Profile for EJB > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EJB RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC)

Page: 1 | 2
The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: A Leadership Fable
The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: A Leadership Fable
by Patrick Lencioni
Price: $15.90
308 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Kudos to the author for understanding entrepreneurship and ..., January 15, 2015
I barely ever write reviews but felt compelled to do so on this book. This book puts into words 90% of the strategy I have found that has allowed me to bend but not break while growing a successful business and culture. Brilliant. Kudos to the author for understanding entrepreneurship and leadership with balance well enough to summarize it so simply.

Apple TV MD199LL/A (Current Version)
Apple TV MD199LL/A (Current Version)
Price: $89.99
115 used & new from $70.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple TVs are an exceptional experience, October 19, 2013
Having had a Samsung Bluray player with apps, a Sharp Smart TV, and a Roku, I bought an apple tv for the office and realized how much more of an exceptional experience it is. We moved to Apple TVs for our house after that and we love it.

Quality Replacement Battery For Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor TFL AAA Model MBP33 MBP36 MBP36PU Part TFL3X44AAA900 CB94-01A 3.6V NiMH
Offered by shiras web deals
Price: $14.25
8 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked., October 19, 2013
Not sure what else needs said, it worked in my baby monitor great. I would recommend it if your battery is dead.

Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 5
Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 5
DVD ~ Buck Denver
Offered by BREAD OF LOVE
Price: $16.74
28 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching about Israel's greatest King, January 12, 2012
My children (ages 3 & 5 as of this reading) love What's in the Bible and even my wife and I are learning a lot through the series. The fun and innovative series is mainly puppets discussing the bible chronologically. This video has two parts:

1) Samuel, Saul, and David's beginning (1 Samuel)

2) David and Soloman (2 Samuel, 1 Kings)

This DVD was one of the most amazing because it didn't shy away from the sin in David's life but discussed it and embraced his repentent heart. They showed how David was after God's own heart and repented when he sinned. They discussed the consequences of his sin.

I highly recommend this to all of my kid's friends and have found it applies well to older kids as old as 9 years old.

The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God
by Timothy Keller
Price: $20.39
100 used & new from $7.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book that will change your marriage, January 12, 2012
This book was the best book I have ever read about marriage. I believe that it should be used widespread for those who are married, planning to get married, or single and just want to understand what true biblical marriage is all about.

The book starts off working through Paul's discussion of marriage in Ephesians 5. Each chapter spends time on a verse or part of a verse os Ephesians 5 while blending in much more scripture from the OT, NT, and often 1 Corinthians 7. Keller answers so many critical questions about why we should (or should not) get married, what is biblical marriage trying to do, and the roles in a marriage. His wife chimes in with a chapter regarding gender roles, feminism, and culture. Keller also devotes a chapter to the biblical view of sex and discusses what in various sections the dangerous misconceptions about sex outside of marriage.

Some questions this book will help you clarify in your life:
What feelings should I have for my spouse?
Am I serving my spouse properly?
What's God's purpose in my marriage?
Why is sex outside of marriage appealing?
Why is being single so great?
What should I do if I really want to get married?
What can I do to strengthen my marriage?
And so many more questions about true Gospel centered marriage.

The book is well written and a fast and easy read at roughly 250 pages. I highly recommend it and will be suggesting it to my friends and community for both single people, engaged couples, and married people of all life situations.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, for $20, December 27, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was a Christmas present to my girls who fell in love with playing with a big box that we had gotten in the fall. They drew on that box, decorated, and pretended it was a house. They saw a competitive product to this in a catalog for near $50 and we bought it on JC Penney for $20. We have seen it as low as $10 at AC Moore since then.

The positives:
- It is easy to paint on, all black and white.
- Easy to put together with two people
- Two identical sides makes it great for two kids to paint since they both can get their own dog, bunny, butterfly, and bird.

The negatives:
- The sides are the same, might get not so much fun painting the exact same elements on both sides So, if you don't have two, something to consider.
- The cardboard ripped within 15 minutes of playing with it.
- It is difficult to move while keeping it together. With each move it gets weaker.

At the end of the day, its a great buy for under $25. My 3.5 yr old and 5 yr old loved it. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for it though.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Onkyo HT-S3300 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, December 22, 2011
This Onkyo package has done nothing but impress me so much that I am not looking at buying a 7.1 system for another room. I love the simplicity of use, the sound showing up on the screen, and the controls of the sound that it gives us. We combined it with a Logitech Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote with Color Screen which has made it perfect for use by our non technical parents or even our 5 year old.

Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink
Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink
Offered by Young Life
Price: $124.99
11 used & new from $105.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun but could be more durable..., December 22, 2011
This review is from: Radio Flyer Big Flyer, Pink (Toy)
We have really liked this Radio Flyer big wheel. We got it for our daughter's third birthday (she was about 75% height). Unfortunately she wasn't big enough to use it until she was about 3.5 years old.

The flag on this toy was extremely weak and not durable. It broke off very quickly and that makes the big wheel more dangerous because it is so low to the ground that cars can't see them without the flag. This makes even sidewalk riding much more dangerous. So, be prepared for the flag to break and have to use it in a very contained environment. But in that contained environment, its a blast.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work fine, December 22, 2011
To bring our house up to new codes in our area when doing a new project in the house, we had to have a CO detector on each floor. We used these Kidde ones to replace the regular Kidde hardwired smoke alarms in our house and it worked fine as far as we could tell.

Corsair 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 1066 MHz (PC3 8500) Laptop Memory (CM3X2GSD1066)
Corsair 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 1066 MHz (PC3 8500) Laptop Memory (CM3X2GSD1066)
Price: $24.87
66 used & new from $20.43

5.0 out of 5 stars works well in a Macbook, December 22, 2011
Bought this for a white Macbook that was not upgradeable (right after Apple stopped making them) and upgraded the memory and hard drive on this. This memory has worked great and was a great deal compared to Apple's prices.

Page: 1 | 2