Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Browse

Kindle Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed (Allentown, PA)

Page: 1 | 2
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (3 Feet/ 1 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (3 Feet/ 1 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable that is nice and short, January 11, 2016
Arrived quickly. Good quality cable that is nice and short. Not tons of extra to clutter everything up.

Saeco CA6804/47 Coffee Grinder Accessory, Black
Saeco CA6804/47 Coffee Grinder Accessory, Black
Price: $32.50
6 used & new from $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my needs perfectly., August 21, 2013
I recently bought this grinder to replace my Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill. The motor died on that unit after approximately 4 years of daily use. I wanted to replace it for approximately the same price but due to certain annoyances I did not want another Cuisinart.

Here's what I like better about this Saeco unit:

1. Bean Hopper. It is a bit smaller but the large majority of beans are held in the cavity of the unit. The cover is a tinted plastic. This minimizes the exposure to light. The Cuisinart holds more beans but all the beans sit above the unit in a clear plastic hopper.

2. Grind Chamber. It's also smaller and this makes it easier for me to dump into my drip coffee maker without making a mess. The anti-static plastic seems to work somewhat better than the cuisinart but you still need to use a brush.

3. Grind Knob. The knob on the side of the unit to control grind is much preferred to the cuisinart where you twist the bean hopper. My wife had a mishap with this and broke the long end of the hopper. This seems to be a very popular replacement part so I don't think this is an uncommon occurence.

4. Burr Cleaning. Removing the top burr for cleaing is very easy. Set to fine grind and give a quick twist.

5. Finesness of Grind. I am simply a drip coffee drinker so I don't pay too much attention to the quality/fineness of the grind. I do roast my own coffee though and prefer a finer grind due to the smoothness/freshness of the beans. The Saeco unit hits about the same level of fineness at its fourth lowest setting compared to the cuisinart's lowest. Obviously if you are grinding for expresso neither of these two units are for you but the Saeco will produce a finer grind.

6. Quieter. The Saeco unit is noticeably quieter. The burrs must turn somewhat slower so grind times are a little longer.

7. Phyisal Appearance. I find the appearance of the Saeco unit is superior. It takes up much less room on the counter, it doesn't have that annoying looking bean hopper on top, and has a cool blue power light that is on when the beans are grinding.

There is one thing I like less about the Saeco and that is that the opening on the unit where the ground coffee flys into the grind chamber tends to clog more than on the Cuisinart. The Saeco unit is so light and compact that I normally just hold it over the drip basket and give a quick swipe with the brush.

Overall for a $50 burr grinder either unit would work well for most people, however having worked with both I think the Saeco is a much better choice.

Giro Rift Bike Helmet (Matte Black Trees, Universal Fit)
Giro Rift Bike Helmet (Matte Black Trees, Universal Fit)
Offered by Bike Nashbar
Price: $55.00
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Price, I Love this Helmet, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Giro Rift Bike Helmet (Sports)
I bought this helmet last July for recreational riding on the rail trails on the east coast. The acu-dial fit system works perfectly for me. I can imagine from the reviews that there are some skulls for which this just doesn't work, but for me I have never had a helmet that is easier to adjust or fits as snugly. The airflow through this helmet given its relatively cheap price is amazing. I feel like I have an air conditioner on my head when I'm riding with it.

As for protection I can say that it works great. I was riding the trails after Hurricane Sandy last year and had to ride the road where the trails became impassible. At one point as I was going from dirt to road, fallen leaves hid that fact that the lip of the macadam road was about 4 inches high. I hit that lip with the side wall of my tires. I shot head first over the bars and came down on top of the front of my head on the road. Without this helmet my head would have been split wide open. The helmet took all of the impact. I didn't feel a thing. Not even a minor headache afterwards. The visor was destroyed and the helmet was badly scratched but remained mostly intact. As recommended I have replaced that one with the exact same helmet.

