Profile for SLDW > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SLDW RSS Feed (New Mexico)

Page: 1 | 2
Bandar Foods Crisped Harvest Vegetables, 2.65 Ounce
Bandar Foods Crisped Harvest Vegetables, 2.65 Ounce
Price: $17.93
3 used & new from $17.93

5.0 out of 5 stars I had tried a similar product from Walmart that was a little cheaper per ounce but not nearly so good. I first ordered two 12-pa, May 11, 2015
These dried vegetables are delicious. They are not very salty at all and taste very fresh. I had tried a similar product from Walmart that was a little cheaper per ounce but not nearly so good. I first ordered two 12-packs and I only have 3 packs left. My friends who tasted them all wanted 1 or 2 packs and one friend who hikes regularly reimbursed me for one of the 12-pack boxes. I am ordering more boxes so I won't be without on our road trip this summer. The 2.65 ounce packages are enough for 3 to 4 servings even though it would be easy to eat the whole pack. Just be sure you have adequate drinking water when you eat these chips because you could feel thirsty after a few bites, which is understandable since all the water has been removed from these vegetables. They are very filling and quickly satisfies the hunger, not to mention very nutritious.

Naot Women's Rosemary Flat
Naot Women's Rosemary Flat
Price: $134.00 - $145.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the first season, October 25, 2014
This review is from: Naot Women's Rosemary Flat (Shoes)
These were the most comfortable sandals I had owned. They were great for the first season or so, but I expected to get more long term wear from them. When they were no longer comfortable, I did need a new insole, however, that was not the main problem. The metal loop the leather was threaded through to adjust the width began turning side ways. This made the shoe wider than before. I used my heavy duty sewing machine and was able to "splice and stitch" taking up the leather strap to the proper width and (cutting off the end of the strap slightly for visual appearance). Of course the metal loop was still side ways. After wearing a few times it appeared the leather had stretched out, making them too loose again. I think this stretched out leather caused the original problem of the loop not being able to hold the strap correctly. So rather than order a new insole, I gave up on a very favorite sandal.

Genuine W550R, PP749 Dell Alienware Area 51 Liquid/Water Cooled Cooling CPU Heatsink Compatible Part Numbers: W550R (Heatsink Assembly), PP749 (Fan)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Saver, September 18, 2014
My son's Dell Alienware Aurora R4, about 2 years old, appeared to need a new fan. It was making a very loud noise after the computer was turned on for a short period of time and the temperature was not in the right range. We called Dell and they told us which fan to order from Amazon. As it turn out it wasn't the fan but the liquid/water cooled CPU Heatsink that needed replaced. There were some minor adjustments to be made in installation but it has worked perfectly for several weeks now. Thank you Dell for the info on which to order and to Amazon for the very reasonable price. A life saver!

Clarks Women's Lexi Myrtle Sandal,Bone,11 N US
Clarks Women's Lexi Myrtle Sandal,Bone,11 N US
Price: $59.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Shorter than Most Clarks Shoes, August 13, 2014
This shoe is very attractive and flatters a long narrow foot. I wear a 10 1/2 Narrow which Clarks does not make. I can often wear a 10N in a similar style in Clarks. However, the 10 N was about a size to a half size too short even though the width was fine. I ordered the 11N and the length was good but was very wide. I had to send both pairs of shoes back.

ILLUSTRATED FAMILY BIBLE STORIES
ILLUSTRATED FAMILY BIBLE STORIES
by Parragon Books
Price: $9.99
106 used & new from $0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandkids loved it, May 17, 2014
My ten year old happened to see the book that was going to be used for bible class and read the book cover to cover without prompting. The pictures are beautiful, yet realistic, and for the most part, it appears to be true to the Bible. The side panels explain historical and geographical facts, descriptions of events, persons or objects in the story, and maps and diagrams. Younger children might be frightened by the realities of the Bible as described and shown in the illustrations. There is a new version now in print by a different publisher (New Leaf Press) that is more expensive, but somewhat larger. It appears to be the exact same except for the picture of the ark on the front. I prefer the smaller size (Parragon Publishing) for gifts but probably won't be available much longer.

Kid's Vintage Woodland T-shirt, X-Large
Kid's Vintage Woodland T-shirt, X-Large
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $8.27
9 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars twelve year old loved it, May 17, 2014
The shirt was purchased for a dance performance. It was soft, comfortable and allowed movement. The fabric washed nicely and stayed true to size. It was on the long side and slightly slim cut which was perfect for my grandson's build. The sleeves were not too short.

Dearfoams Womens Velour with Terry Closed Back Slipper, XL, Cadet Navy
Dearfoams Womens Velour with Terry Closed Back Slipper, XL, Cadet Navy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as my old Dearforms, May 5, 2013
I ordered these slippers because my old terry cloth Dearforms were beginning to show wear. I love my old slippers and they have lasted several years. These slippers were the closest to the old ones I could find but I don't like them as well. They are made of a fabric that does not breathe well and my feet get hot and sweaty after a short while, whereas, this never happened with my old ones. I haven't had them very long so it is hard to say how long they will last, but probably not as long as my old terry cloth ones. Wish Dearfoam would use the old style design and fabric. Maybe their slippers lasted too long and they couldn't afford that.

The Explanation of Official Taekwondo Poomsae (Korean-English)
The Explanation of Official Taekwondo Poomsae (Korean-English)
by Il-pil Kang
32 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful for Taegeuk Forms, May 5, 2013
Not only are the taegeuk forms fully explained in detailed pictures, but each individual move of all the forms are demonstrated. By studying the individual moves section and then the forms section, one can refine the form they want to practice quite accurately. I have found the most useful way to learn forms is to use the book along with the official "youtube" video for WTF forms. The only drawback is that it is mostly written in Korean with a little English translation and sometimes that translation lacks clarity. I ordered the book after reading a blog of noted Taekwondo masters discussing that this was the most official forms book they had seen and was easier to understand than the Kukkiwon official manuel for forms. It appears that the book was first written in 2007 and English translation corrections were made in 2008 and then reprinted in 2011. As a 3rd gup I have found the book very helpful in learning the details of my forms.

That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week: Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Succeed in School and Life
by Ana Homayoun
Price: $13.00
92 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, December 30, 2012
I have one son and six grandsons and the title of this book was all too familiar. It put the problem of boys struggling in school in perspective. The author gave very practical and detailed advice. It will take time to implement the ideas but I believe the advice will be helpful for our family. I may not ever convince any of my boys to set up two hours a day for homework time but how to organize their binders and backpacks was immediately helpful. I have tried some of the ideas with my sixth grade grandson and he has responded well so far. I can see how it would be difficult for a parent or grandparent to convince a high school student to implement the strategies if they have had a history of difficulties in school. I certainly think it would be worth a try if they would be willing to cooperate.

Ancient Greece
Ancient Greece
by Philip Ardagh
31 used & new from $3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons Love It!, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Ancient Greece (Hardcover)
This book is one of a set of four history books. Ancient Rome had been given to my eleven year old a couple of years ago and he thoroughly enjoyed reading it. When my eight year old also loved to read the book, I wanted to order the other three. I discovered they were out of print but I was able to find the three used from Amazon. All three came in like-new condition. They are a fun way to learn about history.

Page: 1 | 2