my company in sales I was laughed at and ridiculed. I did apply some of the principles with what I had control over which worked beyond belief. In addition another book I read was Life at the Edge of Chaos by Mark D. Youngblood that talked about the more control you put into a human system the more you constraints you get.

Dan pink has brilliantly condensed and explained in such a concise way the secrets to leveraging the most important asset in any organization the human worker and his brain. The new fuel/application (wisdom) & understanding of old thinking will take your organization to new potentials and probably beyond. This could be one important part of the Holy Grail to the new capitalism.

His "crowdsourcing" business models will be the future of work and how we solve problems together in a non manipulative way giving all people importance/self worth.

Read this book, absorb, apply and then watch out!!

[...]

Pow! Right Between the Eyes: Profiting from the Power of Surprise
Pow! Right Between the Eyes: Profiting from the Power of Surprise
by Andy Nulman
Price: $18.54
54 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise Yourself - Warning Paradigm Shift Will Occur, September 6, 2009
I read a lot of business books and most all have value but usually they also have a lot of filler no value content waste of time stuff. Not the case with this book. I love the writing style which just flows.

You will have a hard time putting down Andy's book. It moves, makes you rethink, reinvent, disrupt but with a commonsense approach. In addition it energizes your brain.

I will tell you that I got one hell of a surprise when I finished this book. I suspect the same will happen to you.

WARNING!!! Read this book only if you want to disrupt your current thought patterns

[...]