On Stage FS7850B Guitar Foot Rest
On Stage FS7850B Guitar Foot Rest
Price: $9.95
15 used & new from $9.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Reliable footstool, November 17, 2012
I bought three of these. I keep one in my backpack, one in my practice area and I keep a spare. There are five adjustment rungs on the bottom of this stand so it should easily accomodate all different size players. The black finish is nice because it shows no oxidation or rust as shiny footstools tend to display. Great price for a very necessary piece of equipment.

SanDisk 32GB Class 4 Micro SDHC Memory Card, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDQ-032G-AFFP
Price: $10.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe All the 1 Star Reviews!! Avoid ALL Sandisk Products!!!, October 26, 2012
I had the same experience as many others. Card quits after a few months, will not be recognized by phone, computer at all. Sandisk is willing to replace the card but they will not assist at all with data recovery. They will be happy to refer you to one of their "partners" to assist/charge you for that. I am completely done with SanDisk. I had 2 sansa clip MP3 players that died without explanation in similar fashion. There products are plain and simplpy junk.

PS. I recieved this in the retail packaging so I don't think frustation-free vs. retail makes one bit of difference.

100 Graded Classical Guitar Studies
100 Graded Classical Guitar Studies
by Frederick Noad
Price: $22.21
49 used & new from $9.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Collection for Supplemental Practice, October 23, 2012
I purchased this book twice. Once many years ago before I was even remotely serious about playing classical guitar. Then, like many of the reviewers on this site, I agree that the studies are not in fact well-graded for novice players. I fuddled through some of the pieces with very simple rythms that remained in first position. Most of the book was unplayable for me.

After I lost my original copy, I bought this book again recently after having studied with a very good classical teacher for about 4 years. I had the book spiral bound to eliminate the usual frustration ($4 at staples). I now find that I can read through just about every study without much difficulty. I think Noad's notes are very good and it is normally very clear to me what I should be getting from each study at a technical level. I agree with others who have said that this isn't the most exciting collection and it seems a bit random. That's what I like about it. I keep it near my music stand at all times. When I am feeling bored with other things I am working on, I open it to a random page and instantly find something that is playable with great notes about where to focus. The right and left hand fingering suggestions are generally excellent.

Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer Silver
Price: $333.99
81 used & new from $169.49

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have the counter space buy the 8006, March 16, 2012
My wife and I bought this juicer because we wanted to make green juicing a part of our daily lifestyle. Our reasons for picking this juicer over the more affordably priced 8006 was the larger feed spout and more importantly the smaller footprint it took up on the counter.

On those two points this juicer did deliver as promised. It also makes an excellent juice and we did not find the pulp excessive as long as we managed to keep the pulp ejection port from clogging too much. Unfortunately, we could not find any way to reliably run the vert juicer without the port clogging at least some of the time. We were cutting up the veggies and greens in to small pieces, varying soft and hard vegetables, and generally following all the tips we read here and on discountjuicer.com. Despite this, we were still having to hit the reverse switch multiple times while making juice. I called Omega and spoke with a very nice person in customer service. I reviewed the procedure we were following for juicing and cleaning the machine with her. She verified that we were using the machine correctly. She did not have any recommendations other than to perhaps try the 8006 horizontal style juicer.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, Black and Chrome

That is what we did. We sent back the vert and got the 8006. The 8006 works excellent and has not clogged once after using it for 2 weeks while making juice twice a day. In my opinion, it also assembles and cleans up faster. As for the counter space, if you stack the front end assembly parts inside the juice containers and keep them in a cabinet, the juicer itself won't take up appreciably more room than the vert.

In summary, if you can spare the counter space, you will save about $80, get a longer warranty, and save yourself many headaches with pulp issues by getting the 8006 instead.

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25 Sound System with Sleek Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by accessories4less
Price: $249.99
2 used & new from $135.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound, some problems, December 9, 2011
Overall, I am pleased with the sound these speakers produce. They are very clearly superior to my television speakers. I can now stream music to my network enabled television and it is good quality stereo sound. The easy cabling, no need for a stereo receiver, and compact size are all terrific. These features and the fact that I purchased them with frequent flyer miles are what allows me to give this product a 4 star rating despite the problems.

