Profile for Linda Bulger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 482

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linda Bulger RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ULTIMATE CROCHET KIT with Crochet Hook Set, Great for Beginners, Fanatics and Newbies Just Learning - This Crochet Hook Set and Kit Includes a Crochet Hook Set, Stitch Markers, Scissors, Yarn Needles, Measuring Tape, Safety Pins, Ruler, Gauge Measure and Row Counter. Everything you need to Crochet your perfect pattern. (Blue Design)
Offered by TenderHeart Shop
Price: $54.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great timing!, March 18, 2015
This Ultimate Crochet Kit and Crochet Hook Set is the most adorable and practical item! I'm a dedicated knitter but have never really learned to crochet. I was just starting a project (a girl's bolero) that calls for a darling crocheted picot edging, and the writing was on the wall: time to learn to crochet. So when I was offered the chance to try this kit, and write a review saying what I thought of it, I happily accepted.

Knitters and crocheters depend on their small tools, and since we often have a few projects on the go, having everything in one kit like this is a real benefit. Yes, it has a full set of hooks from 2 mm (tiny-tiny, good for beading) to 8 mm (pretty darned big, for super bulky yarn) but it's all the little extras that add so much value. Yarn needles! Locking stitch markers! Measuring tape! Row counter! The cutest little folding scissors! I will use this all the time, even for my knitting.

I've got it packed in my project bag to take to my knitting and crocheting group tomorrow night, where I'll have my first lesson on the picot edging. If that goes well, I have a BIG yarn stash, some of which wants to be a ripple afghan. I have the tools for that, so why not?
This kit would make a great gift for a crocheter, but don't forget your knitting friends -- we have crochet needs too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM PDT

Remington WDF4840 Women's Smooth and Silky Foil Shaver, Purple
Remington WDF4840 Women's Smooth and Silky Foil Shaver, Purple
Price: $33.82
14 used & new from $33.82

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm finding this to be a very good choice, February 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shaver is proving to be a very good choice for me. I use it mainly to shave my legs, and it is doing a good, close job and holding a charge very well. I don't like the idea of taking a shaver into the shower so have only used it dry, and I'm very happy with it.

The only shaver I have used before is the Panasonic ES2207P Close Curves rechargeable Wet/Dry shaver, and I find that this Remington gives a smoother outcome. The Remington also lists on Amazon for approximately twice the price of the Panasonic, so that may not be surprising; but it's still a very reasonable price. I did prefer the Panasonic's charger, which plugs directly into an outlet, but at least the Remington's countertop charger has a small footprint.

The product information states that the foils and blades should be replaced every 6 months, which seems like a gross generalization since they can't know how much or how little I use the shaver. I don't know what the replacement parts cost.

Overall, I'm very happy with this Remington Smooth and Silky shaver. Five stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2014 11:08 AM PDT

Hamilton Mills Toasted Cinnamon, Single-Cup coffee for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 40 Count
Price: $25.23
2 used & new from $25.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a robust coffe, February 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Toasted Cinnamon flavored coffee has a taste that I find very agreeable, but it just doesn't have the oomph I like in my coffee. I use K-cups at work only, since I don't have a machine at home, and usually I'm looking for a strong brew. If I set the machine to the smallest cup size (of three), it tastes better to me -- but then I only have half a mug of coffee, which doesn't really seem like enough.

We sometimes swap coffee at the office for variety, and I asked a few people to try these cups and tell me what they thought. One of my "testers" liked it very much--though she did mention that she usually likes a mild flavored coffee, nothing strong, and found this very mild.

I do like to try different coffee blends and certainly used this up without hating it, but I'll be looking for something stronger to suit my taste.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2014 11:09 AM PDT

Omega-3 Fish Oil - NutriGold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold, 180 Softgels - 1000 mg EPA + DHA with 85% Omega-3s in 1,250 mg Liquid Capsules, Molecularly Distilled Fatty Acids, Pharmaceutical Grade Pills That Are NOT Enteric Coated for Best Absorption But Still Guaranteed Burpless and Odorless - IFOS 5-Star Certified, ConsumerLab Approved, and Ranked #1 by LabDoor in Comparison of Top 50 Fish Oil Supplements
Offered by BuyHerbs
Price: $36.99
3 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to take, February 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have previously regarded fish oil capsules as being fairly "generic" and always bought whatever brand was on sale when I needed them. A fishy aftertaste is not uncommon and I just put up with it for the sake of my health. When I had the chance to try these Nutrigold capsules, I didn't really expect to find a difference. But after taking them for a month, I haven't had any fishy taste at all, and I'm really happy with that.

I'm also happy with the fact that the oil is from wild-caught fish, a certified sustainable source; and that the capsules are "sourced, purified, and manufactured in USA." I compared the label to the drugstore brand I bought last, and found the concentration of EPA and DHA to be 50% higher. The price of the Nutrigold product is 25% higher (though the Amazon price is, of course, lower with Subscribe % Save).

I'm satisfied that this product is good quality and fairly priced, and yes, easy to take.

Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap, Citrus, 16oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 3)
Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap, Citrus, 16oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 3)
Price: $20.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dish soap, even in a baby-free zone, January 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This BabyGanics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap is nothing like the products I usually use, but it's a very nice addition to my kitchen. The pump dispenser works easily and delivers a shot of foam to your sponge, and the soapy sponge cuts grease and cleans dishes very well. I especially like the way it cleans plastic containers, and then rinses off easily. It's easy on the hands and I like the scent. Though I don't always choose organics, I do feel good about having this kind of non-toxic cleaning product, especially in the kitchen around food prep areas.

