Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for Reviewer Dr. Beth > Reviews

Browse

Reviewer Dr. Beth's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2594
Top Reviewer Ranking: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviewer Dr. Beth RSS Feed (Upstate NY USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VESSOS Women Pants Floral Loose Long Damask Palazzo Wide Leg Pant
VESSOS Women Pants Floral Loose Long Damask Palazzo Wide Leg Pant
Offered by miryo beauty
Price: $14.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, comfortable palazzo-style pants, May 1, 2016
NOTE: I received a free sample of these pants for review.

Being in my late 40s (and also a yoga teacher), I am starting more and more to appreciate the versatility of palazzo-style pants. I really liked the pattern and colors of these VESSOS brand pants, and so I was interested in trying them. The rayon/spandex blend fabric is very soft, comfortable, and washes well. The pants are nicely styled with a wide (non-elastic) waistband, a side zipper, and a wide leg that flows away from the body at the ankle. I received the pants in a size medium, my usual size (I generally wear a 6 or 8, depending on the brand), and I did find these pants to be just a bit tight in the waist, hips, and thighs (see photos). Admittedly, I have a pear-shaped body, but since the pants are a loose style overall, it would have been nice if they had been just a bit more generously cut to fit a woman's curves. Also, although I found the length to be fine (I'm just short of 5'5"), the length would be a bit short to wear these pants with heels. Despite these minor issues, I do find these pants to be very attractive, and I would recommend them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gaiam Yoga Wedge, Deep Purple
Gaiam Yoga Wedge, Deep Purple
Price: $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little yoga prop!, April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've practiced yoga for years and finished a 200-level yoga teacher training program this past fall. I have plenty of gadgets in my home yoga room, but one thing I lacked was a yoga wedge. I was especially interested in this product because I continue to struggle to get my heels on the ground in malasana (squat pose). This Gaiam yoga wedge definitely makes it easier to practice this pose, and it is more convenient than rolling up a blanket or spare mat. It is also helpful to use under the hands when practicing downward facing do or under the feet for standing forward bends. The foam is comfortable, and I haven't found this wedge to slip at all. Overall, this Gaiam wedge is a great little yoga prop to have around, and I would definitely recommend it!

Champion Women's SmoothTec Capri Legging, Black, Large
Champion Women's SmoothTec Capri Legging, Black, Large
Price: $16.74
12 used & new from $16.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but odd fit, April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I exercise daily, and Champion is a brand of activewear that I usually like. After reading other reviews, I ordered a size up on these (large instead of medium), as they are described as fitting "tight." And it's true, these do have a very tight fit, more like compression tights, and so in that respect, I definitely needed the large (even though all of my other Champion products are size medium). The problem is the waistband--although it is elastic and nicely wide, a feature I like, it is also oddly loose! This might work for someone with more of an apple shape, but I am definitely pear shaped, with a waist that is significantly smaller than my hips/buttocks, and so this type of fit did NOT work for me. Given this, I think most curvey women, whether big or small, will be disappointed in the fit of these leggings. They are a nice quality, and they washed well (at least the first couple of times), so for the right body type, they might be a good product.

Clearly NAIL - Strong, Smooth, Healthy Nails, 100% Natural Oil Product for Great Nails and Healthy Cuticles with Jojoba, Almond, Sesame and Myrrh oils. 1/3 oz
Offered by Isabella's Clearly
Price: $18.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but didn't work for me, April 21, 2016
NOTE: I received a free sample of this product to review.

I have a lot of trouble with my nails and cuticles. Sometimes my nails will grow to a decent length, only to start to split and then necessitate being cut short. My cuticles tend to be dry, flaky, and peeling, sometimes to the point of bleeding. I am always eager to try new products that might help, and so I was looking forward to using this "Clearly Nail" product.

Clearly Nail comes in a small, rollerball-style bottle. The product is a bit hard to dispense, as not much comes out of the rollerball. It's oily in feel--it includes Vitamin E and other natural oils--yet it absorbs well into the skin. Unfortunately, after using it for several weeks, I have seen NO improvement--if anything, my nails and cuticles look worse! I've actually seen this happen with similar products; it almost seems as if the product softens up my nails and cuticles, making them more vulnerable rather than stronger.

I will continue using this product and hoping for better results, but as of now, I can't recommend it base on any personal improvement.

Vole' Total Care Hair Regeneration System - Free of Sulfates, Parabens and Dyes, and formulated to provide the vital nutrients required for every stage of your hair's growth cycle.
Offered by Applied Health Solutions
Price: $68.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Some benefits from the shampoo and conditioner, April 21, 2016
NOTE: I received a free sample of this hair care system to review.

I have shoulder-length hair that is generally pretty healthy, but is VERY fine and VERY straight, so I'm always looking for ways to add volume. This hair care system from Vole includes a Revitalizing Shampoo, designed to stimulate hair growth and leave hair shiny, and a Volumizing Conditioner, which is supposed to prevent breakage. I found both the shampoo and conditioning to have a tingling quality, likely due to the eucalyptus and menthol. I would say that the scent of these products was a bit more medicinal than I would like, yet they did seem to leave my hair in good condition. In addition, I've experienced occasional scalp irritation and itchiness over the past few years, and I didn't have that problem while using these products. Still, I wish that they had a more pleasant fragrance, that the shampoo lathered more, and that the consistency of the conditioner was better.

