Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Potomac, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Barron's SAT Writing Workbook, 3rd Edition (Barron's Writing Workbook for the New Sat)
by George Ehrenhaft Ed. D.
Price: $12.77
98 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good examples and worksheets, April 27, 2014
I use this book for tutoring students, and I really like the way it a systematic overview of different types of writing problems and suggested solutions. The problem-focused exercises allow me to go step by step with students and help them improve their skills.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out
by Mike Halsey
Price: $26.47
42 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so readable!, April 27, 2014
I read a lot of computer books, and it's rare to find one that is so readable. I'm about half way through it, and I've always learned a lot. I feel much more confident that if new problems come up with my Windows 7 PC, I'll be able to troubleshoot them myself. The recommendations are written with the user in mind, and sometimes include useful free or low-cost third party products. I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Jacques Pepin Fast Food My Way 3: Great Gratins
Jacques Pepin Fast Food My Way 3: Great Gratins
DVD
Price: $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and delicious, January 30, 2014
I really like Jacques Pepin and his cooking. In his Fast Food My Way series, there are many fast and simple options for great food.

Scotch Double Sided Tape with Dispenser, 1/2 x 900 Inch, Dispenser 1-count, Tape 6-Count (665-6PKC40)
Price: $25.86
26 used & new from $22.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and convenient, June 1, 2013
I used to buy double sided tape in small plastic dispensers that sometimes broke and required two hands to use. This tape dispenser is weighted so you can pull off a piece of tape with one hand, which is much more convenient. I use it regularly for crafts, so I was also pleased to get 6 rolls of it at a good price.

Pivot Table Data Crunching: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library)
Pivot Table Data Crunching: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library)
Price: $15.39

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!, June 1, 2013
I love this book. It's the most complete resource on PivotTables and PivotCharts I've found, and Bill Jelen is a good writer. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I own the Kindle version of it. It's very frustrating to always be reading about a figure that isn't on the same page, and the figure captions sometimes run in with the text instead of staying with the figure. For all that, it's a great resource.

Microsoft Project Made Easy : Build a Project Schedule Tutorial
Microsoft Project Made Easy : Build a Project Schedule Tutorial
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This one was rushed, April 21, 2013
The author writes good, practical blogs about Microsoft Project on Techrepublic. I've enjoyed them, so I thought I would enjoy this book, but I was a little bit disappointed.

The content doesn't go much beyond what most people with a basic knowledge of MS Project would do anyway as far as schedule development. But the part that bothered me the most was that the writing in this book is draft quality rather than publication quality. It has the typical writing errors of something that was thrown together quickly, and it does not appear that the author took the time to reread what he had written (or have someone else review it for him) before publishing it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 7:11 AM PDT

Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro digital camcorder for Action Sports/Surveillance (Includes 2Gb Memory)
Price: $42.00
58 used & new from $26.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, May 7, 2012
The camera is okay. It's small, easy to use, and takes great video. The audio is adequate. The biggest problem I had with this camera is that you need the accessory pack (another $20) if you want to mount it on a bicycle helmet, and the accessory pack is of very poor quality. In fact, it's so bad that I no longer own the camera, because it fell off my helmet today and got lost.

Veho VCC-A001-ESP MUVI Extreme/Action Sports Pack for MUVI or MUVI Pro
Veho VCC-A001-ESP MUVI Extreme/Action Sports Pack for MUVI or MUVI Pro
Offered by Gizoo, Gadgets & Gifts
Price: $14.99
23 used & new from $7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, May 7, 2012
I bought the camera first and read the unimpressive reviews about the Sports Pack. After a few days, I decided that something to mount it on my helmet would be better than nothing, so I bought it. I shouldn't have wasted my time or my money. It's not at all well made. I rode with it today, and now I no longer own a MUVI camera. It fell off and got lost. Big disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 3:28 PM PST

Cygolite Expilion 400 Usb Rechargeable Headlight with Quick Release Li-Ion Battery Stick and Wall Charger
Price: $113.99
3 used & new from $113.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this light, December 2, 2011
Until I bought this light, I never understood why someone would want to pay over $100 for a bicycle headlight, but now I know what a difference it makes.

I started commuting to work on my bicycle about six months ago. It wasn't until recently that it started getting dark on the trail I ride. My earlier light was a helmet-mounted one that I paid about $40 for locally at a reputable, well-known outdoor chain store. It got the job done as far as making me visible to others, but it didn't allow me to see more than about 10 feet in front of my bike. I felt I needed more.

After doing some research and talking to friends, I chose this light for its features, for its battery life, and for the company's reputation for quality and customer service. On the highest setting, I can see the distance of about one city block ahead of me when riding in what would otherwise be total darkness. I use it for about an hour every evening, and I recharge the battery every morning through the mini USB cable provided. It has several settings, so you change to a lower one for city riding. It's easy to operate, and I haven't had any problems riding with it in the rain. I also have Cygolite's rechargeable taillight.

Update 4-20-13. I've been using this light for almost a year and a half now in my daily commute to work. I'm still completely satisfied with it.

Nite Ize Spokelit Bicycle Light
Nite Ize Spokelit Bicycle Light
Price: $4.80 - $141.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product that does what it's supposed to do, December 2, 2011
I'm a bicycle commuter, and I've bought several of these for my bicycle. I have one in front, one in back, and a spare in my panniers. When I ride at night, with a helmet-mounted headlight, taillight, and two of these, drivers (and pedestrians) can see me from every angle. I have one blue, one green, and one multicolor.

These do exactly what they were made to do. I read that some reviewers had problems with batteries. You don't always know how long they've been sitting on a shelf when you buy them, but the problem is easily remedied. I had to replace batteries in 2 of my 3 Spokelits shortly after I got them, but I'm sure I'll be good for a while now.

While Spokelits call for two CR2016 batteries, you can also get away with one CR2032. I normally buy my batteries in bulk here on Amazon for price and convenience, but occasionally I've needed a battery on short notice. CR2032s have the advantage of being a little cheaper and a little easier to find at local drug stores in my area.

Page: 1 | 2