Profile for Manzanita > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Manzanita "Nature Nerd" RSS Feed (Sierra Vista, Arizona USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Corning Pyrex Amber Vision Visions Custard Cup
Corning Pyrex Amber Vision Visions Custard Cup
4 used & new from $3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware. Though the Pyrex custard bowl pictured appears ..., April 27, 2015
Buyer beware. Though the Pyrex custard bowl pictured appears to be the small, 6 oz. size, you may be sent the larger size. Since no real description appears with the picture, you can't tell what you're getting.

Cuddl Duds Softwear V-Neck Camisole, Black, Medium
Cuddl Duds Softwear V-Neck Camisole, Black, Medium
Offered by National
Price: $21.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuddl Duds - great for layering in the winter, October 30, 2014
Cuddl Duds run ever so slightly small so if you are in-between sizes and don't want your first layer to have a snug fit, you might want to order up a size. This camisole is very comfortable and silky enough that outer layers slide easily over it. It provides the perfect amount of warmth for working in a chilly office.

ViewSonic VG2028WM 20-Inch Ergonomic Widescreen Monitor with 1600x900 Resolution - Black
2 used & new from $99.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Short lifespan, October 25, 2014
I have loved this monitor but after two years, it has started cycling itself on and off and is therefore unusable.
12/10/2014 Edited to add: Since this monitor quit working within the warranty period, I contacted the company using their online form but never received any kind of response. The 3-year warranty appears to be useless.

Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Simply Taupe,8 M US
Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Simply Taupe,8 M US
Price: $79.95
14 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, washable, cute!, October 8, 2014
I have four pairs of these sandals. I bought the first pair for a Grand Canyon rafting trip and liked them so much that I bought them in a different color. Then, even though both pairs looked brand new even after taking a couple of tours of my washing machine, I got to worrying about them wearing out and being impossible to replace, so I pre-emptively bought two more pairs. I also bought a pair for my daughter, since she kept borrowing mine. These sandals have decent, though not great, traction in wet conditions and are fine for hiking on easy trails. Once the hike is done, they look good enough to wear around town with casual clothing and stay comfortable even after many hours of wear.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Micro-USB AC Adapter Charger Kit OEM Replacement Part - Non-Retail Packaging - White
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $11.60
5 used & new from $8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's OEM, May 4, 2014
I've read a lot of reviews about similar adapters that appear to be counterfeit. This, however, looks and performs like the real deal.

Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my go-to cookbook, February 4, 2014
This is the cookbook I use more than any other. The recipes are never boring. A dish as simple as pasta with lima beans becomes something special when prepared according to this cookbook, and the more complicated recipes, such as the Thai stew, are out-of-this-world delicious. If you're looking to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, this is a great start. Be warned, though - if you're looking to go no-fat or vegan, this is not the cookbook for you, as many recipes include dairy products and/or oils.

Jimmyjane Form 2 Waterproof Vibrator Pink
Jimmyjane Form 2 Waterproof Vibrator Pink
Offered by Legacy Publishing
Price: $122.99
8 used & new from $122.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, January 26, 2014
This vibe was recommended to me for its quiet operation. It's not that quiet! Worse, when it comes into contact with flesh (the whole point, right?), the character of the vibration changes, becoming "rough" - and this is the regular setting, not the up-and-down setting - and the sound is very distracting, besides the fact that it's no longer straight vibration. The only reasons I gave it two stars instead of one are 1) it's rechargeable, and 2) the design is clever. For achieving the desired goal, you'd do just as well with a cheapie Laura Berman vibe.

HUE Women's 3-Pack Jeans Socks,Espresso,One Size
HUE Women's 3-Pack Jeans Socks,Espresso,One Size
Price: $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for work, February 17, 2013
These socks are perfect for wearing to work where there's an "office casual" dress code. They are thinner than athletic socks but not as thin as trouser socks and hold their color well over numerous washings as long as you wash them in cold water and hang indoors to dry. They stay up but do not have an elastic band around the top to cause discomfort over a long day.

AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Foot Cream to Heal, Repair, Soften Dry, Callused Skin on Feet, Heels Podiatrist Approved 3 Ounce
Price: $7.99
10 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff works!, February 17, 2013
My heels have been an embarrassment to me for decades - dry, cracked, peeling (yuck!), no matter what I did. A few years ago, I started a nightly routine of swabbing my heels with Stridex Medicated Pads, letting my heels dry before following up with heavy lotion and cotton socks. This works well but is time-consuming, and I don't always want to sleep in socks. Then, on a whim, after my dermatologist recommended AmLactin lotion for my hands, I decided to try AmLactin Foot Cream. It works better than the Stridex routine, and soaks in and doesn't leave a residue on the sheets when I skip wearing socks. My heels have not been so smooth since I was a kid. No more embarrassment over the appearance of my feet!

Gourmet Today: More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen
Gourmet Today: More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen
by Ruth Reichl
45 used & new from $3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Take your cooking from average to great!, October 27, 2011
I've always been a competent cook but my meals were nothing to rave about. However, that changed when I started using the no-fail recipes from this cookbook. Every recipe I have tried from this cookbook has turned out fantastic.

The clear descriptions and reliable outcomes make trying new recipes a joy. Plus, many of the recipes use newly-available ingredients that are more in tune with the way my husband and I eat today. (Less processed food, more "natural" food, more vegetables.)

Even the old, simple basics, such as steamed sweet potatoes, are fresh and appealing again. Who knew that throwing sweet potatoes into a blender would make them more flavorful?

Some personal favorites:
Pasta with lentils and kale
Black rice pudding
Black rice with scallions and sweet potatoes
Stracciatella soup
Chicken curry with cashews
Cabbage with egg noodles and onions (Sounds homely but it is terrific!)

I'm not telling you to buy this book to lose weight, but honestly, when food tastes this good, it's more satisfying. You eat less and feel good about it. If I could give this cookbook more than 5 stars, I would.

Edited to add: The only negative thing I can say about this cookbook - and this is minor - is that it doesn't include the Strata recipe from the original Gourmet cookbook.

Page: 1 | 2