Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Ruth Adamson > Reviews

Browse

Ruth Adamson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ruth Adamson RSS Feed (Dallas, Tx)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Traces of Guilt (An Evie Blackwell Cold Case)
Traces of Guilt (An Evie Blackwell Cold Case)
by Dee Henderson
Price: $9.02
67 used & new from $7.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Evie Blackwell Series Has Potential to be Good, May 5, 2016
I'm a huge fan Dee's earlier novels, the O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series but the jury's still out on this one. I'm sort of puzzled why Dee decided to put so many mysteries in one book. If you include the surprises, maybe 6? 7? And they don't seem to lead up to anything. Solve a mystery while investigating a couple others, solve another mystery while investigating a couple of others ... repeat. Having said all that, this book seems like a good intro for Evie and the Thames brothers who are all working out their careers and romantic interests. Hopefully future books will put more of a focus on suspense, relationships, and how God factors into them both.

Match Made: a Lauren Holbrook novel, Book 4 (The Lauren Holbrook Series)
Match Made: a Lauren Holbrook novel, Book 4 (The Lauren Holbrook Series)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Part 1 of Anne's Story, May 2, 2016
I love the Lauren Holbrook series and this is no exception. While I would have liked some sort of dilemma this was still very entertaining. Just be warned, this book stops in the middle of Anne's story and book 5, Bake Me a Match book picks it up. Neither one can be bought separately for a whole story and for that reason alone I rated this book four stars instead of five.

Star Wars: Battlefront - Standard Edition - PlayStation 4
Star Wars: Battlefront - Standard Edition - PlayStation 4
Offered by Purple Hydrant Games
Price: $25.29
248 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Action and Shooter Game, May 2, 2016
My family loves this game because one we can play together while being in the Star Wars universe. The graphics are amazing and when we play as a group, we (trash) talk more to each other than listen to what they say in the game. I'm guessing some people - aka Gamers - hoped this would be a role playing game with a storyline, so if that's what you are looking for this is not the game for you. But if you are looking to play Star Wars with an expanding online universe ... PlayStation has already added another land ... get this one! NOTE FOR PARENTS: This is rated Teen but I haven't noticed any swearing in it if you have young kids

Healing Praise CD
Healing Praise CD
13 used & new from $4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Scriptures and Music about God's Word and Healing, May 2, 2016
This review is from: Healing Praise CD (Audio CD)
Great to listen to music and scripture while you are leaning on God during a physical challenge.

Bake Me A Match (The Lauren Holbrook series Book 5)
Bake Me A Match (The Lauren Holbrook series Book 5)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 of Anne's Story, May 1, 2016
I love the Lauren Holbrook series and this is no exception. While I would have liked some sort of dilemma this was still very entertaining. Just be warned, book 4 "Match Made" stops in the middle of Ann's story and this book picks it up. Neither one tells a complete story and for that reason alone I rated this book four stars instead of five.

View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
Price: $12.59
123 used & new from $7.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entery Level VR Headset for KIDS, April 11, 2016
Update: I just downloaded the ios game Firefly Rescue for $1. It's a perfect 360 3D game for this item. Per CNet, They tried 10 great games and more are on the way!
ORIGINAL REVIEW: Let me start by saying what this is NOT. This is NOT an Oculus Rift. This is NOT meant for "gaming" - even though it has games. IMHO, this is not meant for adults or older kids, even though I had fun testing it out. What this IS, is a simple educational tool for young kids that are about 5 to 8 years .. maybe 9. So based on that, here is my review:
THE GOOD: It's easy to set up and start using as long as you read the instructions. For instance, you are not going to see the 3D floating image unless you are less than 10" away from the reel. It also has an adapter for an iPhone 5 which works great. I sampled the one about space and it was amazing to look around, play games and find out fun facts. It's kind of like a kids museum with interactive displays. There are also hundreds of 3D and 3D 360 youtube videos you can watch with this ... but of course, they are not all meant for kids! so moms and dads may want to load them or create a playlist.
THE OK: The handle isn't very sensitive and you have to hold it down for a few seconds, sometimes more than once, to get it to work. It's also not fun to take off your phone case every time you want to use it but it's not a huge deal. If you use a screen protector (like me) and you don't get all of the dust off when applying it (like me) every speck will be HUGE through the viewfinder.
THE BAD: There is no way to wear earbuds with this unless they are wireless. This really irks me because all they had to do was add a little hole or half moon indent to the cover. Didn't they have anybody test the prototypes???
SUMMARY: My first impression is that its a great little learning gadget under $20, under $30 if you add a reel. I'll try to update the review once I hand it over to my nephew and get an expert opinion! ***Just a little note ... there are hacks on youtube to make this 'hands free' for under $5.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2016 5:42 PM PDT

Old Rose and Silver
Old Rose and Silver
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Charming Romance, April 10, 2016
I read this years ago after purchasing at an antique store. It is a funny and charming romance with a touch of old timey melodrama. I would compare it to the grown up years of Little Women and Anne of Green Gables. I love reading it on a rainy day with a cuppa tea. Do yourself a favor, if you love the book as much as I do, get an antique copy ... it's a truly beautiful book in and out.

OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - White/Black
OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - White/Black
Offered by GoTek
Price: $18.99
3 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for broken home button, April 4, 2016
I bought this for my iPhone 5 because my home button fell off and thought this hold it on... and it does! And since I will eventually upgrade it's SO much better than paying $200 for a replacement. The screen protector is to help it be water resistant but since I didn't really care about that I removed it. It was too hard to use the touch screen with it on. Love the easy, budget friendly fix!

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins
Price: $16.17
488 used & new from $5.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl Gone Wrong, April 4, 2016
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Hardcover)
This book's plot was so promising that I read it despite the negative reviews. Let me save you some time, there is not one likable character in this book. Not. One. Not any of the 3 women - it's written from their POVs - not the main two men involved, not the therapist. At the end, I didn't care what happened to any of them, I just wanted it to be over. ****SMALL SPOILER ALERT*** The only surprise was that I was expecting the main character to get herself together but ... no. She's full of self pity the whole way through.

About Time (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet)
About Time (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Domhnall Gleeson
Price: $13.63
43 used & new from $6.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of Time Travel Flaws but I Love it!, March 2, 2016
I love this film. It contradicts itself left and right but I love it. It's a sweet story of a man who uses time travel to win the woman he loves and help the people he loves ... never for his own financial gain, how great is that? I wanted to plop myself down in the middle of his wonderful quirky family. Of course, time travel has rules and when he breaks one of them by accident he experiences the consequences. My problem? He breaks it again and again later with no consequences. Huh? And he fixed something by breaking the rule again. Ummmm, no. But if you can let the left side of your brain take a vacation this is a funny touching wonderful film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11