Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for DigitalVox > Reviews

Browse

DigitalVox's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DigitalVox RSS Feed (California)

10,000 Days
10,000 Days
Price: $11.92
144 used & new from $3.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool continues to amaze..., November 18, 2007
This review is from: 10,000 Days (Audio CD)
Tool's 5th album in 17 years. They are not the most prolific band in the industry but every album they have come out with has been groundbreaking, epic and timeless, and their last, 10,000 Days, is no exception. I am tired of reading all of these reviews that say that Tool has slackened and their last effort is a disappointment. It isn't! Just because it's not Aenima or Lateralus Pt. 2 does not mean that it's worse. They're not exactly moving in a completely new direction with 10,000 days (their music in general is already a completely new direction), it is simply a new chapter in their book of head-scratchingly amazing and complex albums. Minus the filler, every single song is a winner. Even the drawn-out Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days have their purpose. They are not necessarily supposed to go somewhere specific or invoke rocking out, but they create an atmosphere that is undeniable. Vicarious and Jambi are both complex rockers in the epic Tool vein. Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days tone it down but nevertheless keep the listener interested in what's to come. The Pot picks up with the rocking with the help of the intricate bass lines courtesy of Mr. Chancellor. The last 3 songs are no worse or less epic. The only tracks that can be skipped on the album are the filler, which I've never been too big of a fan of. I'm not going to go into song specifics as most of the people reading this are probably already Tool fans or have at least had some previous exposure and are not completely unfamiliar with their music. My main point here is that it's not a step down for Tool. It was undoubtedly the best rock album of 2006. I'm not saying that it is necessarily their best album (I personally am partial to Aenima) but it is nonetheless an excellent album and far from a disappointment. If you are a Tool fan and debating whether to get this then do not hesitate. It is an excellent continuation to Tool's unique ability to boggle minds. Or if you are just a metal fan in general don't hesitate to pick this up either. It will make you headbang and think at the same time, something that has not been done properly in a while. Bottom line, it is just good. It's good for Tool and it's good for metal in general. It's just plain good.

Deltron 3030
Deltron 3030
20 used & new from $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it really that good? Yes... and better..., November 13, 2007
This review is from: Deltron 3030 (Audio CD)
I first heard about this album after getting Dr. Octagonecologyst and finding out that the genius responsible for it, Dan the Automator, is also responsible for Deltron. I was immediately drawn to Automator's futuristic and spacey beats and after getting comfortable with Octagon I moved on to this. I first read some of the amazon reviews before listening to it and I was amazed at how hyped up this album was. Countless people raved that it was an incredible album and some claimed it the greatest hip hop album period. After reading such rave reviews and being such a fan of Octagon's beats how could I miss out on this one?

I must admit that it was almost exclusively Automator who drew me to this album. I liked what I heard from Del in Gorillaz but I didn't think too much of it. But after listening to the album, I now realize that although Automator is probably the most responsible for the album's genius, Del and Kid Koala both contributed brilliantly to it and it is truly a team effort. I first listened to Deltron in the car during a three hour trip and I was being blown away every minute of it. Usually it takes me several listens to dub an album "genius." Such was definitely the case with Tool's albums. But this was pure gold on the first listen. Automator's incredibly original beats are so refreshing in this day and age of mainstream rap's bland and recycled ones. And Del's creative and seemingly nonsensical and futuristically-geared lyrics are equally refreshing in comparison with 50 Cent's contrived, self-glorifying macho monologues about b!tche$ and bling. Every single beat that Automator lays down on this album is money except for Battlesong, which I wasn't a fan of. Del's lyrics are consistently head-scratching and mysteriously cool. The title track is probably the highlight of the album and is one of the top 5 greatest hip hop songs I have ever heard. Automator has an uncanny ability to create a beautiful and eerie environment, as shown by 3030 and Blue Flowers off of Octagon.

