Profile for S. H. Wells > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 516

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. H. Wells RSS Feed (Tulsa, OK United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GreenWorks GST80320 80V 16-Inch String Trimmer, Battery and Charger Not Included
Price: $199.00
3 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Trimmer!, July 27, 2015
This 80v string trimmer was the perfect solution for my 1/3 acre lot.

The trimmer arrived and required some basic assembly (the only tool needed is a Phillips "X" head screwdriver). The trimmer guard has a reversible guide that needs is delivered in the 14" position. If you want the full 16" cutting swath, you need to reverse the guide (which is as simple as backing out two Phillips head screws and then putting them back in). The large plastic handle was the most difficult part of the procedure: the plastic handle ships screwed together. It should be a simple procedure to unscrew, fit the handle anywhere that is comfortable on the upper length of the trimmer and then screw together again. Unfortunately the factor had tightened these screws very tight! And the screws are located slightly under the handle which makes it difficult to get a direct angle on the heads. I had to use my cordless driver to back the screws out.

The trimmer arrived with some string loaded, but you'll soon need more. I was very pleased with how easy it was to load string into this trimmer. I cut a sing 10-foot length off of SuperTrim2 SSQ080D1/2-12 1/2-Pound Spool of .08-Inch-by-200-Foot Home Owner-Grade Square Grass Trimmer Line. The 0.08 thickness is the recommended string, but I have seen people use the 0.095 string as well. After cutting the length of string, line up the lines on the trimmer head. Insert the string through one hole and pull it through until both sides are approximately equal length. The bump feed head has arrows showing you the direction to wind. Hold the trimmer head and turn the button. The button clicks as it winds the string into place.

The bump feed also works brilliantly. An easy tap or two on the grass and fresh string advances into place. This easy feed system means no down time even when working along the chain link fence line.

Since I already had the GreenWorks GLM801600 80V 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, I was familiar with the power in Greenworks 80v system. I also knew that I wanted the bigger GreenWorks GBA80400 80V 4.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery so that I could use it interchangeably with my mower.

The trimmer equipped with the 4.0Ah battery has a lot of staying power. I was able to edge the front yard. The handle allows you operate the trimmer sideways. It makes beautiful lines along the edges of the sidewalk and driveway. I still had plenty of juice to take the trimmer into the backyard. There is a turbo button on the handle that revs up the trimmer and slices through vines, weeds, and runaway stalks.

The only downside to the 4.0Ah battery with this trimmer (besides cost) is that it can be heavy. Fortunately there is a shoulder strap that really helps balance the unit and takes all the weight off of the arms. When I figured out the shoulder strap, it enabled me to use this trimmer indefinitely.

Investing in this admittedly pricey system was worth it to me. I had the freedom and power to do heavy yard work without the hassle of storing gasoline at my house. Since my garage also doubles as a home gym, I can store the trimmer in the garage without introducing noxious fumes. I was very happy with how quickly the battery chopped through vines and tall grasses. Finally, the added convenience of a second battery to use with my mower means that I can work non-stop in my large yard by simply charging one battery when I trim and charging the other battery when I mow.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GreenWorks GLM801600 80V 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, Battery and Charger Not Included
Price: $299.99
9 used & new from $247.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Mower!, July 26, 2015
My new mower arrived from Amazon, and I've already put it to the test on my nearly 1/3 acre lot. I am overall very happy with this mower: it cuts well, and it is comfortable to use.

The UPS guy brought the mower to my door (this item does ship with its retail packaging visible). There is very limited assembly required. The only thing I had to do out of the box is place a couple bolts to hold the handle. Select the cutting height as well as handle bar angle that is most comfortable, and this mower is ready to work.

I invested in the GreenWorks GBA80400 80V 4.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery , and it was worth every penny for a large yard. A fully charged battery worked for just under an hour in thick grass. I also picked up the GreenWorks GST80320 80V 16-Inch String Trimmer and another battery, so I was able to work continuously all day in my yard. The battery happens to charge is just about an hour: while I mowed, the other battery charged. When I trimmed, I charged the first battery. By the time I was ready for the backyard, so was my first battery. Obviously these batteries aren't cheap, but I found the investment in Greenworks 80v system to be worth it. The mower cuts as well as a gas mower with no fumes, no oil or gas stored in the house, and a similar level of noise as my vacuum cleaner.

The 80v battery provided enough juice to power through the wet/clumpy grass in my front lawn. The mower engine revs up and slows down automatically based on how much work the motor has to do. In thick grass the mower engine powers through with an audible volume increase. Shady parts of the yard with low and thin grass does not tax the motor as much, and this mower has the brains to conserve the battery over these spots. Between the smart motor and large cutting area, I was very happy with how well this mower cuts.