This system also comes with a third product, the Regenerating Serum. Supposedly, this product helps to stimulate hair growth. It is a leave-in serum that is applied after towel-drying the hair; several drops are applied to the roots and scalp in several different locations. I did not really like this product. Not only did I not see any benefits from it, but also it left my hair weighed down, almost a bit greasy looking. I certainly didn't notice any hair growth or other improvements.

Although I liked some things about the shampoo and conditioner, I would definitely NOT purchase this set myself at this price--someone with more problematic hair than mine might feel differently.

Vital Mood High-Performance Brain Health & Mood Boosting Formula to Bring Out the Sun and Power Your Day
Offered by Applied Health Solutions
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Likely safe blend of ingredients, but no major effects for me, April 21, 2016
NOTE: I received a free sample of this product for review.

I agreed to review this product not because of the promises made on the package--which include elevating mood and magnifying memory--but because it seemed to be a relatively safe combination of supplements, many of which I was already taking. For example, Vital Mood offers a blend of B vitamins, which are sometimes associated with energy production. It also has green tea extract (a mild form of caffeine), as well as several other natural supplements. Some of the ingredients in the "neurological blend" have been associated with improved memory and related cognitive improvements, but there does not seem to be strong scientific support for these claims.

I tried taking this supplement either once or twice per day: I took it in the morning, and sometimes I took a second dose after work. The materials received with the product suggest that a noticeable effect will be produced in about 30 minutes. I tried taking the product on some days and not taking it on others, and I saw no discernable difference. To be fair, caffeine does not usually have a major effect on me, but I honestly can say that I did not see ANY results from this product; taking it simply seemed to make no difference at all.

I still gave this supplement 3 stars because 1) I didn't have any problems taking, 2) the ingredients seem safe, and 3) it may work better for someone else. So, consider trying it for yourself, but use caution.

Super Fruit Dry Skin Cream (2 oz)
Super Fruit Dry Skin Cream (2 oz)

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich, natural moisturizer that's both thick and non-greasy, April 21, 2016
NOTE: I received a free sample of this product to review.

Although my facial skin tends toward oily, I was interested in trying this product because other areas of my body seemed to be unusually dry over the past few months (odd because we haven't had a particularly harsh winter). This Super Fruit Dry Skin Cream arrived in a small bottle with a pump-style dispenser. It is a thick lotion, almost a cream, yet not too thick for the small pump. The lotion itself has a pleasant consistency and a very light scent (slightly reminiscent of goat milk, which is not surprising given the lanolin).

This lotion seemed generally helpful for my dry spots. Again, I liked the lightweight feel of the lotion--despite its thickness--and the fact that it easily absorbed into my skin. Yet at the same time, I'm not sure if it performed better than other products, particularly for the price. It might be different had I been using this product as a facial lotion. For someone needing a thick yet non-greasy facial moisturizer, this product might fit the bill, but as a full-body moisturizer, it's probably not worth the purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2016 3:47 PM PDT

G&W Heel Lift - Clearly Adjustable - Medium - Men 7-1/2 - 9, Women 8 - 10 (60mm, 2-3/8'' wide)
Offered by PT Supplies
Price: $14.24
5 used & new from $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and durable, but some issues, April 15, 2016
I have been using a heel lift for several years after it was recommended by an orthopedist. The one I was originally given was the Warwick Enterprises Adjust A Lift Heel Lift, and so this was the brand I continued to repurchase. It worked fine, but the lifts didn't seem to last very long before becoming compacted and otherwise degrading; I felt like I was constantly purchasing new ones.

After reading the high number of excellent reviews, I decided to give this lift by G&W a try. This clear-style plastic lift is definitely sturdier, and it does not seem like it would be likely to compress in time. It is adjustable by removing one or more of the very thin (I think 1mm each) layers); I had to remove 3-4 to reach the same 3/8" height as my other lift, which worked fine. I use this lift the same way that I use my others, by attaching to my left shoe with blue masking tape.

I found that this lift worked fine--so long as I was wearing a FLAT shoe. This lift absolutely will not work with a shoe that has any kind of heel or even a simple curved sole. The problem is that unlike with the Warwick lifts, which are made of pliable foam rubber and will conform to your shoes, the H&W lift is not bendable AT ALL. In fact, if you try to curve the lift to your shoe, you'll make kinks in the plastic. So, I like this lift, but I find that I am only able to use it in a limited way, which means continued reliance on my old lift.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified 30-Pin to USB Cable for Apple iPhone 4, iPod, and iPad 3rd Generation - 3.2 Feet (1.0 Meter)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with older iPod, April 15, 2016
I was looking for a backup cord for my old 3rd generation iPod, and this one was the right style at a good price. The quality appears okay, although it didn't immediately work with my iPod--I damped the connections slightly, and then it was fine. Since that time, I have not had any further issues. This seems to be a good product, and hopefully it will last; at this point I would recommend it.

Rolodex Mesh Collection Spinning Desk Sorter, Black (1773083)
Rolodex Mesh Collection Spinning Desk Sorter, Black (1773083)
Price: $7.99
89 used & new from $5.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, sturdy organizer that holds a lot, April 15, 2016
I was looking for a desk organizer that wouldn't take up a lot of space but would hold a lot. This one does, plus it is attractive and sturdy. My only complaint is that the tall compartments are actually a bit TOO tall--i.e., my pens don't reach out over the top, so I have to sort of reach into the organizer compartments to fish them out. Luckily, this is a minor issue, and so overall, I would recommend this desk sorter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20