Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for jtm > Reviews

Browse

jtm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jtm RSS Feed

Color Oops Hair Color Remover Extra Strength 1 Each
Color Oops Hair Color Remover Extra Strength 1 Each
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $13.32
13 used & new from $11.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Absolutely Nothing (Except Dry My Hair Out), July 27, 2016
I don't normally give product reviews, but wanted to write a review for this one, as most of the others that I have seen are primarily by people trying to remove black or very dark dye from their hair. In case someone out there like me is trying to remove a more natural shade close to their original color, I wanted to give my experience.

My natural hair is about a level 6 golden brown / very dark blonde. I had been dying my hair about a 4.5 - 5 to more of a medium brown shade (permanent) that had a lot of red in it, but had about 2.5 inches of roots that were starting to show that needed to be taken care of. Since my dye had begun to fade (it has been about 4 months since I last colored), I decided that I wanted to start the transition back to my virgin hair color before I get to that age where I am entirely gray. Oh what fun that will be! Anyway...

I read review after review of this product, mostly given by people who either had black dye, orange dye, or a color only dye that this product clearly states it doesn't work well on. After watching videos and reading reviews and hearing that it doesn't damage your hair, I figured I'd give it a shot. The worse that could happen is that my bathroom might stink for a little while from the sulfur-y smell.

First of all, I want to say that apparently smell is a relative sense. Although I agree that this has a sulfur and citrus scent to it, it was relatively faint and definitely didn't hang around my bathroom or hair any longer than the product did (as soon as I washed it out and cleaned up, the smell was gone). Also, something to watch out for is that it DOES squirt everywhere when you take the little tip off. I had seen some reviewers say it did this for them, and it did for me as well. It went all over the wall, but thankfully it wiped up really easily.

Secondly, even though I purchased the extra strength version of this product, it did absolutely NOTHING on my colored ends. The general 1/2 inch that had the faded level 5 red-hued color on it did get lifted and reveal a little more of my natural roots, but as far as the ends of my hair went, the color didn't change at all. I followed the directions exactly, too. Another thing I wanted to note is that my hair felt really dry afterward - maybe just from all the washing, or maybe because I have baby fine hair. But considering this is supposed to be 'gentle,' I was disappointed there. It especially surprised me because I have used bleach on my hair with better results....so maybe there was just something in this product that my hair didn't like.

So, ultimately, although I was hoping to only need a maximum of one bleaching treatment after this product, I still had to do 2 quick processes of bleach. I was really hoping to go close to virgin without any bleach at all, but this product did absolutely nothing at all whatsoever.

I figured I would only give it 2 stars since it did't do the opposite and ruin my hair, but I also wanted to put my review out there amidst all the positive ones. I'm not sure if it was just how old my dye was, or if it's because it had faded down relatively close to my virgin hair already, but I was still hoping it would do *something*.

Stuhrling Original Men's 458G.33152SET Classic Delphi Mechanical Skeleton Silver Dial Watch Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, December 19, 2012
This watch is absolutely stunning - the pictures do NOT do it justice, at all whatsoever. I bought this for my brother, as a Christmas gift (so he hasn't seen it yet). The day it came in the mail, I opened it immediately to take a peek, and later on showed our parents. Their reactions were priceless. The face itself is intricate and just amazing, you can see the gears, etc. so clearly. The leather bands are gorgeous as well. And for the price (when I purchased, it was over 70% off) it's a steal.

Laminated Jumbo Wall Calendar
Laminated Jumbo Wall Calendar
Offered by CALIFORNIA DISTRIBUTORS
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Overpriced..., October 25, 2011
This calendar is great - it's huge, which is exactly what I needed. However, it is nothing more than a laminated sheet of paper with some rivets in the corners (thankfully, or else it would not hold on the wall due to it's weight and flimsiness). It's packaging was nothing more than a cardboard tube, with some tape to keep it rolled together. Which, by the way, did not want to come off - and resulted in portions of the calendar's edging tearing a little bit. Don't get me wrong - I love this thing, due to it's size, etc. But when it comes rolled up in a cardboard tube, with tape that inevitably tears the product...? Maybe I wasn't paying much attention when I purchased this, but to me, $25 seems a little bit high for what it is.

Canon PowerShot SX130IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3.0-Inch LCD (OLD MODEL)
Offered by M & C Sales
Price: $259.98
34 used & new from $39.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Straight From The Box, August 31, 2010
I first heard about the SX130is on August 19th- the same day I had decided that my final purchase decision would be the SX120is. After reading a few reviews, it had me convinced that this would be worth waiting for. I received my SX130is late this morning- and have to say, right from the box it was just amazing. Every time in the past when purchasing a new camera, it takes some adjusting and "breaking in" before fully great-quality pictures come, but with this one, literally from the first shot it has been wonderful. The HD video also records wonderfuly, and the sound is great as well- even with using all of the 48x digital zoom! The one "downside" to the video mode is that the image doesn't auto-focus as you zoom in, at times you have to re-focus using the shutter just as you normally would when taking a picture, but I personally didn't find that too annoying once I figured it out. The miniature and fisheye modes are a blast to use, and the smart-shutter mode (takes the photo when a smile is detected, without using the shutter) is neat too. The LCD is a nice big size, and has an auto-rotate for images in the playback mode, as well as an option to scroll through them when selecting. A fun fact which I also noticed is that it has a "screensaver," which displays the time to save the screen (as a computer would). Although some might consider it a bit "bulky" compared to most compact point and shoots, the size is perfect for someone like me who has bigger hands, allowing for a decent grip and non-clumsy hold. Overall, I just absolutely LOVE this camera (which I why I already give it 5 stars, hands down). Definitely recomend this to anyone; is well worth the money!

***Updated on 9/24***
After finally getting some Rayovac recharcable NiMH batteries, I can finally say that this camera is well worth the money. If you use regular AA (nonrechargeable) batteries, it will blow through them like crazy, so I learned the hard way. But the NiMH last much, much longer, plus are rechargeable. If you plan on purchasing this camera, I would highly recommend also getting the batteries- it is well worth the extra money.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2012 12:06 PM PDT