Profile for Rob Parker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rob Parker RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes: 1485 Favorites from the World's #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice!, December 31, 2012
Really getting a lot of use. Lots of recipes to choose from and good photographs throughout. A most for anyone who likes to cook.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $21.50
78 used & new from $13.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, June 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I first saw it was coming in December. I was bummed to have to wait so long for this but it was worth the wait. I was impressed that MGS2 true to the PS2 version but the graphics are more intense, much better since PS Vita has higher quality. The controls are a little tricky to get used to but like the PS2 controls except for touch support added. Makes it easy to use your fingers to shift through inventory and to look around a corner for a guard. Most everything about MGS3 is exactly PS2 too. Again, touch makes it easier to play once you get used to it. Graphics as intense, and again much beter than PS2.

The Stand
The Stand
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.22
105 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be called the long stand, June 3, 2012
This review is from: The Stand (Mass Market Paperback)
One long book. Kind of a mix between science fiction and horror. A killer flu wipes out most of mankind and sets the stage for a last stand between good and evil. Pretty good up to the last few hundred pages.

The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel (Dark Tower Novels)
The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel (Dark Tower Novels)
Price: $26.09
210 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I hoped for, May 27, 2012
Kind of glad the last DT book wasn't the last DT book. If it was, there never would have been so many graphic novels or this. In this book, Roland Deschain is back or I should say he's here again with more to tell readers. The story takes place between the other books. Roland and others are taking refuge from a destructive storm. Roland starts telling the story of a murderer named the Skin-man and goes on with tales of dragons, swamp people, crazy magicians. Its good. If you read the other DT books, don't pass this one up.

Cold Hearted Son of a Witch (Book Two of the Dragoneers Saga)
Cold Hearted Son of a Witch (Book Two of the Dragoneers Saga)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Author got Amazon to remove my review twice now, May 27, 2012
Can't believe this author conned me into buying not one but two of his books and I didn't realize it. Imagine my surprise when I found I'd not one but two books by this awful author on my kindle. And one more shill who screams "It's the best thing since sliced bread" is going to get labotomized. I think I need a labotomy just so I can get over the trauma this book put me through. There are bad books and then there's this one absolutely at the bottom of the bad barrel or as the author says in his own words "Damn it all! You owe me a dozen pairs of boots now," he muttered.

-And the pearly gems, they just keep a coming, they do

Hyden's stubborn arguing over being kept on the ground had paid off in a sense. He contested that the financial loss of not being allowed to harvest his rightful share of hawkling eggs would be ruinous to his home and family.

-More likely reading this book is ruinous to home and family.

It wasn't long before Hyden saw his own red and gold headdress starting up the cliff. It made him smile.

-Gee, golly, what mighty prose.

The cliff itself was well over a thousand feet high. It looked to Hyden like Gerard was trying to climb to the very top of it.

-Wow, mighty, mighty prose, if only he jumps off and kills himself when he gets there.

"A giant named Borg will find you and lead you to his King." As if saying all of that had leeched the life from the poisoned old man, his head lulled to the side. For a long while all that moved were his eyeballs and his heaving chest. Mikahl wiped a stray tear from his cheek.

-OMG that's so freakin' sad. I'm going to cry a stray tear too. Just one though, wouldn't want me chest to heave too much.

The priest softened his serious look. "But always remember your life is more important than the sword." Mikahl looked at the priest with furrowed brows. This was the deadliest of burdens for him to carry and he knew it.

-Oh gosh, golly, more mighty prose. So powerful, so stirring. I can see why so many shills are praising it.

"Think, then act!" the words sounded audible this time. Before he knew it, he had spurred Windfoot toward the road.

-'cuz gosh how else would words sound if they didn't sound audible?

After they had gotten settled, Hyden fed the bird again, then he decided it needed a more permanent nest. He waited until the chick was sleeping, then went out and gathered some sticks and straw.

-Aw, how touching. Not!! and it was especially mindnumbing how he talked about building a nest for 1/2 a page, after talking about the harvests for a few chapters already.

