Back to Business Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Best Books of the Month Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Dan > Reviews

Browse

Dan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dan RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Avantree DEEP BASS Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones | with 3.5mm Audio In | Wireless or Wired | Easy Pair with NFC | 40h Music Time | Super Comfortable - Audition
Offered by Avantree_Direct
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding battery life and excellent overall performer!, December 29, 2015
These headphones rival $100+ pairs out there. I am blown away with the incredible battery life. They easily make the 40 hours Avantree claims (listening at around 75-80% of max volume). If you have a high end pair of headphones these will sound a bit muffled while on Bluetooth. Once you connect the cable and listen wired the sound will improve a bit for sure. They won't give you the same sound as say a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x (of course) but these Avantree hold their own for a pair of sub $50 headphones.

For me they are extremely comfortable and since I work from home a lot I often wear them for 3-4 hours at a time with no problems. Calls sound just fine. I had a few people (1 out of 10 people) tell me that I sounded a bit far away but as long as you speak up at a normal volume the person you're talking to will hear you just fine.

I didn't have huge expectation for headphones at this price and would have been happy if they sounded just ok and if the battery lasted 25-30 hours. The wireless sound was better than I expected and the wired sound is very good especially for the price. The fact that these headphones feature the Aptx codec and NFC made me push the Amazon buy button. Aptx is a must for me since my phone supports it so I might as well take advantage of that. The simplicity of the single sided button placement was a very pleasant surprise. It was super easy to get used to the buttons and made me wonder why other headphones over complicate their buttons.

The bass does hit pretty good but doesn't overpower the mids and highs. The sound isn't metallic or piercing like some other headphones can be so your ears won't tire after extended use. If I were being very critical I'd say the mids & highs could be a bit brighter but I'm being very picky when I say that. Overall its easy to get lost in the music and find yourself dancing in your kitchen or office. The sound stage for the price is very good. Anyone but the pickiest listeners should be really pleased with these Avantree Audition headphones. The overall performance for the money simply can't be beat. I've used over a dozen Bluetooth headphones in the $40-$100 price range and these are my favorite.

ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router (RT-N12)
ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router (RT-N12)
Price: $37.92
69 used & new from $9.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, December 27, 2015
Product works as described. The range is nothing exceptional. I thought range would be better but it does the job in my 2 bedroom condo. User interface is very straight forward and easy to navigate.

Explorer R5 Range Shooting, Patrol and Duty Bag, Black, 17 x 8 x 9-Inch
Explorer R5 Range Shooting, Patrol and Duty Bag, Black, 17 x 8 x 9-Inch
Offered by Action Gear
Price: $21.95
5 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this is a nice bag! That's the first thing I thought when ..., September 30, 2015
Wow this is a nice bag! That's the first thing I thought when this thing arrived. I bought not knowing much about it. Very few reviews (at the time I bought it) but I took a chance. The bag is really well made with nice big zippers and great padding all around. The Velcro wall sleeves can be removed or turned 90 degrees to make 3 separate compartments inside the bag.

The bag feels very sturdy and substantial. I've bragged about it since getting it and now my brother is going to order one. I bought several accessory items when I bought my new handgun but this one is by far the best item I bought. 2 gun sleeves are included to hold 1 gun on either wall. the zippers can come together and be locked with a small travel type lock or small combination lock. There's nothing not to like about this bag. It looks great and functions great. Get one!

Cootree® Portable Car Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with Hands Free Calling and 3.5 Mm Stereo Output for Smartphone, iphone, ipad, Samsung,Motorola,Nokia,SE- Black
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, great price and works like a charm!, September 29, 2015
Absolutely perfect product for those without Bluetooth built into their vehicles. The hands free calling works smoothly. I had 1 person complain that it wasn't perfectly clear but he complains about everything so I take that with a grain of salt. Everyone else said I sounded fine.

The music goes from my Android smartphone (Yes it works with Iphone as well) right to this Cootree and plays through my car speakers. There are no hiccups, no skipping, no weird distortion. Just crystal clear music the way it was intended. The device really does seem to hold an 8 hour charge but it may not last quite that long if you play your music at higher volumes. Keeping mine charged is no problem as I simply use my car charger that plugs into my cigarette lighter and has a Micro USB charging cable on the other end.

I have no idea how anyone can give this product less than 5 stars. It pairs very quickly, plays music flawlessly (unless your music device stutters or something) and lasts for hours and hours when fully charged. Brilliant product and a low price. If you need one buy one ASAP!

Cootree C220 Jogger sports Sweat Proof Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headset with AptX, Hands-Free calling - Black
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best gym headphones I have ever used!, September 28, 2015
What is there not to like about these amazing little headphones? I don't use earbuds because my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor said the sound gets trapped and has nowhere to go with ear buds which can potentially lead to hearing loss down the road.

