Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Carolyn D > Reviews

Browse

Carolyn D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carolyn D RSS Feed (MO)

Page: 1 | 2
FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot, Dark Brown Stone Antique, 8 M US
FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot, Dark Brown Stone Antique, 8 M US
Price: $397.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but odd fit, July 14, 2013
I read the other reviews about the boot running big so I ordered 7 1/2 and 8 (I am normally an 8). I couldn't get the 7 1/2 on. It was a struggle to get the 8 on but once on, the heel slipped constantly. The shaft was way too big especially around the ankles. I have thin calves and ankles so it is hard to find boots that fit. Some of the reviews said these had a narrow shaft but I didn't think so. The leather is designed to look distressed but they looked like they had been worn hard already. I had to return both pairs.

Kashi Good Friends Cereal, 13 oz
Kashi Good Friends Cereal, 13 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cereal ever, May 4, 2013
Ilove this cereal. I don't know why it is being discontinued. I try to stock up whenever I see it.

Starter for Ten: A Novel
Starter for Ten: A Novel
by David Nicholls
Price: $11.59
79 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Brideshead revisited revisited, June 10, 2012
If you liked Brideshead Revisited, you might like this book too since it is basically the same story put in 1985. Poor, broke Brian (like Charles) goes to college thinking he will develop into this suave intellectual. While there, he meets Alice (like Sebastian), a rich, wildly popular girl. He falls hard for her but she treats him at best like a pet and at worst with contempt. Alice even has a teddy bear like Sebastian. Brian goes to Alice's house and meets her parents who dislike him just like in BR. At college, Brian also meets Rebecca (like Julia), a complicated girl who sometimes seems to like him. I started college in 1985 so I thought this would be a laugh remembering those times. It was not. The only character I didn't want to slap for his/her pretentiousness, arrogance, or just plain stupidity was Lucy. There are a few times in the book where I had a bit of a chuckle but those were few and far between. I read the entire book and kept waiting for this hilarious comedy that many reviews I read described. It never came. If you are English and grew up during that time, you may get a bit more out of it. I would skip it and just read Brideshead Revisited again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cardinals fan, November 29, 2011
It is hard to find a Punto t-shirt so I was thrilled to find this one. It is a little pricey but since they are hard to find, I guess it is worth it.

BCBGirls Women's Alimie Pump
BCBGirls Women's Alimie Pump

1.0 out of 5 stars Weird color, May 20, 2010
These shoes look beautiful on the website but the tapioca color is not the same in real life. I wish I had listened to the reviewer who said they were apricot since that is a good description. They are a strange yellow-orange mix. If it weren't for the color, which makes the shoes unwearable, the shoe style is pretty and the shoes are comfortable.

Biopsy Pathology in Colorectal Disease, 2Ed
Biopsy Pathology in Colorectal Disease, 2Ed
by I. C. Talbot
Price: $220.00
25 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent textbook, June 2, 2008
I found the book easy to read and very helpful in understanding histologic features of nonneoplastic colorectal pathology. I would highly recommend this book. My one wish would be that it covered upper GI as well.

Matchbox City Playset- Police Station
Matchbox City Playset- Police Station

4.0 out of 5 stars good toy for the price, January 17, 2008
This toy was easy to put together. It has enough interesting things to do to keep the children engaged and to build imaginative play around. The price was very good.

Shrek the Third (Widescreen Edition)
Shrek the Third (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Eddie Murphy
Price: $5.00
246 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and funny, January 17, 2008
This movie is as cute and funny as the first two. It is a good story for kids with anough adult humor to entertain the parents.

Don't Say No
Don't Say No
76 used & new from $0.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, July 4, 2007
This review is from: Don't Say No (Audio CD)
I was a big fan of Billy's back in the early 80s and was feeling nostalgic for some good 80s music. This album is awesome. The guitar playing, lyrics, and overall feel of the album beats anything on pop radio today.

Far from the Madding Gerund and Other Dispatches from Language Log
Far from the Madding Gerund and Other Dispatches from Language Log
by Geoffrey K. Pullum
Price: $17.60
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and educational, July 4, 2007
For people with any interest in the English language and proper usage, this book is a must-have. I found myself laughing outloud at the writers' witty takes on how our language is so badly mangled. I learned a few things as well. Some of the references to other people or events would probably mean more to someone in the academic field but that does not take away from the book.

Page: 1 | 2