ARRAY(0x97d9c318)

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linda RSS Feed

Rise of the Anshar (The Days of Noah Series)
Rise of the Anshar (The Days of Noah Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, September 24, 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book and am looking forward to the next one. There are a few words that are missing here and there in the sentences, but you can figure out what they are and read through them, so that's the only reason for four stars. This is a little different storyline than other books I've read about on this subject of Nephilim and the days of Noah. And at the end of this part of the story, the author lists references and recommended reading which I will be looking into because they sound interesting.

Collapse (New America-Book One)
Collapse (New America-Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 10, 2013
Loved it! Can't wait for the next one. Unfortunately, something like this is likely to happen, especially the parts about the rioting in the big cities when no one can afford food and gas and the government runs out, which it eventually will.

The GOD Principle Book II - The Rise of the Nephilim
The GOD Principle Book II - The Rise of the Nephilim

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Storyline, January 10, 2013
I was kind of surprised that there hasn't been a review written on this, so I'll be the first, I guess. I read The GOD Principle for free and then bought The GOD Principle II. It's a very good storyline. I actually got so interested in it that I went online and searched for the Book of Enoch and was able to read some of it. This is where the author draws his storyline from. I really didn't know much about the Book of Enoch. If you're a Christian, remember this is fiction drawn from the parts of the Bible.

I'm very much looking forward to the third installment. The only constructive criticism I would offer is that sometimes the author writes the same scene twice, not exactly the same, but just goes over it a little too much. But other than that, I have highly enjoyed this book and am eagerly waiting for the next installment.

God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best One Yet!, December 16, 2012
OMGosh! This has to be the best one Mr. Lyman's written so far! Yes, I'm using a lot of exclamation points. It is that good! I absolutely loved it! There has got to be a fourth. Please tell me there's a fourth! There is no way this could ever be made into a movie by Hollywood. It is too intricate. They'd botch it and never get it right. What a fascinating story! This series of books are absolutely riveting. I am eagerly anticipating the next one. Mr. Lyman, you do not charge enough for your books. Your writing and stories are so far beyond Dan Brown and similar authors. I thought about comparing you to Clive Cussler when he was in his heyday, and I've read almost all of his books, except the latter ones where he collaborates with others, I'm sorry, they're just not as good, no insult intended. The creativity of weaving in history is the actually better than Mr. Cussler's, but your details and storylines are way more believable. You are my new most favorite author! You must continue writing. You are one of the best writers/storytellers I have ever read. I just finished this third book, and I just sat there thinking, "Does it have to end? There just has to be another book in this series." And whoever your editor and proofer are, they're doing a great job too! I proofread and edit as part of my job, so I notice that type of thing. Kudos to you, Mr. Lyman! Great job. I have thoroughly enjoyed all three of your books so far! Thank you so much! Keep up the terrific writing and charge more money next time. You deserve it! And I will happily pay the higher price!

The God Principle
The God Principle

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Thought Provoking, September 2, 2012
This review is from: The God Principle (Kindle Edition)
Yes, there were some typos and grammatical errors, some repetitive writing in this story, but, all in all, I found the storyline very interesting and thought provoking. I'm looking forward to the second book. Yes, this is a series. If you're a Christian, when you first start reading, you might think this is not about our G-d, but as you get deeper into the book, you might think, well, maybe it is. Clearly, this is fiction. I was very entertained, and that is, after all, what a story is supposed to do. Without spoiling it, I found the storyline about Enoch very well written. There's just not much written about him in the Old Testament, so it was good to see something about him. All of this is set in the time before Noah, and the author explores what it might have been like and goes places where the Old Testament doesn't. There's a free preview at the end for the first chapter of the next installment, and it looks promising. Can't wait for the next one to come out so I can get it.

ETA: After the free preview there is a section the author wrote "A Biblical Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew 27:46" which was absolutely fascinating to me, especially with reference to Jesus's last words on the cross and Psalm 22. I pulled out my Bible and checked every one of the references in the commentary, and they were spot on. I very much enjoyed reading this part. Now I'm going to have to track down the Book of Enoch to read.

God's Lions - House of Acerbi
God's Lions - House of Acerbi

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope to See Another Sequel to Acerbi, December 24, 2011
I was so looking forward to this book, and I was not disappointed! It was excellent. I saw maybe three grammatical errors, but so what. I see that nowadays more and more. I'll just ditto the other reviewers' sentiments so far. I think Mr. Lyman should be charging more for his book, because it's worth it. I guess what I like most is that the plots of Mr. Lyman's two books are told from a different perspective. Instead of trying to condemn the church and religion, it is written from a perspective that mistakes were made by the church in the past, and even today still, by men who weren't and aren't following the rules that God laid out for them, but that God is still on our side and He still loves us and will fight for us. It's not a real preachy book, there's not a lot of praying and spouting off Bible verses, but it doesn't try to tear down God and his church like Dan Brown has done in his books. In fact, it's kind of the opposite, but better, than Brown's books. Very few people believe in true evil anymore. When evil is written about by most people, they always try to whitewash it like it's not really a bad thing, that we're just being too judgmental, but evil does exist, and this story captured the very essence of it. I, too, like the twists and turns and historical explanations written into the storyline. Well done, Mr. Lyman. I am hoping and looking forward to a third book in this series!

Alpha Rising
Alpha Rising

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable Read, July 13, 2011
This review is from: Alpha Rising (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a novel idea. So many books written today go by a formula. This one didn't. It made me have to use my imagination a little bit. It wasn't perfect by any means, but when I'm reading a book, I'm looking for entertainment, not perfection. I wonder if the author is going to write a sequel. The ending kind of left it wide open for that. To the author, good job, entertaining read. Thank you.

God's Lions: The Secret Chapel (Book #1 in the God's Lions Series)
God's Lions: The Secret Chapel (Book #1 in the God's Lions Series)
by John Lyman
17 used & new from $27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story, February 6, 2011
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the sequel to come out. It explored some themes I had not thought of. It was fast-paced and had good characters. I would like to see some of them more fully developed in the next book, like Lev, Ariella, and the Code Breaking team. I thought building in and telling the reader what each person's name meant was a great touch. It helped bring the story together. I don't usually write reviews for books, but I did for this one because I truly enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work, Mr. Lyman, and thanks for the good read.