They charge up quick, last for 3-4 workouts (1.5hrs each workout) and sound fantastic. I love how light they are. You can easily forget you're wearing them. Because of the "on ear" design they can tend to push against the cartilage of your ear just a tiny bit. The first time I wore them my ears were a bit sore after about 3 hours. Since then I've been able to wear these headphones for 4 hours straight which is plenty but I keep them on so long because they sound so good I don't want to take them off.

Music sound stage is wide for such small headphones, They are plenty loud enough and I only listen to them at about 70% even at my gym where they play music in the background (though the background gym music isn't super loud). The bass won't rumble your brain but it's plenty decent to get you entranced in the music you're listening to. They pair up very fast and don't drop connection like some other models can.

I use these headphones while making breakfast and at the gym and if the occasional phone call comes in I can talk hands free as well. It's not a perfectly clear call like when I have the phone to my ear but I've never had anyone say I sounded bad or that they couldn't hear me or understand me. I've had plenty of 2 minute to 20 minute conversations with them and it's gone smooth as silk. Mind you I talk while at home with no wind noise so I couldn't say how they sound outside.

I have literally tried dozens of small/light gym style headphones and they Cootree are superior to any other ones I've tried. These are the only ones I will wear to the gym and I often even choose these at home even though I have far more expensive "Over the ear" bluetooth headphones. While my big headphones do sound great I am often willing to forego a bit of sound for the comfort, super light feel and peace of mind that they won't slip off while I'm ducking my head or reaching up for stuff at home.

I am trying to find something negative so I will say this: When I turn the volume all the way up on the headphones they make a loud beep to let you know you've hit max volume. I wish the beep was a little lower volume. To get around this I keep the headphones at max volume and adjust the volume from my smartphone. Not really a big deal.

The price can't be beat. I strongly recommend these Cootree C220. I have since bought a couple of extra pairs for family and friends.

Meyoung Sports Earbuds Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Headset BT Version 4.1 HD Surround Stereo Bluetooth Sporty Earphone Hands-free Call &Music ,Fit for Sports exercise,Gym,Running. (S501 Cool Black)
Offered by JIETIAN Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for phone calls, very light and comfortable, September 19, 2015
The headphones came with around 70% battery and were fully charged after just 15-20 minutes of charging. These are the lightest Bluetooth headphones I've ever used. They were extremely easy to pair and they paired with my Galaxy Note 4 very quickly. They are very comfortable to wear and after a few minutes you forget you're even wearing them.

I made several phone calls with these headphones and the people on the other end said I sounded very clear. Nobody asked if I was on a Bluetooth headset and they were surprised when I told them I was using headphones to talk to them. The ear loops are very comfortable and the cord is a nice flat cable. It is definitely long enough for anyone even if they have a very large neck.

Unfortunately the ear buds are too big to fully go into my ear canal and they just sort of sit on the outside of my ear canal. When I push them just a bit with my finger tips to get them closer to my ear they sound much better but because they won't stay snug I lose some of the music quality. If they fit your ear canal they will sound very good and you'll have no complaints. For me these are excellent for phone calls but they don't fit quite tight enough for me to use at the gym. They only came with 1 size rubber ear tips attached so I could not use a smaller size to try and make them fit.

A female voice tells you when they power on and off. I like that they don't have a loud noise when you push the volume button all the way up. A subtle sound indicates when you've hit max volume.

I was sent a discounted unit in exchange for my honest review which is exactly what I gave. I've attached a pic so you can see how long the cord is (very long).

ProMix - 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder -CHOCOLATE- 5lb Bulk
ProMix - 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder -CHOCOLATE- 5lb Bulk
Offered by ProMix Nutrition
Price: $106.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dream Come True In The World Of Whey Protein!, September 2, 2015
If you read ingredient lists for other whey protein brands you will be extremely frustrated to say the least. My search to find protein that was free of artificial sweeteners, colors and flavors (let alone trying to find Grass-Fed) has been a nightmare. Either they are expensive and come in tiny 1lb or 2lb containers or they contain Soy lecithin or some other even more harsh emulsifier. I just about gave up trying to find clean protein powder in bulk.

This ProMix powder has been a real gem of a find. Anyone complaining that it has very little chocolate flavor or doesn't taste good is missing the point of this product entirely. If you want super sweet chocolate protein you can find it anywhere. Of course it will be full of artificial sweeteners and a laundry list of other garbage.

The powder blends with water, almond milk or just about anything faster and easier than anything else I've used before. The flavor is very light and natural. It's hard to explain but it gives a subtle milk flavor to water almost like adding milk powder with a hint of coco powder. This product is a dream come true for me. I bought this protein with my own money and I have no affiliation with ProMix but I like this product so much I'm scared it might disappear because it's too good to be true. This protein has a fantastic subtle flavor. If you want more flavor blend it up with almond milk, half a banana and teaspoon of natural peanut butter. That's almost a dessert!

