Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Mike Flagstaff > Reviews

Browse

Mike Flagstaff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike Flagstaff RSS Feed (San Jose, CA)

Salt Himalayan Pink Gourmet FDA No Chemicals Non-gmo Organic Halall Kosher 2 Lbs Fine Grind (.5mm) (2 Pounds)
Offered by Old World Salt Company
Price: $8.25
2 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good taste, March 13, 2014
UPDATED TO ADD MY OWN REVIEW. THANK YOU, MADOO:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried this product and I like it very much and I am still purchasing it and believe it to be of very good quality. It is naturally "sweet" tasting as unrefined, unadulterated salt should taste. Common table salt has an acerbic, somewhat astringent quality that leaves a biting sensation in the back of the throat which is noticeable if eaten plain or over-salted on food. With any Himalayan salt brand I have tried, I have been very pleased with the taste and aftertaste. These observations are, admittedly, subjective.

Also, Himalayan salt is reported to have a different molecular structure due to geological activity over 250 million years that actually aids water balance in the body, nutrient absorption, pH balance and blood sugar levels, having 84 trace minerals not cooked out by refinery.

[...]

For decades the food giants in this country have had a tactic of "strip and add" regarding the food we eat. Like "whole wheat" bread made by using white flour with some bran added, your table salt is boiled down to a single chemical (NaCl) and select chemicals, sweeteners and additives are then added to mask the harsh taste that results. No amount of common table salt is healthful. The right salt is essential.

ORIGINAL POSTING FOLLOWS. PERHAPS A BIT HARSH BUT I LEAVE IT UNEDITED FOR HISTORICAL ACCURACY:

I feel like I am in the company of some off-center people with some of the one-star reviews posted here.

C. MAY: colored with brine shrimp? REALLY?! How did you come to that conclusion. If you're not specific or don't supply references or give a credible source I can't be bothered to consider your comments valid.

Mike Christensen: You say, "It's made with sodium chloride (NaCl) and, when mixed with dihydrogen monoxide." Obviously you are talking about commercial table salt and haven't even tried this product. I wouldn't be surprised to find the same review on all salts sold at Amazon. Stop being so emotional.

Phoenix Borealis: Yes it's important to label this salt as GMO-free because commercial table salts have added dextrose (GMO corn) in them. What's the big deal, anyway? Stop being so emotional.

R. Cabral, Rick Le Mon, A Jogalekar: OMG! It's salt!!! Just stop already. The body would be dead without sodium chloride, I don't care if avoid adding salt to your food. GEEZ! Stop being so emotional

Everyone else on Amazon who reviews products they don't actually try: Please find something useful to do with yourselves and stop diluting product ratings with your senseless comments.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 8:52 AM PDT

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Men's Multi, 120 Capsules
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Men's Multi, 120 Capsules
Price: $28.00
40 used & new from $23.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Formula, September 27, 2010
One reviewer complains about the vegan aspect because lanolin, which comes from sheep, is used to provide the vitamin D. Lanolin is in fact a wax, not an oil or "grease" that is obtained by squeezing the sheep's harvested wool between rollers. Higher grades of lanolin are beneficial to humans for healing. The sheep are not hurt, they are sheared. A hard-core vegan might think that was humiliating to the sheep or something, but please. Nevertheless, if it does contain lanolin, then it is not vegan in fact.

Vegan or not, this multi is the best I have tried in my 40 years of trial and error. Don't be fooled by dosages, this is real food and highly assimilable according to how I have been feeling overall while taking it. That it is raw is food is foretelling of the future of dietary supplements, because a food or supplement devoid of living factors and enzymes through cooking and processing are all but dead and can even be harmful. If you have to take supplements with a large meal to prevent stomach upset, then you are throwing your money away, because they are doing you more harm than good. A supplement you can take anytime, even on an empty stomach, with no distress whatsoever, is much more likely to be beneficial. The thing with raw food supplements is you can multiply dosages to your liking with no harmful effects either, because it is, after all, food. Just by opening the bottle and taking a whiff of the contents you get the unmistakable aroma of a complex assortment of fruits, vegetables and herbs. Excellent formula.
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2016 6:41 AM PDT

