Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Akron OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Midnight (Adrian's Undead Diary Book 3)
Midnight (Adrian's Undead Diary Book 3)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, October 12, 2014
I have really enjoyed this series. This may not have been my favorite was a thoroughly enjoyable read. It's 4 am and I'm about to start the next book!

Ontario Knives Model II Folding Knife, Black
Ontario Knives Model II Folding Knife, Black
Offered by The Perfect Aim Sports
Price: $24.86
20 used & new from $24.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Knife, July 22, 2014
Amazing Knife for the price. I really like pocket knives and have a small collection folding knives. I am not an expert but certainly an enthusiast. This knife really surprised with its high quality, flawless operation, and versatility at such a low price.

I got a pink one originally for my girlfriend after she lost her blue Mini Grip. When it arrived, I put it through the paces and it performed very well. Not one complaint. I liked the knife so much I bought one for myself.

It came razor sharp. The action opening and closing is super smooth, allowing easy one handed operation. The blade is perfectly centered and has no play when opened. The liner lock has solid lock up and easy operation. The handle scales, while nothing exotic are tough and offer decent grip.

This knife compares favorably with other similarly sized knives such as Benchmade Mini Griptillian, Spyderco Delica, or Kershaw Leek at a fraction of the price. The only place it falls short is in blade steel. The AUS 8 is more of a value steel, theoretically, without the edge retention of the higher end steels in those other knives. I have not noticed a difference in my use so far. What I have noticed is that it returns to razor sharpness very quickly and easily when sharpened.

Overall this is a great knife at a great price. Value wise it is very tough to beat. In my search for the perfect pocket knife, I am pleasantly surprised such a good knife can be so affordable. Is it as nice as my Sebenza? Not quite, but at 1/15th the cost, it is such a better deal and I won't cry if I lose it.

Wizard Dawning (The Battle Wizard Saga Book 1)
Wizard Dawning (The Battle Wizard Saga Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, May 4, 2014
I liked the story, but feel it is most appropriate for older children-->young adult. I would give 3.5 stars if possible. Uncertain if I will read sequel.

Uncle Mike's Gun-Tite Resealable Adhesive, 6-ml Tube
Uncle Mike's Gun-Tite Resealable Adhesive, 6-ml Tube
Price: $6.09
46 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked, February 16, 2014
This works well, but it is easy to squirt too much. Does come underfilled, but you don't need much. Seems same as blue loctite, which has same problem for me.

Racers Edge 3000 1/2-Ounce Bottle W Needle Tip
Racers Edge 3000 1/2-Ounce Bottle W Needle Tip
Price: $4.99
4 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for oiling tight places, February 16, 2014
I use this to oil my pocket knives. It works well for putting small drops of oil in hard to reach places. It lost a star for being over priced.

IIT 65920 Security Tamper Proof 6 Point Star Bit Set Torx Socket Tamperproof
IIT 65920 Security Tamper Proof 6 Point Star Bit Set Torx Socket Tamperproof
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $5.30
8 used & new from $5.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, February 16, 2014
I use them to adjust my knives. The bits work just fine. The holder grips the bits a little tightly but is certainly secure. You can use one of the longer full size bits to poke out smaller ones you can't grasp and pull out.

Nitrous Blitz, G-10 Handle, Black Blade, Plain
Nitrous Blitz, G-10 Handle, Black Blade, Plain
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $94.16
25 used & new from $94.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and Fast Lightweight EDC Folder, February 16, 2014
This knife is light for a 3.4 inch blade which is what initially attracted me. The assist is lightning fast and it can easily be opened and closed one handed-- easier than the axis assist knives.. I like the coated 154CM blade. It came razor sharp! The grip is has a nice shape and fits my hand securely. It has thin G10 scales over thin titanium liners. The framelock engages securely at about 60% and disengages easily. Blade centering is good.

Unfortunately, I prefer my bigger knives to be more substantial. Though, I like light knives, this may be too light for me. The blade is thin. The scales are thin. The liners are thin, with a thin little liner lock. It looks bad ass, but feels a little wimpy in hand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2015 7:23 PM PST

SUPCASE Amazon All-New Kindle Fire HDX 7" Slim Fit Folio Leather Case (Black) - Elastic Hand Strap, Not Compatible with All New Kindle Fire HD 7"/Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012 Version)/Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Offered by BrilloTech
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, February 16, 2014
Works as advertised. No problems. Protects my Kindle while making it easier to handle. Funny smell went away within a week.

Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 10-Inch Sharpening Steel
Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 10-Inch Sharpening Steel
Price: $14.05
28 used & new from $11.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on softer steel knives, February 16, 2014
Worked fine on my old kitchen knives. Unfortunately, I upgraded to Japanese steel, so I had to upgrade to a ceramic hone. Supposedly, these groved steels can damage the harder more brittle steel in fine Japanese knives. Now I wish I had started with ceramic.

Garmin Forerunner 220 - Black/Red Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
Garmin Forerunner 220 - Black/Red Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
Offered by Amaazing Deals
Price: $247.50
34 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 16, 2014
The Garmin Forerunner 220 has worked great so far. It picks up the GPS much faster than my girlfriends 110-- just a few seconds. I have used it running and cross country skiing. Downloads info to Garmin Connect website, which summarizes every workout-- including distance, speed, pace, heart rate, altitude, calories. Even shows a map of your route. This has many features, some of which I haven't used yet.

Only complaint-- doesn't support Android phones! Not much of a problem since I plug it into my computer to charge when I get home. Also, the heart rate monitor must be moistened aggressively to pick up ( takes some time to work up a sweat when it's 10 degrees.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3