Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for OnTheMarkTexas > Reviews

Browse

OnTheMarkTexas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OnTheMarkTexas RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
90 Day Immune System Revised: This vital life-saving information will help you:   ·  Protect your body from diseases and early aging ·  Maximize your ... and surveys ·  Boost your vitality a
90 Day Immune System Revised: This vital life-saving information will help you: · Protect your body from diseases and early aging · Maximize your ... and surveys · Boost your vitality a
by Janet C. Maccaro
Price: $14.99
126 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No Medical/Scientific Jargon ... Just Straightforward, Useful Info ... Highly Recommended, April 4, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about this book. I purchased it on a whim from a used book store. One of the factors in my purchase, is that while I was browsing through it, I found the content written in a way that wasn't overly medical or scientific. Dr. McCaro has written the book in such a way that the average person would have no problem following it. Also liked the checklists she indcluded and a sample eating plan/guide.

The first 2 weeks were the hardest ... after all, giving up sugar, gluten, alcohol, red meat, and dairy is huge task to undertake for the average American. After the 2 weeks, however, I discovered that I stopped craving all those things and I started feeling better - - achey joints stopped hurting, I was sleeping better, and my complexion improved. I didn't lose a ton of weight but what I lost was noticeable and I felt great.

My only regret is that after the 90 days, I fell back into my old habits. I've recently completed 6 months of chemo, so no time like the present to get back on track with Dr. McCaro's book.

2001 Jack in the Box 3" Tall Kids Meal Toy Dc Heroes : Supergirl
2001 Jack in the Box 3" Tall Kids Meal Toy Dc Heroes : Supergirl

5.0 out of 5 stars In Scale With Mattel's JLU Toyline And A Much Better Figure, April 4, 2015
For a kids meal toy, both the sculpting and quality of this figure is pretty impressive. It's also in scale with Mattel's Justice League Unlimited toyline and I must say, it's better construcied than some of the cheap figures Mattel has put out. As a matter of fact, Mattel's own Supergirl figure was oddly out-of-scale, making her appear to be around 9 to 11 years old, when in fact, she was in her late teens. They re-used the same mold for their Stargirl figure as well. Without a doubt, this Jack-In-The-Box Kids Meal toy is a much better representation of the character.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product But Currently Unavailable, April 4, 2015
Due to an auto-immune condition (and chemo treatments) I have had a horrible time with my teeth over the past 10 years. I could feel an immediate improvement within the first 2 weeks of beginning use of the Restore Toothpaste. Another plus is that it only takes a small pea-sized amount to get results.

Really LOVED this product but it's no longer being manufactured. When you go to the Dr. Collins website, it says it was taken off the market for reformulation (unclear if that was a voluntary choice or something imposed by the FDA). Sadly, that website has been saying this for almost 2 years now, so unsure if the product will ever be available again.

[ManiaGear] Heavy Duty Armor Case Combo Black/Black Case Samsung Galaxy Ring M840 + Stylus Pen + Screen Protector (Virgin Mobile)
Offered by Slick Shell (Texas)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value ... Stands The Test Of Time, April 4, 2015
Admittedly, I haven't used the stylus much. I kept loosing it, so I just keep it in a desk drawer. As for the case itself, I've had it for over a year now and it's held up extremely well. I was afraid that the small rubber pieces might wear out in a few months but that hasn't happened. The screen protector has also stood the test of time. I've purchase other brands in the past and they've lost their ability to adhere pretty quickly. Not the case here. For the price, the ManiaGear Heavy Duty Armor Case Combo Set is a good value.

OREI BDP-M2 3D Blu Ray Player - HDMI/RCA Composite/Component Ouput - Dual Voltage

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value If You're In The Market For A Basic, Functional Region-Free Blu-ray/DVD Player, April 4, 2015
Admittedly, I haven't taken full advantage of all the features and I only own 3 Blu-ray discs. My DVD collection, on the other hand, fills up 6 large shelves. I seem to be a fan of TV shows, that due to music licensing rights, either don't get released here in region 1 or are released with music edits. The laws are different outside of North America and alot of the unreleased/edited shows get released in other regions with all orginal music in tact. This was my primary reason for purchasing the OREI Blu-ray Player. It's reasonably priced and reviewes indicated it was well worth the purchase. My only issue has been that at times it will freeze up while playing a disc (maybe it gets hot so I've recently started running a fan and point it directly at the player) and sometime when I try to turn it off, it will just stay powered on and I have to unplug the until to actually get it to turn off. Overall, this is a minor annoyance and doesn't change my feelings about my purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Not A "Cure" For Sleep Apnea But Very Helpful, July 11, 2014
I must say that JSL's review helped in my purchasing decision. After reading it, I decided I had nothing to lose. I've suffered from Sleep Apnea for about 2 years and it hasn't been too difficult as long as I don't sleep on my back (I've always been a side sleeper anyway).