"So how was your harvest Tevar? Darry?" "I got four eggs," Tevar said proudly. "Three for me. I could've had two more if I would've started earlier," Darry added.

-Oh, God not more egg and harvest talk. I thought that was done with, what with a few CHAPTERS about it already, but geez golly this has got to be the best thing I ever read besides the the phonebook right?

-The mindnumbing continues for chapter after chapter. Then,

"Fargin big bastard, eh?" The man was bent over with his hands on his knees, laughing between his gasping breaths. Mikahl fell to the ground and glared at him. "Why didn't it advance on us?" he asked. "See that busted up tree over yond?" The man pointed across the pond to the stripped trunk Mikahl had seen sliding across the ground earlier.

"A little while ago that was a healthy tree, still in the ground," the man explained.

-Oh joy, geez golly that was wonderful, so glad it was a healthy tree.

I'd go on with the pearly gems that this book is filled with, but I'm going to now go scrape the memory of this from my brain instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 4:41 PM PDT

Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware, Green (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure it's worth the price, May 25, 2012
I've had the cover since I bought my kindle fire. It's holding up pretty good but I not sure it's worthy the hefy price. I'll likely have to replace it in a few months and with what another $45 cover? A few more of these covers and I could have just bought another kindle fire.

Stephen King The Dark Tower: Battle of Jericho Hill
Stephen King The Dark Tower: Battle of Jericho Hill
Price: $19.07
106 used & new from $6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, May 25, 2012
Good as a stand-alone comic book, best for Dark Tower fans. I've always wondered about the battle of Jericho Hill, which was in the novels but not talked about in depth. The climactic battle, the forces of evil defeating the gunslingers, leaving only Roland.It should satisfy any DT fan, and it gives more background to fully understand the mythology. I was hooked from the first page and got through the whole book in a sitting. Read it once more since.

Mortal Kombat - PlayStation Vita
Mortal Kombat - PlayStation Vita
Price: $15.99
79 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game here., May 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been waiting to get my hands on this game since it was announced for the PS Vita and I'm glad to say, this game delivers. If you bought the console (PS3) version last year, then the Vita version will make youf feel at home; the main menu looks exactly as the bigger console counterpart,Scorpion punching the snot out of Sub-Zero. The Vita version offers an array of new modes. All classic costumes are included, some other costumes are unlocked by completing challenges. If you are a fan of the series, this game doesn't disappoint. I complained about the price of some vita games but this one's worth it with all the bonuses and extras.

Unit 13 - PlayStation Vita
Unit 13 - PlayStation Vita
Price: $16.73
93 used & new from $9.84

4.0 out of 5 stars 40 missions, good selection of weapons, May 20, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Good game in co-op mode or as single player. There were plenty of missions and I liked that it wasn't just a shooting and bash game. You had to think, use stealth at times. It took a little while to get the controls, but was good to go after a few plays.

The First Dragoneer (Introductory Novella) (Dragoneers Saga Book 0)
The First Dragoneer (Introductory Novella) (Dragoneers Saga Book 0)
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Give this author a pass. I'm physically ill after reliving the horror that was this book., May 20, 2012
The author seems to have serious issues. Getting Amazon to delete honest reviews is wrong. Blaming others because I didn't like your book is wrong. I can't help that you book sucks, it does. Man up. It's because of books like yours that I stopped reviewing things for the longest time. I ran across so much junk, like this. This was so poorly done I must have erased the memory of reading it from my mind. I almost was sucked into buying it again when Amazon reminded my I already bought it. Sure enough there it was on my kindle. I started reading again and remembered why I scraped it out of my brain.

If there's a bottom of the bad barrel, this one's sitting at the very bottom. In a land where characters are named March and Brendley and Jenka De Swasso (no not making that one up), no one says anything they hiss words, they jest words, they plead words, they mumble words, they shrug words, they sigh words, they scold words, they instruct words, and they even look around words.

I wish I was making it up, but apparently the author doesn't realize characters can't shrug words or look around words. And as far as ending dialogue properly goes, that's the least of the big misses. So how in the hell is this or anything the author's written rated so highly?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 12:35 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5