Profile for Matt R > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matt R "NolaSicilian" RSS Feed (New Orleans, La)

Page: 1 | 2
LifeProof Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - Nuud Series - Black
LifeProof Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - Nuud Series - Black
Offered by wire4less
Price: $33.99
5 used & new from $33.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Build Quality Issues, October 24, 2014
Terrible case. The best part of this case is that it doesn't add much bulk to the phone and doesn't require a screen protector to make it waterproof. The cons are it's build quality. I've had 4 of these because of the same issues. The headphone port's rubber plug will break off very easily, and there is a plastic "door" that covers the charging port at the bottom, on all 4 cases these two items have broken off, which obviously completely ruins the waterproof and dust resistant features of this case. Once anything breaks off or becomes loose, this becomes just another plastic case. On the plus side, the first 3 times Lifeproof sent me out a replacement case free of charge. When it happened the 4th time I just gave up and swore off LifeProof until they increased their quality. I didn't have any real issues as far as call quality, although the speaker on the back did become a bit muffled as a result of having the case on it.

Also, apparently LifeProof does NOT pay attention to their details. On the "Features" part of this product's description, it shows "Works with TouchID" and has a check on both cases.....TouchID is an Apple feature, NOT an Android feature and not one found on the Galaxy S4. So how exactly does this case work with any kind of fingerprint reader? Especially since it doesn't have one, and since there is a thick piece of plastic covering the home button. LifeProof....lying one product description at a time.

iCanvasART Marvel Comic Book Character Full Lineup by Marvel Comics Canvas Art Print, 40 by 26-Inch
Price: $71.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece, October 23, 2014
Looks wonderful! I purchased one of these in the 40x26 size. It shipped within a reasonable time (a few days), and arrived pretty quickly. I was hoping the real thing would look as colorful and saturated as it did in the pictures, and sure enough it does! I've never purchased a canvas print like this online before so I wasn't sure about the quality. It's definitely a good item. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the price. I've seen the same print on other sites for quite a bit less. But still, it was what I paid for and I have no complaints.

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Protect Your Screen from Scratches and Drops - Maximize Your Resale Value - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the reviews, it doesn't fit!, October 23, 2014
Doesn't fit! I purchased one of these screen protectors from Tech Armor's website directly. It arrived and I was waiting for my case to come in before I install it. Then I stumbled upon this listing for the exact same screen protector and saw all of the reviews saying it doesn't fit the phone properly. I decided to test it out right then and there instead of waiting for my case to come in first. Sure enough, it DOES NOT FIT correctly. If you line the protector up with the home button at the bottom, the top of the screen protector goes DIRECTLY across and through the sensors and camera at the top of the device. At that point, you have to lift it off and try to adjust it, which does no good. It leaves about a 1-2mm gap on either side of the screen exposed.

If you try to adjust it again, you're bound to just get fingerprints and smudges on the adhesive side of the screen protector, at which point you might as well just throw it away, because there's NO cleaning that off. I'm returning this to Tech Armor ASAP. I rarely ever purchase a screen protector because they've always ended up making the screen look fuzzy, or have air bubbles. The 2 up sides to this screen protector are, it didn't cause any air bubbles....while it was on there, and it didn't cause any kind of haze or blurriness to the screen. So it IS definitely the clearest screen protector I've ever purchased, it just doesn't fit!

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Why bother with any other brand??, January 22, 2014
It's a well known fact that ALL HDMI cables are pretty much the same, and if you buy any other brand like Monster, you're an idiot who just throws their money away. These are excellent cables. I'd never buy them again from anywhere else. Especially considering how much places like Best Buy try to charge for something as simple as an HDMI cable when they KNOW they're ripping people off. And they wonder why they're struggling and losing business to companies like Amazon.

Fair Accessory® 10 Feet 3M Long Micro USB Data Sync Charger Cable Cord for Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 NOTE 2 (Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars SLOOOOW charging and data, January 22, 2014
This cable WILL charge your MicroUSB powered device, but it will take FOREVER. If you have an android device it will throw the "slow charging" warning message on your device. It tells me it's slowly charging everytime I plug it into my S4. Also, data transfers using this cable between my S4 and my Windows PC are EXTREMELY slow with this cable. It took over 20 minutes to transfer a 500mb file with this cable. Out of curiosity I copied the exact same file again using my standard Samsung issued cable, and it took under 2 minutes. The only good thing about this cable is the length. It's very very long. That's it, every other aspect is terrible. I would not recommend this to anyone. Heed my warning!

Black & Decker BBC2CB Vehicle to Vehicle Battery Booster
Black & Decker BBC2CB Vehicle to Vehicle Battery Booster

