Profile for C. Cooke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Cooke "bat lady" RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2
People of the Wolf (The First North Americans series, Book 1)
People of the Wolf (The First North Americans series, Book 1)
Price: $7.19
323 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, August 21, 2005
This book was like a movie with a decent story line but horrible acting and a bad script. It wasn't engaging and the characters weren't very original. The book was extremely predictable and kept my eyes rolling. It was just not a very good book. I don't think I can force myself to read the rest of the series.

The Visitant - Book One of the Anasazi Mysteries
The Visitant - Book One of the Anasazi Mysteries
209 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, had me looking over my shoulder!, July 5, 2005
Since I come from a line of "medicine women" I grew up on witch stories and The Visitant is comparable to some of my favorites. Parts of this book read really slow (mostly the modern stuff), but overall the book was hard to put down. The end of the book was kind of confusing to read, so I had to re-read it. I loved the crude sense of humor of the archeologists, although their stories are predictable and tiring. This book definitely left me curious about the next two and I will definitely continue reading the series.

Mother Earth Father Sky
Mother Earth Father Sky
255 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe how much I loved this book!, June 1, 2005
Amazing story! The detail and character depth was unbelievable. The story was action packed and full of emotion. This story is a unique way of portraying the life style and beliefs of the prehistoric people of this region of Alaska. This was a very satisfying book and one that I will keep forever!

Cry of the Wind (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 2)
Cry of the Wind (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 2)
109 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 1, 2005
Found it confusing at first. It seemed to drift away from the original story leaving questions unanswered but this book did become very interesting! It kept me guessing and ended up being a two-day read because I couldn't put it down. It was also kind of confusing that this book suddenly included a different group of story tellers as the people telling the story your reading. This pattern is continued in the next book and becomes more clear as to why the books are writen as they are. Highly recommend anything by Harrison!

Song of the River (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 1)
Song of the River (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 1)
131 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but still want more!, June 1, 2005
I felt that this book was less confusing than the last book. I love the ending but there were still a couple of questions left unanswered in my mind. I enjoyed this trilogy better than Harrison's other trilogy, however, both are wonderful!

My Sister the Moon
My Sister the Moon
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great story!, June 1, 2005
This book is a page turner! The detail and complexity of Harrison's story telling is amazing! I started reading her work after finishing Lynn McKee's collection and I now have a new favorite author!

Circles of Stone
Circles of Stone
by Joan Dahr Lambert
61 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible!, June 1, 2005
The first section of the book was okay but once I started reading the second section I was appalled by the historical fallacies she wrote! I could barely finish the book. Things that took thousands to millions of years to happen she wrote as happening over night. I know that she is supposed to be an educated writer, so I was shocked to read parts of this book. I would not recommend this book to true historical fiction readers!

Call Down the Stars (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 3)
Call Down the Stars (Storyteller Trilogy, Book 3)
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, June 1, 2005
Good summary to the story with the exception of a few missed details. I'm left wanting more closure but the book was overall very entertaining! I loved reading about the two most evil characters I've ever read about finally facing off against each other. This book kept me guessing and I now have new expectations for villains! For some reason, I don't think I'll find any other villains more entertaining than K'os. Great twists and very witty!

Brother Wind
Brother Wind
149 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 1, 2005
Loved this book! It is a quick read because the story is so entertaining you can't put it down. The whole story is very emotional. Some parts were kind of predictable. I will definately read this again!

It Sleeps in Me
It Sleeps in Me
Price: $15.29
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars very sad, made me cry, June 1, 2005
This review is from: It Sleeps in Me (Paperback)
This book was very entertaining and a quick read. I was able to predict part of the ending but there were a couple of shocking twists. I'll try to stay away from telling too many details, but the end made me feel sad when she revealed that Flint really wasn't as passionate as we were led to believe. It was sad that she was as delusional as she was. I would highly recommend this book to any historical fiction or murder mystery fans!

Page: 1 | 2