Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Chris > Reviews

Browse

Chris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris "Chris" RSS Feed (West Virginia)

Operation Easy Street (Jock Miles WW2 Adventure Series) (Volume 3)
Operation Easy Street (Jock Miles WW2 Adventure Series) (Volume 3)
by William Peter Grasso
Price: $12.95
5 used & new from $10.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly Suggest the Entire Jock Miles Series, March 3, 2016
This is the third novel describing mainly one unit's tactics against the Imperial Japanese Army in the Buna area of New Guinea in World War 2, with a good smattering of character development. Mr. Grasso does a fine job describing the thought processes and actions of senior enlisted personnel and officers as well, particularly West Pointers. As a grad, I can attest that he has done quite well developing the characters and leadership styles as well, and his understanding of senior enlisted NCOs show he writes from personal experience.

I've already purchased the next two books in the Jock Miles series and look forward to reading them! It is a rare yet valuable talent for an author to leave his readers with a feeling of "family" with his characters. Mr. Grasso does so magnificently.

Kingston Brass KB8602 4-Inch Centerset Lavatory Faucet With Pop-Up Drain, Polished Brass
Price: $71.28
3 used & new from $57.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding Customer Service!, February 18, 2016
I installed two of these. They are exceptional in construction and ease of installment. I am writing a review because I incorrectly installed the drain that comes with the kit...totally my fault. I called Kingston for a couple of replacement parts. They sent them out right away via FedEx. This is outstanding customer service, and a superior product. As an owner of rental properties, Kingston products will be my go-to manufacturer.

KES J131 All BRASS 6-Inch Shower Head Fixed Mount Rainfall Style, Polished Chrome
Offered by KES Faucet & Shower
Price: $85.00
4 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All Metal - Just what I need!, October 31, 2015
I was shopping for an all metal showerhead because of its durability. This model fit my needs nicely. I was a bit skeptical because the price is quite reasonable, but I am very pleased with the purchase. Since I have rental units, this will be my choice for future needs.

WATTS BRASS & TUBULAR 3/4 LL100XL-DP-150/210 T and P Relief Valve, 3/4-Inch
WATTS BRASS & TUBULAR 3/4 LL100XL-DP-150/210 T and P Relief Valve, 3/4-Inch
Offered by ShopChanute
Price: $14.10
12 used & new from $11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the purchase, February 27, 2015
It's a TPR valve...that being said, it is very well made, and the seller (Bargain the People) shipped surprisingly quickly. Very pleased with the purchase, and will use the seller in future purchases, despite it's "radical 60's" mantra!

Whirlpool 3976584 Timer for Dryer
Whirlpool 3976584 Timer for Dryer
Offered by TOP PARTS
Price: $83.32
16 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars the price of this part is the best on the net, September 15, 2014
I don't know if I'm thrilled to have properly diagnosed the problem with the dryer, or that I am thrilled with this part and the speed I received it! First rate service from the order process through installation! By the way, the price of this part is the best on the net, at least as far as I can tell. And with Amazon Prime, you really cannot find a better service.

Finally, if I had misdiagnosed the problem with the dryer, returns are always easy. Very happy all the way around.

Leviton 9726-C2 One-Piece Glazed Porcelain Outlet Box Mount Incandescent Lampholder, Pull Chain, Top Wired, White
Price: $12.12
4 used & new from $9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Well Made, August 30, 2014
I am always reluctant to purchase any electrical or plumbing supplies because most are cheap, foreign-made junk. However, this outlet box is very well made and a quality item.

The key to assess this part is the solid feel of the pull cord. None of the parts shift inside the box. I am comfortable recommending this box, and would not hesitate to purchase another one.

Citrus II 3-Pack Germicidal Deodorizing Spray Cleaner, 22-Ounce
Citrus II 3-Pack Germicidal Deodorizing Spray Cleaner, 22-Ounce
Price: $23.27
9 used & new from $23.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Formula!, August 6, 2014
This product astounds me! Unlike the other citrus-based cleaners I've tried, this one has far-reaching cleaning applications. I use it the clean about anything around the house or my workshop, and as a DIY'er, I have found it effective as a hands cleaner as well.

I hope the formula doesn't change. Don't fix what ain't broke!

The Battle of the Crater: A Novel
The Battle of the Crater: A Novel
by Newt Gingrich
198 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Battle of the Crater, March 13, 2012
I've read all of the Civil War books written jointly by Gingrich and Forstchen. This book proved to be as enjoyable with realistic depictions of the Civil War battlefield(s). As a former soldier, the authors have a keen ability to hearken memories of life in the field - a rare talent.

My only criticism of the book is that it glosses over the inadequacies inherent in raw and untested troops and implies prejudice drove the unit's failures. While it certainly played a major role in the unit's treatment by veteran units, such treatment would occur to some degree for ANY green and untested unit. "PC" has no place in such an otherwise fine book.

Rothco Mechanics Tool Bag W/ Brass Zipper, Olive Drab
Rothco Mechanics Tool Bag W/ Brass Zipper, Olive Drab
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $15.99
12 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, sturdy construction, versatile, August 23, 2011
While I don't recall access to this bag while I served in the Army, I am pleased to have one now! I was pleasantly suprised to see the quality of the construction of the tool bag. I look for stitching of the seams and quality of the zipper and snaps - all are of first quailty!

Finally, the price sold me. It is well worth 25% more than the advertised price. I intend to purchase the larger bag as the need arises.