Profile for Mark > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark RSS Feed

Skins A200 Women's Compression Long Tights, Small, Black/Black
Skins A200 Women's Compression Long Tights, Small, Black/Black
Price: $90.32
5 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Swimming!, March 9, 2013
Looking for a substitute for sunscreen, which damages the coral and natural habitat, I bought these for the waters of Mexico and they worked great. They didn't lose much of their compression in the water. I didn't have to wonder if my skin was getting burnt once. These go well with kayaking shirts.

Leica 18715 D-Lux 5 Handgrip
Leica 18715 D-Lux 5 Handgrip
Offered by PhotoCraft
Price: $125.00
5 used & new from $63.95

3.0 out of 5 stars An improvement for sure, but not perfect..., April 12, 2011
I purchased the hand grip accessory as I was having trouble keeping my grip on my new Leica D-Lux 5 (which I absolutely adore). I had purchased the brown leather case which was designed for the D-Lux 5, which is itself quite beautiful, & which comes with a wrist strap which I constantly used before even taking the camera from its case. It is a good thing, too, as on a number of occasions I lost my grip due to the camera's smooth texture, which is so slippery (for all its elegance). If it had not been for the strap, the camera would have undoubtedly fallen. This was the reason I decided to purchase the hand grip. This accessory is definitely an improvement, though even the grip itself is smooth & not that large (due, I'm sure, to the fact that the camera itself is so compact in size). The grip, does, however, allow me to hold the camera with one hand, though I will always (neurotically, or perhaps wisely) have the wrist strap attached at all times. The grip screws easily & securely to the bottom of the camera & looks fine (though I still prefer the lines of the camera sans grip). The problem is this: if you have purchased the leather case that was designed for the D-Lux 5, be aware that the hand grip, once attached, will prevent the camera from fitting in the case(!). I cannot understand why the camera was not designed with the hand grip built in & the case made to accommodate that design, but there you have it. My predicament, then, is that every time I remove the camera from its case, or go to put it back in, I must detach & carry elsewhere on me this accessory. I will not lie: this is totally annoying. However, that being perhaps more an overall design flaw of the camera itself (which is otherwise a real beauty), the grip itself is a marked improvement, though not so much so that I could rate it higher than I have.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2012 9:16 AM PDT

Leica 18752 D-Lux 5 Leather Case
Leica 18752 D-Lux 5 Leather Case
16 used & new from $127.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little case with only one flaw..., April 12, 2011
I love my new Leica D-Lux 5, & adore the case being reviewed. I purchased the brown leather version, though it comes in black as well (though I am told it is not nearly as elegant in black). It really is a beautifully crafted case for an exquisite camera. It comes with a long leather strap, which I never use, which clips onto either side of the case. Honestly, it's a rather feminine look with the strap (which is fine, of course), but I prefer to loop it through my belt, & it is always at my side. It has a magnetic "snap" at the bottom on the case, which works really well & has a nice feel to it. It has never opened without my intentionally doing so. The camera fits quite snugly within, & feels secure. The only downside has more to do with the camera's design, perhaps, than the case, but they are unfortunately related. As the texture of the camera is SO smooth, it often feels in danger of slipping out of my grip, which it has on a number of occasions, actually. Luckily, I am neurotic enough to never take the camera out of the case without first looping the wrist strap (which comes with the case) around my wrist. I would highly recommend doing so. The look of the design, with the wrist strap hanging alongside the case itself, is quite nice, & is effective. However, as I found the camera to be so smooth in texture, hence so insecure in my hands, I purchased the hand grip accessory, which screws into the bottom of the camera & significantly (though not entirely) increases my hold on the camera. The only problem is this: the camera will not fit in the case with the hand grip attached, which means I must continually attach & re-attach it every time I take the camera from its case, if I wish to use that accessory. This also means, of course, that I must somehow carry the hand grip separately from the camera, which is honestly quite annoying. I can't understand why the camera wasn't designed with the hand grip & the case subsequently designed to hold the camera as such. That not-with-standing, the case itself is LOVELY...that's the word for it. Even considering the flaw just described, I highly recommend the case. It is the case both made for & worthy of the Leica D-Lux 5.