Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Tenna Merchent > Reviews

Browse

Tenna Merchent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 287

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tenna Merchent RSS Feed (Noblesville, IN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nikon D5 20.8 MP FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body (XQD Version)
Nikon D5 20.8 MP FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body (XQD Version)
Price: $6,499.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It can shoot silently, even in high speed continuous, April 4, 2016
I bought this camera for many reasons, the incredible high native ISO of 102,400, sensor resolution of 20.8 Million, 153-point auto focus points, and numerous other strengths.

What I didn't know is the camera can shoot silently in live view mode! It's a menu setting in the Photo Shooting Menu > Silent live view photography, it's the very last item, and you have to turn it on, by default it is off. But then if you shoot with Live View the camera is silent, even in high speed continuous! This is absolutely huge for me, life changing even. I am ecstatic. I shoot golf tournaments, and my camera cannot make a sound. So up until now I had to use lower quality cameras because they were quite. Now I can shoot golf tournaments with my best camera. It's like Christmas, and I can't believe no one is talking about this huge benefit. I would have bought the camera solely for the silent mode if I had known about it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2016 8:10 PM PDT

Yo-Kai Watch Standard Edition Guide
Yo-Kai Watch Standard Edition Guide
by Rick Barba
Price: $18.89
46 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great maps & details on Yo-Kai's favorite foods, December 25, 2015
This is a great reference tool to accompany the game Yo-Kai Watch. The part I use the most is the maps. They become the most helpful after you get to the point in the story line where you can warp. There is no overall map that I can find in the book, but there are plenty of sub-maps that show you the map of Downtown Springdale for instance.

I have also used the section that gives you details on specific Yo-Kai quite a bit. This is helpful when you are trying to catch a particular Yo-kai because it tells you their favorite food which greatly improves your chances of catching them.

The guide also gives you helpful hints for fighting the bosses, which I recommend you level yourself up as much as you can before you try to take any of them on.

I refer to this guide on a regular basis when playing this game, I've purchased 3 copies already.

Faded Glory Mens Patriotic USA American Flag Board Shorts Swimwear (Small, Stars and Stripes)

5.0 out of 5 stars My son wears these every day to camp,, July 18, 2015
My boys love these shorts. I bought a couple pairs because it is so hard to find stars & stripes bathing suites. My son wears these every day to camp, they are holding up beautifully.

From Photographer to Gallery Artist: The Complete Guide to Finding Gallery Representation for Your Fine Art Photography
by Kara Lane
Price: $17.99
23 used & new from $13.96

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Favorite Photography Reference Book & Inspiration, July 18, 2015
Fine Art Photography Guide

This book will give you the facts on how to earn art gallery representation. The author has interviewed numerous high level galleries. She presents the most common roads to success such as portfolio reviews. She also profiles several currently famous and gallery represented photographers and explains how they reached stardom.
I learned so much by reading this book. For instance, one of the galleries said that some photographers are overdramatic when they show up with white gloves for their artwork. Fine art galleries know how to handle artwork, and don’t need to be handed white gloves. I found that funny because I saw a famous fine art photographer do a presentation at Imaging USA, and he specifically recommended taking two sets of white gloves, one for the photographer and one for the curator. Myth officially debunked.
I bought both the paperback and the Kindle version so I could easily reference it when traveling, but I also wanted a hard copy I could highlight and dog-ear. This is my new favorite reference book.

It is also a great inspiration to get out of my comfort zone, try some of these approaches, build several bodies of work, and hopefully hang on the walls of the most beloved galleries.

I will recommend it to all my photography guild friends.

Integrative Therapeutics, Inc. Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Chewable, Chocolate Flavor, 120-Count
Offered by iServe Products
Price: $14.00
4 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused sinus and nasal congestion, check the ingredients, January 10, 2015
This product caused me significant sinus and nasal inflammation and congestion. I took if for over a month before I figured out that it was the cause of my problems. I didn’t put 2 & 2 together because we were traveling when my congestion started, plus my son had just had a cold and I thought it was environmental, or a simple cold. Once I stopped taking this supplement, my nasal and sinus congestion cleared up immediately. I switched to another company’s Vitamin D3 with no unpleasant side effects. Look at the ingredients for this product carefully. If you do decide to take it, pay attention to any changes in your health.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 2:18 PM PDT

Think Tank Photo Airport Internationalª V 2.0
Think Tank Photo Airport Internationalª V 2.0
Offered by NatureScapes Store
Price: $389.75
18 used & new from $389.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite big, but carryon camera bag., August 25, 2014
This is without a doubt my favorite big camera bad. I've heard other photographers say "I've never met a camera bag I didn't like." Well I have, most of them as a matter of fact. I tried a less expensive brand once, and it wasn't worth the money I saved. This bag is sturdy, it can hold 2 camera bodies, several lenses, my speed light, and misc hard drives, and it's still okay to take as a carryon. It is wonderful!