I recently came down with a bad case of Strep Throat that made my Sleep Apnea worse. Suddenly, I could no longer sleep at night -- on my back or my sides. I would drift off to sleep only to wake up gasping for air within 2 minutes.

I did a Google search for homeopathic Sleep Apnea products which pulled up this Amazon product page. Long story short -- the first night wasn't a great experience since the product seemed to stop working after 3 hours, however, I didn't give up. The next night, I used it again the following night and haven't had any issues since.

I like that the manufacturer included 4 different sizes so you don't have to experience any one-size-fits-all limitations. I've read some reviews where people say the product falls out their noses during the night. All I can say is that they're probably using the wrong size. I use the next to largest size and it stays in place all night (both tubes are connected by a strap). The soft silicone construction makes for a comfortable experience, which also means easy cleaning. The handy carrying case is a nice bonus.

I won't go as far as to say the SnorePro-X product is a "cure" for Sleep Apnea, however, it seems to at least alleviate the symptoms. I still snore but am able to breath much better and rarely wake up tired like I have since my Sleep Apnea diagnosis.

It's certainly a much needed respite from a CPAP device. At $16.75 (plus shipping) it's worth trying.

TALES OF THE CITY: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
TALES OF THE CITY: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
DVD ~ Laura Linney
Price: $23.23
30 used & new from $16.47

3.0 out of 5 stars 20th Anniversary Edition .. Nice cover art (and that's about it), July 14, 2013
I absolutely love this mini-series (as well as the book it's based on). When it first aired on PBS in January 1994 I was instantly smitten with it's zany cast of characters, overlapping plot lines, and wickedly wry sense of humor. So if I love this mini-series so much, why only give it a 3 star rating?

1.) Picture Quality
The 2003 release was on 3 discs and very grainy. This new 20th Anniversary Edition is only on 2 discs. No way the picture quality will be improved unless Acorn Media actually spent the money on re-mastering the original print.

2.) Bonus Material
Due to the grainy picture quality mentioned above, the only saving grace from the 2003 release was the behind-the-scenes location and rehearsal footage (as seen on the original PBS airings). This 20th Anniversary Edition features the exact same bonus material. Nothing new here except for the audio commentaries on episodes 1, 3, and 6; as well as an 8-page booklet. Could they not have done interviews with the cast and crew to honor the mini-series' 20th anniversary?

3.) Un-Cut Version vs. Original Broadcast Version
I contacted Acorn Media about whether or not this 20th Anniversary Edition would be the same edited cut (previously released on VHS in 1994 and DVD in 2003) or the original broadcast version (previously released in Region 2). Their reply was that Acorn Media only has the rights to the edited version (available in Region 1) and Channel 4 Distribution has the rights to the uncut version (available in Region 2).

At the end of the day, this 20th Anniversary Edition just doesn't have enough to make me want to "double dip" (especially since I have a region-free bluray player and the Region 2 release is just fine for me), however, for those who missed out on the 2003 Region 1 release -- which is long out-of-print and going for over $100 -- this 20th Anniversary Edition should be a nice treat.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 4:01 PM PDT

2013 Exclusive Batman the Dark Knight Trilogy Movie Masters Premium Box Set
2013 Exclusive Batman the Dark Knight Trilogy Movie Masters Premium Box Set
15 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Idea & Great For Collectors, March 17, 2013
I saw this 3-pack over the weekend at my local Toys-R-Us store and snatched it up immediately because there were only 2 on the shelf. Got it home and upon inspection, I must say that overall it is a very nice set and very convenient for those of us who missed out on picking up the Batman Begins Movie Masters figure. Packaging design is simple, graphics are kept to a minimum, but it's still effective.

My complaint?