The 16-ounce container may be a bit expensive but it's going to last a long time. I usually wash a pan full of dishes at a time, and prefer to fill the pan with hot, sudsy water and then wash with a sponge and rinse. This BabyGanics product isn't at its best with the full-dishpan method: you will find it most effective when foamed onto a sponge and wiped directly onto the dishes, followed by a rinse under running water. I use it when washing just a few things, and when wiping down kitchen surfaces (again, followed by a rinse with a clean sponge).

I also like the BabyGanics better than the liquid hand soap I've been using, and find that it's much quicker to rinse off.

I will probably still use a squirt of liquid dish soap for washing a lot of dishes, reaching for the BabyGanics when there are only a few things to be washed. It's a good addition to my kitchen. Households with no small children might not think of choosing a product like this, but I'm glad I had the chance to try it out and discover how good it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 3:04 PM PST

Cold-Eeze Cold Remedy Lozenges, Tropical Orange, 18 Count
Cold-Eeze Cold Remedy Lozenges, Tropical Orange, 18 Count
Price: $5.99
35 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually believe in this stuff, January 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Amazingly, I've escaped the virulent cold that went through my office over the last six weeks. There has been lost work time, every pharmaceutical remedy on the shelves, and lots of pain and suffering--but not for me. I have no proof that it was the Cold-Eeze lozenges that protected me, but can you blame me for thinking favorably of them?

So whether it was the zinc, or the positive thoughts, or just blind luck, I've avoided colds this winter and I now swear by the Cold-Eeze when people around me are coughing and sneezing.

Why, then, four stars? Really, the metallic after-taste is not particularly enjoyable. But certainly better than having a cold.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2015 2:34 PM PST

Remington WPG4030 Ultimate Body and Bikini Grooming Kit, White
Remington WPG4030 Ultimate Body and Bikini Grooming Kit, White
Offered by EEE DEALS
Price: $28.99
14 used & new from $28.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many attachments, and some of them pinch, December 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, this grooming kit has a bit too much kit with it, for my taste. The groomer itself has a great shape, easy to hold and long enough to be convenient. But I think I'll use the foil groomer head nearly all of the time and leave the rest in the pretty little case.

So in its favor, besides shape: it seems to have plenty of power and holds a charge well. It's meant to be used cordless, wet or dry (though I prefer dry). Very maneuverable. The foil head is quite comfortable, and small enough for good control.

But the other heads all pinched or nicked me--except for the exfoliator brush head, which frankly seemed not that useful.

This is the only electric groomer product I have tried. It's more comfortable, easier to use and nearly as effective as a blade, and I will use it regularly. But when it needs to be replaced, I'll check the features on other products before making a purchase decision.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 7:44 PM PST

Vita-Mini Multi Complete Tablets, 60 Count
Vita-Mini Multi Complete Tablets, 60 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic, easy to take, good value, December 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Vita-Mini Multi Complete may be exaggerating slightly with the term "complete," because there is no end to the supplements people may choose to take. But these little pills do contain 100% of the US recommended daily amount of several vitamins--for example C, D, E, and folic acid.

So if you are just looking for a multi-vitamin on general principles, this may be an excellent choice. So many people hate taking the big pills, and this tiny tablet is very easy to take in comparison. And if you are targeting specific vitamins for your health needs by taking separate supplements (for example, D for heart health or lutein for vision support), then this multi might be just the thing to fill in the gaps.

The advertising mentions that the pills contain no lactose, gluten or yeast; but if soy is a problem for you, do note on the ingredient list that they contain soy.

As a recent convert to Subscribe & Save, I noted that the price on these is very good under that program.

Vetri-Science Canine Plus, 60 Bite-Sized Chews
Vetri-Science Canine Plus, 60 Bite-Sized Chews
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog likes them--a lot!, December 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My small dog has no particular food preferences, in fact she will nearly anything--so much so that from time to time we have to put her on a restricted bland diet due to what her vet calls "dietary indiscretion." So when I found that she LOVES these supplements, it was no surprise.

But really, she LOVES them. Prefers them to any of her reward tidbits, and begs for "the good stuff" when I give her something else. According to the package she can only have one or two of these a day, so we have to negotiate.

We feed her a good-quality food and are very careful with any other "treats" we give her, so I am not convinced that she needs a dietary supplement. But I will check with the vet, and if he thinks it's in her best interests, then I will keep her on these. The company seems to be well-regarded and the ingredient list raises no alarms.

And the really important thing--she loves them.

Sterling Silver Blue Diamond Accented Butterfly Pendant Necklace, 18"
Sterling Silver Blue Diamond Accented Butterfly Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $25.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming pendant, extremely fragile chain, December 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very pretty, very light and dainty pendant. The pave body has a bluish tint, which is quite appealing. I like it and will wear it fairly often, I'm sure.

The chain, though, is the weak link in the piece. It IS 18 inches (I measured), which is a fairly short length for an adult but just right for some necklines--and also a good length for such a light and almost insubstantial piece, which would look odd swinging from a long chain. It's extremely fragile, though, and the clasp is minuscule and frankly all but impossible.

The good news is that the openings on the back of the pendant (that the chain passes through) are relatively large, and you will have no problem putting a different chain through them, if you have one that is sturdier and easier to fasten.

So five points for the charming butterfly, and two or three for the chain. Four stars overall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20