Dr. Mercola Sunscreen SPF 30 - Hypoallergenic - Protects Against UVB And UVA Light - 8 Ounces
Offered by Advantage Nutrition
Price: $20.97
4 used & new from $20.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen I have tried, August 31, 2010
Number one is that is is free of all the junk ingredients found on so many cosmetic labels. Titanium dioxide, the active ingredient, is very effective and, from all that I can find, the safest ingredient. My wife and I went to Hawaii for our honey moon. She used her commercial 100-SPF and I used my Mercola 30-SPF. Well I am fair skinned and she is more exotic and she is the one who got the tan while I got nothing. It's ironic because she wanted total block and I wanted just a little bit of a tan. The point is, anything labeled over 40-SPF is marketing bunk: If it takes 20 minutes to start a burn then "100 SPF" would protect you for over 33 hours! That means if you stayed out in the sun for 8 hours, according to the rating, it would be the same theoretical exposure as 4 minutes and 48 seconds. Nonsense.

Best of all, the natural scent of Mercola 30-SPF is light and the cream absorbs into the skin with no trace and no slick or greasy feeling.

Living Harvest Tempt Hemp Milk, Unsweetened Original, 32-Ounce Containers (Pack of 12)
Offered by Product Galaxy
Price: $69.70
8 used & new from $43.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually tasty!, August 31, 2010
I have tried all the commercial brands of Hemp Milk. The second best to Tempt is Hemp Bliss by Manitoba Harvest, which is more "green" tasting. Tempt Unsweetened Original is delicious enough to drink straight with no grassy notes. After a few mornings of breakfast with Tempt, I feel like I am almost eating cereal with milk. By itself it is refreshing.

What's greatest of all is that there are no pesticides or herbicides, and no GMOs and hemp is grown on sustainable farms. The ingredients are free of gums, preservatives, chemicals and flavor enhancers and this one has no sweeteners. The only real downside is, like almost every commercial producer, they insist on adding traces of cheap vitamins to produce an unbleak "Nutritional Analysis." I take exception to the addition of "Vitamin A Palmitate" in particular as having no health benefits whatsoever.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, not overpowering, but effective and natural, March 22, 2010
I have a natural loathing for scented products and perfumes, so when I discovered the Method brand, and in particular the Lavender/Lemongrass freshers, I was quite pleased. My wife and I had had a hard time agreeing on what would satisfy both of us for use in the house and this is it. Of course, if you don't like the scent of lavender, there's no use trying it, but on the other hand I think the lemongrass softens and cools it a bit.

It wipes the air of food smells, bathroom smells, musky and dank smells. We have a roomer who brings in the smell of cigarette smoke on his clothes sometimes and it eliminates even that. The best part is that its scents are derived from natural oils only. No chemicals.

The method Lavender/Lemongrass is the only scented room freshener I will use.

Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: $9.96
65 used & new from $0.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic, October 12, 2005
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
This television series got lost somehow among potential viewers as it was short lived. Maybe the gratification factor wasn't quick enough to grab a large viewership. Maybe it was poorly or under promoted. Maybe the television executives long ago traded in their sense of pride in craftsmanship for the almighty buck. Nevertheless, the writing and directing produced a synergy of characters and storytelling unlike anything I've seen on television since Twin Peaks and Babylon 5, not that there are any parallels to be made. Firefly enveloped you with every second of storytelling. In Firefly, character development and synergy are unmatched, and I couldn't help but feel like the crew should be in my own family; when the series ended I felt left behind. The new movie, Serenity, will, I hope, revive the television series, or at least spawn a series of cinematic sequels, that will hopefully fill the coffers of the moguls to keep it going but will unquestionably satisfy the fans.