Profile for Tenna Merchent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 282

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tenna Merchent RSS Feed (Noblesville, IN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Think Tank Airport International V 2.0
Think Tank Airport International V 2.0
Offered by Outdoor Photo Gear
Price: $389.75
28 used & new from $340.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite big, but carryon camera bag., August 25, 2014
This is without a doubt my favorite big camera bad. I've heard other photographers say "I've never met a camera bag I didn't like." Well I have, most of them as a matter of fact. I tried a less expensive brand once, and it wasn't worth the money I saved. This bag is sturdy, it can hold 2 camera bodies, several lenses, my speed light, and misc hard drives, and it's still okay to take as a carryon. It is wonderful!

Nintendo Pokewalker Pedometer for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver DS Game - Includes Instructions
Offered by Lotsa Electronics
Price: $44.99
9 used & new from $20.50

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old loves this!!!, August 25, 2014
My son absolutely loves his Pokewalker! It communicates with one of his 3Ds Pokemon games, and he never leaves the house without it. He keeps it inside of a Pikachu sweatband he wears on his wrist. Definitely one of his most loved toys.

PhotoFast i-Flash 16GB Drive for iOS/Android/Mac/PC (IFD06A16GB)
PhotoFast i-Flash 16GB Drive for iOS/Android/Mac/PC (IFD06A16GB)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quicker than syncing to my computer, August 25, 2014
I use this device to quickly transfer images between my computer & my iPhone. It isn't perfect, it's slow for instance, but it is faster than going to my tower that has iTunes and syncing, or e-mailing them to myself. I also use it as a quick way to give my boys friends images that I have taken of them. They just pop this device into their phone, download the app, and select which pictures they want. No more burning disks!

I keep one at the office and one at home.

The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes
The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes
by Scott Kelby
Price: $15.80
60 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me think, "I can do that!" and then I go out and do it. He makes it look easy., August 10, 2014
This book is so inspiring. Scott Kelby has the ability to make the complicated simple. In this book he used a formula that I love! Every two pages he starts with a behind the scenes shot, then he gives a brief description of where they are, sometimes why, and any light modifiers or other gear needed.
Next paragraph he gives you his actual camera settings, even if they weren't ideal, and he explains why he selected them, including his lens.
Next page he shows you the final image, which is absolutely beautiful, especially now that you've seen the behind the scenes shot.
Third paragraph (of the 2 page spread) he tells you his thought process on the whole image and capture, like why he would put a second diffuser in front of a softbox.
Fourth paragraph he touches on any special retouching.
I'm going to take the hot-shoe chapter, and work through every example like a workbook. See if I can recreate the essence of what he's teaching but with my locations.
He has a chapter on:
* Natural light portraits
* One light setups
* Two or more lights
* Hot-shoe flash
* Weddings (ugh, not my thing but still worth reading and studying)
* Travel
* Landscapes & nature
* Other stuff (like product photography)
* Post production
He is also a talented photographer himself. Now that may sound like a requirement to be a photography author, but it is not. Many writers have a lot of technical complicated knowledge, but no artistic vision. This writer has really studied the craft and acquired the skills both technical and has a photographers eye.
He his hands down my favorite photography how-to author because he makes everything look easy, and I think to myself, "I can do that!" And you know what, I usually go out there and do get it right with his help.
I have gone from a mom photographer to recently making the list of Top 10 Indiana Photographers, and I attribute a ton of my success to his books, seminars, and podcasts. Thank you Mr. Kelby!!!
If you haven't read his other books, Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, Updated Edition, I recommend you do so. Whenever anyone asks me where to start, this is where I point them.

Simoni's Gift: A Story about Your Purpose in Life
Simoni's Gift: A Story about Your Purpose in Life
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Tale with an Inspiring Message about Life’s Purpose, August 1, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this short story about the purpose of life! The mystical nature of it reminded me of The Alchemist.
It starts with Davita realizing that, although she has died, her life is not really over…yet. Simoni greets her and tells her she can choose between life and death, but she only has an hour to make her choice. Talk about pressure! Davita asks Simoni various questions about life, and I found myself wondering what I would want to know if I could have a Q&A session with an all-knowing being. That is one of the things I liked about the book; it makes you think about your own life.
After Davita asks about things like happiness, religion, childhood, and other things she never completely figured out, she eventually asks about the purpose of life. After discovering her purpose and the five practices to help her fulfill that purpose, Davita is in a better position to make her decision. The story has an interesting twist near the end. I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say that Simoni doesn’t exactly make Davita’s decision easy!

Lexar Professional 1100x 64GB XQD Card (LXQD64GCTBNA1100)
Lexar Professional 1100x 64GB XQD Card (LXQD64GCTBNA1100)
Price: $308.95
17 used & new from $249.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice not to worry about changing cards, July 17, 2014
I invested in this memory card right before a big trip to Hawaii. It was so nice to look down and see there was plenty of memory on my card to take additional pictures. I did not want to be changing memory cards on the beach, or in a helicopter. I don't think I would have splurged under normal circumstances, but for this trip, my peace of mind was worth it.

Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook: 4
Minecraft: The Official Construction Handbook: 4
by Egmont UK Ltd
18 used & new from $7.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely popular with my boys, July 17, 2014
My boys absolutely love Minecraft, and when this book arrived they were ecstatic! They dove into it right away. Yes, there were things they already knew, but there were some things they did not. I ended up buying copies for a couple of their closest Minecraft buddies.

Rose Gold Stackable Eternity CZ Ring 1.5MM Sterling Silver 925 Size 7
Rose Gold Stackable Eternity CZ Ring 1.5MM Sterling Silver 925 Size 7
Offered by CloseoutWarehouse
Price: $19.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, but pretty., July 17, 2014
This is pretty but one of the CZs feel out with in a week. I would not recommend it to anyone.

HyperJuice 2 External Battery Pack for MacBook / iPad / iPhone / Smartphones - MBP2-100
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $299.00
6 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing battery power, great for long distance travel!, July 17, 2014
This power pack is amazing! It's a little bit big, yes, but for traveling overseas, or to Hawaii, where there were no electrical plugs on the plane, it was a life saver! The most important thing is don't lose it's charging cable, or you're toast. I labeled it so if the 2 became separated I could identify it. You can't just plug your device into it and have it begin charging. You actually have to turn the HyperJuice on, but other than that I love my HyperJuice!

In Earphones Headphones with MIC MP3 Controller + Swarovski elements - PINK BASSBUDS
5 used & new from $44.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to find, and work great!, July 17, 2014
I love these earbuds! They are so cute, and they function just as well as the ones that came with my phone. Amazingly I haven't lost these because I can tell mine from everyone else's.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20