1.0 out of 5 stars Takes forever, doesn't work at times, October 31, 2013
I purchased this item thinking it would be great to not have to remember the whole "order to attach cables" thing when jumping a car. I figured it would be great to just plug one end into the dead car's outlet, and the other into the good car's outlet. The cord on the unit is definitely long enough to reach from one car to another's cigarette outlet. The problem with the unit, or more so, the way this device works, is that is takes a LOOOOONG time to charge a dead battery for it to be started. When you jump a car using standard cables, it's pretty much just a direct contact from one battery to another. I guess with the way this item works, it's much slower. The other issue is obviously that if you try to start the car before it HAS gotten enough voltage to star, you pretty much drain all of the power that had stored up and have to start back at square one. So, it's a great device for the convenience as far as not having to deal with jumper cables, but also a terrible device for convenience because of how long it takes. I'm also not sure about the build quality. I had used my unit maybe 3 times, and then the black end literally fell apart and broke. So naturally I can't even use it anymore.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT comfort, but has some flaws, October 31, 2013
So, I saw these shoes in the news a while back and thought "Wow those look pretty neat!", so I decided to take the plunge and bought a pair. Let me start of by saying, I LOVE how these shoes feel on my feet and when I walk. They feel completely different than any other shoe I've worn, and in my opinion, much better than my pair of Shox which I've had for maybe a year. I get a lot of compliments almost everywhere I go about how cool and interesting my shoes look. When running, they do feel a bit different to me. The one thing I've noticed, is that when I "land", either while walking, or when running, I don't feel such a "jolt" when my foot hits the ground like I do with other shoes. They kind of make the landing more comfortable instead of being such a firm impact. Whether they really do this or if it's just in my head, I'm not sure. I guess it's all a matter of each person's mentality and physical built. I'm 6ft 2 and 235, so when I run it's obviously going to be different than someone who is 5ft 6 and maybe 175 or something. Either way, it's a great shoe just for casual walking in itself, as well as running.

NOW, the bad news. BECAUSE of how this shoe is physically built, it has a few big problems. The first problem for me, is that tons of dirt and grass tend to get stuck under the blades on the bottom. It doesn't sound so bad, and it's not really, if you're running in regular healthy, live grass. But around where I live, a lot of the grass is dying and turning that brown color. The dead grass gets trapped under the blades and ends up EVERYWHERE in my apartment and in my car. I could just try to knock my shoes on the ground as if they were boots or if they had mud or something on this.

Which brings me to the next nasty issue. I do wear these shoes as my "everyday" shoe quite often because they are so comfortable and actually do go well with a lot of stuff. I live in an apartment complex that allows pets (already you can see where this is going), and I have a Greyhound for a pet. I've made the mistake of wearing these shoes outside at night to walk my dog in the grass and have come back only to find out someone hasn't picked up after their pet. The issue is, the dog poop WILL get caught under the blades as well as smear all along the actual sides of the blades. So, poop under the shoe, and along the blades, and of course in the groves on the bottom that are colored. The same issue will happen with mud if it's been raining or something.
Also, because of how the shoes are built, your body weight isn't really distributed over one flat surface like a normal shoe, but instead the weight is transferred through the "blades". Problem is, since the weight goes to the blades, they tend to act like athletic cleats. They will dig into the mud and make the whole mess under the shoe even worse.

Last but not least is a big safety issue I was kind of shocked to find out about the shoes from personal experience. A few times I have walked outside either while, or after it had rained and had made the mistake of walking on a sewer drain. The blades CAN get caught in a drain, and if the metal is wet, the shoes WILL slip. I have never worn a shoe that is some how so dangerously slippery on a wet surface. I don't have the issue on any other shoe I own, just the Springblades. On the topic of safety, they can also be a little difficult to drive with at first because you have to kind of pay attention to where the blades are. You might think you're applying pressure on the end of your foot to press a pedal, only to find out the blades aren't lined up right. It's hard to explain, but you can't miss it when it happens.

So, even with all these issues I would still buy these shoes again, if they're still being made when it's time for a new one (durability will be tested over time to see how long the blades last, and if any fall off, which I'm paranoid about). They're very comfortable shoes and great to wear every day.

Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT product., October 8, 2012
These kinds of cables should come standard with ALL devices that use MicroUSB. I purchased this to replace the standard cable for my Samsung Galaxy S3 because it was just too short for me to connect my phone and use it up on the bed. The length of this cable is PERFECT for me. So far the cables are lasting fine as far as durability. I'm usually nervous with replacement cables because all the ones I ever purchased for my old iPhone 4 eventually fell apart. But so far these are going strong. I will probably buy a few more for other devices. Can't beat it for the price.

Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but possibly damaging to buttons, October 8, 2012
I really enjoy this case. It makes holding my Galaxy S3 a LOT easier since without the case the "Hyperglaze" as Samsung calls it is rediculously slippery. The only issue I have with this case is due to the way it has to come off it goes over the buttons and "nicks" them. As a result my power button on the side has become wobbly and feels like it's going to fall off eventually. The material it's made out of feels nice in the hand. I was originally worried it might collect lint like a silicone case, but it doesn't really collect any gunk on it. Even if it did it wouldn't be an isue to rinse it off with water and dry it as long as it's thouroughly dried on the back under the built in kickstand. It's an excellent case otherwise. Very happy with it. I

Black & Decker MSW100 Ready Wrench
Black & Decker MSW100 Ready Wrench
7 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this wrench, October 31, 2010
This wrench is simply amazing. Its so easy to use, feels very secure, is comfortable to use, and above all, has ALL the sizes I have EVER needed in the year+ I have been using it. I use it mostly on my car, but its just as useable anywhere else. The ONLY complaint I have about it, is that the size of the ends with all the sockets are pretty big. So its definately not the easiest thing to use in tight spots. But still I've only had an issue with this a handful of times in all the times ive used it. Definately worth the price. Biggest benefit to me is not having to carry around a bunch of sockets. I can carry around this 1 tool instead of a lot of different tools. Saves on space and saves on the time looking for the right size.

Page: 1 | 2