Now the problems/annoyances:

Given the simplicity of this system, I thought it was going to be very easy to set up. It wasn't, but for reasons I did not anticipate. The grill came with a paper decal affixed to it. It was stuck on there so badly that it took me about 30 minutes to clean it completely. First I manually peeled, then I used a razor blade, then I finally cleaned with Goo-Gone. This was time wasted as you will see below.

Programming would have been easy if you could easily get the speakers to enter programming mode. You have to push the power and volume up button at the exact same time to get it to work. It is very touchy and once you have the volume up button programmed, you better get it right or your ear drums will get a nice beating. I didn't have a problem with the programming instructions, but I believe many people would. In step 3, it tells you to push the volume up button, but really you are supposed to be pushing the button you want to program. This is implied but many people would not get this. (One Tip: it says that programming the listening mode, power, and input source are optional. I wanted to program listening mode so I could switch to streaming music from the couch. I used the "Live" button on the DVR for this command. It's a good one because you can press it repeatedly for a toggle on most occasions.)

I will verify right now that what was said in another review was very accurate, your remote will not work anywhere to the right of this unit while the grill is on the soundbar. Removing the grill will correct the problem. I contacted BA customer service about this and they claim that they can correct the issue if you ship the speakers back to them (post paid by them). They told me they would adjust the IR sensor. When I asked them for more details on what they would actually do they said "we can pull the sensor cover and this will open the angle at which the sensor can detect our remotes signal". Fortunately my wife likes the look of these better without the grill, so I won't be taking this option. Too bad I wasted so much time cleaning the darn thing. Customer Support was very responsive. I have no complaint in that respect.

My final problem has to do with streaming Netflix. I cannot do it with the speakers powered on. Both my TV and the wireless subwoofer are transmitting in the 2.4 Ghz band and they are interfering with each other. This is documented on BA's website. They recommend that you change the channel that your wireless router broadcasts on. I have tried this but haven't found a channel they can coexist on yet.

Summary: This is a very nice product but it comes with some built-in problems. If you look at the product reviews and the BA website, you can identify the majority of them all up front. If you can live with these and like the price point these speaker are for you.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 4:21 PM PDT

Intelli IMT500 Clip-on Chromatic Digital Tuner for Strings
Intelli IMT500 Clip-on Chromatic Digital Tuner for Strings
Offered by The Instrument Store
Price: $18.99
7 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!, April 28, 2010
I think this is the lowest price tuner intellitouch tuner. I bought mine for about $15. I had the intellitouch pt2 prior to owning this. All in all I like this cheaper version much better. The large clip is very easy to get on and off the guitar and it is less obtrusive then the PT2 when clipped on. The display is very nice on this unit and very intuitive. My only knock on this tuner is that I must take it off while I am playing otherwise I can hear it vibrating on the headstock.

Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service, February 25, 2010
The earbuds are a bit oddly shaped. It took me a while to get used to them and to find the proper tip. Once I did, the sound quality and volume are far better than any other earbuds I've ever used. I routinely purchase Sony and JBud earphones and always have the volume on my MP3 player at max with these brands. With the Altec Lansing my ears are in pain if I play them at 75%, so there is a very clear diffence in aubible sound.

I had the headphones for 6 months and the right one failed. This didn't surprise me because I am terribly hard on earphones and for me this is about the normal lifespan. I immediately ordered a pair of Jbuds to replace them, but called Altec Lansing customer support to see what they'd say. My past experience with Sony led me to believe that they would be a total loss. Much to my surprise a very friendly person based in the United States answered my phone call, she apologized that the earphones failed and gave me a return authorization for full replacement with no questions asked. I had the new earphones in under a week. That is great customer service and for that reason alone I will glady purchase Altec Lansing products in the future.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2010 11:45 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2