Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Eco-manblue > Reviews

Browse

Eco-manblue's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eco-manblue "Eco-manblue" RSS Feed (Takoma Park, MD United States)

You Can Make It Heaven: How to Enrich Your Life with Abundance and Loving
You Can Make It Heaven: How to Enrich Your Life with Abundance and Loving
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself and your family an immense favor: don't die without having read Rebecca Skeele's book!, March 22, 2016
Rebecca Skeele walks her talk. My family and I have experienced her wisdom, compassion, and soul guidance first hand in counseling sessions, grief management, spiritual mentorship, and sagacious therapy. Her book is a milestone and standout in the pantheon of self-help literature. She is a bright light in dark times -- a clear-headed, straight-communicating, love-acting soul steward. She's a gem in the rough and her book is the same. I'm a better person for having met, worked with, and read Rebecca's practical wisdom for an everyday scared and authentic life. She has my deep gratitude and that of my extended family.

An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization
An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization
by Robert Kegan
Price: $18.33
54 used & new from $14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The book for all of us! Kegan & Lahey just keep getting it right!, March 22, 2016
They've done it again! Widely respected -- and more importantly, widely used -- organizational development gurus, Kegan & Lahey, have produced another pioneering and practical guide for anyone involved in organizational leadership or membership. Whether CEO, or HR, OD or team building practitioner or consultant, this is a must read and must implement road map for healthier businesses, non-profits, or any entity. As an OD consultant, I'm excited by this useful professional tool. Two Big Thumbs Way up!!

The Story of Stuff: How Our Obsession with Stuff Is Trashing the Planet, Our Communities, and Our Health-and a Vision for Change
by Annie Leonard
145 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Patient: Know thy self, March 13, 2010
I heard Al Gore on the evening news once describe the climate change trend as the "Earth has a fever." In her book, The Story of Stuff, I found that Annie Leonard explains -- with sobering, and yet hopeful clarity -- why our planet is overheating from, in part, massive over-consumption by a relatively small part of Earth's human population. Without diminishing the appropriate emphasis on "how are we going to get out of this mess and not just survive, but thrive," the author illuminates the materials cycle, from extraction all the way to the dump. Clive Cussler or Robert Ludlum, it's not, but it kept me interested enough with anecdotes and a sense of humor rarely present in most tomes about how we're screwing ourselves and the 3rd Rock. I was happily surprised, and even energized, by her inclusion of a basic roadmap of sorts for reversing the over-consumption cycle -- one of our species most damaging trends. Here in the U.S., we are at the vanguard of a trajectory that threatens to make us consumers of the world, instead of citizens of the world. WIth more and more power and rights being ascribed to irresponsibly bottom-line-only-focused corporations (witness the recent Supreme Court Citizens United decision), I found the Story of Stuff entirely refreshing with its practically presented idea that I can take charge of my behavior, and increase the quality of my life by shifting how I consume. This is a handbook for crafting a better way of living with ourselves, families, and the Earth. The Story of Stuff would make a great curriculum for K-College students. Beyond the classroom, I hope everyone gets this book and then we can begin to make this important transition together!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2010 8:35 AM PDT