Profile for Gary > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nest Cam
Nest Cam
Price: $199.00
14 used & new from $189.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Google, Nest, and Dropcam should be embarassed by the quality of this product and by the Nest App, June 30, 2015
This review is from: Nest Cam (Electronics)
I am not trying to be ugly here, but whatever executive-level person at Nest who gave the final approval to release this product should be sent back to business school. Dropcam was the epitome of a good product. It was easy to use, quick to set up, and a cinch to manage. Plus, it worked great! I bought two (2) Nest Cams the day they came out and have been disgusted. First, I mounted the camera high in the garage, only to discover that the Nest App (unlike the Dropcam app) requires you to scan a QR code on the back of the camera if you're trying to set it up wirelessly. The box would be a logical place to have another copy of the camera's QR code, but it wasn't on there. I had to climb the ladder, unscrew the camera and, snap a picture of the QR code to get it set up. From there, things became more disappointing. The cloud video recording subscriptions keep saying that I cannot manage them, and for the last few weeks I have been getting a message along the lines of, "We're working to get everything rolled over from Dropcam to Nest" and that I need to be patient in the meantime. The next irritation I experienced is that the Nest App is just awful. And I do mean AWFUL, as in I would give it 0 stars out of 5 if Apple would let me. You get little dime-sized previews of the cameras' video and the CVR doesn't work. I try to pull up video from earlier in the day and the little box is just black. Plus, the video has been choppy when I have tried to watch it on Wi-Fi. Don't blame my internet connection, Nest. It's plenty fast. If you couldn't get it to work on the average user's internet connection, you shouldn't have released it and held it out as a 1080p camera. Nest should have taken the extra time to get the CVR subscription service and its app working BEFORE releasing the product. They have alienated me, and I considered myself a loyal user. I can only imagine that average buyers who don't have experience with a Dropcam will have it back to the store for a refund within a few hours. This is a classic example of a company rushing a product out way before it was ready and alienating all of its users.

Bobj Rugged Case for Google Nexus 10 Tablet - BobjGear protective cover - Bold Black
Offered by BobjGear
Price: $22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars This case is awesome., July 20, 2013
Fits perfectly. Gives access to ports (headphone, USB, HDMI). Does great job controlling the audio and lock button too. This is just what I need. I don't necessarily love the Nexus 10, but I do love this case!

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for PC
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for PC
17 used & new from $338.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Game-changer, October 7, 2012
This is one of the best tech purchases I have ever made. I no longer keep paper records. Everything's scanned in with OCR in PDFs, so I can search for things quickly and easily. I sleep better at night knowing that my digital copies are backed up, whereas if my house had burned down, I would have lost all of my records since I only had a single paper copy of them. I highly recommend this scanner for anyone with a lot of paper that they want to digitize and make searchable via the OCR functionality.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all of my life?, July 2, 2012
Exceeded all expectations. Fan didn't bother me and wasn't noticeable on highway, although it is audible. Powered my laptop on a 4 hour car ride without any issues. Price was great too ($30).

Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201)
Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201)
Price: $72.28
87 used & new from $61.19

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing rocks, January 5, 2012
This is the second one I've owned. The W11C is a great model, dependable, and I enjoy using it. It has never overheated and tackles most of the things I throw at it.

Snap-on 93073 Dusting Brush
Snap-on 93073 Dusting Brush
Price: $7.15
2 used & new from $2.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but bristles don't meet expectations, January 3, 2012
I was torn between 3 and 4 stars. The bristles are thinner and less thick than the Shop Vac brush. The result is that if you're not careful, you end up pushing the plastic inside the bristles against the surface you're vacuuming. I went with the 4 stars instead of 3 because I think this brush is a good value and you can still get the job done with it. You just have to be more careful and vacuum a bit more slowly.

Ruthless: A Memoir
Ruthless: A Memoir
by Jerry Heller
29 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars N.W.A part interesting, but who cares about the rest of his career?, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Ruthless: A Memoir (Paperback)
I liked this book but about three pages into the tangent about the non-N.W.A part of his career, I became very bored. After skipping this section, the author returned to his description of his experience with N.W.A and it got interesting again. Decent book, but who cares about the non-N.W.A part of Jerry Heller's career?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 2:03 AM PST

Multi-Day VitaCarry 8 Compartment Pill Box Holds Up To 60 Pills (Assorted color)
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $5.95
7 used & new from $5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product with a slim profile, October 21, 2011
I got tired of carrying around pills in their own containers. I felt like it ate up a lot of space in my laptop bag. I've consolidated everything into this container and am buying a second one for traveling, since space in my overnight bag is minimal and being taken up by pill bottles.

I did the shake test and the pills stay in their own compartments.

Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
Price: $157.98
39 used & new from $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations, January 8, 2011
This chair is comfortable. It was easy to assemble. I fit in it well, and don't feel like I'm to high up or too low to the ground (I am 6'2", for the record). When the package arrived, one of the chair's legs was sticking out (it has poked through the cardboard box) and got a bit scratched up. I can deal with a few scratches on the chair's feet, so I won't reduce my rating of the product.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade [Old Version]
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade [Old Version]
Offered by Tomorrow's Store
Price: $209.99
7 used & new from $141.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded all expectations, August 29, 2010
I thought I'd never want to switch from XP after seeing Vista. But I finally decided that I should at least give 7 a try. It's great. I'm running it on a Pentium D with 2gb of RAM and it works great. I was afraid it would be slow, but it's just as fast as XP, if not faster. All of my old programs that I used on XP still work. Good job, Microsoft!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3