Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Eugenia > Reviews

Browse

Eugenia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1615

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eugenia "Eugenia" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Govinda® - Pure Sandalwood Powder - 100 grams
Govinda® - Pure Sandalwood Powder - 100 grams

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure and potent sandalwood powder that can be used for puja or skin care., July 27, 2016
I buy on regular basis Nag Champa incense brand. I was not aware that Govinda company also offers fresh sandalwood on Amazon. As soon as I saw it, I placed an order for it immediately. I absolutely love the scent of fresh sandalwood and that was the key - getting a fresh sandalwood powder that is authentic and still not too expensive. I a must say I am very pleased with my purchase. This sandalwood is very potent and the aroma is divine. inside of the box is generous amount of powder that will last for a really long time. I love to apply sandalwood mask with rose water on my skin as a mask because of it cooling properties. It also gives skin an amazing glow. many people use it for puja, but I must say I am limiting use of exotic spices to skin care products.

Sandalwood is particularly great for use on acne prone skin, but any skin type will love this majestic aroma. I am not interested in finding any recipes that can be applied to make sandalwood based deodorant.

The Dark Lady's Mask
The Dark Lady's Mask
by Mary Sharratt
Price: $17.77
73 used & new from $10.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fictional version of the talented female poet during Queen Eliabeth I's reign, July 26, 2016
This review is from: The Dark Lady's Mask (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Several years ago, I lived in Jacksonville, Florida where one of the street names was Lanier. Locals used to brag about well-to-do Floridan that street was named after. So when I saw this book and realized that it is a fictional version of the life of Aemilia Bassano Lanier, female poet and an artist who lived during the time of Queen Elizabeth I, I simply had to pick up this book and read it. I must say that author Mary Sharratt is a very talented author. Her writing is flawless and I was captivated by her story of Aemilia from the start.

Aemilia's father was Italian musician of Jewish descent that was kept a secret due to strong anti-semitic sensibilities in Europe during that period. He was forced to leave Italy and along with his brothers because he was a Jew. He found a position as a court musician in England. Aemilia's mother was an Englishwoman, abandoned by her first husband young and with a daughter from that relationship; she was uneducated and simple yet devoted to her husband and a family. When Aemilia's half-sister marries and moves away, it is not long afterwards that the pressures of her unhappy and troubling marriage cause Aemilia's father to an early death. Determined to secure his daughter somewhat secure future, Aemilia's father finds her a patron who can take care of Aemilia's education, so that one day she can have a proper husband and a decent future.

Aemilia finds wealthy patrons who provide her with an impeccable and impressive education. She is fluent in Italian, Latin and Greek, she writes poems in English at a very young age. From her father, she inherited talent for music and singing that allowed her to master playing, composing and performing music for aristocrats. But being of low birth, means that Aemilia is not destined to marry well, and being a woman, her talents are greatly overlooked because women were not allowed at that time to have a profession as performing artists.

Author takes on a fictional twist on a relationship between talented Aemilia Bassano Lanier and young William Shakespeare. Is it possible that two of them could have been partners who jointly created some of the works that were attributes to Will alone? What was the true nature of their relationship since (scholars) have always speculated that William may have been homosexual? What is a woman to do when she has nothing but her talents, unbearable husband and a child from a relationship with a nobleman (who was not her husband)? How many betrayals, hardships and how much grief Aemilia has to endure before she can rightfully claim her own talents and display them to the world as her own?

To me personally this is a lovely book about a time when women could not even possibly imagine being independent, let alone educated. Education was intended only for the women of the highest class. How difficult is must be to make a living with those talents alone and still remain true to one's self? How difficult it must have been to be a woman who had to support her own children on her own and fend for herself? How tempting it must have been to cross dress in order to be able to attend the plays and escape drudgery of a domestic life allotted to women alone?

For all those reasons, I was mesmerized by the book. It is beautiful fictional version of what must have been like to be a woman at that period of time. It is a story of the first woman known to attempt making a living by her own writing. Ms. Lanier's poems are beautiful and powerful - it is a marvel of English literature. If there is such a thing as a feminist during the Elizabethan era, than Ms. Lanier was certainly one of them.