The mower is also comfortable to use. The handle can be adjusted to the best angle for the user. Adjusting cutting height is also as simple as moving a lever forward or backward. But the nicest comfort feature is the push button starter: hold down the ignition button and pull the throttle to the handle and the mower starts right up. No choke, no string to pull! Since this mower uses no oil or gas, I can store it my garage which also doubles as my gym without introducing noxious fumes. Finally, the quiet motor means that I can start mowing early in order to beat the summer heat without waking the neighbors.

This mower is quiet, clean, and powerful. It is comfortable and easy to use. The powerful 80v battery handled everything my yard could throw at it. If you invest in a second 80v tool with another battery, you'll be able to work continuously. Otherwise the 4ah battery would work for yards that can be mowed in 45 minutes to an hour.

Wrangler Men's Authentic Classic Carpenter Short, Khaki, 32
Wrangler Men's Authentic Classic Carpenter Short, Khaki, 32
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Look and Quality Construction, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The 32" waist fit as expected on these truly classic carpenter shorts. These shorts are a summertime staple and are perfect for any casual setting. Dress them up with a polo for a summer night out on the town, or dress down with a t-shirt for hanging out poolside.

The shorts stop at or just above the knee. Multiple pockets and the standard tool loop round out these shorts. The pockets and loop are unobtrusive, but sure come in handy when you work in these shorts. I like the pockets to hold little screws so they don't get lost.

The material and construction feel durable. The material is thick, and the hardware (especially the zipper) seems higher quality. Just like with jeans, the material becomes more supple with wearing.

The classic look and quality construction make these shorts easy to recommend to anyone shopping for some new clothes this summer.

Zone Perfect Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bar, Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk, 1.41 oz, 30 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Chewy Chocolate Oat Treats, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When they advertise "great taste", they aren't kidding: these bars taste like a chocolate oatmeal dessert with chocolate chunks rather than your typical protein bar. At 180 calories per bar and 10g of protein, these bars work well for endurance activities. The relatively high calories and protein make these bars a perfect pack companion for hikes and camping trips. They are so good that it is hard to eat just one bar, but if you have some discipline these bars can make a good substitute for traditional desserts. While ice cream and candy are also high in sugar, these bars provide a some protein which will help them satiate longer.

These bars are gluten-free but they are made with dairy and egg. I liked that the ingredient list, although high in sugar and "syrups", contained only recognizable food ingredients (way too many food items read like the inventory of a chemistry lab).

Dieters should be cautioned: these bars have a lot of calories and they are fairly small. In other words, they are calorie-dense and contain sugar. Unfortunately these are only a little better than candy if weight loss is a goal. But as part of an active lifestyle, I can recommend these bars as a tasty way to pack some energy for the trail.

SteelSeries Siberia X100 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
SteelSeries Siberia X100 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
Price: $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry Level Xbox One Headphones, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Siberia X100 should have been an good entry-level gaming headset. Unfortunately, there was a critical mistake made with microphone: the onboard mic is small omnidirectional nub located at your ear. The mic simply doesn't work at broadcasting normal or quiet speech very well. If you "speak up" the mic will broadcast your voice fine. For a similar price, the boom-mic-equipped Xbox One Stereo Headset is simply a smarter buy.

If you don't mind speaking loudly, or if some reason you don't like boom micrphones, read on because then (and only then) these headphones might be a good choice for you.

The X100s include the adapter for the Xbox One that allows users to control the chat and game volume independently while also keeping mic mute conveniently located at your fingertips. The cloth padded headband and earpieces are comfortable, and the overall headphones are remarkably light weight. The cloth fits over the entire ear, and users who sweat with the leather earpieces may appreciate these.

The game sound quality was good. The microphones provide decent sound in an entry-level package. The bass was full if not thunderous. The treble never wandered into the tinny range that sometimes occurs with small speakers.

Overall, the comfort and sound were adequate for an entry level headset. Unfortunately the mic's design means that there is already a better pair of headphones on the market for a similar price. I would recommend that shoppers take a look at Microsoft's Xbox One Stereo Headphones before deciding to purchase these headphones.

SteelSeries Siberia X300 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
SteelSeries Siberia X300 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Options for Wired Headphones, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are probably the best wired headphones available for the Xbox One with added bonus that the boom microphone tucks away inside the ear piece so you can use the headphones while listening to music at home or on the plane. In terms of functionality, comfort, and sound quality these headphones are easy to recommend to anyone looking for a good pair of gaming headphones.

