Profile for Justin M. Tucciarone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Justin M. Tucciarone "Justin" RSS Feed (NY)

Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium)
Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium)
Price: $17.21
61 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, June 12, 2015
Fits my HTC one M8 in an otter box, a spare tube, small multitool and car key without the middle zipper being opened and expanding it. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit tire levers in there too, there is barely just enough room as it is. IMO it's the perfect size, I did not want an extra square inch.

Jays Sport Men's Cotton Boat Shoe Socks, Lge Silicon Heel Grip, 3 Pack (Small, Grey)
Offered by Totem Accessories
Price: $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Socks, June 12, 2015
Bought a package of these to test them out, I am a size 10 and got the 10-12 size socks. Upon arrival, they were JUST barely small enough to fit on my foot, and I thought that the 8-10 size socks would be better for me. After a wash, however, the socks now fit perfectly as I'd like them. So keep in mind they do shrink a bit so if you're borderline go with bigger. They are great socks, comfortable, don't fall off, and have so far stood up to washing 1-2x.

DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
Offered by HiTechCables
Price: $3.14
9 used & new from $1.65

5.0 out of 5 stars ...It works, November 18, 2009
This is a digital cable, and it works. I'm not sure what else one would expect from an HDMI cable, because digital signals do not suffer from signal degradation or interference like analogue cables do. It transmits 1080p video and up to 8 channels of digital audio, the cable is of good construction quality, it's cheap, and it works. Great buy.

Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White)
Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White)
Price: $139.99
5 used & new from $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Serve their purpose well, August 9, 2009
I have these speakers installed in the ceiling of a clothing store. They look great, and sound decent. I'm sure the sound could be better, but unfortunately our ceilings are composed of tiles. This means that they would sound much better if installed in drywall, or even better, MDF. All things considered, however, these are great little speakers for my purpose. Would I use these in a home theater or any serious speaker setup? No. But then again, I would never use in-wall/ceiling for anything serious. These are good though if you need something that looks nice and stealthy, and sounds nice.

I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0
I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0
by Alton Brown
Price: $26.12
66 used & new from $5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love AB, August 9, 2009
This book is very intuitive and informative. Aside from the great simple recipes, the amount I learned from reading each chapter's content is incredible. I'm a big fan of Good Eats and think that Alton Brown is a great teacher. This bookis highly worth it you will learn a lot from it. Highly recommended.

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones
4 used & new from $169.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., August 9, 2009
For the price, these are the best bang for your buck you can find. These cans are easily driven straight out of a DAC, although they do improve with an amp. The highs and soundstage are the most notable qualities of these cans - the soundtsgae is endless and there is so much detail in the treble it's ridiculous. The mids are exactly where they should be - they sound very natural and realistic. The bass is also excellent. Bassheads and the like need not apply, because the bass is not authoritative and lacks impact. It is, however, controlled and accurate - Remember: Quality > Quantity.

Overall a great buy. Highly recommended.

PS: The comfort on these things is far better than anything else I've used as well.

Avia II
Avia II
DVD ~ Artist Not Provided

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool, August 9, 2009
This review is from: Avia II (DVD)
This DVD was extremely well made, and it helped squeeze the extra performance out of my TV. It also taught me a bit about Home Theater and how everything fits together. Totally worth the money - It really does make a huge difference. I look at TVs that have not been calibrated with a tool like this and I can see the lack of detail an realism in the image. Highly recommended.

2 x RCA Male, 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Female, Y-Cable 6-Inch
2 x RCA Male, 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Female, Y-Cable 6-Inch
Offered by NO.1 Good SHOP
Price: $1.44
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, August 9, 2009
The construction quality is good on this adapter, and it works. What else were you expecting? It's only a few bucks and the crappy $40 PC speakers I have hooked up to my TV blow the TV's onboard sound away.

DragonPad HD Pro Component Cable for Wii (Bulk Packaging)
DragonPad HD Pro Component Cable for Wii (Bulk Packaging)
Offered by Connect Wise
Price: $6.59
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, August 9, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The product works, construction quality is good, and it was much cheaper than the Nintendo cables and accomplishes the same job. For those who were expecting true HD quality, stop giving this product bad reviews because of it - The Wii was never designed to output anything more than 480p, so you have Nintendo to blame for the very minor performance increase offered by this product. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well.

Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips (Platinum, 3 Pairs, Medium)
Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips (Platinum, 3 Pairs, Medium)
Price: $20.76
4 used & new from $20.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessity, June 17, 2009
These eartips were a really great investment for a number of reasons:
1) They offer a tight seal for maximum noise isolation and bass response.
2) They are extremely comfortable. I can wear them for hours and not even notice they are there, even though they are inserted deep into my ear canal.
3) It is only $5 a pair, and I have heard these last for months before the foam starts to lose its elasticity.
4) They stay in your ears no matter how much you shake your head or move around

They obviously also have a few downsides:
1) They tend to roll off the highs a little bit, nothing too extreme, but if you are an audiophile like I am just beware (I have my ipod set to treble boost to compensate)
2) The foam DOES degrade after some time, and although it takes awhile, it just sucks.
3) They are extremely annoying to get on and off of the headphones - it feels like the foam will tear off (it doesn't)

Overall, this stuff is a necessary luxury - buy it and you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 10:18 AM PDT