Delores European Ocean Beach Charm Crystal Bracelet Blue Beads Handmade Bracelet for Women Jewelry ( 7.48IN))
Offered by Delores1990
Price: $35.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and fun summer bracelet., July 26, 2016
This is attractive little bracelet in a lovely blue color. It makes perfect accessory for the summer vacation or fun outing. I ordered this promotional product because it had theme of seashells. Bracelet has murano like glass, little flower charms and one large seashell shaped charm. A couple of charms are made of blue and white crystal which gives it is nice bling. Charms are placed on the strand and can be securely locked in place. This is a king of charm that will make a young girl very happy.

My promotional product arrived in a beautiful box with a label Dolores on it. It was shipped form China. This bracelet makes a fun, inexpensive gift for everyday wear, especially during summer. I love the bright light blue colors.

ILLUNITE Solar Light 10 Ultra Bright LEDs Motion Sensor Security Light Waterproof Unique Detachable Design with Extra Long Extension Cords for Indoor/Outdoor Use
Offered by ILLUNITE
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Outdoors solar light, July 22, 2016
It took me a while to get this little solar light working. I had another r solar light arrive around the same time and while the other device took about 7 hours to charge, this device took several days before it was fully charged to illuminate the light at night. I was expecting to see a steady stream of light as it shows in the second side picture. You may be disappointed to realize that this light has 8 little wholes that eminate the light but it is nowhere as bright as the one showing on the picture.

The other issue with the device is that although it comes in a good package and instructions, instructions are written in broken English. It takes a while to read and re-read the instructions before one can understand how this device is supposed to work and be charged. The other shortcoming of the device is that required to be initiated by using a needle like insertion in a small hole in order to "activate" the solar panel. This needle is very small and it can be easily lost or misplaced. It is necessary to have it close by because in case of significant weather changes where there is not enough sun, one will have to "reboot" the device.

Also the layout of the device is not as esthetically pleasing. I would keep it in the parts of the home where it cannot be easily noticed and where only a small amount of light is required. For these reason I am giving the device only four starts. But in general, I am very much interested in solar energy and I am in the pursuit of searching for the best products on the market that I can eventually start installing both inside and outside the home.

The Bad Girl
The Bad Girl
by L. Donsky-Levine
Price: $8.99
20 used & new from $4.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Some people are just not meant to experience happiness in this world...., July 22, 2016
This review is from: The Bad Girl (Paperback)
Although I have received this book as a part of promotional offer from the author, I did not enjoy the read as much. It is a short and quick read about a young woman with unhappy childhood. Abandoned by her father, and raised by mother who was an addict, Riley ends up being sold to a pervert by her own mother where she serves his pedophile needs until she is old enough to be discarded. In order to survive, she becomes a prostitute that offers blow jobs until unfortunate encounter with one of the clients renders he disabled.

Riley also has passion for saving stray cats and dogs and as it happens one of the animal shelter volunteers ends up being her guardian angel. He takes her in, helps her get her GDE with intent to help her build her own life. The inopportune appearance of her own mother leads Riley to another crisis that leaves reader in suspense of what else can possibly go wrong for this unfortunate 22 year old young woman.

I found book to be disjoined and narratives that jump from cat's internal thoughts to Riley's musings back to conversation with her protector Bernie who happens to be a Jewish German immigrant with Slavic last name (?) . Characters are underdeveloped and story jumps from one end to another too quickly. After all, this young woman's 10 years of life is described in 80 page long novella....It took me a while to even understand that the story is actually happening in NYC in 1971. There was no introduction to the novel that places it to that time period until half way through the book. At least the only good thing about the book is that it does not have Hollywood ending.

Girls Womens Pants Solid Casual Skinny Trousers Leggings
Girls Womens Pants Solid Casual Skinny Trousers Leggings
Offered by 5th avenue
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile leggings with attractive design for both casual and evening wear, July 22, 2016
These are very attractive skinny trousers that I would call leggings rather than trousers. They are very attractive looking and I must admit it is a design of the trousers that attracted me to order this promotional item. Not to mention that price is very competitive and I was curious if the price will match the quality. I have to report that product looks good and feels good on the body. I would suggest getting a size larger that one normally wears since this product comes form Asia and it is intended either for a very young girls or very tiny women. So if you are medium or larger size, go with the size up when ordering the product. As far as maintenance is concerned, I had the product hand-washed. I was concerned that imitation leather may get destroyed easily in the washing machine, So I hand-wash the item and let it hand dry to avoid any additional shrinkage. Black color makes it very elegant and I personally like to wear these leggings with a nice tunic that covers the upper thighs.

