100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween
Profile for jtm > Reviews

jtm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jtm RSS Feed

Stuhrling Original Men's 458G.33152SET Classic Delphi Mechanical Skeleton Silver Dial Watch Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, December 19, 2012
This watch is absolutely stunning - the pictures do NOT do it justice, at all whatsoever. I bought this for my brother, as a Christmas gift (so he hasn't seen it yet). The day it came in the mail, I opened it immediately to take a peek, and later on showed our parents. Their reactions were priceless. The face itself is intricate and just amazing, you can see the gears, etc. so clearly. The leather bands are gorgeous as well. And for the price (when I purchased, it was over 70% off) it's a steal.

Laminated Jumbo Wall Calendar
Laminated Jumbo Wall Calendar
Price: $27.01
7 used & new from $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Overpriced..., October 25, 2011
This calendar is great - it's huge, which is exactly what I needed. However, it is nothing more than a laminated sheet of paper with some rivets in the corners (thankfully, or else it would not hold on the wall due to it's weight and flimsiness). It's packaging was nothing more than a cardboard tube, with some tape to keep it rolled together. Which, by the way, did not want to come off - and resulted in portions of the calendar's edging tearing a little bit. Don't get me wrong - I love this thing, due to it's size, etc. But when it comes rolled up in a cardboard tube, with tape that inevitably tears the product...? Maybe I wasn't paying much attention when I purchased this, but to me, $25 seems a little bit high for what it is.

Canon PowerShot SX130IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3.0-Inch LCD (OLD MODEL)
Offered by DBG Trade
Price: $279.99
31 used & new from $49.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Straight From The Box, August 31, 2010
I first heard about the SX130is on August 19th- the same day I had decided that my final purchase decision would be the SX120is. After reading a few reviews, it had me convinced that this would be worth waiting for. I received my SX130is late this morning- and have to say, right from the box it was just amazing. Every time in the past when purchasing a new camera, it takes some adjusting and "breaking in" before fully great-quality pictures come, but with this one, literally from the first shot it has been wonderful. The HD video also records wonderfuly, and the sound is great as well- even with using all of the 48x digital zoom! The one "downside" to the video mode is that the image doesn't auto-focus as you zoom in, at times you have to re-focus using the shutter just as you normally would when taking a picture, but I personally didn't find that too annoying once I figured it out. The miniature and fisheye modes are a blast to use, and the smart-shutter mode (takes the photo when a smile is detected, without using the shutter) is neat too. The LCD is a nice big size, and has an auto-rotate for images in the playback mode, as well as an option to scroll through them when selecting. A fun fact which I also noticed is that it has a "screensaver," which displays the time to save the screen (as a computer would). Although some might consider it a bit "bulky" compared to most compact point and shoots, the size is perfect for someone like me who has bigger hands, allowing for a decent grip and non-clumsy hold. Overall, I just absolutely LOVE this camera (which I why I already give it 5 stars, hands down). Definitely recomend this to anyone; is well worth the money!

***Updated on 9/24***
After finally getting some Rayovac recharcable NiMH batteries, I can finally say that this camera is well worth the money. If you use regular AA (nonrechargeable) batteries, it will blow through them like crazy, so I learned the hard way. But the NiMH last much, much longer, plus are rechargeable. If you plan on purchasing this camera, I would highly recommend also getting the batteries- it is well worth the extra money.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2012 12:06 PM PDT