Profile for S. Vanhoose > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 193

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Vanhoose "kitagrl" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Timberland Carlsbad Slip-On (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Black,7 M US Big Kid
Timberland Carlsbad Slip-On (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Black,7 M US Big Kid
Price: $38.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe!, August 3, 2014
Just ordered these for my son who is at that weird size where the local stores do not carry a child 7, but an adult 7 is either too big, or hard to find. These fit him perfectly and look good and seem comfy. We will see how long they last for school this year!

Wheat Dreamz Buckwheat Pillow Large (20"X25") - Requires A Standard Bed Pillowcase (Not Included)
Offered by Bean Products
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ... still out as far as whether or not I like my pillow, August 3, 2014
The jury is still out as far as whether or not I like my pillow, but my five stars is based on the pillow itself, not whether or not I can personally sleep on this style of pillow.

First, there is no odor. When it arrived, I smelled deeply into it and could smell a faint hay-like odor....but after I put a couple pillowcases on it, there was nothing at all. Certainly no chemical smells.

Second...yes it makes some noise, but it's beyond me why people act like it's a big deal. Anything buckwheat or bean bag is going to make noise. We have an air purifier running so that reduces the sound....but it doesn't bother me anyway.

It is heavier than a regular pillow but not heavy as in "too heavy".

My neck is sore a lot and I have sooooo many pillows and am constantly switching back and forth. This pillow seemed too hard the first night. Then, the next night I woke up with less neck pain. But after a few more days, I had some neck pain again and struggled to get comfy. I'm a side sleeper so I have some trouble adjusting everything to be fully pressure-free on my face and jaw.

So lately I went back to my memory foam one, but doubtless I'll rotate this buckwheat pillow back in again. Maybe I need to try removing some hulls...haven't tried that yet. Anyway, it's a good pillow....I'm just a dysfunctional sleeper!

Kubota ZD28F Zero-Turn Mower
Kubota ZD28F Zero-Turn Mower
Offered by Gary's Diecast and Collectables
Price: $21.00
2 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great realistic mower, August 3, 2014
This review is from: Kubota ZD28F Zero-Turn Mower (Toy)
Great little model. My son is obsessed with mowing and he loves to watch guys mowing various properties with a mower like this. Gave it to him for his birthday and he was thrilled. Looks very realistic, as it's really not a toy, but a collector's die cast model.....but still, fun for my son!

Soft Touch Quilted Pillow Cover - Standard
Soft Touch Quilted Pillow Cover - Standard
Offered by Naturally Home NY

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, August 3, 2014
Good for the money....a bit on the stiff side, but that may wash out. Affordable though, if you need a soft pillow cover. Zipper seems sturdy enough.

Delta Ghost (Joe Venn #2)
Delta Ghost (Joe Venn #2)
Price: $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a great story by this author., August 3, 2014
I have pretty much read all of Tim Stevens books so far, and I'm really partial to one of his other heroes, John Purkiss...but Joe Venn is growing on me! Since Stevens is a British author writing a story about an American cop, I felt there was a rough start to this book in a few minor ways....Female cop partner overly stereotyped, and some accidental British terms when they should have been Americanized. However, after the first few chapters this actually smoothed out and the book went from good to awesome pretty fast. I felt like the plot was fairly unique and the British kid in the story had unique characterization, too.

Fun read....thanks! I'll be back for more!

iPad Mini Leather Case - with Sleep/Wake and Multi-Angle Stand Feature (Black)
iPad Mini Leather Case - with Sleep/Wake and Multi-Angle Stand Feature (Black)
Offered by Bokit
Price: $10.86
38 used & new from $6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking case!, July 23, 2014
This stand was REALLY super cute in person....I had to return it because the person I bought it for no longer had the iPad mini. But if I had an iPad mini, I would absolutely come back here and buy this same case. It makes it look like a cute book or journal, and I really love iPad cases that don't look like iPad cases. Great price for an adorable case.

3.2 oz of Super Compressed New Zealand Sphagnum Moss
3.2 oz of Super Compressed New Zealand Sphagnum Moss
Offered by JoelsCarnivorousPlants
Price: $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Flytraps, July 23, 2014
I had ordered the regular Sphagnum Moss from Joel in the past...I was hesitant to buy this compressed kind, but because I trusted the seller, I did. It's great....exact same quality as the previous moss he sold, just compressed and easier to store. It is very easy to rehydrate and use. I use this for my Venus Flytrap collection and it does great. I will always buy my moss from Joel!

Nutri-Calm® (100 tabs)
Nutri-Calm® (100 tabs)
Offered by World Herb Shop
Price: $27.00
18 used & new from $21.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality seems good...but try first before buying whole bottle, July 23, 2014
This was kind of a waste of money for me, personally...I took one pill and it made me feel worse, not better. Later, I found out that for some people, B vitamins in large doses can actually increase anxiety and panic. I guess it does for me. $28 for one single pill...not really a very good purchase. I probably should have tried to buy a sample pack off their actual website first. But anyway, I am sure it would be a good thing for others. The quality must be good, because it had immediate effect...just not the effect I wanted. Oh well.

Klogs USA Women's Naples Clog,Pink Camo Leather,9.5 US
Klogs USA Women's Naples Clog,Pink Camo Leather,9.5 US
Offered by What's Hot
Price: $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good...has mesh, hard to clean, July 23, 2014
This seemed to fit pretty well (maybe a tad too big), and the color seemed pretty cute...although in person it lends itself more to a faint purple shade rather than a true pink. Plus, there is a very fine mesh covering to the entire shoe, which is why I returned it, because I was buying them to work in a bakery and did not feel like cleaning buttercream off a fine mesh on a shoe. These might be good for a nurse, but no messy jobs.

Plus, they did seem a little clunky looking.

North American Herb and Spice, Sinu Orega, 2-Ounce
North American Herb and Spice, Sinu Orega, 2-Ounce
Price: $14.06
29 used & new from $11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spicy sinus spray, July 23, 2014
This stuff really works! My husband uses it sometimes as he has sinus problems, and it really does clear things out. Pretty spicy though....can't use it on the kids....although I did try putting some on a Q-tip and having my younger son just breathe in on the Q-tip. Not sure if that really helped anything though, although it couldn't hurt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20