Functionally, these headphones offer a solid gaming experience and are easily versatile enough to become the "go to" headphones for a variety of listening situations. If you are looking for a multipurpose headphone that will also work with the Xbox One, then the X300 is the way to go. The X300 is a good choice for Xbox One users, but if the Xbox One is the sole reason for purchasing headphones, your money will go farther with Ear Force Stealth 420X . The telescoping mic is a brilliant touch that keeps the mic handy when you need it, but allows these headphones to be perfect companions while travelling.

The intended use for these X300 is the Xbox One, and the arrived smartly packaged in an Xbox branded box. The X300 comes with an adapter that is slightly smaller than the standalone Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. However just like the standalone adapter, the X300 offers channel volume control so you can adjust game volume independently of chat volume. The mic mute and headphone mute buttons are also conveniently located on the adapter. There is also a mic mute toggle located on the earpiece as well.

Friends noted that my chat voice was clear and easy to understand, although slightly less crisp than Turtle Beach's 420X. However since the X300's are hardwired to the controller, there was none of the lost signal that can (and does) occur with the 420X's.

Finally in terms of functionality, sometimes simplicity is best, and the case of local multiplayer games the X300 holds an advantage. The X300 headphones plug into a controller and whoever is using the controller also uses the headphones. The wireless 420X's have an annoying problem of being "assigned" to a user that has signed in. If multiple people are gaming together on one console, using the settings app to correctly assign the 420X is time consuming. For couch coop sessions, the X300 and other wired headphones for guests is hands down the way to go.

These headphones have an ingenious headband system that basically allows the band to melt onto the users heads providing an unbelievably comfortable experience. I wear glasses, and I struggle with "too tight" headphones because they apply too much pressure to my ears. But too loose and the headphones will slide all over the place. I had my doubts about headphones that did not have a traditionally adjustable band.

Happily, I can report that this headband system is among the most comfortable and is absolutely the easiest to wear that I've ever experienced. The inner band has very slight resistance as it expands to hit the wearer's head. On each side of the of the inner band are two retracting wires that provide the tension for the inner band. The four wires seem to be independent which allows the inner band to adjust to basically any sized head. The rigid outer bands provide the squeeze that keeps the earpieces in place. The weight of the outer band and earpieces is removed from the inner band by this ingenious halo system. It feels as if almost nothing is resting on my head while the earpieces fit snugly.

The headband system coupled with the soft leather-like earpieces combine for a very comfortable headphone experience.

Finally no matter how comfortable or functional headphones are, sound is the most important quality. The X300's provide deep bass as well as distinct highs. The earpieces are designed well enough to significantly muffle exterior noise, while the speakers have enough volume to really allow you to exist "in" the game. During a session of The Elder Scrolls Online the X300s really had a chance to shine: I could hear the distinct sound of nirnroot even while I was pretty far away. I had a foraging advantage with my headphones over relying on the TV's speakers.

The X300 provides a full set of features that gamers need while also offering quality sound and an unbelievably comfortable experience. The fact that users never lose the signal and they don't have to lose a USB port on the Xbox makes the X300 a strong contender against Turtle Beach's 420X. If you play lots of local coop games, or if you want to bring your headphones into other situations the X300s have a distinct advantage.

Ear Force Stealth 420X Premium Fully Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox One and Mobile devices (TBS-2470-01)
Price: $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Wireless Xbox One Headphones with Impressive Features, July 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These headphones are great! These headphones are a perfect choice that balance excellent features, gorgeous sound, and a high level of comfort.

Set up was very easy. The headphones use a small USB stick to communicate with Xbox. I used one of the rear mounted ports on my Xbox. After inserting the stick, use a push pin to depress a small recessed reset button on the USB Stick. Pressing this reset button will cause the USB Stick to flash rapidly. Hold the large button on the center of the earpiece and it will also flash. Pairing is complete once the lights stop pulsing and become solid. The stick remembers the pairing even if you unplug the Xbox.

Physically, the earphones have a bit of weight to them but they are comfortable. The faux leather ear pieces are soft and smooth and feel very comfortable on the skin. I wear glasses, so headphones that exert too much pressure on my ears won't work, but the headband on these 420Xs adjusts so I was easily able to find a size that felt good. I have worn these for hours on end, and they are amazingly comfortable.

The sound quality is beautiful. Sometimes I will just leave them on to watch TV because the sound is so much clearer than through the TV's speakers.

The first time I used them, immediately a friend in a party wanted to know what I was using because I sounded clearer than anyone he's ever heard on Xbox One. The boom mic is fully adjustable and according to everyone I've spoken to on my Xbox One creates the best quality chat they've ever heard. These are hands down among the best headphones for voice chat available.

The single best advantage over my previous headphones is the mic monitoring. These headphones provide a very natural ability to hear your own voice through the speaker. Good headphones (these included) muffle a significant amount of external noise. Unfortunately for gamers, this also means that you used to not be able to hear yourself very well (or I've seen gamers wear headphones with one headphone askew off so they could hear themselves). At any rate, these 420X's allow you to hear yourself through the headphones. I didn't feel the urge to "speak up" to be able to be heard.