As far as comparisons go with the Octagon album, I can honestly say that this album is better and is in fact the best hip hop album I have ever heard. However, Octagon is brilliant in its own right and Automator's beats are still very impressive and light years ahead of its time. The main difference comes from the MC's. Kool Keith is an acquired taste and if you're into completely nonsensical, non-rhythmic, non-rhyming and utterly perverted and dark lyrics then Octagon is for you. Either way, check both albums out as they are both prime examples of innovation, originality and creativity that have yet to be surpassed in hip hop. Dan the Automator is the supreme hip hop producer and the only other who can match him is Stoupe from Jedi Mind Tricks. If you want something new, something cool, or just plain amazing, this one is essential.
10/10

Nevermind
Nevermind
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $11.09
332 used & new from $0.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible music from a terrible band.., June 4, 2007
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
You know, for as much hype as Nirvana gets, they really did write some mediocre music. They get remembered as "legends" for inventing trash called grunge and simply because Cobain killed himself like the martyr that he thought he was. I am not reviewing "Nevermind" specifically but I am moreover reviewing all of Nirvana's music, since this album is no less and no more garbage than the other 2 albums.
This music completely lacks in depth, substance and any musical talent. The musicianship is extremely mediocre and childish and the songwriting is certainly no better. Isn't it wonderful that this kind of music burst onto the scene in the early 90's and displaced classic rock?

Drop this music (not just Nevermind) but all of Nirvana and enlighten yourself with real music like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Yes and Queen. Cheers
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2007 7:56 PM PDT

Led Zeppelin IV (aka ZOSO)
Led Zeppelin IV (aka ZOSO)
Price: $19.30
219 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, June 3, 2007
I would like to start this review by stating that this is, arguably, the greatest rock album ever recorded. I don't see how it has an overall 4.5 star rating and it's all of the idiotic 1-star reviews that bring it down. I'm not calling it the best rock album of all time because I'm giving in to the hype about it, because I'm not. I own it and have listened through it over a hundred times so I am more than familiar with it, along with the rest of Zeppelin's music. This is simply the most complete, diverse and distinctive album ever. Not only are Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham gods of their instruments but they are likewise with song writing. The songs range from funky rock and roll (Black Dog, Rock and Roll) to groovy melodies (Misty Mountain Hop) to the more melodic ballads (Battle of Evermore, Going to California) to the epic heavy hitters on the album, Stairway and When the Levee Breaks. These four guys have mastered blues-inspired rock and roll and play it like no other. Jimmy Page is equally masterful and brilliant with the electric and acoustic guitars and his melodies are some of the most unconventional, odd time-signatured yet captivating ever. This is the quintissential hard rock album and it seems like all other albums should be measured up against this one.

I give every single song on this album a 10/10 with the exception of Four Sticks, which I would give a 9.5. Albums can't really rate much higher.

These are the gods of rock and this is their masterpiece. No person who claims to listen to rock should be without it. Don't pay any attention to the 1-star reviews, or the 2- and 3- star reviews, for that matter. They are ridiculous and written solely out of rebellion. Let them listen to their Fallout Boys and Nirvanas and Panic at the Discos. This is real music.

I am someone who usually does not give in to fads and trends just for the sake of doing it, but Led Zeppelin IV is a trend that I can't help but follow. It's simply the best..
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2015 10:31 PM PST

Kezia
Kezia
60 used & new from $21.84

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this is what the future brings..., May 1, 2007
This review is from: Kezia (Audio CD)
I first heard the cd about a year ago when one of my friends was blasting it in his car and all I remember about it was the excessive noise but I did get the band name from him. A year later I listen to the cd again and I have a newfound respect for the guys. This CD is truly mindblowing. I can honestly say that I listen to the entire CD every single day and I am still not tired. Several factors contribute to this perseverence. First, the catchiness is undeniable and the sound is so fresh. Another thing to note is that none of the songs have choruses and at times it's a little overwhelming trying to keep up with 5 minutes of everchanging melodies and tempos. I can truly say that this band does not sound like any other band I have ever heard. Second, what struck me about the band was the absolutely superb musicianship. I was blown away by the level of virtuosity with which these 19 year olds play. Right from the get-go they kick the doors down with guns blazing and don't stop until the last minute. This separates them from so many of their contemporaries who sacrifice instrumental skill for catchy hooks. The guitars shred like no other, the bass pounds away quite intricately, the drums thunder with such ferocity you wonder how the kit stays intact and the singer possesses a remarkably beautiful voice ranging from melodic singing to almost death-metal grunts. This might be considered drastic thinking but I would pick this over Slayer and Slipknot anyday. It is well worth the 9 dollars and more!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2007 5:13 PM PST