The other nice thing about the product is that it can be warn in any weather, and it is perfect for both spring and fall season. Very attractive product at unbeatable price. Product will ship from overseas, so allow some time for delivery but it is definitely worth the wait.

Knitted Leg Warmer Boot Socks Coffee Stocking
Knitted Leg Warmer Boot Socks Coffee Stocking
Offered by 5th avenue
Price: $5.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and attractive leg warmers, July 22, 2016
O absolutely love these leg warmers. Let's say this was advance order for the winter season when I typically take a train to commute to work downtown Chicago. However, I also teach yoga and in some private gyms, owners do not keep rooms warm enough for practice throughput the season. I encourage students to layer their clothing and having a leg warmer is an added plus.

I absolutely love the chocolate brown color of the warmers. It is nice, rich color and texture/design is very pretty. Size is just as expected, fits comfortably and one can wear them long or have them scrunched closer to the ankles. I like to wear them long so they keep my calves warm as I am practicing my yoga poses. Material is comfortable and feels good on the skin. It is very soft and fluffy. Delivery of the product may take a little longer since it ships overseas, but it is definitely worth a wait.

I have received this product as a part of promotional offer and I am very pleased with it. The price is right too, so I would not think twice about ordering the product again (in different color) to keep me warm during cold winter season in the Midwest. Customer service is excellent.

Kleenguard G10 Blue Nitrile Gloves (57373), Large, Powder-Free, 6 Mil, Ambidextrous, Thin Mil, Sold by the Box of 100.
Price: $12.75
75 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Kleenguard gloves perfect for use when cleanign the house, scrubbing the floors and bathrooms., July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For quite some time, I have noticed that my hands are becoming more sensitive to cleaning products. Even if I use organic products, I am finding out that my hands easily get chopped and my nails are splitting. Not to mention that if I had manicure, after intensive scrubbing, my manicure is ruined. So for that reason, I decide to order this box of gloves. mainly for skin protection and keeping my hands well taken care of.

First of all, these nitrile gloves are very thin. In that sense, they are comfortable to put on and they are not too think so it is not awkward to use utensils and scrubs. Gloves fit as a skin. They are also not sticky, so once the job is done, gloves are easy to take off. It is important to mention that gloves are not too high, so do not expect them to cover your hand all the way up to elbows. But for easy cleaning when you do not need to dip your hands deep into a toilet bowl, these gloves are perfect. They are also easy to remove. With nearly 100 gloves in a box, these will last you for a really long time.

My hands are not too large. so I am not sure if the material stretches. Bu t the size of these fits my hand size perfectly. I am absolutely happy with this product.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that if anyone is working in the beauty industry: hair technician, nail technical or esthetician, these gloves are very good for using with your clients and keep hands clean, protected and sanitized.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Grow 'n Learn Garden Caddy
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Grow 'n Learn Garden Caddy
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $20.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun education toy for small children form Fisher Price, July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is one sweet little girl I just felt had to get this toy. She is very playful and very curious. I loved the fact that this is a toy for gardening and since child is small she can learn a lot. Not just words, but colors and purpose of each part of this toy. The packaging on the toy says that this toy is intended for infants 9 months - 36 months. Parts are big enough that one does not need to worry about child swallowing any of the pieces. I also liked the vibrant colors of the toy. They are eye catching and fun. This is perfect toy for any child, boy or girl.

Just check out that happy face of the little girl with her new toy.....
Comment Comment | Permalink

IndusDiva Women's Cobalt Blue Printed Crepe Saree
IndusDiva Women's Cobalt Blue Printed Crepe Saree
Offered by indusdiva
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful saree for casual wear, July 21, 2016
This is beautiful dark blue (not so much cobalt blue) saree with very tiny design of flowers. This saree is perfect for casual wear. I recently learned how to wear them and I absolutely adore them. Material is not the best quality ever, but it is soft and comfortable for the skin. For anyone who wants to practice on how to use and wear saree, this is a great beginner set. IT is easy to maintain and the color is not too eye catching. Flower design gives it a really nice feminine touch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20