The feature set included on these headphones is impressive. Independent volume controls for game sound and party chat is a great feature. Volume is controlled by two wheels on the back of the ear piece. I would've liked the volume to "click" into place between levels rather than work as a continuous dimmer because I did accidentally bump the volume on a couch pillow if I gamed in a reclined position.

The presets are also a nice feature. The Bass Boost preset offers quite a bit of brain rattling depth to the headphones. Each preset is fully articulated by a lady's voice inside the headphones, so you know what you're selected.

The lady's voice is very helpful in all aspects of using these headphones. If you toggle the mic on/off she says "Mic On" or "Mic Off" so there is no confusion (brilliant!). She also speaks "powering on" and "powering off" as well as "charging" so you're not forced to interpret beeps and chirps. This articulate voice inside the head phones is a great feature.

The rechargeable battery on these headphones will last all day. I got into a full day of Elder Scrolls Online this weekend--from noon till after midnight and the battery lasted the entire time. The advertised battery life is 15 hours, and I believe it!

A few minor albeit notable problems. First I have had the headphones drop the sound a couple times. The range that you can travel away from the Xbox is very limited. If I sunk down too deep into the couch, I think the arm may have blocked the line of sight and resulted in a few intermittent signal drops. These "hiccups" last about 1 or 2 seconds at most. Sitting close and with my head fully "visible" seems to solve this problem.

And the final problem is really just me being nitpicky. The USB to mini-USB charger cord that is included is ridiculously short. I had to get a new cable to reach from the power strip just a couple feet up to the headphone stand on the the entertainment console. The mini-USB connection is also very small. I like to charge my toys after I play with them and it is a little difficult to plug the headphones in at night without turning on the lights. I would've preferred and easier to use dock of some sort.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2015 3:03 PM PDT

Panasonic RP-HXS200M-W Sound Rush On-Ear Headphones, White/Gray
Panasonic RP-HXS200M-W Sound Rush On-Ear Headphones, White/Gray
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice for Travel, July 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I brought these Panasonic earphones with me on the last flight that I took. Overall I was happy with the comfort and sound and very impressed with the portability.

The ear pads and adjustable band are comfortable. I wear glasses, so headphones that exert too much pressure become a nuisance quickly. Fortunately these earphones are lightweight and were comfortable for the entire flight. The pad is faux leather material that did feel nice. The surface area of the pads covered my entire ear without resting on my face. Sometimes other ear pads will make my face a bit irritated because the skin can't breath. I was glad that these ear pads rest almost entirely on the ears and not on the face.

Comfortable or not, sound quality is important. For flying volume is also important. The ear phones are loud enough that I was able to listen to my audiobooks clearly despite the roaring jet engine. In the hotel, the sound is not as good as my home earphones, but I hate traveling with expensive things so I was still happy with this product. The bass was not particularly deep, but music came through with plenty of range. Compared to the anxiety of leaving my expensive earphones in the hotel room or the risk of breaking them while trying to get them in and out of my bag, I would recommend these earphones for anyone who is planning a trip.

Speaking of travel: the earphones collapse and fold up! They fit rather flush in a briefcase and they are lightweight.

These won't surpass a powerful home hi-fi system or high end headphones, but for home and casual use I am very happy with them.

ReplacementBrand Samsung DA29-00020B Comparable Refrigerator Water Filter
ReplacementBrand Samsung DA29-00020B Comparable Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $15.00
3 used & new from $12.38

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Compatible with Samsung French Door Refrigerator, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This filter works as well--if not slightly better--than the name brand Samsung filter. I used this replacement filter for my SAMSUNG French Door Refrigerator it worked better than the Samsung brand filters I usually order on Amazon. The form factor is nearly identical to the Samsung brand. It installs in the fridge in exactly the same manner. However the Replacement Brand filter produced a much better flow in the water dispenser. The improved performance of my water dispenser was a pleasant surprise.

The only difference of note between the two models is the source: the Samsung brand filter is made in Mexico with globally sourced parts, while the Replacement Brand filter is made in China.

This filter is cheaper and better (!!!) than the usual brand of filter that I purchase. This product is easy to recommend, and it is what I will purchase in the future.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Microfiber Pet Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, Blue
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Approved, July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This soft blanket covers both cushions of the love seat or part of the couch. It measures about 3' wide by 4' long. The microfiber material feels soft and cleans up easily in the washing machine. The dog bone design is cute. Best of all, the blanket keeps the dog hair contained and helps keep the couches looking nice.

The dog took to his new blanket immediately. I am happy with this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20