ARRAY(0x9d342444)

Customer Reviews: 126

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Vegan RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Trader Joe's Chocolate Kona Coffee Truffles (Pack of 2)
Trader Joe's Chocolate Kona Coffee Truffles (Pack of 2)
Offered by BEST CHOICES888
Price: $19.25
4 used & new from $14.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-Hyped & Priced, February 2, 2014
The over-marked price hike here doesn't affect my rating of these, but just as an FYI, a bag of these costs only $3.99 in stores. But I'm just not wowed by them the way I am by other chocolate treats Trader Joe's sells. The coffee flavor is very mild, and I would prefer dark to the milk chocolate it's made with. There are much better chocolates available.

288-Disc CD/DVD Vinyl Carrying Case (Black) - ENJ32288
288-Disc CD/DVD Vinyl Carrying Case (Black) - ENJ32288
Offered by Blue Donuts
Price: $14.95
8 used & new from $13.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs More Room, February 2, 2014
It holds discs well, but when full it's an extremely tight fit to get it closed. I don't even have the maximum amount of discs in it, and still have trouble closing it.

The Biggest Loser Challenge - Nintendo Wii
The Biggest Loser Challenge - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Electric Lime Gaming
Price: $64.99
26 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Virtual Workout, February 2, 2014
Obviously going to an actual gym would be optimal, but for a machine-less at home workout this is good. The only fault I have with it is there's not a lot of guidance on how to do some of the exercises originally. It's not a problem as you get used to them, but for beginners that would be helpful. I would also recommend having a Wii Fit board, as I seem to get more out of the game using it.

Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Strawberries Unsweetened & Unsulfured 1.2oz
Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Strawberries Unsweetened & Unsulfured 1.2oz
Offered by AlphaBet City Dist
Price: $2.49
13 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Over Priced On Amazon, February 2, 2014
I love these things. I buy them to mix in with my yogurt and granolas. They are a great, healthy treat! I have to agree with other reviewers on the price though. I realize it's third party sellers trying to make a quick buck, and not Amazon or Trader Joe's setting the price, but they are much cheaper in the store.

Breville presents Make It Vegan: Recipes from the Yiddish-speaking, Nebraska-living, post-punk vegan, Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipes, January 31, 2014
The recipes in this book are fabulous. I highly recommend buying the full cookbook Ida Does It for more wonderful recipes, as this is really just a good sampling from that.

Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $21.20
58 used & new from $17.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal is An Understatement, January 7, 2014
I own all of Isa's cookbooks, so I had high expectations for this based on my previous experiences with her books. I am happy to say all my hopes were fulfilled and then some.

Every recipe I've tried so far has been delicious. My current favorite is the New England chowder, which is a nod to clam chowder. Using mushrooms in place of clams and nori for a seafood flavor makes it a fabulous cruelty free alternative.

The book relies on no processed dairy or meat substitutes, instead using whole foods with delicious results. Also, aside from a few things most ingredients used in the recipes can be found at most non-speciality stores. The recipes are also quick to prepare, so are very easy to make for weeknight dinners.

It's also a gorgeous book to just look at, full of mouthwatering pictures.

Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison
Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think..., December 27, 2013
Inspiring may not be what you think when you think of prison, but hearing one woman's story, that's how I feel. True she's not the typical felon stereotype, and she did have a life waiting for her when she got out, but she did make the best out of a bad situation, and she gives the reader a lot to think about.

Her views of the prison system are eye opening. I have never been in any kind of trouble with the law, but I feel for those who are. Yes there are dangerous people out there that should be locked up, but that's not always the case. And her stories of her fellow inmates will have you looking at the justice system and convicted criminals in an entirely new light.

The Sound of Music Live!
The Sound of Music Live!
DVD ~ Carrie Underwood
Price: $9.96
57 used & new from $3.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great singing, December 27, 2013
This review is from: The Sound of Music Live! (DVD)
I really enjoyed this production, enough so to buy the DVD. No, it's not Julie Andrews, but it also wasn't made to be a redo of the movie, it was made to be a live version of the original stage show. The vocals in this are good, though some of the non-singing dialogue left something to be desired, but since most of the time is spent singing, it isn't a huge deterrent.

Trader Joe's Coconut Cashews
Trader Joe's Coconut Cashews
Offered by Ultimate Bargains
Price: $13.20
10 used & new from $13.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, December 4, 2013
Delicious vegan treat that's like eating candy! Overpriced by third party sellers though, but try to get to a Trader Joe's where they're much more reasonably priced.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2014 10:15 PM PDT

Vegan Planet: 400 Irresistible Recipes With Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World (Non)
by Robin Robertson
Price: $15.24
190 used & new from $0.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, October 16, 2013
I've had this book for a few years, so I'm not sure why I'm just getting around to leaving a review for it now. I own quite a few of Robertson's cookbooks, and this is my favorite of the bunch.

Every recipe I've tried has turned out well, and it's a book that covers all categories, from the more obvious entree and soup and salad recipes, as well as chapters solely for things like pizza.

I also really like that the recipes don't rely heavily on processed dairy substitutes.

This book is good for new vegans, or just those looking to include more whole foods or eat a more plant-based diet, with enough recipes for it to be valuable to novice and more advanced cooks.

There is an updated version of the book being published in early 2014, and if I had the extra money for it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new edition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13