Profile for american-streamer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

american-streamer "american-streamer" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Ever After: A Cinderella Story [HD]
Ever After: A Cinderella Story [HD]
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, January 3, 2015
Charming update that everyone in the family will enjoy watching.

Nikon 1 NIKKOR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (Black)
Nikon 1 NIKKOR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (Black)
Price: $496.95
9 used & new from $449.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - Great Wide Angle Lens !!!, March 20, 2013
This tiny zoom lens is a gem. It enhances the functionality of the Nikon 1 System for camera enthusiasts using the V1 as a walk around and travel camera significantly.

It is an impressive lens. It is solid, and well-built, compared to Nikon's kit lenses. It is more like a miniature pro lens, than a consumer lens in weight, and feel, with a knurled black metal grip, finish around the zoom part of the barrel. Turning the zoom is as smooth as silk. The lens just feels good to hold in your hand.

The quality of the lens is impressive. It is super sharp, has an excellent corner to corner sharpness, with excellent color, and superior contrast. The images I took with it show the variation in lighting to be very good for a lens in this zoom range.It handles flare beautifully, even when intentionally pointed into the sunlight without washing out the whole picture, and has a pleasant star like look on the sun and lamp lights is you control the lighting. I did look for purple fringing which is again excellent, but did find it looking at 400 percent magnification, so considering fringing to be very well controlled for a lens in the zoom range from personal experience.

The only challenge with this lens for me is inherent in this zoom range where everything is mostly in focus. It is difficult to reduce the depth of field dramatically in this focal length range in the cx format. But realistically not many of us that like the Nikon 1 System are going to step up to plate for another $1,000.00 dollars to buy a zoom in this focal range that has a significantly faster lens speed. So I am happy.

The VR, or optical stabilization is remarkable. I was initially concerned about this lens perhaps not being fast enough. The VR makes this wide-angle very useful for low light shooting of scenery, which was a relief for me since that is one of the things that makes a lens like this one fun to own.

I highly recommend this lens. Wide angle lenses are inherently expensive to build and buy, but believe me, after you have used one you will be hard pressed to leave it behind, especially for traveling, buildings, and scenery. It works beautifully for group people shots as well if used properly. This is a super quality lens, and a smart move by Nikon to enhance the functionality and value of the Nikon 1 System. People are going to fall in love with this lens.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 11:42 AM PDT

Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN- Sony E 330965
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN- Sony E 330965
10 used & new from $244.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigma 30mm Lens is Sharp with Good Contrast, July 19, 2012
Sony get a thumbs up on their NEX Camera line. The cameras are excellent when you put a decent lens on them. The problem is finding a decent lens at fair price because Sony has neglected to make good lenses for their fabulous e-mount cameras. The solution to the quality problem is to put the good glass on the lens with an adapter which works fine, but you lose portability and auto-focus.

Sigma, recognizing Sony's lapse, jumped in with this super 30mm lens that blows the kit lenses away. Others here have covered the sounds which, I have not heard yet, and the shorter battery life which is real, and easily solved with an extra battery which you probably ought to have anyway. This 30mm is a great lens on my NEX C3. It is sharp, very good contrast. It is not just sharp, it is razor sharp. Pictures are worth a thousand words so I posted a few pictures that I shot one handed while walking my dog. Then made some ridiculously small crops of the tennis cart shot taken at 1/80th of second to show how much detail the Sigma 30mm gathers. The resolution of this lens is superior and the distortion acceptable, in fact great compared to the Sony Lenses.

I highly recommend this wonderful lens. My thanks to Sigma for filling for us where Sony has left us hanging for too long.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Schylling Remote Controlled Web Runner
Schylling Remote Controlled Web Runner

4.0 out of 5 stars Children Love IT !!!, February 19, 2011
Our grandchildren had a marvelous time with this fantastic little contraption over Christmas. It is probably better not to let them know it will crawl on the ceiling as it will keep you busy. You have to be careful to be sure that the little flaps on the bottom do not get bent or creased may be the word because it effects the suction on this neat little device. I think the flaps have to be thin for it to function properly. Kids 7-9 will love it and adults get a kick out of it too. Controls work fine. I have no idea on the durability, but can confirm they were still working a week after Christmas.

Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Zoom Lens for Konica Minolta and Sony Digital SLR Cameras (Model A14M)
Price: $199.00
18 used & new from $120.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a GOOD LENS, February 19, 2011
I use my Sony Alpha cameras primarily for birding. Sony's in camera stabilization allows me the advantage of buying long telephoto lenses price effectively. I did not buy the Sony cameras for anything but birding initially; but have to admit that I am starting to like them a lot.

For this reason I really put this Tamron lens on a Sony Alpha and really used it frequently. This lens focuses surprisingly fast on the Sony Alpha on an average brighness day on fast moving objects. This is a very good piece of glass. I've used it indoors, at parks, and at kid soccer games and can shoot with it endlessly and repeatedly get good shots. This lens is FAST on the SONY. I really like this lens on my Sony bodies. You will not be disappointed in the contrast or the colors using this lens. I think this is the ideal lens focal length for carrying around for covering most shooting situations .

Another great lens on the Sony Alpha is Sony's 500mm Reflex AF. This lens is sharp as tack and has a lot more contrast than Nikon's Reflex lenses (none of the Nikon Reflex lenses have AF or VR :(). This was my primary reason for trying Sony Alpha in the first place. Join this AF Reflex lens with Sony's internal optical stabilization and you will have an exceptionally light, portable, fast moving birding setup, but may still want another camera for the closer shots because the lens is fixed.

I have only had the Tamron since last summer so cannot comment on longevity. But so far see no signs of build problems with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2011 10:39 AM PDT

Sigma EX DG 67mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
Sigma EX DG 67mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
Price: $27.21
4 used & new from $13.66

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN FINDING a VERY GOOD FILTER and VALUE, February 19, 2011
I usually stick with more expensive filters because I am prone to getting picky. I like things that work. After reading the reviews here I decided to have a go at it. I am tickled pink with my purchase. Highly recommend this filter. It is a very good quality and a great value.

Rapid Car Charger + USB Data Cable + Black Silicone Skin Soft Case + LCD Screen Protector for Nokia E63

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery Charger Works - USB work FIne - Nokia E63 Symbian, February 19, 2011
Everything works fine and the package has good value. The did not expect a heavy duty bounce proof cover at the price point. The one I bough separately is much more drop proof and thicker, but I knew this when buying the package. I use my phone in situations where dropping it at some point is a possibility hence the very heavy duty cover.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the Memories !, February 18, 2011
Channel No. 5 is an old name, but is still my number one choice for my wife. It has the power of wonderful memories. She loves it and I do too. It is similar to coming home to a warm fire in the winter snow for me.

Romance by Ralph Lauren for Women, Set (Eau De Parfum Natural Spray 3.4 Ounce, Body Lotion 1.7 Ounce, Shower Gel 1.7 Ounce, Purse)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior, February 18, 2011
My wife loves it, and I love it too. Great fragrance and pleasant to be aorund. Highly recommend this product.

CB Digital-S
CB Digital-S
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $39.95
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible Flash Bracket, February 18, 2011
This review is from: CB Digital-S (Electronics)
The product is well built and functions flawlessly. It is a real gem for holding the camera steady in low light and on high zoom shots. I love it.

Page: 1 | 2