1.) The price ... I'm sorry but $44.99 is just too much money for 3 figures in 5" scale. Had these been in the DC Universe Classics scale of 6" then perhaps the price would be more worth it. I only purchased this set because I had a store gift card with $25 on it from a previous purchase/return.

2.) The BATMAN BEGINS figure ... it might be an optical illusion or the way the figure is packed in the box, but it looks like this figure is not only shorter but in a slightly smaller scale. It's visably noticeable and a distraction (to me, anyway).

For die hard fans, I'd say go for it. But for casual collectors who, like myself, don't buy everything that comes out with a Batman logo on it, I'd say skip it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2013 1:34 AM PDT

DC Universe Young Justice Black Canary Figure
DC Universe Young Justice Black Canary Figure
Offered by toybliss
Price: $8.99
14 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars YJ Black Canary Action Figure -- Simple Yet Functional, March 16, 2013
Simple yet functional is how I would describe this figure (and the entire YJ line). I'm actually a fan of the minimal articulation that doesn't interfer with the artist's design astetic.

This Black Canary figure captures the on-screen look of the character very well. Only issue is that I wish Mattel had manufactured the figures in a larger scale. They're a bit too small to be appreciated fully.

Second Chances
Second Chances
DVD ~ Jennifer Lopez
6 used & new from $42.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Gem (And Totally Underrated), November 7, 2010
This review is from: Second Chances (DVD)
SECOND CHANCES premiered on CBS as a mid-season replacement on December 2, 1993. Created by husband-and-wife writing duo of Bernard Lechowick and Lynn Marie Latham (former show runners of KNOTS LANDING who later went on to create HOMEFRONT for ABC), the series was given an initial 6-episode "trial run" that led to the network ordering 7 additional episodes to round out the first season.

Unfortunately, only 4 of the planned episodes were completed before the Northridge Earthquake struck the Los Angeles area in January 1994. Production was shut down temporally due to the damage the sets sustained.

To further complicate matters, actresses Connie Selleca and Megan Porter - two of the show's leads -- were both pregnant in real life and by the time production was set to resume, they both would be on Maternity Leave. Their pregnancies were also not written into the show's plot, so their absences would have proven problematic for the writers to explain. This led to a mutual agreement between CBS and the producers that the show's production be shut down permanently.

The first 10 episodes on this DVD box set comprise the original 10 completed episodes of SECOND CHANCES.

Whether the Lechowicks had a 2 series deal with the network or CBS decided to give them a second shot due to the circumstances that shut down SECOND CHANCES, a spin-off, titled HOTEL MALIBU, and featuring the character of Melinda Lopez (played by the-before-she-was-a-megastar, J Lo), premiered as a limited 6-episode run in the summer of 1995.

Unfortunately, ratings for this new series were not as solid as hoped for and the network passed on commissioning any further episodes.

Personally, I found HOTEL MALIBU to be a much better written show -- SECOND CHANCES seemed to go adrift after it's initial 6-episode trial period and I'm not sure how much longer it would have lasted had the Northridge Earthquake not sealed it's fate.

I also feel that if HOTEL MALIBU had aired during the Spring or Fall it would have generated better ratings. Airing a new show smack dab in the middle of summer re-runs (and expecting it to attract an audience no less) was NOT a smart move on the part of CBS.

The final 6 episodes on this box set comprise the complete run of HOTEL MALIBU.

Oddly, the producers chose to combine both shows under the "Second Chances" title for the purpose of this DVD set. IMO, this was a smart move, seeing as how both shows had basically the same behind-the-scenes personnel and the Lopez family characters in common. This was most certainly the only way that HOTEL MALIBU was ever going to see the light of day on video, so kudos to whomever it was who decided this.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
Considering this was not a major studio release, I am rather surprised at the high quality of video and audio found on this set. I've seen some major studio releases that lacked half the quality of this one -- RHODA Season 1 from Shout Factory comes to mind.

Another plus - the price. I purchsed the complete 4 disc set from Best Buy in 2004 for under $40, although, now that it's long out of print, I'm not sure what the going rate is on the secondary market.

WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
My ONLY complaint is that the original opening titles/theme music for HOTEL MALIBU were completely omitted and replaced with an altered version of the SECOND CHANCES opening. The original opening titles will probably never been seen again.

FINAL RATING: 4 Stars (out of 5)

Page: 1 | 2