It shocks me how many protein powders are full of toxic crap and how difficult it is to find something clean like this ProMix. It is impossible to get the Isolate proteins that people love without using harsh detergents to strip down the concentrate protein (removing precious amino acids in the process) and large amounts of emulsifiers to make it blendable. Simple clean protein powder should cost less not more. Less has been done to it, less processing, less additives. Why don't other companies follow this trend? I hope more companies start following this example. I added a picture so you can see what clean protein should look like.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Smatree® SmaPole Y1 Telescopic Pole(17.5″ to 48.5″) for GoPro Hero, Hero4 Session/Black/Silver, 3+, 3, 2, 1 HD Cameras & 1/4" Threaded Hole Compact Cameras & Cell Phones +WiFi Remote Controller Housing+Cell Phone Holder+Tripod Mount Adapter
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for GoPro and decent for small to medium size smartphones, August 22, 2015
I received this GoPro Monopole as a review item. I will give a fair honest review of it and give you some pros and cons. For the most part this thing delivers as promised. I've used several "selfi-stick" type of poles and non have been sturdier than this Y1 model I received. It is evenly weighted so it won't pull your GoPro or Smartphone left or right. This makes it easy to hold the pole steady as there is no force on your wrists to turn left or right.
This is something not often talked about but a big pet peeve of mine on some other sticks. The pole is also extremely long. You can adjust it in several length positions but many other brands don't have the option to extend as far as this one does. I'll go ahead and give a breakdown on the pros and cons as I see them.

Pros:

Build quality: Very sturdy with excellent snapping locks and multi angle capable camera holder so you can get that perfect shot. This thing is durable and you won't need to worry about breaking or bending it. While many of the parts are plastic they are built very sturdy with thick materials. There are some cheaply made sticks out there that fall apart after a week or 2 so this beast was a breath of fresh air.

Excellent grip: The foam grip is very firm but molds to your palm and is very comfortable. Even the lanyard is extra thick and soft (not some cheap afterthought).

Multiple uses: Though it is designed for GoPro (and it has an excellent GoPro attachment) it can also be used with large or small smartphones. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 even fit in the phone grip though it pretty much maxed out the grip. I'm not sure it could hold a phone any bigger than mine. It also has threading for Tripod underneath the grip. Simply remove the lanyard and use any small Tripod stand (some as cheap as $6) to make this monopole a fantastic tripod that can be as short or as tall as you need for your favorite phone or camera. The GoPro remote holder is placed perfectly for your thumb to operate without straining even with small hands. The grooves on either side of the pole make it extremely balanced. It won't sway left or right giving you lots of control even when fully extended.

Cons: (Only 2 minor ones for me)

The phone grip attachment. I understand that this pole is mainly for GoPro but they could have made the phone attachment a little sturdier. It will hold a large phone like my Galaxy Note 4 but if you go back and forth from small to large phones the grip may wear out quickly. It squeaks a lot while stretching it out and the spring doesn't give me much confidence that it will last a long time. You can buy a separate phone grip attachment to solve this problem and since this pole is mainly for use with GoPro this is not a big issue and its nice that they even included a phone grip.

No Bluetooth: Again this is not a deal breaker as most people are buying this to use with the GoPro and GoPro remote so Bluetooth is not a concern but I just wanted people to be aware that this. If you plan to use this with your smartphone a lot be aware that you'll have to use your smartphones auto timer to take pics as this is not Bluetooth controlled.

If you are mainly using this pole for GoPro then you can rejoice! This thing is sturdy and the GroPro attachment is excellent. The GoPro Remote holder will not accidentally fall off. I had to use some serious strength to pull the thing off the pole as it is clamped on there tight. Don't worry about breaking that attachment if you want to remove it as the clamps stretch out quite a bit without breaking.

I've attached a couple of pics so you can see the thick lanyard foam and the balance grooves in the pole. I hope my review helps you make your decision.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DVC 464694 Hoover Y Synthetic Bag Allergen Performance (3 Pack)
DVC 464694 Hoover Y Synthetic Bag Allergen Performance (3 Pack)
Offered by Tidy Vacuums
Price: $7.03
2 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 17, 2015
Arrived quick. Works as advertised. No complaints.

Bear Claw Telescopic Back Scratcher (Random Colors shipped)
Bear Claw Telescopic Back Scratcher (Random Colors shipped)
Offered by lighting your life
Price: $4.41
8 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, works great and arrived in just 2.5 weeks, May 13, 2015
Item is just as described. It arrived less than 2.5 weeks after I ordered it which is pretty good considering it came from China. For just a couple bucks you can't go wrong. I like that it extends and that the extension is a bit stiff. This is a good thing because you have to actually pull on it to extend it and push on it a bit to close it. It won't just flop around all loose. I don't need it very often but it's very handy when I do. I wish I found this thing a long time ago.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4