Profile for J. Arena > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 354

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Arena RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Waiting for Woody Allen
Waiting for Woody Allen
DVD ~ Modi
Price: $22.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Just an observation., December 21, 2014
This review is from: Waiting for Woody Allen (DVD)
It was awful, and the portions were so small.

BOSU Sport Balance Trainer, 50cm, Blue
BOSU Sport Balance Trainer, 50cm, Blue
Price: $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed imagining how great this would be!, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, if imagining enjoying using the BOSU Sport Balance Trainer was good exercise, I'd look like The Rock right now. This was a total exercise in frustration. I have put this aside, and I anticipate a friend will ultimately help me get it working. Until that time, this is totally annoying and a huge disappointment. One of the biggest factors determining a rating of any product is ease of operation, and I have deducted four stars for that factor. The poor quality of the pump provided is a huge put-off. Based on my own personal experience: Not recommended!

Olay Fresh Effects Acne Control Scrub Salicylic Acid Acne and Blackhead Treatment, 5.0 Fluid Ounce
Price: $6.39
2 used & new from $6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, December 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first time I used this product I was a bit disappointed because I assumed it had somehow separated in the tube. Where were the scrubbing beads, I wondered... Well, unlike many other scrubs in similar packaging, this product is less abrasive in the scrubbing action. It's up to you to decide if this is a plus or minus for you. I would have preferred something a bit more aggressive as an exfoliator that I can actually feel working as I use it. However, as a cleanser, I did experience that my skin seemed absolutely free of cosmetics and oil without any irritation. The scent is quite mild but pleasant.

In essence, I would absolutely add Olay Fresh Effects to my rotation of cleansing products, and definitely recommend it to a friend.

Carpool
Carpool
DVD
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Charming Family Fun!, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Carpool (Amazon Instant Video)
Carpool is one of those old movies that just managed to fly under my radar, and I was happy to have discovered it on Amazon. The mix of each character's particular desperation was well developed in concept and presentation. Chuck McCann, in particular, shines as the inept and corrupt cop! If you are looking for some light entertainment that is appropriate for the entire family, you won't go wrong with Carpool.

Utopia Bedding Cotton Bed Blanket (Queen, GREY)
Utopia Bedding Cotton Bed Blanket (Queen, GREY)
Offered by Utopia Deals
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price!, November 24, 2014
I purchased two Queen Gray blankets to replace older ones from a discount store. The quality was good -- moderate thickness and rich color. These blankets are still good after two trips through the washer and dryer, and they maintained their softness. Recommended!

SilverStone Ceramic CXi Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set, Chili Red
SilverStone Ceramic CXi Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set, Chili Red
Price: $109.99
3 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty addition to my kitchen!, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are going to need something quite practical, well, you might as well make it look pretty. For sure, this SilverStone Chili Red set of cookware is very pretty -- even adorable, I'd say! It's sort of a mid-weight collection. Not too light. Not too heavy. With careful use, this will last you quite a while. It would make a great housewarming gift for people just starting out. For me, it was the perfect thing to help me toss out some kitchen items that had long since worn out their welcome in my kitchen. My first use was for a beef stew. No problems, and clean up was easy. I deed clean up at the sink instead of the dish washer, but I'm sure I'd have no problem with that. I'd definitely avoid using any sharp metal utelsils around this set, but it certainly seems like I'll have this for quite some time. Useful and cute! I couldn't ask for more!

I Thought About You
I Thought About You
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best version EVER!, November 19, 2014
This review is from: I Thought About You (MP3 Music)
Johnny Mercer actually wrote the lyrics of I Thought About You while taking a long trip on a train to Chicago. Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington and more of the true greats recorded it, but only Jaye P. Morgan captured the essence of it for me. I love this song, and I totally adore the talent of Jaye P. Morgan!

SilverStone Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick Bakeware 11-Inch x 17-Inch Cookie Pan, Chili Red
Offered by ****End of Year CLEARANCE ITEM*****
Price: $9,994.00
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive Bakeware!, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Chile Red cookie tray by SilverStone is awesome! It's so cute, it actually inspires me to bake. As soon as I got it, I made a batch of peanut butter cookies from a mix. The cookies came out great. There was no sticking at all. The best part is that cleanup was totally easy. I washed it by hand instead of putting it into the dish washer and the results were excellent. With careful use, this should serve well for quite some time.

OXO Good Grips Simple Mandoline
OXO Good Grips Simple Mandoline
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love It!, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At the risk of appearing boastful, I can state that I am quite famous in certain social circles for the soups that I whip up. I am also famous for a "whipping up" that can take hours on end. These recipes started years ago when we were kids, and now as ladies of a certain age there is a full range that has grown to include almost everything in the produce aisle.

The OXO Good Grips Simple Mandoline arrived right on time for my first creation of the season. I didn't expect much. In the picture, it sure didn't look like much. However, I can totally claim in all honesty that it reduced the hours of chopping and slicing to a fun and manageable prep time that didn't leave me exhausted. It's positively a culinary magic trick!

If you are looking for a gift for anyone who loves kitchen gadgets that really work, you won't go wrong with this one. I absolutely love it.

E.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation, Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce
E.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation, Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Diamond Daisy
Price: $10.75
6 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far the BEST EVER!!, November 7, 2014
I have used so many different foundations over the years -- from department store pricey to dime store cheap. I've noticed that quality doesn't always match a high price tag, and this E.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation is the best I have ever used, surprisingly at the lowest price. I purchased this and other items directly from E.l.f. during one of their mega-sales. I stocked up on all kinds of goodies, and I thought I'd give this a try based on the rave reviews from other customers.

I was beyond pleasantly surprised -- I was astonished. All I can tell you is that when I first applied it, I was not impressed at all. However, as I used my fingers to even out the application the product seemed to disappear into my skin. For me, the color match was excellent, and there is a range of shades to experiment. If you can't find one that matches you just right, it is definitely worth buying the next shade to create your own blend until E.l.f. expands this line. My skin looked immediately smoother, the pores looked somewhat smaller, the color seemed much more even -- I just loved it. Furthermore, as the day wore on, I did not need any reapplication, my skin still looked fresh!

I recommend this E.l.f. foundation to anyone, wether or not you have problem skin. Just FABULOUS! Really!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20