Nintendo Pokewalker Pedometer for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver DS Game - Includes Instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old loves this!!!, August 25, 2014
My son absolutely loves his Pokewalker! It communicates with one of his 3Ds Pokemon games, and he never leaves the house without it. He keeps it inside of a Pikachu sweatband he wears on his wrist. Definitely one of his most loved toys.

PhotoFast i-Flash 16GB Drive for iOS/Android/Mac/PC (IFD06A16GB)
PhotoFast i-Flash 16GB Drive for iOS/Android/Mac/PC (IFD06A16GB)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quicker than syncing to my computer, August 25, 2014
I use this device to quickly transfer images between my computer & my iPhone. It isn't perfect, it's slow for instance, but it is faster than going to my tower that has iTunes and syncing, or e-mailing them to myself. I also use it as a quick way to give my boys friends images that I have taken of them. They just pop this device into their phone, download the app, and select which pictures they want. No more burning disks!

I keep one at the office and one at home.

The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes
The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes
by Scott Kelby
Price: $20.48
86 used & new from $10.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me think, "I can do that!" and then I go out and do it. He makes it look easy., August 10, 2014
This book is so inspiring. Scott Kelby has the ability to make the complicated simple. In this book he used a formula that I love! Every two pages he starts with a behind the scenes shot, then he gives a brief description of where they are, sometimes why, and any light modifiers or other gear needed.
Next paragraph he gives you his actual camera settings, even if they weren't ideal, and he explains why he selected them, including his lens.
Next page he shows you the final image, which is absolutely beautiful, especially now that you've seen the behind the scenes shot.
Third paragraph (of the 2 page spread) he tells you his thought process on the whole image and capture, like why he would put a second diffuser in front of a softbox.
Fourth paragraph he touches on any special retouching.
I'm going to take the hot-shoe chapter, and work through every example like a workbook. See if I can recreate the essence of what he's teaching but with my locations.
He has a chapter on:
* Natural light portraits
* One light setups
* Two or more lights
* Hot-shoe flash
* Weddings (ugh, not my thing but still worth reading and studying)
* Travel
* Landscapes & nature
* Other stuff (like product photography)
* Post production
He is also a talented photographer himself. Now that may sound like a requirement to be a photography author, but it is not. Many writers have a lot of technical complicated knowledge, but no artistic vision. This writer has really studied the craft and acquired the skills both technical and has a photographers eye.
He his hands down my favorite photography how-to author because he makes everything look easy, and I think to myself, "I can do that!" And you know what, I usually go out there and do get it right with his help.
I have gone from a mom photographer to recently making the list of Top 10 Indiana Photographers, and I attribute a ton of my success to his books, seminars, and podcasts. Thank you Mr. Kelby!!!
If you haven't read his other books, Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, Updated Edition, I recommend you do so. Whenever anyone asks me where to start, this is where I point them.

Simoni's Gift: A Story about Your Purpose in Life
Simoni's Gift: A Story about Your Purpose in Life
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Tale with an Inspiring Message about Life’s Purpose, August 1, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this short story about the purpose of life! The mystical nature of it reminded me of The Alchemist.
It starts with Davita realizing that, although she has died, her life is not really over…yet. Simoni greets her and tells her she can choose between life and death, but she only has an hour to make her choice. Talk about pressure! Davita asks Simoni various questions about life, and I found myself wondering what I would want to know if I could have a Q&A session with an all-knowing being. That is one of the things I liked about the book; it makes you think about your own life.
After Davita asks about things like happiness, religion, childhood, and other things she never completely figured out, she eventually asks about the purpose of life. After discovering her purpose and the five practices to help her fulfill that purpose, Davita is in a better position to make her decision. The story has an interesting twist near the end. I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say that Simoni doesn’t exactly make Davita’s decision easy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20