ARRAY(0xd9a01d18)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 322

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Arena RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color, Glosser Warm Red, 6 Fluid Ounce
John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color, Glosser Warm Red, 6 Fluid Ounce
Offered by I Shop 4 You
Price: $12.95
12 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color refresher!, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been coloring my hair various shades of red for many years. I love the red, but hate the fact that it washes out so easily. I use all the "right" shampoos and conditioners to help maintain the color intensity, but the red fades despite my best efforts. When I tried the John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color, I was thrilled to see that it gave my color a new lease on life, making it look fresher and much, much shinier. All I can say is that this product is a real score for redheads who want to keep that "oomph" that we love a couple of weeks longer, and avoid too-frequent chemical processing. Love it!

Dove Advanced Care with Nutriummoisture Antiperspirant Deodorant, Sensitive Skin, 2.6 Ounce
Price: $4.95
4 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and non-irritating!, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a product I will purchase again. I frequently experience irritation from deodorant/antiperspirant products because I have allergies. They start out OK, but then the sensitivity kicks in along with the itch and discomfort. However, I have had no such experience with Dove Advanced Care. It actually seemed to have a soothing effect on my skin. I should also mention that I love Dove products, and I don't think I've ever purchased anything from this company that wasn't worthy of five stars!

Rubbermaid Home G243 Scrub Brush With Handle
Rubbermaid Home G243 Scrub Brush With Handle
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $13.77
3 used & new from $5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fills the bill!, April 15, 2014
This is just the tool I was looking for to clean tile floors. It's sturdy enough, so the bristles loosen up difficult spots and clean all the rest with ease. After scrubbing, I wrap a cloth around the brush and quickly mop up any cleaning product residue. This is a good product that certainly does the job with ease.

Ramona and Beezus
Ramona and Beezus
DVD ~ Joey King
Price: $4.99
98 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute MUST for your family's movie collection!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Ramona and Beezus (DVD)
There is so much here to recommend this film for family members of every age. Without being maudlin, this film manages to explore just what it is like to be the misunderstood middle child both at home and at school. When the older child can do no wrong, the baby scores a photo-op for putting apple sauce on her head, and you can't get any praise for inventing your own vocabulary words at school, you are living the life of Ramona Quimby!

The situations that this family endures are real and presented sensitively without over-dramatization. Adults and children will relate to what is going on, and how the family comes together through everything is really delightful. There is plenty of "fantasy" through the eyes of Ramona, who is the highlight of the film.

Definitely recommended!

Girl Most Likely [HD]
Girl Most Likely [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly witty and insightful!, March 24, 2014
So much has been said about Girl Most Likely to make it sound like the clinker of the decade that I honestly wonder if I've watched the same film. Kristen Wigg shines as the Dorothy in her own inner Wizard of Oz search for the real meaning of life. There may be "no place like home," but Kristen Wigg as Imogene must find out that it just might not be where she always dreamed it was. The rest of the cast is perfection, fitting perfectly into their supporting roles, with interesting stories of their own.

If you think you would enjoy the thinking woman's chick-flick, you really don't want to miss Girl Most Likely!

Capote
Capote
DVD ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by MILA TECHNOLOGIES
Price: $6.65
315 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not miss this masterful performance!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Capote (DVD)
Since the number of reviews is climbing here to near 500, there is little more I can add that hasn't already been said to praise or criticize this film. I have vivid memories of Truman Capote on the talk show curcuit. At times, it seemed he would remain one of those late-night fixtures merely famous for being famous. However, say what you will about the real man or how this film plays fast and loose with the facts of the case -- Phillip Seymour Hoffman's betrayal of Truman Capote ranks as one of the absolute best performances ever, and for that reason alone, Capote should not be missed!

Housesitter
Housesitter
DVD ~ Steve Martin
Price: $6.01
58 used & new from $2.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets funnier every time!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Housesitter (DVD)
In truth, this is not the greatest movie of all time. However, there is something so absolutely splendid in the twisted and growing deceptions that take on their own reality, and the exchange between the two lead characters that make it a perennial favorite for me. You can just see how they are going to fall in love despite their best efforts. The involvement of all the others drawn into the story is a hilarious screwball masterpiece!

This is a DVD worth buying. Perfect for any time you need to really laugh!

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme 4 Oz
Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme 4 Oz
Price: $16.86
18 used & new from $11.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A little goes a loooooong way!, March 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first time I used this, I used too much -- even though I only used a tad. My hair is long, curly/wavy, color-treated for years, and definitely has a mind of it's own. My bathroom is awash with conditioners of every brand and formula, from the cheap to the way-too-pricey. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme is ultra-concentrated. Because of it, I had to wash my hair again the next day. The second day I used a much smaller amount and my hair dryed naturally. To my eye, it didn't seem to have additional shine and felt a bit coated to me. This far, I am not overwhelmed by the results with this product, but it did make my hair feel somewhat softer.

Fekkai Prx Oil 1.6 Fl Oz
Fekkai Prx Oil 1.6 Fl Oz
Price: $21.28
21 used & new from $16.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a top recommendation., March 23, 2014
This review is from: Fekkai Prx Oil 1.6 Fl Oz (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used Fekkai Prx Oil very sparingly. I put just a bit in the palm of my hands, rubbed it to warm it and applied it directly to the bottom half of my hair after combing out all the tangles. I lightly combed through once again and let it air dry. Once it was dry, I saw little difference in the feel of my hair, and did look a bit limper, as if it had lost some of the fullness of freshly washed hair. The next day, upon returning home from work, I looked in the mirror and was very disappointed to find that my hair looked like it needed to be washed again. It didn't look dirty, but it looked like the fresh look of just done hair was all gone. Not what I am looking for in a hair product! Bummer!

On the packaging: Very, very classy looking! The cardboard outer package and the inside glass bottle have a fabulous appearance. However, the cap/bottle leaks, and when you are dealing with oil that is really a problem. Secondly, the little wand inside will be useless when the product gets close to the bottom. Positive note: The scent is fabulous!

All factors considered, this is not a product I will purchase. There are way too many others out there that perform better and will not take the fresh appearance away from my hair on the first day.

Freaky Friday
Freaky Friday
DVD ~ Jamie Lee Curtis
Price: $4.71
661 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally engaging and hilarious!, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Freaky Friday (DVD)
There are so many "switched" movies out there. Some have been better than others. This particular version of Freaky Friday is a remake of the original, but it just might be the best of the lot. The acting is superb. Lindsay Lohan was so sweet, fresh and real... At least that moment was captured on film. Jamie Lee Curtis is downright hilarious as the mother trapped in her wayward child's body. If you haven't seen this movie before, I can actually assure you that it is so good you can buy it and be guaranteed a good time. Wonderful family film that just might open up some lines of communication later on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20